PDA

View Full Version : English Premier League 2007-2008



Evan
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Thoughts on the season so far?

Sadly I have had to miss so much of it thanks to Setanta taking over and going with DirectTV. Fox Soccer Channel is pathetic. I find myself following "Match Cast" at work just to keep up.

As a Manchester United supporter I am becoming very worried about Rooney staying healthy and all else I can say is...

Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo

wow! :clap

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 12:50 PM
At least Fox gives you 3 or 4 matches a weekend.

Evan
12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
At least Fox gives you 3 or 4 matches a weekend.

Not good enough.

Its like trying to follow the NFL season by just seeing what the NFL network gives us.

Thankfully Setanta may be a sports tier by next year on most cable systems.

Holt's Cat
12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
That's what the internets are for. Sky News is carried on Fox if I'm not mistaken.

By no means am I claiming that Fox offers comprehensive Premiership coverage, but that you can't exactly expect the channel to do so.

Evan
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
That's what the internets are for. Sky News is carried on Fox if I'm not mistaken.

By no means am I claiming that Fox offers comprehensive Premiership coverage, but that you can't exactly expect the channel to do so.

Yes, SN is on FSC.

But just to be clear my main issue is with Setanta taking over and not handling the cable aspect of it correctly.

Evan
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
By the way...here is the FSC broadcast schedule. This is pathetic.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8897561

makedamnsure
12-28-2007, 07:23 PM
This season has made me resort to watching streams since Arsenal picked up a deal with Setanta so now I get to see less and less Arsenal matches.

FSC does very well though with what it broadcasts. They are the reason I survive.

SAtown
12-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Terrible non-call on the offsides by Kalou. Big teams get big breaks I guess

Evan
12-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Agreed.

And indeed they do.

Soul_Patch
12-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Ive missed quite a bit of actual matches, due to the fact my wife changed our cable around, and i dont even get fox soccer channel anymore.

What i have been following is mostly online and recaps.

I too worry about rooney, he is sort of the grant hill of the EPL it seems.

makedamnsure
12-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Terrible non-call on the offsides by Kalou. Big teams get big breaks I guess

especially Chelsea at home. kinda like how ManYoo get at least a penalty a game at Old Trafford.

but who cares cause we're top of the league???

Fergussonnnn, are ya listening?
can ya keep our trophy glistening?
we'll come back in May
to take it away
walking in a Wenger wonderland
:]

resistanze
12-30-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm happy Arsenal is finishing the year on top, hopefully Van Persie will give them a boost in the new year to keep pace with Man U. Most of their games are on Sentanta and I'm not playing fucking 15 bucks a month for one channel.

If you think FSC is bad, FSC Canada is worse. On boxing day the Arsenal match advertised wasn't even showed in Canada. Half of the matches advertised for FSC don't broadcast in FSC Canada and instead, they play some old Serie A match. :pctoss

Most of the upcoming Champion League matches involving English teams look good as well:

Arsenal v. Milan
Liverpool v. Inter
Man U v. Lyon

makedamnsure
12-31-2007, 03:17 AM
I have no idea why they play Italian games when no one cares about them.

Evan
12-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah or French league...

I understand that FSC is only drawing from a limited pool of options game wise but geez...

SAtown
12-31-2007, 02:57 PM
I care about the Serie A (which makes me part of the minority), but it's so predictable and very boring most of the time. A hyped up Milan v Juventus match could very well end up 0-0 about 90% of the time. Italian teams play much better in the Champions League

I'd rather watch any EPL game than watch a Serie A game. GOLtv also has good matches on, especially the German Bundesliga. It's too bad their commentators are the worst I've ever heard on any channel.

makedamnsure
12-31-2007, 06:28 PM
EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, and then it's a throw up between the french league and the Italians

and even in the CL, only AC Milan show up to play.

SAtown
02-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Chelsea v Liverpool playing right now. Both teams look like they forgot how to play football.

Evan
02-10-2008, 01:25 PM
That was ugly....

resistanze
02-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Damn, Man U were regulated today. Hopefully the Gunners can open a 5 point lead tomorrow.

Duncan21
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
If Torres didn't get injured for Spain i think Liverpool would have won that, there was a good few chance which Torres would of put away.

makedamnsure
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Damn, Man U were regulated today. Hopefully the Gunners can open a 5 point lead tomorrow.

Bet on it. We're down to the bones but there's no way we let a chance to go 5 pts clear go by us.

Evan
02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Bet on it. We're down to the bones but there's no way we let a chance to go 5 pts clear go by us.

Still have a ways to go but today was the best result the Gunners could have asked for.

Here's to SAF having a few tricks up his sleeve :toast