PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. 10 losses?

MajorMike
12-26-2007, 11:18 PM
The Mavs didn't have 10 losses until 12 March last year; only had 15 on the season...

'Course they didn't win anything last year, either.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-26-2007, 11:38 PM
at least they don't have to worry about peaking too early?...

boutons_
12-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Avery's mimicking Spurs, intending to peak for the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Mavs were hungover. :D I expect to see the real mavs by mid January after the holidays and time to start getting serious. Right now they are pacing themselves.

traitoravery
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
Jason Terry was 0 for 10 hahahahaha rofl

TheNextGen
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
they're just making sure they dont play Golden state

BonnerDynasty
12-27-2007, 12:52 AM

sribb43
12-27-2007, 08:56 AM

that would be the best coaching move avery made his whole time hear if he pulls that off

td4mvp21
12-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Mavs were hungover. :D I expect to see the real mavs by mid January after the holidays and time to start getting serious. Right now they are pacing themselves.
You can't just say "Oh we will pace ourselves and then flip the switch, just like the Spurs." That's forcing it. The Mavs players are completely different than the Spurs players, and the coaches are completely different. It's a completely different system. The main reason why the Spurs usually start off slow and poor on defense is because the way Pop coaches and Tim Duncan usually starts off slow then picks it up mid season. That's not how the Mavericks operate nor have they ever operated. I think Avery's screwing them over by trying to do it Pop's way. I think the Mavs will still be good but I'm not so sure if they will be great by the season's end. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 12:56 PM
You can't just say "Oh we will pace ourselves and then flip the switch, just like the Spurs." That's forcing it. The Mavs players are completely different than the Spurs players, and the coaches are completely different. It's a completely different system. The main reason why the Spurs usually start off slow and poor on defense is because the way Pop coaches and Tim Duncan usually starts off slow then picks it up mid season. That's not how the Mavericks operate nor have they ever operated. I think Avery's screwing them over by trying to do it Pop's way. I think the Mavs will still be good but I'm not so sure if they will be great by the season's end. Maybe I'll be wrong though.

I don't know why people keep saying this. The Mavericks are still in the same slump that started a month before the playoffs last year. They aren't pacing, and they aren't trying to mimic the Spurs, unless you count trying to win a championship. You really think they huddle up in the locker room before the games and say "Okay guys, go out there and play the shittiest defense you possibly can so we can win in the post season"? Give me a break... They are out of whack, plain and simple. There's nothing more to it. See you in the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
12-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, we shouldn't be too shocked to see the Mavs sitting at 19-10...Unlike last year, the Mavs are having to earn their victories instead of getting games handed to them. In fact, this may be the worst season Dallas will have of this decade.

Since the 2000-2001 season, they've had 53, 57, 60, 52, 58, 60, and 67 win seasons.

I could see them only winning 50 games at this point. At the same time, they are playing pretty much the way I expected them to. They're not that good, and last year what they had over the league was a mental, not talent, advantage. Teams like Phoenix, Utah, and Golden State actually show up to play Dallas, and those three teams usually beat Dallas.

Now if SA can start getting out of this slump we've had vs. Dallas since 2004-2005, Dallas will be mediocre for sure.

stretch
12-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, we shouldn't be too shocked to see the Mavs sitting at 19-10...Unlike last year, the Mavs are having to earn their victories instead of getting games handed to them. In fact, this may be the worst season Dallas will have of this decade.

Since the 2000-2001 season, they've had 53, 57, 60, 52, 58, 60, and 67 win seasons.

I could see them only winning 50 games at this point. At the same time, they are playing pretty much the way I expected them to. They're not that good, and last year what they had over the league was a mental, not talent, advantage. Teams like Phoenix, Utah, and Golden State actually show up to play Dallas, and those three teams usually beat Dallas.

Now if SA can start getting out of this slump we've had vs. Dallas since 2004-2005, Dallas will be mediocre for sure.
When is your next gig, Jeff? Let me know the next time you have a solo. I definitely want to be there.

K-State Spur
12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Avery's mimicking Spurs, intending to peak for the playoffs.

the problem with that is that nobody other than the Spurs has really mastered that. most teams tend to play in the playoffs like they did during the season.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Please take your Prozac. You have to be the biggest douche bag in person. Email me your address, I need to come visit you.

mavsfan1000
12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Please take your Prozac. You have to be the biggest douche bag in person. Email me your address, I need to come visit you.
Stalker alert.

Kriz-Maxima
12-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I miss spurscenter's threads.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Stalker alert.

You jealous or something?

mavsfan1000
12-27-2007, 04:18 PM
You jealous or something?
He would be even a bigger idiot if he actually gave you his address. Seriously anyone asking for their address because they don't like someone is very strange.

Bruno
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
:td
Spurs' fans cockiness looks more and more like last year Mavs fans' cockiness.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 04:48 PM
He would be even a bigger idiot if he actually gave you his address. Seriously anyone asking for their address because they don't like someone is very strange.

From now on I'll start indicating when I'm being sarcastic just for you. Who turns on your computer for you?

(Don't really answer that question, I'm being sarcastic, I don't really want to know who turns on your computer).

FromWayDowntown
12-27-2007, 04:53 PM
:td
Spurs' fans cockiness looks more and more like last year Mavs fans' cockiness.

Agreed -- particularly since the Spurs are, at the moment, only 6-4 against teams that would qualify for the playoffs in the West and have a losing record on the road.

LEONARD
12-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Mavs will be fine...

SpursDynasty
12-27-2007, 06:00 PM
What Dallas and Avery are failing to realize is: There is no correlation between regular season "burnout" and the playoffs.

MJ's Bulls always won 60+ and won the championship.

Kobe and Shaq's Lakers went 67-15 and won the championship, in fact, EVERY team in NBA history that has won at least 67 in the regular season, has gone on to win the championship, except for Dallas. So I guess those teams didn't "burn out" in the regular season.

Dallas needs to alter their postseason, not regular season, play. It doesn't matter if you go full blast at 67-15 or take it easy and go 50-32: if you're not a playoff team, you will lose. And so what if you burn out during the regular season....67 wins...what's 16 more and how hard can it be if you're good enough to win 67??

So my point is, even if Dallas takes it easy this regular season, they will still probably lose.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
What Dallas and Avery are failing to realize is: There is no correlation between regular season "burnout" and the playoffs.

MJ's Bulls always won 60+ and won the championship.

Kobe and Shaq's Lakers went 67-15 and won the championship, in fact, EVERY team in NBA history that has won at least 67 in the regular season, has gone on to win the championship, except for Dallas. So I guess those teams didn't "burn out" in the regular season.

Dallas needs to alter their postseason, not regular season, play. It doesn't matter if you go full blast at 67-15 or take it easy and go 50-32: if you're not a playoff team, you will lose. And so what if you burn out during the regular season....67 wins...what's 16 more and how hard can it be if you're good enough to win 67??

So my point is, even if Dallas takes it easy this regular season, they will still probably lose.

Wow, I was almost impressed. You actually had an informative, meaningful post there for a second. Then you fucked it up with the last sentence. Take off the last sentence and this is a good post. You're still an idiot though.

MajorMike
12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Ooops. 11 losses.

violentkitten
12-28-2007, 01:20 AM
the spurs have played like dogshit in november/december before and ended up winning a title. last season they looked like the walking dead until mid-february. this doesnt mean that sucking early guarantees postseason success, just that it doesnt necessarily guarantee postseason failure.

T Park
12-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Except for the Spurs didn't have the mental toughness of play doh like good old Dallas.

spursfan09
12-28-2007, 06:04 PM
At least spur fans have a right to be "cocky". Mav fans were on another level the past 2 years. Now its like alot don't even come around anymore....ponky!