PDA

View Full Version : Question for Spur fans reguarding the salary cap

PacerFan
12-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I have been trolling this forum for a while and have been impressed with the knowledge a lot of you have. I give you guys majro props for being as informed as you are.

I have noticed there has been a lot of talk about players being released/signed and the salary cap has been brought up frequently. Is Holt afraid to go too far over the cap and pay the luxury tax? I realize the Spurs are right about at the Cap right now, but has it always been this way?

E20
12-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Holt is a cheap ass mother. He would double think about the cost to save his life.

Kori Ellis
12-28-2007, 03:41 PM
The Spurs have the 11th highest payroll in the league. The Spurs are over the salary cap and have been for several years. So Holt is not cheap at all. However, like all the owners he is trying to avoid paying the luxury tax on players that aren't worth it. If he can cut a DLeaguer to avoid taking a $3 Million hit, he will.

ChumpDumper
12-28-2007, 03:41 PM
The Spurs have been over tax threshold the past two seasons. They are close enough now that a minimum-salary player could conceivably cost them several million dollars. I don't think it's fear so much as sound business.

ShoogarBear
12-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Scola thread!

PacerFan
12-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Gotcha, thanks for the info. The way The Spurs manage their cap makes their success that much more impressive.