PDA

View Full Version : Aggie Yell Leader: Paterno On His Deathbed

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM
http://www.ksat.com/news/14935593/detail.html

johngateswhiteley
12-27-2007, 11:46 PM
who gives a fuck...shouldn't have apologized.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
You realize a prerequisite of being a yell leader is mandatory donkey throatfucking, don't you?

violentkitten
12-28-2007, 12:26 AM
http://www.bumperactive.com/images/catalog/thumbs/2379-72.jpg

Mr Dio
12-28-2007, 02:22 AM
Classless.....as usual.....

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Looks like they are as good at yelling as they are at building bonfires.

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 05:18 AM

...thats unbelievably classless.

leemajors
12-28-2007, 09:02 AM
...thats unbelievably classless.

leroyjenkins
12-28-2007, 09:45 AM

good job making fun of the people that last their lives and all the families that were affected.

classless

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Joe Paterno has exemplified class for the entirety of his legendary career as a football coach. For someone like Coach Paterno, this sort of nonsensical, ignorant ranting is best disregarded.

It's interesting to note that it's okay for Aggies to insult an opposing coach -- not classless -- but someone insulting Aggies is "unbelievably classless." I'll absolutely agree that mocking the Bonfire victims is beyond the pale, but I also think the same is true of casting aspersions upon the age of a legendary opposing coach. Is saying someone needs to be in the casket any better, really, than suggesting that stupidity might have caused deaths?

And the Aggie insults of Texas Tech are just hilarious, since Red Raider owns that ass.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Apparently even some of the Aggie faithful were not happy...

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Texas A&M officials have apologized to Penn State leaders over an Aggie yell leader's references to needing a "casket" for coach Joe Paterno.

Paterno last week turned 81.

Penn State faces A&M on Saturday night in the Valero Alamo Bowl.

One A&M yell leader, during a pep rally Thursday night, told the crowd that Paterno was "on his death bed" and "someone needs to find him a casket."

The remarks drew boos from the crowd.

Some A&M and Penn State fans said the remarks were offensive and inappropriate.

A&M spokesman Alan Cannon says interim president Eddie Davis and athletic director Bill Byrne later apologized to their Penn State counterparts.

Paterno, a 42-year head-coaching veteran, is about to enter the last year of a four-year contract that expires following the 2008 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3170814

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM

Key word, apparently, being some.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
True but every fan base has assholes.

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Indeed.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Ok...the more I look at your avatar...the more I see Beavis.

:lol

Extra Stout
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Joe Paterno has exemplified class for the entirety of his legendary career as a football coach. For someone like Coach Paterno, this sort of nonsensical, ignorant ranting is best disregarded.

It's interesting to note that it's okay for Aggies to insult an opposing coach -- not classless -- but someone insulting Aggies is "unbelievably classless." I'll absolutely agree that mocking the Bonfire victims is beyond the pale, but I also think the same is true of casting aspersions upon the age of a legendary opposing coach. Is saying someone needs to be in the casket any better, really, than suggesting that stupidity might have caused deaths?

And the Aggie insults of Texas Tech are just hilarious, since Red Raider owns that ass.
Taking jgw as being in any way representative of Aggies is about as unfair as... taking jgw as being in any way representative of Spurs fans.

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
We hereby renounce jgw and the dumbass kid who made the Paterno comment.

Extra Stout
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
We hereby renounce jgw and the dumbass kid who made the Paterno comment.
The dumbass kid can be rehabilitated. Impromptu extemporaneous speaking can be difficult, especially for people with limited life experience.

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Taking jgw as being in any way representative of Aggies is about as unfair as... taking jgw as being in any way representative of Spurs fans.

Oh, I understand that.

As someone who has admired Joe Paterno since my childhood, however, I couldn't let any of this pass without a comment of my own.

Vinny Del Negro
12-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Sometimes I'm embarrassed they're from my state. No, wait, that's all the time. Fucking clowns.

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 11:43 AM
It was fairly embarrassing when Mack's retarded stepson ran out on the field last night.

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
The dumbass kid can be rehabilitated. Impromptu extemporaneous speaking can be difficult, especially for people with limited life experience.

Well, it's one thing making such comments in front of your own fans, quite another doing so at a joint bowl event with fans of the other school in attendance.

Stupid, but insiginificant in the grand scheme of things.

leemajors
12-28-2007, 11:58 AM
It was fairly embarrassing when Mack's retarded stepson ran out on the field last night.
i liked seeing mack shove him out of the way over and over though.

Mr Dio
12-28-2007, 12:04 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls07/news/story?id=3170814

Those would be the real Ags Mikey, not some wanna flip flopping fan wannbes.

Have to admit, by far the the best Ags I meet are in person. Some real good people & true Ag fans. :toast

Mr Dio
12-28-2007, 12:07 PM

...as the spotlight finds me in the crowd..... :lol

I'll admit it.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Have to admit, by far the the best Ags I meet are in person. Some real good people & true Ag fans. :toast

I would agree. Two of my oldest and closest friends are Aggie fans. About 95% of all Ags I have met are really cool.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
...as the spotlight finds me in the crowd..... :lol

I'll admit it.

Sometimes though...I can't blame you...especially when someone steals your wings! :lol

:toast

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Someone stole his wings at a game?

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
good job making fun of the people that last their lives and all the families that were affected.

classless

Thank you. That was my intended reaction. If I was going for classy on this one I would have joined every other person in the "that's horrible, how could that kid say that" discussion. Instead I wanted something a little different.

samikeyp
12-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Someone stole his wings at a game?

No, at Goombah's watching a Spurs game.

Big Zak jacked Dio's wings.

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
No, at Goombah's watching a Spurs game.

Big Zak jacked Dio's wings.

Hook Dem
12-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Typical arrogant asshole Aggie reaction!!!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Paterno responds:

http://www.ksat.com/video/14939810/detail.html

midgetonadonkey
12-28-2007, 04:56 PM
It was a shitty comment to make.

midgetonadonkey
12-28-2007, 04:56 PM
JGW you are a douche.

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
tantrumsaregood made a comment about young men who actually died in an unfortunate disaster. the A&M yell leader was making a joke that Paterno was old, he didn't make fun of him dying, and he doesn't want him to die....big difference. i watched the yell and there wasn't anything bad about...it was funny. you guys are being overly sensitive except tantrumsaregood, whom was out of line.

lol, renounced as an Aggie? :jack

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 07:01 PM
JGW you are a douche.

lol.

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
tantrumsaregood made a comment about young men who actually died in an unfortunate disaster. the A&M yell leader was making a joke that Paterno was old, he didn't make fun of him dying, and he doesn't want him to die....big difference. i watched the yell and there wasn't anything bad about...it was funny. you guys are being overly sensitive except tantrumsaregood, whom was out of line.

Since I can speak Aggie, the young man clearly encouraged the death and burial of Joe Paterno.

Now be gone, faux Ag.

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Since I can speak Aggie, the young man clearly encouraged the death and burial of Joe Paterno.

Now be gone, faux Ag.

no need, i'm a beacon of truth an light on this board....i think i'll stick around. also, you need to reconsult your decoder ring.

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 07:21 PM

So me saying aggies are as good at yelling as making bonfires (making no direct reference or slander to anyone) is worse than someone yelling that Paterno is soon to die and to get him a casket? Even your fellow ags realize how stupid you are

O-Factor
12-28-2007, 07:29 PM
That yell leader was classless and quite frankly stupid as fuck, much like 90% of the aggie fanbase

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 07:31 PM
So me saying aggies are as good at yelling as making bonfires (making no direct reference or slander to anyone) is worse than someone yelling that Paterno is soon to die and to get him a casket? Even your fellow ags realize how stupid you are

you can spin i however you want...you're ridiculous.

anyway, the yell leader was poking fun of Paterno's age and after this game he may want to pass on....so what. its no different than any other smack you sips would say at your trash fires or A&M would say at their other yells. once again, its media making a big deal of nothing. but i don't expect you to understand that....i don't expect you to understand much. carry on...

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
That yell leader was classless and quite frankly stupid as fuck, much like 90% of the aggie fanbase

now thats a whole other issue...should he have said it? probably not, i wouldn't have. A&M is in a vulnerable spot and Paterno is coaching his 500th game...not a good combo for the Aggs in the Alamo Bowl...especially since Penn State is good against the run. while i think yells are hilarious and most of the smack good, i might not have said much going into this game.

O-Factor
12-28-2007, 07:39 PM
What was classy was Paterno saying, the yell leader might be right. Cracking a joke about it was hilarious. He(Paterno) is from the oldschool. His feelings are not easily hurt. But Im sure his players will take exception to it...on the field.

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 07:42 PM
What was classy was Paterno saying, the yell leader might be right. Cracking a joke about it was hilarious. He(Paterno) is from the oldschool. His feelings are not easily hurt. But Im sure his players will take exception to it...on the field.

exactly! Paterno is not some new age pussy, like most of the media and some on this board. much ado about nothing...

Whisky Dog
12-28-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't care what some kid yells at a pep rally and I'm not offended by it in the least, but he probably should have watched what UT did to Carpenter from ASU after Carpenter ran his mouth. If the PSU players didn't have motivation to go for blood they do now.

johngateswhiteley
12-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I don't care what some kid yells at a pep rally and I'm not offended by it in the least, but he probably should have watched what UT did to Carpenter from ASU after Carpenter ran his mouth. If the PSU players didn't have motivation to go for blood they do now.

...i agree, completely. and A&M has had a tough enough time of winning bowl games as it is.

RonMexico
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Cemented the yell leaders' place as gigantic morons.

I'm glad the fans booed him when he said it.

JamStone
12-31-2007, 02:19 PM
tantrumsaregood made a comment about young men who actually died in an unfortunate disaster. the A&M yell leader was making a joke that Paterno was old, he didn't make fun of him dying, and he doesn't want him to die....big difference.

So what was the point in saying someone get him a casket? Old people who aren't dying lay down in a casket? He was absolutely making fun of him dying.

I agree that it isn't that big of a deal but don't say he was only making fun of his age when he clearly was also making fun of him dying soon. The "casket" comment absolutely implies that.

baseline bum
07-23-2012, 09:31 PM

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2012, 09:40 PM

Yep. Pwned.

Clipper Nation
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Joe Paterno has exemplified class for the entirety of his legendary career as a football coach.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

DesignatedT
07-23-2012, 10:25 PM

TE
07-24-2012, 08:29 AM

crofl

:rollin