PDA

View Full Version : Courtside at the Game

PeterBurns
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Got to sit courtside at the game last night. What a crappy game to see....Crazy to see it that up close and personal.

Amazing how much those guys communicate with each other on the floor on picks, switches...etc

We kept after Kapono all night long, and he was actually pretty cool.
We were giving him hell about not shaving.

After he hit a jumper in the 4th, he ran down the floor by us, and yelled...."How you like my beard now"

Here's a quick clip from the game.

Game Footage - Finley and Duncan (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=24939826)

angel_luv
12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
I would have love to have been courtside for a Raptors game. :)

After he hit a jumper in the 4th, he ran down the floor by us, and yelled...."How you like my beard now"

That's awesome! :lol

bigfundamental21
12-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I would love to be courtside for any game.

SequSpur
12-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Got to sit courtside at the game last night. What a crappy game to see....Crazy to see it that up close and personal.

Amazing how much those guys communicate with each other on the floor on picks, switches...etc

We kept after Kapono all night long, and he was actually pretty cool.
We were giving him hell about not shaving.

Here's a quick clip from the game.

Game Footage - Finley and Duncan (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=24939826)

Yeah, you were sitting right across from us and all you and your friend did was talk on your cellphone or sit there and text message. You can do that at home you know. You all didn't even pay attention to the game. Well it wasn't much of a game anyway.

T Park
12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
SEQU, STFU.

Pay for a ticket for once, then you could talk.

I saw you downing beers last night on the side and looked like fun.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Fark Sequ, bitterness that strong will kill you... :lol

As for courtside, it is indeed incredible - you see and hear things that you miss even a few rows back. Courtside was one of the great experiences of my life. :D

SequSpur
12-29-2007, 09:18 PM
SEQU, STFU.

Pay for a ticket for once, then you could talk.

I saw you downing beers last night on the side and looked like fun.

Huh? I didn't drink last night until I got to Buffalo wings place.

mrsmaalox
12-29-2007, 10:46 PM
What a cool thing to do! Good video; did you take that with a cell phone?

remingtonbo2001
12-30-2007, 12:22 AM
I always wondered what it was like sitting courtside.

Now I know. :)

Amuseddaysleeper
12-30-2007, 12:28 AM
I'll be virtually courtside (4th row from the floor) for the spurs revenge game against the raptors :)

glad you got the experience

T Park
12-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Huh? I didn't drink last night until I got to Buffalo wings place.

I was talking to Peter.....

PeterBurns
12-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, It was a good time T Park.
I never knew about the Black and Silver Club at the game.

That was really cool. It's a small room that they have in the Spurs Tunnel, that has an open bar and really good food before and during the game.

We did have several beverages that night, we needed them after that pitiful display

ancestron
12-31-2007, 10:57 AM
how much does it cost to sit courtside anyway

USA Employee
12-31-2007, 01:43 PM
how much does it cost to sit courtside anyway

For me it's a months pay!

PeterBurns
12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
The face Value for each Ticket was $900 a piece.
I can't imagine what the cost to get the seat license.

I had 4 tix....$3600 a game....Must be nice to be looooaaadddeeddd.

Trust me, I didn't not pay for them!

duncan228
12-31-2007, 08:50 PM
If I lived alone and didn't have to consider the consequences of spending that kind of money I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Just once. To be that close, to hear the team talking on the court, to see the game the way it's meant to be seen...For me, the one time experience would last a lifetime.

And be worth starving for a month to do it.

SpursFanFirst
12-31-2007, 08:56 PM
The face Value for each Ticket was $900 a piece.
I can't imagine what the cost to get the seat license.

I had 4 tix....$3600 a game....Must be nice to be looooaaadddeeddd.

Trust me, I didn't not pay for them!

Man alive!!! I sat courtside at the Pacers/Spurs game this past April, and the tickets were $180 a piece. Luckily, someone gave me the tickets.

I can't imagine spending that amount of money for a game, unless it was a pivotal playoff game.

But it was an awesome experience!

PeterBurns
12-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah. I didn't even tell you guys about the coolest parts.

When you first get there, they valet your car. The valet asks if the car is running good. I told him one of my tires was low, and I needed an oil change.

Then when you walk in, you just flash them the tickets, and each and every one of the Spurs employees asks everyone to stop and bow down. It was kinda awkward. But still pretty cool. In fact, all you had to do was show my ticket, and it's company policy that they have to stop everything they are doing and bow.

I did it one of the usher's like 15 times, just to be a dick.

Then when you get into you seat, they bring you a menu and ask what would you like to drink. They say you can order anything you want....I ask them..."Anything I want?" and the waiter goes..."Anything!"

So I said Screw it. Let's see what they really means......so I told the guy I wanted a Philly CheeseSteak, but not out of regular meat, I want this bad boy made out of a Fresh Pink Florida Flamingo, a real F***KIN Flamingo, and to drink I wanted a White Russian, with Ciroc Vodka, and Milk from a Rare Indoneisan Koala Bear.

Sure enough, 15 minutes later. I get my Sandwich, and it's even decorated with pink little feathers, and along with the drink is a picture of my bartender milking a freakin Koala, one hand on the nipple, the other giving a Borat-like Thumbs Up. F'n Awesome.

At Halftime, you go into the Black and Silver club right next to the Spurs locker room. For more drinks and food. When you walk into the club. They automatically hand you a freaking Silver Smoking Jacket. I mean some plush Hugh Hefner sh**.

Then, I show my ticket to the girl who gives me a jacket, just to make her bow again...(I LOVED THAT PART)

They then proceed to give you a massage (No happy ending), and a Wall Street Journal. Which who the hell reads Wall Street Journal any more???

When the 3rd Quarter starts, some huge guy comes over and says...."Hello Sir, I notice you are in the $900 Floor Seats Tonight, We've noticed that you haven't been on your cell phone texting people, and or acting like a rich prick yet. Please do us a favor and adhere to the minimum guidelines set forth for those seats. ....1) At least 3 times, wave to someone who just called you from the building. 2) Take A Picture with your camera phone and proceed to send it to at least 10 of your buddy's. 3) Make sure you text ever girl you are trying to bed, and ask them if they can see you on TV"

So, sure enough, I had to follow the rules.

So early in the 4th, Pop gets ejected. The game is out of hand, and I'm looking to get some more Alcohol. So I hop back into the Black and Silver club, and NO SH**....There is Pop behind the bar, serving drinks.

Hell, we sat there for a good 10 minutes talking about Wine, Overseas travel, and weirdly enough, If I thought Jamie Lynn Spears should keep her baby. Kinda weird, but hell, I guess Pop's a little different.

The game is ending so, we shook hands and I get up to leave. Right before I hit the door....I yell at Pop.....He turns around, and I show him my ticket....Sure enough....He freaking cracks a smile, and gets down and bows down!

Freaking Classic.

After the game, I get up to leave. But they don't even allow you to walk to your car. They have a staff of like 15 guys that bring out some Caeser like Chair and hoist me up, and carry me up to the Valet area.

We get to the valet area. My SUV has 4 new tires, a brand new oil job, and there is a two Silver Dancers in the back asking me if I've ever seen the movie "Wild Thing".

My friends. I didn't pay $3600 for those tickets. But It would have been worth every penny.

angel_luv
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
:lol
You tell quite a tale. :)

duncan228
12-31-2007, 09:42 PM
:lmao

Classic Mr. Burns.
I bow to you.

Fabbs
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah. I didn't even tell you guys about the coolest parts.
Silver Spurs Dancers?

ancestron
01-02-2008, 10:00 AM
nuh-uh. :wakeup