exstatic
12-30-2004, 11:57 PM
:fro

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Finally a good topic from yo ass.

Kori Ellis
12-31-2004, 02:16 AM
Now Tony Parker has had six really good games in a row.

Inevitably, he's going to have a not so good game. And I DO NOT want to see the Parker haters running in here talking about inconsistency. Facts are that EVERY point guard in the league has a bad night -- most more often than one out of every five games. So just because Tony will have an off not sometime soon, I don't want to see the hate up in here. He's obviously turning the corner and becoming one of the most valuable assets on this team.

So save your gripes.

timvp
12-31-2004, 02:18 AM
IceColdBrewski
Pass The Brew
Last Activity: 12-24-2004 02:11 PM

What a little biznitch.

:rollin

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:18 AM
Id rather he have it tommarow night.

Tommarow they can afford for him not to have a good one,

hell need to be good Vs Sacramento, Indiana, and Los Angeles and Denver.

Tony Parker is playing like an all star, if he doesnt go this year, its total BS.

Parker IS a top 5 point guard.

Eat it haters.

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 02:19 AM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/icons/johnny.jpg

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:23 AM
What a little biznitch

WHy should this suprise you??

Garunteed, Parker has off night tommarow and Beno has a great one, hell be in here.

Ignore the ignorance of the haters.

Enjoy the great play of BOTH Tony Parker and Beno Udrih.

12 points 10 assits in 17 minutes from Udrih is absolutely disgusting.

Parker?? When does it go from impressive, to expected?

When does it go from being great to, Death Taxes 21 and 6.

spursfaninla
12-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Parker is playing VERY well. He made the Portland defense look like a JOKE.

I'd be very happy if he keeps up even half of the improvement he has shown in the last 15 games (they said during the game he shot over 50% during that span...)

That is a good run of time. Of course, what matters is the end of the year.

Devin has cooled off. Parker probably will have cold spells during the year. What matters, again, is how he averages out and how he ends the year/plays in the playoffs. How he plays in Dec/Jan/Feb is just warm-up.

Mr. Body
12-31-2004, 03:00 AM
Devin has cooled off.

This isn't a Devin Brown thread, but I wanted to say that, while he hasn't been scoring at such a torrid pace as he did that stretch earlier this year, he's still super aggressive, playing extremely well, and is invaluable coming off the bench. He played very well. I expect Barry to come on the second half of the season and I'm interested in how Pop manages minutes between them.

exstatic
12-31-2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/icons/johnny.jpg
Finally, a good POST from you. I almost fell off my chair, 'loompah. :lol

Sec24Row7
12-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Paul Pierce is the Truth.

If Dwayne Wade is the Flash, Tony Parker is NightCrawler.

boutons
12-31-2004, 10:35 AM
"Portland defense look like a JOKE."

Portland defense IS a JOKE.

I figure Maurice doesn't have much time left there. What a mess of a franchise. I loved Maurice as a player and as national-anthem singer, but his coaching isn't strong enough to get that franchise in shape.

johnny00
12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
^^^^Gotta agree with you, while Maurice is a fine individual and is everything you would want personality wise as a coach, his team is just suckin' it up on the floor, no direction or motivation. Who could blame those fans for booing? I would've been right there with them.

Ghost Writer
12-31-2004, 02:46 PM
How many APG is Tony averaging this season?

Good talk.

Nikos
12-31-2004, 02:49 PM

Good talk.

How many is the team averaging?

What is their APG differential?

Ghost Writer
12-31-2004, 02:52 PM
Answer my question first.

I'm not the one svcking Parker's dillsnick for scoring points and not much else.

Kori Ellis
12-31-2004, 02:58 PM

Good talk.

Open your eyes when you watch games, he's doing a lot more than scoring points. He's turning into a superb defender, his pentration is freeing up his teammates whether he's getting the assist or not, and his overall aggressive play is fueling the whole team.

Sorry he's not wearing a headband.

And happy frickin' New Year.

:)

Nikos
12-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Answer my question first.

I'm not the one svcking Parker's dillsnick for scoring points and not much else.

I did not say he was perfect. I would not mind an extra assist or so a game from Parker, but its not imperative he get 8-9apg. 7apg would be awesome in this type of offense.

He has played better defense this season. Very nice to see.

My only gripe is that Tony does not get to the FT line enough to make up for the times he may have an inconsistent game. Thats what most consistent or solid scorers do when their shot is off. They get to the line. With his penetration and attention he draws, getting to the line a bit more (and converting) would make Parker an elite PG.

Of course he also needs to become a little more reliable at the 3pt arc. He has been hitting lately, and I hope that trend continues.

Bottom line--> He needs to goto the FT line more and convert them at a better %, needs to continue solid 3pt shooting. All this will make him an efficient and more consistent scorer. He does not need to make drastic changes on offense. Just be aggressive, spot the open man, and get to the line and convert FTs.

With his solid defense, if he can continue this efficiency as he has the last 10 games or so, then this team would be great.

Nikos
12-31-2004, 03:24 PM
And another thing, anyone notice Parker's improvement on the boards this season?

Something thats been kinda under the radar.

slayermin
12-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Anyone notice that TP's FG% is higher than Manu's? I thought it would take him half of the season to catch Ginobili with his great start.

Tony is almost up to 30% from 3pt land too.

I always thought Ginobili was the second best Spur but TP is on the verge of passing him.

TheWriter
12-31-2004, 03:54 PM
When your team gets 34 assists as a whole, the number of assists your starting point guard gets iis pretty frickin' meaningless.

RobinsontoDuncan
12-31-2004, 03:55 PM
i think we tend to forget that guy named gilbert arenas on this board

Nikos
12-31-2004, 03:56 PM
Well the thing with that is TP is much less efficient scorer as of now.

TP does not hit threes or get to the line and convert with the proficiency Manu does.

You can make a case that TP makes more difficult shots and makes more baskets, but other than that Manu is more efficient thus far.

Manu is #3 in the league in PPS I think and I think has the lead for all SGs in points per shot. I think Wade is closest or might have surpassed him last night.

Its not an end all be all stat, but for a supporting player who does not take a lot of shots. Manu is very efficient thus far on the offensive end this season.

Kona
12-31-2004, 04:47 PM
i'd like to see parker average 17 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds a game. i think that would be monster numbers in the system that we use.

i can see it happening though.

however, he and nash are guiding my public fantasy team to victory with ease right now. so i have no qualms with how he is playing or the money he got.

Sense
12-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Parker is holding duncan under 20 ppg on the last couple....he's been doing an amazing job, I have never seen him play like this.

AND RASHO ACTUALLY DRIBBLED THE BALL YESTERDAY!

:D

GoSpurs21
12-31-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm not the one svcking Parker's dillsnick for scoring points and not much else.No you would rather do that on the headband wearing jackasses of the league. Why am I not surprised at the drival spewing out of GW once again. Only he could grasp at crap when the Spurs are clearly miles ahead of most teams in the league. At least GW cant ruin our New Years celebration.

td4mvp21
01-02-2005, 04:06 PM
well the good news is if parker has an off game, ginobili most likely wont......:-D

IceColdBrewski
01-02-2005, 08:45 PM
What a little biznitch.

:rollin

My fan club speaks. :lol

I've been on vacation in the Houston area visiting family for the holidays. Unlike some of you, I don't have this message board at the top of my priority list. Nice to know that some of you can't stop thinking about me though. :hat

Parker is playing well right now. No doubt about that. But he does this every year. Starts off slow, catches fire for a while, comes back down to earth, and steadies off at a level just slightly above average.

You can save your smack talk until he does this in the playoffs. That's been my biggest gripe about him all along. Getting it done when the chips are down and the pressure is on. I'm not gonna be holding my breath. Much like years past, I expect him to have a couple of good playoff games to start every series and then dissapear when the pressure goes up. Hopefully Beno will have enough confidence to bail him out the way Speedy and Kerr did a couple years ago.

IceColdBrewski
01-02-2005, 10:13 PM
Now Tony Parker has had six really good games in a row.

Inevitably, he's going to have a not so good game. And I DO NOT want to see the Parker haters running in here talking about inconsistency. Facts are that EVERY point guard in the league has a bad night -- most more often than one out of every five games. So just because Tony will have an off not sometime soon, I don't want to see the hate up in here. He's obviously turning the corner and becoming one of the most valuable assets on this team.

So save your gripes.

So let me this straight. Six bad games just means that he's in a slump. But six good games means that he's turning the corner? Got it. :angel

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:10 PM
Say what you want, but Parker still is not a top 10 PG in my book.

He's way too inconsistent.

And while over the past month, he's been setting up his teammates more, he's still not the kind of PG that clearly makes his teammates better.

And that's not what I want out of my PG.

14dave
01-24-2005, 08:37 PM
Kori Ellis I'm totaly agree with you!! Tony is one of the greatest point guard in the league,he runs the offense perfectly and defends better than ever! Sometimes he have games off, it comes to everybody! Tim or Manu are not so good all the time too...

Solid D
01-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I think the Spurs can "make-do" with their two 28th pick PGs. Sort of make-shift their way to another NBA crown.

Tim, Manu and Brent have been referred to by analysts as guys who make their teammates better. How many players does a team need to make the left-overs better?

smeagol
01-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Tim, Manu and Brent have been referred to by analysts as guys who make their teammates better. How many players does a team need to make the left-overs better?
The fact is Tony could make everybody in the team better: even Tim, even Manu, even Brent . . .

Ghost Writer
01-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Point taken, Solid D.

I guess I am just sick of hearing for over three years now how Tony Parker is the next Magic Johnson or Jason Kidd or Steve Nash.

Those guys are elite PGs who makes their teammates better.

Parker is a solid PG that is most effective when he is scoring.

I am pleased to see him working on setting up teammates more, but can he be the next Jamal Tinsley before we crown him king of all PGs?

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I have a question.

Is it me, or does Parker dislike passing to Manu?

It seems like he hates passing to him, even when he is wide open.
I have no idea, but it seems like that to me.

Yes, the Spurs have plays, and yes, Tony does pass to Manu...

But he seems like he passes to Manu on a last resort...

boutons
01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
hmm, now that you mention it, there have been times when Manu was in a corner or wing, wide open, hands up, and Tony didn't pass to tim. For an instant, I ask "why not?", but I don't dwell on it.

hmmm, not a pleasant thought at all ...

T Park
01-24-2005, 08:55 PM
next Jamal Tinsley

if youd watch any games, Spurs V Indiana

Parker smoked Jamaal Tinsley and "tins" Wasnt even in his freakin league.

But, if we only had Chris Whitney.....

slayermin
01-24-2005, 08:56 PM
have a question.

Is it me, or does Parker dislike passing to Manu?

It seems like he hates passing to him, even when he is wide open.
I have no idea, but it seems like that to me.

Yes, the Spurs have plays, and yes, Tony does pass to Manu...

But he seems like he passes to Manu on a last resort...

I think Tony and Manu have a good relationship. But Tony doesn't defer to Manu, like Beno does.

Tony always talks about being aggressive. And when he is aggressive, sometimes he gets a little tunnel vision. I think he is learning to recognize when a player is hot. But if he doesn't, he will be on the bench like he was on Friday.

He's still learning but I see improvement every game. He just needs to learn how to pick his spots when others are going well on the offensive end.

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2005, 09:06 PM
I think he is learning to recognize when a player is hot. But if he doesn't, he will be on the bench like he was on Friday.

He better recognize when Manu is on fire. lol.

any player + 48 points = pass him the damn ball.

Solid D
01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Guys I would want to run the point for my team:

Iverson
Kidd
Nash
Wade
Parker
Marbury
B. Davis
Billups
Hinrich
Tinsley
Ridenour
Udrih
Claxton
McInnis
Payton
Atkins
Watson
Fisher
B. Jackson

Guys I would not want running the point, but play off-guard or for another team:
Francis
Arenas
Terry
Boykins
A. Miller
Alston
D. Jones
Daniels
J. Will
NVE
Sura
Cassell
Hudson
Jaric
Dickau
Brunson
Lue
Arroyo
Duhon

Good 2nd or 3rd PGs
Snow
McLeod
Lopez
Wilks
Hart
Knight
Armstrong
Harris
Best
James
Navarro

Frenchise player
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Don't you forgot Bibby?

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
To think Tony doesn't like to pass to Manu is beyond idiotic. And the reason that he was on the bench on Friday did not have to do for not passing to Manu, it's because he wasn't shooting well and he was suffering from the flu.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2005, 09:19 PM
So let me this straight. Six bad games just means that he's in a slump. But six good games means that he's turning the corner? Got it.

I guess you missed the part where he carried the team for weeks up until Manu's big game.

Solid D
01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Don't you forgot Bibby?

Oops, I think I erased Bibby when I rearranged them. I also left out Hughes, a guy I would have put in the off-guard list last year but he's proven himself at the point this year.

Ghost Writer
01-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Parker will never "carry" the Spurs so long as their is blood pumping through Parker's veins.

Be real.

Parker is doing better, but he's still not the playmaker that the elite PGs are.

violentkitten
01-26-2005, 03:30 PM
ok you dont know jack

Obvious
01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
To think Tony doesn't like to pass to Manu is beyond idiotic.
I'm sorry I'm one of this idiots :lmao

exstatic
01-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Parker will never "carry" the Spurs so long as their is blood pumping through Parker's veins.
You don't watch enough games to make that kind of judgement.

Louae
01-26-2005, 05:35 PM
To think Tony doesn't like to pass to Manu is beyond idiotic. And the reason that he was on the bench on Friday did not have to do for not passing to Manu, it's because he wasn't shooting well and he was suffering from the flu.

the flu part makes total sense to me b/c he wasn't playing like his ordinary self. He wasn't penetrating and getting in the paint as often. And it wasn't b/c he couldn't get there, it was b/c he wasn't trying to get there. Once I saw Tony not trying to get into the paint, I wanted Beno in there b/c Tony's shot wasn't there that night either. But knowing that he had the flu on that night makes total sense.

bigzak25
01-26-2005, 05:53 PM
we'll see who shows up in the playoffs.

Ghost Writer
02-03-2005, 07:16 PM
exstatic, not only do I watch enough Spurs games, I actually follow the NBA outside of SA.

And, unlike you, I'm not a bleeding-heart Spurs apologist homer.

I will say this:

While Parker still has not put it all together on a consistent basis, he's shown me a lot this season.

His APG is up and I love to see him set up teammates.

Pop seems to have let Parker play without so many restrictions and now Parker is running the offense more than simply looking for his shot.

Kudos to Parker.

exstatic
02-03-2005, 07:34 PM
While Parker still has not put it all together on a consistent basis, he's shown me a lot this season.

As he has me. He used to have about a stinker game every 4 or 5. He's only had about 4 subpar games since 1 December. One of those happened by bad luck to be the Suns game that you watched. If you go look at the game by games for any PGs in the league, you'll find 3-5 subpar games in that time period for any of them

I think I may have missed watching about 3 games this year, so I can see the progress that he's making. Since the beginning of December, he's regularly putting up 17-18 points, and 6-8 assists, and the Spurs just don't need any more from him than that. He needs to penetrate and score early to draw the defense, then set the table for everyone else, and he's doing it. Pop is letting him push the ball more, and that is why his assists are up.

ducks
02-03-2005, 07:52 PM
that is one thing I have noticed of tp lately
I can not think of a game latletly that he has not had atleast 6 assist

and that is good in this spurs o

Ghost Writer
02-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Well put, ex.

I've been hard on Parker, but he's been bringing it more than ever.

There's been more good performances from him in the games I've seen than not.

We've been clamoring for Pop to trust the kids for a while now and its paying dividends.

I won't be sold on Parke runtil he shows us that he can get it done without a security blanket in the playoffs.

The progress that he's making points to "He'll be fine this time."

timvp
02-07-2005, 02:42 PM
If he is an All-Star this year, will you apologize?

Ghost Writer
02-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Apologize for what?

You've been calling Parker an elite PG since he was a fetus.

Ginobili will be an All-Star before Tony Longoria... and the West is stacked with quality SGs.

P.S.

I'll aplogize when Parker puts together a solid playoff strecth - from start to finish.

timvp
02-07-2005, 02:46 PM
You've been calling Parker an elite PG since he was a fetus.

I said he will become an elite PG.

He has.

SPARKY
02-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Whitney > Parker

exstatic
02-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Ginobili will be an All-Star before Tony Longoria
:lol Jealously will get you nowhere.

waly.mg
02-07-2005, 03:15 PM
This Year, probably Tony Play the same position than Iverson

Both are Shotting Guards, they are small to play like a Shooting Guard, so They Play as PG

But if i going to make a Choice, Let TP in SA, I worry about others Things

With Tony at PG, we havenīt a Real Point Guard, but But it is the best thing than we can do

Probably all the Teams in The League, Want to have Tony, Manu and Timmy, together

But Tony must take better the offensive and think about that the Team needs but its conduction that of its points, because in All Games he can Move the Ball, but in all canīt Score
To anybody it would matter if Tony Scores 5 Points, but has 10 Assits
But it seems that Tony if it matters to him

jcrod
02-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Where you from Waly?

Matrix
02-07-2005, 04:07 PM
who gives a shit they both are on your team, This has to be europe fans argueing over if the french player is better than the Argentinan Dago... Not many suns fans arguing over Amare or Matrix or who should go to the ASG, either way you should be hoping for both to go to the ASG not which player is better and should be there, they are both good.....