PDA

View Full Version : Game Thoughts

SequSpur
12-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I am not going to sugar coat this bullshit.

Jacque Vaughn fucking sucks.

Also Matt Bonner is stupid. Yeah, he can hit a wide open 3, hustle his ass off and get a few rebounds, but he is just fucking stupid.

Elson is a waste of one dollar, I don't think I need to explain.

Robert Horry is just taking up space and hasn't done shit yet.

Ever since Tony Parker got dinged for some french hoe, he can't hit a wide open jumper and he just doesn't look right.

Darius Washington played his ass off, and got waived for no reason.

Williams blows.

Finley shoots to many 3s. The whole fucking team shoots to many 3s.

Tim Duncan is getting used cause he has no fucking help.

Oberto is solid, but that ain't very much.

This new kid that played tonight was fucking scared to play against the Raptors.... NEXT!

Bowen is the only bright player on the whole fucking team right now and maybe Udoka.

But back to Vaughn, Elson and Bonner.... I know... I know... same ol sequ take... but I don't give a shit... these guys fucking ain't worth a shit.

Out.

whottt
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Too much profanity in your post.

SequSpur
12-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Too much profanity in your post.

yeah... you're probably right...

Ice009
12-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I would have preferred Vaughn over TP in the 4th tonight. Vaughn didn't turn the ball over a million times and miss a million free throws ;) Vaughn also played tough defense at the end of the 3rd quarter when we made our comeback. Bonner played a decent game too.

Elson though I have no idea what the guy is doing. Does he have a lower BBall IQ than Nazr?

mikeanthony21
12-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Also Matt Bonner is stupid. Yeah, he can hit a wide open 3, hustle his ass off and get a few rebounds, but he is just fucking stupid.

Ever since Tony Parker got dinged for some french hoe, he can't hit a wide open jumper and he just doesn't look right.

Williams blows.

This new kid that played tonight was fucking scared to play against the Raptors.... NEXT!

Bowen is the only bright player on the whole fucking team right now and maybe Udoka.

But back to Vaughn, Elson and Bonner.... I know... I know... same ol sequ take... but I don't give a shit... these guys fucking ain't worth a shit.

Out.

I retract my earlier post calling you the ultimate minimalist.

BeerIsGood!
12-28-2007, 11:53 PM

You don't say.

Bowen is the only bright player on the whole fucking team right now

Bowen was a team worst -21 tonight. Bonner was a +10. Do the math before your game thoughts.

Budkin
12-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Bonner actually had a good outing tonight... he should have played more in the 4th. This is just one of those games the Spurs have every year. Remember losing to Charlotte at home last year?

SenorSpur
12-28-2007, 11:59 PM
Tonight, the whole team SUCKED - even the coaches!

Thompson
12-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I would agree with many of your comments to a lesser degree for tonight, at least, except that I disagree about Bonner.

If you look at the box score, he was the only Spur with a +/- positive score (+10), not counting Langford, who only played 4 minutes.

What do you mean he's 'stupid?' I think you have some sort of bizarre fixation on Bonner; you criticized him after his 24 point 17 rebound performance, and when you can't think of something specific to point out, you throw out terms like 'stupid.'

Unless Bonner slipped you a spiked drink and had his way with you, I'm having trouble understanding your antipathy. I get the feeling Bonner could win the finals MVP after averaging 20 points, 18 rebounds and 10 blocks, and you'd still complain he wasn't worth 100 grand. Why don't you tell us what you expect from a $3 million dollar role player (be realistic) and we'll see how Bonner compares to your expectations in the future. And if he does measure up, please give him the credit he deserves.

BonnerDynasty
12-29-2007, 12:06 AM

Williams blows.

Out.

You're an idiot.

Vaughn is playing nice tight defense. Your lame old Bonner hate is getting old. Sure he is slow on defensive rotations and some of his shots are horrid but he is giving a solid performance.

Duncan Horry Bowen Udoka Vaughn is a fucking lock down.

angel_luv
12-29-2007, 12:06 AM
This was a rough game for me.

It makes me appreciate how perfect my experience at the Spurs/ Raptors game was last year.

I waited the whole game for Rasho to come into it and it never happened.
In a way I understand that Coach Mitchell had his game plan. But I wish he had at least started Sho so the crowd could have greeted him.

I was so torn throughout the game- was distracted and impatient waiting for Sho, was very proud of my Raps, and felt very guilty for not rallying more around the Spurs, especially at the end when they were so frustrated.

I stayed after the game and got to see Sho- still from a distance though.
He came out to visit with the family I had met waiting around for him and Uros last year.
I actually ran into the family in the parking lot- sort of a fun coincidence.

Sho after the game looked just the same as last year. I believe was even wearing the same jacket. :lol

Basketball wise:
The Raps started out rough but I was very proud of them once they got their game on.
I like the additions of Kapono and Delfino.
Calderon was just awesome.
A.B. frustrated me at times ( granted a lot of this stemmed from him being in the game instead of Sho) but had some good moments.
Humphries did well. So did Parker. Nice team effort, really.

The crowd chanting at the ref was awesome.
This game was way more dramatic than I expected.

For the Spurs, Finley was most impressive to me.
This was a night when we really missed Gino.

Anyway, strange night.

Medvedenko
12-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Tell me how you really feel SS..... :)

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 12:13 AM
You don't say.

Bowen was a team worst -21 tonight. Bonner was a +10. Do the math before your game thoughts.

Plus/Minus doesn't mean much in this game. Tony was horrible for most of the game and had the highest +/- for the majority of the game. Sometimes people are just lucky to be on the floor when everyone else is doing good, or unlucky to be on it when everyone else is sucking.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 12:15 AM
This was a rough game for me.

It makes me appreciate how perfect my experience at the Spurs/ Raptors game was last year.

I waited the whole game for Rasho to come into it and it never happened.
In a way I understand that Coach Mitchell had his game plan. But I wish he had at least started Sho so the crowd could have greeted him.

I was so torn throughout the game- was distracted and impatient waiting for Sho, was very proud of my Raps, and felt very guilty for not rallying more around the Spurs, especially at the end when they were so frustrated.

I stayed after the game and got to see Sho- still from a distance though.
He came out to visit with the family I had met waiting around for him and Uros last year.
I actually ran into the family in the parking lot- sort of a fun coincidence.

Sho after the game looked just the same as last year. I believe was even wearing the same jacket. :lol

Basketball wise:
The Raps started out rough but I was very proud of them once they got their game on.
I like the additions of Kapono and Delfino.
Calderon was just awesome.
A.B. frustrated me at times ( granted a lot of this stemmed from him being in the game instead of Sho) but had some good moments.
Humphries did well. So did Parker. Nice team effort, really.

The crowd chanting at the ref was awesome.
This game was way more dramatic than I expected.

For the Spurs, Finley was most impressive to me.
This was a night when we really missed Gino.

Anyway, strange night.

You must have really been distracted because Calderon and A. Parker weren't very good. Really none of the Raptors were very good. They just sucked less than the Spurs sucked.

BeerIsGood!
12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Plus/Minus doesn't mean much in this game. Tony was horrible for most of the game and had the highest +/- for the majority of the game. Sometimes people are just lucky to be on the floor when everyone else is doing good, or unlucky to be on it when everyone else is sucking.

Bonner's +/- was pretty indicative of the way he played and the energy he brought to the game.

Bowen's +/- is less indicative of his overall performance, but he had anything but a stellar game.

lefty
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Somewhere, Angel Luv is celebrating :santahat :santahat :santahat

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Bowen's +/- is less indicative of his overall performance, but he had anything but a stellar game.

I didn't say he had a stellar game, but he didn't have the worst game of any of the Spurs, which is what you insinuated in your previous post.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 12:19 AM

Why would she celebrate Rasho being so bad that he doesn't play anymore?

angel_luv
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
You must have really been distracted because Calderon and A. Parker weren't very good. Really none of the Raptors were very good. They just sucked less than the Spurs sucked.

Calderon had 14 points 7 rebounds and 5 assists and a steal- not too shabby if you ask me.

I mistyped about Parker. I meant Humphries. I called him the wrong name all night. :oops

I know the Spurs had an off night and if Gino were in the game that would have all but guaranteed a Spurs victory.

Even so, I liked the team work and decision making ( for the most part) of the Raptors.
They're an up and coming team and they earned the W tonight.
And good for them.

BeerIsGood!
12-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I didn't say he had a stellar game, but he didn't have the worst game of any of the Spurs, which is what you insinuated in your previous post.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that he was the worst Spur on the floor, just that the OP's belief that Bowen was the bright spot in the game was obviously flawed. Bowen usually doesn't have that bad of a +/- if he is on his game defensively. That said, he was subpar for his usual standards as just about every Spurs player was tonight.

angel_luv
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM

Yes, in the Raptors thread. :)

duncan228
Why would she celebrate Rasho being so bad that he doesn't play anymore?

I get the feeling that just being in the same building with him was good for her.
I'm sure she would have liked to see him play, but she seemed happy just to see him.

Kori Ellis
Calderon had 14 points 7 rebounds and 5 assists and a steal- not too shabby if you ask me.

As you know, stats aren't everything. He looked pretty crappy for most of the night.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2007, 01:17 AM
My game thoughts:

-You could tell this was going to happen from the first minute of the game. Just go back and look at the first moments live play action. Raptors are hustling and jumping around like pogo sticks, Spurs are standing around like they're befuddled that the other team is trying hard. Even though the Spurs got the early lead, I didn't like the vibe.

-Pop was shorthanded, but even so: you're shooting 25% for the game and decide to send out a lineup of Vaughn, Udoka, Oberto, Bowen, and Finley? You think that's going to ratchet up the FGs?

-He didn't decide the game, but Bob Delaney was in rahr form tonight.

-Spurs suck in winter. Enough of the game.

-On the positive side, I'm 3 for 3 on the dot races in this home stand.

-So they got rid of "Y'all Ready For This?" and replaced it with . . . what? Some instantly forgettable nonsense. I've heard it three times now and don't know what it is.

-The friggin Coyote is on the fix. In five years he's shot that cannon towards the players' side of the stadium maybe five times. Screw you, Reggie.

-Yahoo lists Darius Washington as a DNP-CD for tonight's. Maybe they meant DNP-GTFO.

pjjrfan
12-29-2007, 01:21 AM
The Raptors scored 83 pts. The Spurs just couldn't score. A bad shooting night to go along with a lackluster effort in the 1st half and just some dumb dumb play by the whole team, although, I thought Bonner was excellent and owned the glass, his shot also wasn't falling but at least he played hard and gave us chances. Without Barry and Manu our bench will suffer and if our starters don't show up like they did tonight, this will happen again.

slayermin
12-29-2007, 01:26 AM
-Yahoo lists Darius Washington as a DNP-CD for tonight's. Maybe they meant DNP-GTFO.

:lol I just spit some beer on my keyboard.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Sequ with more meaningless baseles drivel

ploto
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Well, I was right on a few things- mostly Kapono and the need to get him touches. The Spurs made their run when Humphries turned into a black hole and Toronto pulled back ahead when Kapono got the ball-- 10 points in the fourth quarter. Delfino also was good defensively. Moon had a few athletic plays, especially the one in the second quarter when he grabbed a rebound over Finley's head.

Say what you want, when a team turns the ball over and shoots as poorly as the Spurs did, you have to give a depleted Raptors team some credit. Spurs had 19 turnovers to the Raptors only having 7. You can say Calderon struggled defensively at times, but he had a better game than Tony Parker-- on all counts. Andrea didn't "let me down"-- 3 rebounds in 34 minutes. Humps with the double double. Dixon still shoots way too much.

As to the Spurs- the bench is nothing without Manu and a little bit of Brent, too. Shot 4-22.

I know I will make people mad but I am proud of the Raptors- they are a young team and could have gotten flustered late in the third quarter when the game got tight- but it was actually the Spurs who looked flustered in the fourth quarter. It was also interesting to hear a bunch of Spurs fans whine that the Raptors were playing too physical.

As to Rasho, normally he would have come in the second quarter when Bosh came out but the game went small then- yet again- and he never got the chance, but tomorrow is Yao, and I know I will get to see him play then.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:30 AM
It was also interesting to hear a bunch of Spurs fans whine that the Raptors were playing too physical.

Uh no, that would be called, Duncan getting the shit beat out of him without any foul calls.

But as usual, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground so this is nothing new.

As to Rasho, normally he would have come in the second quarter when Bosh came out but the game went small then- yet again- and he never got the chance, but tomorrow is Yao, and I know I will get to see him play then.

12th man on the raptors.

Nice trade Colangelo :lmao

Whisky Dog
12-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Well, I was right on a few things- mostly Kapono and the need to get him touches. The Spurs made their run when Humphries turned into a black hole and Toronto pulled back ahead when Kapono got the ball-- 10 points in the fourth quarter. Delfino also was good defensively. Moon had a few athletic plays, especially the one in the second quarter when he grabbed a rebound over Finley's head.

Say what you want, when a team turns the ball over and shoots as poorly as the Spurs did, you have to give a depleted Raptors team some credit. Spurs had 19 turnovers to the Raptors only having 7. You can say Calderon struggled defensively at times, but he had a better game than Tony Parker-- on all counts. Andrea didn't "let me down"-- 3 rebounds in 34 minutes. Humps with the double double. Dixon still shoots way too much.

As to the Spurs- the bench is nothing without Manu and a little bit of Brent, too. Shot 4-22.

I know I will make people mad but I am proud of the Raptors- they are a young team and could have gotten flustered late in the third quarter when the game got tight- but it was actually the Spurs who looked flustered in the fourth quarter. It was also interesting to hear a bunch of Spurs fans whine that the Raptors were playing too physical.

I don't know why that would make anyone mad, on this night the Raptors came in and took it to the Spurs and commanded the game from the 2nd quarter on. Good showing and a good effort for the TJ Ford-less Raptors.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 01:33 AM

Didn't he DNP-CD last game too? Is he just a situational matchup player now? They gotta hate paying $8M for a guy that will only play against Yao, Shaq and a couple other slow centers.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
They gotta hate paying $8M for a guy that will only play against Yao, Shaq and a couple other slow centers.

Who was it that voted Colangelo for GM of the year last year and this past offseason? :lmao

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
-So they got rid of "Y'all Ready For This?" and replaced it with . . . what? Some instantly forgettable nonsense. I've heard it three times now and don't know what it is.

I have heard it a lot more times than that and I don't know what it is. I couldn't even tell you if it's the same song every game :lol

-The friggin Coyote is on the fix. In five years he's shot that cannon towards the players' side of the stadium maybe five times. Screw you, Reggie.

Is he allowed to shoot on that side behind the Spurs bench?

:lmao

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Is he allowed to shoot on that side behind the Spurs bench?

One time he shot twords the bench and nailed Budenholzer.

The cannon was mysteriously missing for a few games after that.

debo
12-29-2007, 01:44 AM
the spurs sucked on offense tonight. As far as im concerned the defense was decent, the hustle was there, we just straight up couldn't hit a shot, and it looks as though the league finally got a tip the tony travels or carries every other possession. Also he had some horrible passes that made me induce vomiting because i had such a god awful taste in my mouth. However i do not think this loss is cause for concern by any means. every team sucks once and while.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2007, 01:45 AM
One time he shot twords the bench and nailed Budenholzer.

The cannon was mysteriously missing for a few games after that.:rollin

He's definitely shot the cannon to the bench side. It's just that the split is something like 4-to-1 against. If they plotted his shot chart, 75% of his shots are probably in the same 3-4 sections.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, the Coyote is given a designated no fly zone.

The bench is that area.

The starting intro is growing on me.

I wish there was more bass to it, and more beat so it can get the crowd clapping to it.

ALA Portland's.

ploto
12-29-2007, 01:53 AM
Didn't he DNP-CD last game too? Is he just a situational matchup player now? They gotta hate paying $8M for a guy that will only play against Yao, Shaq and a couple other slow centers.
Rasho started after the fifth game of the season- then he got hurt- then he started when he came back until 2 games ago. Raptors went 10-7 with him in the starting line-up. He played an amazing game against Kaman just last week. Rasho did not lose the starting job because he was playing poorly. The powers that be put pressure to move Bargnani into the starting line-up and give him the minutes no matter what becasue he was sucking so bad off the bench. So now Rasho went in one day from the starter to the guy who will come off the bench situationally. I do not think they are mad about paying his salary for that because Rasho has been very valuable for the team. He came in and started when they were struggling and helped them get back on track. The young guys learn alot from him. But we all know, he is not really an off-the-bench energy guy. His greatest value lies in guarding the opponent's best big man. Overall, the Raptors have opted to develop younger players even at the expense of some regular season losses. I know many Raptors fans who think Rasho in the unsung hero on the team. Some fans in this thread are showing their lack of knowledge about the Raptors.

Bustnani doesn't even try when he's coming off the bench because he knows that the result will be that he'll be put back into the starting lineup. There's no way the Raptors will give Bustnani a string of DNP-CD's so the only way Bustnani doesn't become the starter is if he plays well off the bench ... which he made sure wasn't going to happen.

Anyways, in terms of winning regular season games Rasho >>>>>>>> Bustnani. Bustnani is a player who could score 30 against the Spurs tonight but then go two weeks before having another good game. Rasho will bring it every night and has always been a good regular season player. Compared to Bustnani, Rasho could help the Raptors win 5 to 7 additional games.

I think Mitchell's hands are tied in this situation. He tried to give Bustnani tough love but all it did was make Bustnani suck even more. Management has too much invested in Bustnani to let him rot away on the bench so I'm sure they prodded Mitchell into giving him the starting job. Bosh is a perimeter power forward and Bustnani is basically just a giant shooting guard. Without Rasho in the starting lineup, the closest thing they have to a center is Jamario Moon.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Some fans in this thread are showing their lack of caring about the Raptors.Fixed.

T Park
12-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Some fans in this thread are showing their lack of knowledge about the Raptors.

What can I say.

We couldn't give two shits about mediocre eastern conference teams that are managed so horribly.

Kori Ellis
12-29-2007, 01:56 AM
Rasho started after the fifth game of the season- then he got hurt- then he started when he came back until 2 games ago. Raptors went 10-7 with him in the starting line-up. He played an amazing game against Kaman just last week. Rasho did not lose the starting job because he was playing poorly. The powers that be put pressure to move Bargnani into the starting line-up and give him the minutes no matter what becasue he was sucking so bad off the bench. So now Rasho went in one day from the starter to the guy who will come off the bench situationally. I do not think they are mad about paying his salary for that because Rasho has been very valuable for the team. He came in and started when they were struggling and helped them get back on track. The young guys learn alot from him. But we all know, he is not really an off-the-bench energy guy. His greatest value lies in guarding the opponent's best big man. Overall, the Raptors have opted to develop younger players even at the expense of some regular season losses. I know many Raptors fans who think Rasho in the unsung hero on the team. Some fans in this thread are showing their lack of knowledge about the Raptors.

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't get at all how (or why) they are handling him like they are. I doubt they'll give Bargnani a charity start all season, so maybe they give Rasho his spot back eventually.

ploto
12-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't get at all how (or why) they are handling him like they are. I doubt they'll give Bargnani a charity start all season, so maybe they give Rasho his spot back eventually.

Rasho Nesterovic is out as the starting center, as head coach Sam Mitchell replaces the veteran with what the team consider's to be it's future, Andrea Bargnani.

"Rasho did what we needed him to do," explained Mitchell. "We're 15-14 but for us to continue to do what we've got to do, to grow as a team, we all believe that Andrea's got to be the starting center."

Mitchell would put no time frame on Bargnani's run as a starter, nor does it look like he has any intention of doing anything other than letting the former No. 1 pick develop by playing the game.

Ready or not.

"When do I think he's ready? Well, it's like asking somebody if they're ready to get married," quipped Mitchell. "Are you ever really quite ready? No, there's never a perfect time. But ... you do it. And I just look at our schedule and the teams we have to play -- how tough they are, we have to do this.

"My intention from this time on is for him to be the starting center. Of course, a lot of that depends on him. But I'm not going to be short-sighted in this. We're gonna give him the time we feel he needs. At some point, we had to go down this road. It's always been our vision that Chris (Bosh) and Andrea play together. They cause match-up problems. Their uniqueness lets us go inside-outside.

"How he's been playing coming off the bench, now is the right time."

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Blogs/CourtsideBlog.asp?GAME_ID=21362&LEAGUE_CODE=NBA

Sam also made comments about how there are some things you can only learn playing and not in practice.

timvp
12-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Their uniqueness lets us go inside-outside. Inside to who? Bosh is like a poor man's Kevin Garnett ... but even a bit more perimeter oriented. I'm guessing he means penetration and kick.

How he's been playing coming off the bench, now is the right time.:lmao

Bargnani got his way. He sucked so bad on the bench that he forced Mitchell's hand. Bargnani threw the NBA's version of a tantrum and got rewarded. Probably not the best precedence to set for a team.

J.T.
12-29-2007, 02:14 AM

I actually caught one of those in the 5th row once. In the words of SpursDynasty, it was a fluke.

timvp
12-29-2007, 02:20 AM
In my history of season tickets, only twice has me or the person sitting with me caught a t-shirt from the coyote.

Game 6 of the 2005 Finals and Game 7 of the 2005 Finals :dizzy

J.T.
12-29-2007, 02:25 AM
In my history of season tickets, only twice has me or the person sitting with me caught a t-shirt from the coyote.

That's some Twlight Zone stuff right there.

mrsmaalox
12-29-2007, 02:26 AM

I caught one sec 102 row 20 last season.

SequSpur
12-29-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm so sick and tired of you pop cunts coming up with sorry ass excuses for a a bunch of shitty players.

Toronto's players were better than the shit San Antonio rolled out there tonight...quit blaming refs...

If you continually give minutes to shitty players like Bonner, Vaughn, and Elson, you're going to lose.

Wake the fuck up.

I don't give a shit if bonner goes 20 and 10 the rest of the fucking season... the spurs will be in the lottery if that happens.

timvp
12-29-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm so sick and tired of you pop cunts coming up with sorry ass excuses for a a bunch of shitty players.

Toronto's players were better than the shit San Antonio rolled out there tonight...quit blaming refs...

If you continually give minutes to shitty players like Jackson, Claxton, and Rose, you're going to lose.

Wake the fuck up.

I don't give a shit if jackson goes 20 and 10 the rest of the fucking season... the spurs will be in the lottery if that happens.

T Park
12-29-2007, 02:59 AM
no shit.

Different players same BS.

STFU and go make some pie dumbass.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-29-2007, 09:28 AM
-On the positive side, I'm 3 for 3 on the dot races in this home stand.

:lmao