PDA

View Full Version : D-Wash out/ Beno?????

gamuza
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I’m sure Pop is wishing to go back into time and never trade Beno.. D-Wash out, JV is a waste of time, Barry injured. Just one overrated PG .. not good for a team wanting to repeat. Pup is not that smart after all :wakeup

ChumpDumper
12-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Scola thread!

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Scola thread!

Beno thread!

midgetonadonkey
12-28-2007, 05:01 PM
James White?

ChumpDumper
12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Beno thread!Let me get this straight. rocketfan is starting superfluous threads whining about the Spurs' point guard situation?

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:03 PM
James White?

O yea :)

Mr. Body
12-28-2007, 05:04 PM
James White would be the best PG on Houston's squad if they signed him right now.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Let me get this straight. rocketfan is starting superfluous threads whining about the Spurs' point guard situation?
I’m just trying to wake you up … Spurs are just lucky to have TD . coach stuff, and management just suck.

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I’m just trying to wake you up … Spurs are just lucky to have TD . coach stuff, and management just suck.

And I guess Rockets fan would know best (from their own experiences) about the pitfalls of poor management.

With that, I'll now start to get ready for tonight's game -- I can console myself about the problems of poor management by reveling in those 4 flags flying in the rafters of the AT&T Center and the knowledge that the Spurs are still in first place.

This "poor Spurs management" thing has been a constant refrain throughout the Spurs' NBA existence -- an existence in which they have the 2nd best winning percentage in NBA history, the 2nd most playoff wins since the merger, the 4th best playoff winning percentage since the merger, and the 3rd most titles since the merger. Poor Spurs fans and those difficult 30 years or so of NBA existence.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:13 PM
And I guess Rockets fan would know best (from their own experiences) about the pitfalls of poor management.

:p: Right on my friend, that’s probably why now we do business with the spurs, is a win/win situation :smokin

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:16 PM
:p: Right on my friend, that’s probably why now we do business with the spurs, is a win/win situation :smokin

I could see how being closer to Memphis than to San Antonio in the standings might be seen as a win in Rocketsland.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:17 PM
This "poor Spurs management" thing has been a constant refrain throughout the Spurs' NBA existence -- an existence in which they have the 2nd best winning percentage in NBA history, the 2nd most playoff wins since the merger, the 4th best playoff winning percentage since the merger, and the 3rd most titles since the merger. Poor Spurs fans and those difficult 30 years or so of NBA existence.

Once again ...(it looks like you guys just don’t get it) spurs success is directly related to Tim Duncan nothing else. Take the boring guy out and what you get???? 0 flags. :smokin

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Once again ...(it looks like you guys just don’t get it) spurs success is directly related to Tim Duncan nothing else. Take the boring guy out and what you get???? 0 flags. :smokin

A history that rivals the Rockets without Hakeem, I guess.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:19 PM
I could see how being closer to Memphis than to San Antonio in the standings might be seen as a win in Rocketsland.

Still december. :sleep

Mr. Body
Put Tim Duncan on a team with a lousy general management and you don't get any rings.

Mr.Bottomtooth

Really? I almost forgot Duncan won the most recent Finals MVP.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:20 PM
A history that rivals the Rockets without Hakeem, I guess.

Does it validate my point??

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Does it validate my point??

Which point? The one that says that teams need superstars, generally, to win titles? Sure.

Of course, there's a point to this notion of sustaining excellence over a very long period of time and for all of your suggestions to the contrary, the record shows that the Spurs have successfully flipped their roster at least 2 times during the Duncan era and have, in each effort, surrounded him with players who could contribute to championships. There are no titles without Duncan, but Duncan might not have 4 titles without management doing the right things to continuously rebuild a contender.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Really? I almost forgot Duncan won the most recent Finals MVP.
:rolleyes , well that was a present to Toy Parker from Cavs coaching putting a rockie called Gibson to guard him while Larry H was injured. Bottom-line… means nothing :wakeup

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-28-2007, 05:28 PM
:rolleyes , well that was a present to Toy Parker from Cavs coaching putting a rockie called Gibson to guard him while Larry H was injured. Bottom-line… means nothing :wakeup
So his stats meant nothing. Even though he was leading us throughout the Finals, was clutch for us in the final 2 games, and was given his credit with an MVP, his stats meant nothing because injury contagious Hughes wasn't playing as usual. Gotcha :tu.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Which point? The one that says that teams need superstars, generally, to win titles? Sure.

Of course, there's a point to this notion of sustaining excellence over a very long period of time and for all of your suggestions to the contrary, the record shows that the Spurs have successfully flipped their roster at least 2 times during the Duncan era and have, in each effort, surrounded him with players who could contribute to championships. There are no titles without Duncan, but Duncan might not have 4 titles without management doing the right things to continuously rebuild a contender.

You gotto be honest with yourself last few moves revealed uncommon sense…Beno can play. Scola can play and so on... to me even DWash can play.

gamuza
12-28-2007, 05:37 PM
So his stats meant nothing. Even though he was leading us throughout the Finals, was clutch for us in the final 2 games, and was given his credit with an MVP, his stats meant nothing because injury contagious Hughes wasn't playing as usual. Gotcha :tu.

:lmao As usual you’re a homer wake up kid Tony=Eva=TV=Money. As a real B-Ball player= overrated… just look at the all-star partial numbers .. not even a shitty mvp award put him above JTerry. :wakeup

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
You gotto be honest with yourself last few moves revealed uncommon sense…Beno can play. Scola can play and so on... to me even DWash can play.

This, of course, explains why you're spending your time on an internet message board and not making decisions for NBA clubs.

FromWayDowntown
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
:lmao As usual you’re a homer wake up kid Tony=Eva=TV=Money. As a real B-Ball player= overrated… just look at the all-star partial numbers .. not even a shitty mvp award put him above JTerry. :wakeup

Because everyone with half a brain knows that All-Star votes are determinative of player quality -- there is no better measure. I mean, we all know that Luis Scola > Kevin Durant.

Say what you will, but as a basketball player, Tony Parker has twice been elected by Western Conference coaches to play in the All-Star game and has been a substantial contributor to 3 title winners while making himself the MVP of the 3rd of those teams.

And LOL at any Spur = TV. Ask da_suns_fan__ about the Spurs ratings.

romain.star
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM

So according to you, TP is an overrated player because he doesn't get as many votes from the fans as JTerry?

:dizzy

Whisky Dog
12-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Wait, this is the 15th roster spot taking kid who got sent down to the D-Leagues and has not even been with the Spurs for a while that we're talking about, right?

The Spurs management sucks because D-Wash-ed out? Is that really the point of this guy's argument?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
:lmao As usual you’re a homer wake up kid Tony=Eva=TV=Money. As a real B-Ball player= overrated…

You're right. A guy who is averaging 20pts and 6.7 assists is extremely overrated just because he won an MVP and has a hot wife.

just look at the all-star partial numbers .. not even a shitty mvp award put him above JTerry. :wakeup

Chris Paul is also behind Terry. Is he overrated as well?

Spurminator
12-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I don't understand, are we supposed to feel bad about having Tim Duncan?

Mister Sinister
12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't understand, are we supposed to feel bad about having Tim Duncan?
No, we're supposed to feel bad because the OP is a dumbass.

phxspurfan
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Beno is not coming back.

Dre_7
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Four words: Skip to my Lou! LOLOLOLOL

gamuza
12-28-2007, 11:04 PM
You're right. A guy who is averaging 20pts and 6.7 assists is extremely overrated just because he won an MVP and has a hot wife.

Chris Paul is also behind Terry. Is he overrated as well?

Great game had your boy :rolleyes

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:24 AM
God, now we have Rocket fan thnking hes hot shit?

god..

slayermin
12-29-2007, 01:32 AM
:lol

How did I miss this thread?

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 01:40 AM
God, now we have Rocket fan thnking hes hot shit?

god..

Don't worry about it, he doesn't post here anymore. I couldn't handle reading his stupidity about how Tim hates Manu and how Tim's ego was destroyed by Manu scoring 37, Eva+Tony trash, blahblahblah.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:41 AM

You have too much shit to deal with, on top of whackos like this trolling the internets.

Good to hear.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 01:43 AM

You have too much shit to deal with, on top of whackos like this trolling the internets.

Good to hear.

His PM to me was hysterical though. :lol

One day, I'm going to start a "Kori's Private Messages" forum and it's going to be the hit of SpursTalk. :)

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:47 AM
One day, I'm going to start a "Kori's Private Messages" forum and it's going to be the hit of SpursTalk

Shoot, I think were just hoping for a thread..

SAGambler
12-29-2007, 10:24 AM

Because AS balloting is nothing more than a popularity contest. And it's not even a one person=one vote popularity contest.

Now ask the coaches who the REAL All Stars are. Bet you find Tony near the top of the list then.

remingtonbo2001
12-30-2007, 12:18 AM

Let me guess... You got coal for christmas!

And since you have nothing better, or more productive to do your time, you come and spread your christmas cheer over here....

:rolleyes