PDA

View Full Version : Yet another swingman may soon hit the market

SenorSpur
12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Here's another swingman that may soon hit the market. While he can shoot the 3-ball, he's nowhere near the shooter Korver is. Has potential to be a really good defender. Given all that, I wonder if the Spurs would have any interest?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50006/20071230/warriors_can_trade_pietrus_starting_tuesday/

Warriors Can Trade Pietrus Starting Tuesday
December 30, 2007 - 9:48 am

Contra Costa Times -
Warriors' forward Mickael Pietrus spent much of this summer waiting for a trade that would deliver him from Oakland. It didn't happen, obviously, but beginning this week, that possibility will be once again in play.

After signing Pietrus to a one-year qualifying offer worth $3.47 million, the Warriors have been prohibited from dealing him for three months -- a limitation that ends Tuesday.

While both sides said they're not actively seeking a divorce, there is no doubt that Pietrus would still like to wind up with a team where he'll get more consistent playing time. And it's equally clear that the Warriors are open to the idea of dealing their longest-tenured player.

"If a trade is offered, I'll go," said Pietrus, who has the right to veto any deal because he would have to relinquish his "Larry Bird rights," potentially costing himself money on the free agent market next summer. "I'll give up my 'Bird rights' for 35 minutes (per game)."

Bruno
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
I'll give up my 'Bird rights' for 35 minutes (per game).

Pietrus want to be traded to a team that gave him playtime to raise his market value and Spurs won't give him playtime.

urunobili
12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
he'd thrill on the Spurs system.. could become what Bonner may never be with us... that would be my natural instinct pic to replace Finley/Barry next year

BeerIsGood!
12-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Pietrus want to be traded to a team that gave him playtime to raise his market value and Spurs won't give him playtime.

Bingo. He'd be more disgruntled here than in Oakland and would cause a United Nations War between French and Argentinian Spurstalk posters.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2007, 05:34 PM
he'd thrill on the Spurs system.. could become what Bonner may never be with us...
How would Pietrus fill the role Bonner is assigned to if he is a swingman and Bonner is a power forward?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Bingo. He'd be more disgruntled here than in Oakland and would cause a United Nations War between French and Argentinian Spurstalk posters.

:lmao

No, there'd just be a war and the UN would be ignored as seems to happen these days. ;)

timvp
12-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Pietrus is a lot like Beno -- decent NBA player but not a fit on the Spurs. Pietrus just lacks the basketball IQ to ever amount to anything on the Spurs. Not only that, his outside jumper is shaky and he has zero playmaking skills.

Pass.

VaSpursFan
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
pietrus...i'll pass.

nfg3
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Pietrus is a lot like Beno -- decent NBA player but not a fit on the Spurs. Pietrus just lacks the basketball IQ to ever amount to anything on the Spurs. Not only that, his outside jumper is shaky and he has zero playmaking skills.

Pass.

Second. A low BB IQ wont cut it in SA. Great athlete who won't/can't develop.

:nope

Alain
12-31-2007, 05:25 AM
Indeed, a player with a low BB IQ, a shaky jumpshot, no playmaking abilities, swingman for the Warriors, can't help the Spurs win a title at all.

:lol

JPB
12-31-2007, 06:13 AM
here's some quotes of a MP's and Don Nelson interviews in lequipe.fr.

"If I get an offer, I leave...There's no urgency. That's not something I can control"

"NBA is a business. Things happen every day. If it happens to me, it wouldn't be the first time it happens to someone".

"Teams know now what I can do. In my head, I ready whatever happens."

Don Nelson :

"Mickael doesn't play as well as last year. I don't know why. If you ask him, He'll tell you that it's because he doesn't play enough. I say : he doesn't play bexause he doesn't play well."

"I hope Mickael still has a little margin of improvment".

MP's quotes sounds quite cliché.

SenorSpur
12-31-2007, 06:32 AM
here's some quotes of a MP's and Don Nelson interviews in lequipe.fr.

"If I get an offer, I leave...There's no urgency. That's not something I can control"

"NBA is a business. Things happen every day. If it happens to me, it wouldn't be the first time it happens to someone".

"Teams know now what I can do. In my head, I ready whatever happens."

Don Nelson :

"Mickael doesn't play as well as last year. I don't know why. If you ask him, He'll tell you that it's because he doesn't play enough. I say : he doesn't play bexause he doesn't play well."

"I hope Mickael still has a little margin of improvment".

MP's quotes sounds quite cliché.

Not a good sign for him. Good luck in trying to showcase his talents for a bigger payday.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Pietrus says he'd be happier with a team nearer the islands
Janny Hu
Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Mickael Pietrus can't predict what his new year will hold, but he won't complain if it is not in Oakland.

"What would be best for me?" Pietrus repeated when asked about potential trade destinations. "Closer to the West Indies."

The fifth-year forward is again eligible for a new home today, three months after grudgingly re-signing with the Warriors for a one-year, $3.47 million qualifier on Oct. 1.

Pietrus must agree to any trade because he would lose his Bird rights, which allow a team to sign him without regard to its salary-cap situation. Both he and his representatives say they would green-light a move if it meant more playing time and security.

"Mike's not going to say no to something that's going to help him," agent Happy Walters said. "We're still trying on our end to make something work. Mike's not getting a lot of minutes now, a lot of shots, and he's a lot more talented that he's being used."

Pietrus' numbers are down in every category from last season's career highs, but his last two games have been encouraging. The undersized power forward had seven points and a steal in 11 minutes trying to defend the Yao Ming on Monday and put in an all-around game with four points, four rebounds and two steals against the Nuggets on Sunday.

Over the summer, Pietrus listed Miami, Cleveland and Dallas as teams for which he wanted to play. Toronto and Orlando were also among teams interested. The underachieving Heat - who meet Pietrus' desire to be closer to his home in Guadeloupe in the French Caribbean - reportedly are trying to move Smush Parker, but indications are that the Warriors are not interested in the guard.

Bench delivers: The Warriors finally got a nice outing from what has become a three-man bench, with Kelenna Azubuike (13 points, five rebounds, two assists) and Matt Barnes (nine points, six rebounds, three assists, two steals) joining Pietrus in the production increase.

Briefly: The Rockets, already without injured guard Tracy McGrady, also lost Steve Francis to bi-lateral quadriceps tendinitis and Kirk Snyder to a personal absence. For the start of the second quarter, that led to a lineup of Yao, reserve Luther Head, rookies Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks, and Steve Novak, who was making his season debut after being recalled from the NBA Development League two weeks ago.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/01/SPQ6U735R.DTL

The Truth #6
01-01-2008, 01:00 PM
His agent's first name is Happy?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
:lmao I just noticed that.