View Full Version : The Miami Heat are last place in the East

Amuseddaysleeper
12-28-2007, 01:55 AM
2 years ago they won a championship

wtf happened?

Do they need to blow up the team again?

TheNextGen
12-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Wade is overated...cant even hit .500 with a team with Shaq in the east.

m33p0
12-28-2007, 02:10 AM
they sold everything to win a championship. now they're paying for it, with interest.

is it worth it? maybe, maybe not.

they do have 1 championship more than what the suns and the mavs have combined. :lol

AFBlue
12-28-2007, 02:30 AM
2 years ago they won a championship

wtf happened?

Do they need to blow up the team again?

They have nothing to "blow up". Shaq has two more years after this one at somewhere around $30M per year so he's untradeable, Williams is only good as an expiring contract, and the only young pieces they have are Wright and Cook....neither of which would get back a legitimate option alongside Wade.

Ricky Davis might be an attractive piece if he were locked up for a longer term because he's a good scorer on a somewhat reasonable contract....but he's a FA at the end of the year.

Lastly there is Haslem. While he's on a tradeable contract, I'm not sure that he brings back anything more significant than what he's worth to that team.

Bottom line: They gave Shaq two more years than they should have and there's almost no way they're gonna get themselves out of it.

They should have some cap space in the Summer of 2009 and how they spend it then will largely determine what Wade does in the following Summer.

JamStone
12-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Winning a championship is worth it when you look around the league and see how few teams have been able to do it since Michael Jordan retired. It was worth it. But, there's no question that they mortgaged long term success for a short window of title contention. And, no one can take away that 2006 championship. The do suffer the consequences now for giving up so much for that short term glory.

Shaq makes $20 million per year for the following two seasons after this one, not around $30 million. Still very steep, but still not $30 million.

I think we also see that Dwyane Wade cannot carry a bad team like Kobe or LeBron without an at least semi-effective Shaq. I know Wade is coming off some surgeries, but he is not and never was at the level of Kobe or LeBron. He's more on that second tier of star players with Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. Still very good. Still dynamic. Still can put up great numbers. But, it's clear he was never at the level of a Kobe Bryant.

Pat Riley cannot coach.

Shaq is done.

They cannot blow up the team because they don't have pieces to improve the team through trade and they don't have salary cap flexibility. Their best hope is to continue to suck and get a high lottery pick and get a player like Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose.

I say Wade bolts for Chicago in a couple years.

m33p0
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
its not so much as shaq's decline or wade's mortality as the only cause of this. its the players from that championship team that miami allowed to walk away. otherwise, their decline wouldn't be so sudden.

its like watching a 747 on a clear blue sky rocketing down to earth in flames with no superman in sight. we all know its going to be tragic and there's not a gaddamn thing we could do about it.

TDMVPDPOY
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
even if the refs try to get wade to the ft line more often, wont win them games

CavsSuperFan
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Shaq looks tired….Zo is on forced retirement…As Shaq goes so do the Heat……I think he has one more dominant playoff performance left in him…

LEONARD
12-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Shaq to the Mavs for KVH (& his contract)

bdubya
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
its like watching a 747 on a clear blue sky rocketing down to earth in flames with no superman in sight. we all know its going to be tragic and there's not a gaddamn thing we could do about it.

Sure there is: get a bag of marshmallows and a long fork. :hungry:

ludda
12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Does this mean that I don't have to keep watching those stupid Dwade commericals anymore! like that Gatorade one with those two talking heads! Or about being in Charles's favorite 5

ANYTHING to end those fag commercials. I used to like Wade when he singlehandedly (well with a little help from Salvatore) took down the Mavs. I still remember the hype over him after the finals when people were saying he surpassed Kobe and comparing him to MJ. HAHAHA. I agree, Wade is a 2nd tier player below Kobe and Lebron.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Miami = Worst champion in NBA history

Armando
12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
How bad are the Heat that even with Wade dropping 48 on Orlando they still lose. Maybe they should keep tanking games and position themselves for a high draft pick.

Armando
12-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Winning a championship is worth it when you look around the league and see how few teams have been able to do it since Michael Jordan retired. It was worth it. But, there's no question that they mortgaged long term success for a short window of title contention. And, no one can take away that 2006 championship. The do suffer the consequences now for giving up so much for that short term glory.

Shaq makes $20 million per year for the following two seasons after this one, not around $30 million. Still very steep, but still not $30 million.

I think we also see that Dwyane Wade cannot carry a bad team like Kobe or LeBron without an at least semi-effective Shaq. I know Wade is coming off some surgeries, but he is not and never was at the level of Kobe or LeBron. He's more on that second tier of star players with Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter. Still very good. Still dynamic. Still can put up great numbers. But, it's clear he was never at the level of a Kobe Bryant.

Pat Riley cannot coach.

Shaq is done.

They cannot blow up the team because they don't have pieces to improve the team through trade and they don't have salary cap flexibility. Their best hope is to continue to suck and get a high lottery pick and get a player like Michael Beasley or Derrick Rose.

I disagree with that. I think Wade is up there with KB24 and LeBron. KB and LeBron is just those rosters are better then the Heat. Kobe has Odom,Bynum and Fisher plus the bench for them is playing well. LeBron is not doing that much better then Wade. The Cavs are barely hanging on to the 8 seed in the East. Wade has an aging Shaq and Ricky Davis. Riley does need to do something in the offseason. Wade is not wasting his prime on a crabby Heat team.

Kriz-Maxima
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Kobe carried last years lakers with an injured Odom and Walton and a not yet developed Bynum to the playoffs in the western conference last year. They didnt have fisher yet either. Of course Kobe does such thing and he is a ballhog, Wade does it and he is an amazing superstar.

Armando
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Kobe carried last years lakers with an injured Odom and Walton and a not yet developed Bynum to the playoffs in the western conference last year. They didnt have fisher yet either. Of course Kobe does such thing and he is a ballhog, Wade does it and he is an amazing superstar.

Wade does it and he is an amazing superstar.

Again Ricky Davis

Vinnie_Johnson
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Can't find a Heat fan anywhere lol

PacerFan
12-29-2007, 11:54 PM
Where is flo rida? He sure was a lot better at talking trash than he is at eating crow.....

Flo-Rida
12-30-2007, 01:17 AM
naw im right here the heat are in last place but theres always a positive top ten pick in the draft thinking maybe roy hibbert or derrick Rose?? or maybe the heat will fuck it up and pat riley will trade his first round draft pick for steve francis or maybe he might even call up bill russel to save the day to tell u the truth i dont even give a flying fuck anymore because at the same time who are we its us the fans that suffer not not the miami heat yea theyll be pissed for a good 20 minutes but i bet u when they take that shower and leave they are in they are in there little ferrari or whatever the hell they have and party its us miami heat FANS that suffer through them with them

all in all fuck the heat this year i look forward to next year

Flo-Rida
12-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Wade is overated...cant even hit .500 with a team with Shaq in the east.
he is actually

Flo-Rida
12-30-2007, 01:22 AM

Pat Riley cannot coach.

Shaq is done.

1Bro thats an understatement he doesnt even TOUCH Lebron or kobe
2true pat riley sucks ass as a coach stan van gundy is laughin at his face
3true shaqs gone by next year

PacerFan
12-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Where exactly will Shaq be? I don't see teams lining up to take on his contract.

m33p0
12-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Sure there is: get a bag of marshmallows and a long fork. :hungry:

video cam. you forgot the video cam. :lol

jochhejaam
12-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Can't find a Heat fan anywhere lol
Not much trollin' going on when your 8-23.

Oh well, Miami fans still have their Dolphins to fall back on...

exstatic
12-30-2007, 09:53 AM
How bad are the Heat that even with Wade dropping 48 on Orlando they still lose. Maybe they should keep tanking games and position themselves for a high draft pick.
Can you explain why an 8-23 team needs to tank? You can pretty much stick a fork in them now, and color them high lottery.

Flo-Rida
12-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Where exactly will Shaq be? I don't see teams lining up to take on his contract.
i dont know but i dont want him no more the man is so damn clumsy