PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs. Redskins (The Battle For SpursTalk)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 01:03 PM
The biggest and oldest NFL rivalry on SpursTalk kicks off in three hours. This Patriots-Colts shit is getting tired.

It's on, bitches.

Extra Stout
12-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Is it really much a battle, when for one team nothing is on the line, and they're not going to play their best players?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Is it really much a battle, when for one team nothing is on the line, and they're not going to play their best players?

No, but bragging rights on the intertubes helps.

Plus, as I mentioned above, this Pats-Colts discussion on here is getting tired.

*Wah* Cheaters

*Wah* Media bias*

Wah-wah-fucking-wah.

I haven't seen so many whiny fans since the Phoenix series.

Extra Stout
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I haven't seen so many whiny fans since the Phoenix series.
There all still a lot of Cowboys fans in Arizona. Coincidence?

K-State Spur
12-30-2007, 01:21 PM
this kinda reminds me of the Washington/Philly game to close out the 2005 regular season.

i expect the Redskins to struggle with the Cowboys second teamers for much of the game, then pull away at the end.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
There all still a lot of Cowboys fans in Arizona. Coincidence?

Yep.

CubanMustGo
12-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey speaking of Phoneyix they are STILL crying about Horry:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cheapseats/brickley/hardcount/hardcount.html

SpurYank
12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
It isn't easy living up here amongst all these Redskins fans. My wife's entire family eats, sleeps, and drinks Redskins. If I want peace for the rest of the week I would have to hope the Redskins win, as everybody believes they will.

Still, I would love it if there is a little misery to spread around here.

Go Cowboys!

traitoravery
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
This game is meaningless.... I am a manager at a Sports bar and grill and there are a bunch of loser Cowboy fans up here ready for the "BIG GAME" It's completely idiotic. I think they think its the playoffs already. Freakin losers

SAtown
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
It is the playoffs... for the Redskins

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
This game is meaningless.... I am a manager at a Sports bar and grill and there are a bunch of loser Cowboy fans up here ready for the "BIG GAME" It's completely idiotic. I think they think its the playoffs already. Freakin losers

I guess you should go tell them and let them pocket their money.

SAtown
12-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Roooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmoooooooooooo

K-State Spur
12-30-2007, 04:41 PM
It is the playoffs... for the Redskins

it's been the playoffs since the thursday night chicago game.

traitoravery
12-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I guess you should go tell them and let them pocket their money.

Now that would be pretty stupid would'nt it... I just cant remember where all these stupid bandwagon fans were when they were 8-8 or 5-11 its freakin gay. They are clappin and cheering like a bunch of school girls for a meaningless game. Go REDSKINS

samikeyp
12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Now that would be pretty stupid would'nt it... I just cant remember where all these stupid bandwagon fans were when they were 8-8 or 5-11 its freakin gay. They are clappin and cheering like a bunch of school girls for a meaningless game. Go REDSKINS

You shouldn't cheer for your favorite team?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 04:55 PM
You shouldn't cheer for your favorite team?

Nope.

Damn sure shouldn't spend money on them.

Where do you work, Traitor? I want to go liberate your patrons from spending their Sunday cheering and spending money.

samikeyp
12-30-2007, 04:58 PM

Does it matter as long as they are frequenting your establishment?

Hell, if I ran a sports bar, I would even let Mavs fans in, as long as they spent money. :)

MannyIsGod
12-30-2007, 05:06 PM
10-0 BITCHES. Tony Romo looks like he doesn't give a shit. :lol

samikeyp
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Him and everyone else on the Dallas side.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
10-0 BITCHES. Tony Romo looks like he doesn't give a shit. :lol

Damn you and your tiebreakers over the Vikings.

J.T.
12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Homo can't throw in gloves.

samikeyp
12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
The Manny-Tlong smack should be entertaining.

J.T.
12-30-2007, 05:10 PM
With all these dropped passes you'd think TO was in the game.

MannyIsGod
12-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Well the way Shaun Alexander (barely) showed up for my fantasy team this year I'd say he owns me one (or 50). I really do like the Skins over the Shawks.

J.T.
12-30-2007, 05:20 PM
lol, nick folk

ShoogarBear
12-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Cuck the Fowboys.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Part of me wishes I was there.

OTOH, Cuck Freezing Rain.

kingsfan
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
GO SKINS!! :elephant

J.T.
12-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Cowboys might be seeing the Skins again in 2 weeks. . .

J.T.
12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
:tu SRV in the Altima commercial.

K-State Spur
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
As a Redskin fan, I had almost forgotten how much I missed watching Brad Johnson throw the 5 yard out on 3rd & 8.

SpursFanFirst
12-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Geez! I haven't had much of a chance to watch this game today, but every time I look up, the Cowboys are backed up into the end zone. :huh

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Good for Todd Collins.

Washington is playing extremely well. They are going to be a tough out.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2007, 06:51 PM
As a Redskin fan, I had almost forgotten how much I missed watching Brad Johnson throw the 5 yard out on 3rd & 8.He always started out the season looking strong arm but would develop a serious ragarm by November.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Jim, Shoog, Manny, Zak...

I hate you all. See you in two weeks.

bigzak25
12-30-2007, 07:55 PM
it's on sheepfucker...:makemyday

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 07:56 PM
it's on sheepfucker...:makemyday

<--------- Not tlong.

K-State Spur
12-30-2007, 09:06 PM
He always started out the season looking strong arm but would develop a serious ragarm by November.

Yep, he'd just stop going downfield about game 10. From that point on, it was time to pad Larry Centers' stats...

leemajors
12-30-2007, 09:13 PM
i was pissed there was no information about glenn after that safety went after his knees. is he gonna be able to play again?

ShoogarBear
12-31-2007, 02:04 AM
<--------- Not tlong.Yeah, but I think that's who he was talking to.

Spawn
12-31-2007, 03:12 AM
i was pissed there was no information about glenn after that safety went after his knees. is he gonna be able to play again?

:16 PM Sun, Dec 30, 2007 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

On a third-and-5 in the second quarter, Terry Glenn proved the health of his knee by taking a shot at the legs from Redskins rookie S LaRon Landry.

Glenn had already fought through an illegal chuck from Fred Smoot, and was upended downfield on a go route by Landry, coming screaming off the hash.

And at first, Glenn thought nothing of it. But his teammates didn't feel that way and after the situation was explained to him, Glenn's mind began to change on the matter.

"From what I heard, the guy was really trying to take me out," Glenn said. "So now I look back on it, yeah, I think it was intentional, because he could’ve stayed back. If I’m running in for the ball like that, why is he coming at my knees?"

QB Tony Romo was as upset as anyone, saying in his postgame presser that it was "disappointing" while characterizing the hit as a cheap shot.

Glenn wasn't happy either, but seemed willing to chalk part of it up to youth.

"He’s a young guy," Glenn said. "And hey, I guess he wanted to play a little dirty, I don’t know, I’m not sure."

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/glenn_incensed_by_landry_shot.html

atxrocker
12-31-2007, 04:52 AM
i hate the fucking cowboys. if you live in texas, they're stuck down your throat. they disguist me.

J.T.
12-31-2007, 05:49 AM
i hate the fucking cowboys. if you live in texas, they're stuck down your throat. they disguist me.

It's actually pretty funny though... Walk into a Wal-Mart in Texas, and there's tons of Cowboys and UT/A&M shit, then right next to it all is a rack of VY Titans jerseys.

traitoravery
12-31-2007, 10:26 AM
:tu

BeerIsGood!
12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
This is pretty much what I expected from them. I didn't even watch the game for that reason.

So Landry took a cheap shot at Terry Glenn's knees? That's about as low as it gets, taking a cheap shot at a guy who just got back from a serious knee injury. I won't be surprised to see Landry get a serious injury in the playoffs or next season if he's going to be like that.

Bigzax
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
did you expect 1 yard rushing? ;)

SpurYank
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
After this fiasco, all the Redskins fans around here think they are on their way to be Superbowl champs and the Patriots better hope they don't have to face them in the championship game. It's like it is every spring around here, the Washington Redskins are the Superbowl Champs, circa Spring of every year. The Cowboys' poor preparation for this game has given them (the Redskins) a false sense of security. They all think they are invincible and you better hope you don't have to face them. The margin of victory was 21 points, and it just so happens to be Sean Taylor's jersey number. Need I say more. Let's crown them now!

MannyIsGod
12-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Well - no one is beating the Patriots but as far as I'm concerned the Superbowl is in the 2nd round of the NFC playoffs and I hope the Redskins can get there.

Cowboys haven't had a good game in quite some time, starters resting not withstanding.

K-State Spur
01-01-2008, 01:00 AM
After this fiasco, all the Redskins fans around here think they are on their way to be Superbowl champs and the Patriots better hope they don't have to face them in the championship game. It's like it is every spring around here, the Washington Redskins are the Superbowl Champs, circa Spring of every year. The Cowboys' poor preparation for this game has given them (the Redskins) a false sense of security. They all think they are invincible and you better hope you don't have to face them. The margin of victory was 21 points, and it just so happens to be Sean Taylor's jersey number. Need I say more. Let's crown them now!

Any Skins fan who thinks that is getting way ahead of themselves. The team is going to have a hell of a time in Seattle this weekend, let alone Dallas if they win that.

However, while Dallas was clearly the better team over the course of the season, to say that Washington has been the better team over the past month would likely be correct.

K-State Spur
01-01-2008, 01:12 AM
This is pretty much what I expected from them. I didn't even watch the game for that reason.

So Landry took a cheap shot at Terry Glenn's knees? That's about as low as it gets, taking a cheap shot at a guy who just got back from a serious knee injury. I won't be surprised to see Landry get a serious injury in the playoffs or next season if he's going to be like that.

God forbid that anybody should watch the video before calling it a cheap shot: link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpMi_1-izsc)

Looks pretty obvious that Landry is diving for the ball, then slid on the wet field into Glenn.

Definitely doesn't look like he was trying to hurt Glenn for 2 reasons:

a) Landry couldn't have anticipated Glenn breaking off his route. If Glenn continues to run full speed, he goes right past Landry with no contact.

b) If Landry was trying to hurt Glenn, he wouldn't have began his dive from 10 feet away. He'd have gotten closer and dove into the knee instead of sliding along the ground.

You'd have to be a HUGE redskin hater to watch this video and still declare it a cheap shot.

samikeyp
01-01-2008, 01:46 AM

To be fair, there have been quite a few of my fellow Cowboys fans doing the same thing.

Let's let the playoffs actually start. :toast

leemajors
01-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Well - no one is beating the Patriots but as far as I'm concerned the Superbowl is in the 2nd round of the NFC playoffs and I hope the Redskins can get there.

Cowboys haven't had a good game in quite some time, starters resting not withstanding.
so TO couldn't cook up shawn springs, again? taking him out of the offense changes it considerably. all of a sudden you can't double team witten, or keep 2 safeties in the box all the time.

Jimcs50
01-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Washington has played Dallas twice and really look like they can beat them any time they want to.

I think they will beat Seattle and then go down to Texas Stadium and beat them again when it matters to Dallas.

Say what you will, you can say that Dallas did not care and all that BS, but one thing stands out. Dallas had ONE yd rushing on 16 carries for a .o6 yd/carry average. This means that Dallas would have had to rush the ball 160 times to get a 1st down yesterday. :lol

Washington's D has been nothing short of spectacular the last 3 games, and they will be tested against a great Seattle Offense on Sat., but if they continue to play inspired D in the playoffs, they can run the table in the NFC and get to Super Bowl....stop laughing....I am serious.

K-State Spur
01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
so TO couldn't cook up shawn springs, again? taking him out of the offense changes it considerably. all of a sudden you can't double team witten, or keep 2 safeties in the box all the time.

For the most part, TO was dominating the safety help (or lack there of), not Springs. We're not talking about him blowing past anybody (which he is definitely capable of doing), but mostly broken coverages.

That was the Skins second game without Taylor. Not to insinuate that Doughty and Prioleau could handle TO now, but they are certainly playing significantly better than they were at that point.

Jimcs50
01-01-2008, 11:43 AM
For the most part, TO was dominating the safety help (or lack there of), not Springs. We're not talking about him blowing past anybody (which he is definitely capable of doing), but mostly broken coverages.

That was the Skins second game without Taylor. Not to insinuate that Doughty and Prioleau could handle TO now, but they are certainly playing significantly better than they were at that point.

Also there is some doubt that TO will even be ready to play by next week. He could very well be ready, but I doubt that he will be 100%.

If you notice, Gregg Williams has reverted back to his style of D that made him what he is, and that is one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL. The Redskins are back to their attacking style instead of the "don't let the deep ball hurt you" pussified style that they started the year out in.

Last year, they got beat on some deep balls numerous times and so Williams changed his whole defensive scheme, wrongly so. I have watched the last 3 games and the Redskins' D looks like they can stop any offense and any receiver because the QBs have a lot less time to operate. Once the offenses' running games have been stuffed, like the last 3 weeks, then they have the QBs dead in their sights.

Romo will not throw 4 TDs again against this D, I promise you that.

Harry Callahan
01-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Please
That 9-7 team is not going to win seven games in a row to get to the Super Bowl. They very simply are not good enough. You are way too much of a bandwagoner if you think that team will win in Seattle, in Dallas, and in Green Bay (probably). There will be no Super Bowls for the Redskins this year or in the next few years. Todd Collins is going to wake up from this little dream of his very soon and become what he is - a career backup.

Mike H will have the Seahawks well prepared and will find the holes in the Washington secondary (trust me, they are there). Playing in that slop up in D.C. was a joke - the 4th and 5th receivers for Dallas were getting open. Holding on to the ball was a huge problem for Miles Austin - dropped 2 touchdown passes with one in the end zone and another on a crossing route where there was no one between him and the end zone for fifty yards. I think Dallas dropped eight or nine passes on Sunday and were absolutely awful on 3rd down (some credit to Redskins there). Washington got some pressure on Romo and he did not step up in the pocket when he should a couple of times. In reasonable conditions he can move in the pocket, avoid the rush, and get the ball downfield against Washington. Romo could also have strolled into the end zone on a play where he threw to Witten and the pass was not completed - he was (in my opinion) trying to minimize his exposure to hits and possible injury. Dallas left points on the field that would have made the game much more contested.

Dallas will probably have all of the players they did not have on Sunday on board (Gurode, Newman, Ratliff, and even T.O.) in two weeks. That had a huge impact on the results of the last game in many areas - running game, passing game, coverage etc. Dallas will be well rested for their opponent (Probably Tampa). That opponent will have the wear and tear of an additional game and travel.

The four plays Terry Glenn was on the field, Washington could NOT cover him (Springs ran through Glenn's body for that early interception - it was pass interference without question). He should be in a position to contribute in a much greater way in a couple of weeks. Washington has had a bunch of trouble covering TG in the past (not to mention T.O.).

I know this - Washington cannot cover quality receivers. Washington cannot protect their 36 year old quarterback. Clinton Portis is a weird guy who will cough up the football at key moments in a game. With a full complement of weapons on offense (including a reasonably healthy Owens and Glenn), Romo will distribute the ball very well. Dallas was more interested in getting TG a little playing time in the final game than beating a jacked up Redskin team. As it turns out, Washington would have made the playoffs even if Dallas had tried and actually won the game Sunday.

Seattle, Dallas, and Green Bay can bring pressure on the quarterback and on a fast artificial surface (in Seattle or possibly Dallas), I think Washington is at a disadvantage. With a full roster and an extra week to prepare, Dallas will put a great deal a pressure on their opponent. Even better, they will have a chip on their shoulder.

With all of the negativity coming from the Dallas Media, the Cowboys will be angry and focused regardless of the opponent. If the Redskins survive the Seahawks (which I don't see happening) they will be in for an entirely different situation at Texas Stadium. Can Washington win against Seattle and then Dallas? Sure, its possible. You should not bet your house payment on it - too much wear and tear for the Redskins to endure and overcome.

K-State Spur
01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
You could go on that way about every team at this point. Even the 13 win teams in the NFC are not without some serious flaws.

Even if you take away Sunday's result, over the past month of the season, the Cowboys have been playing arguably the worst football of any NFC playoff team.

Clearly, the Cowboys and Packers are still the favorites, but I've heard everybody except the Giants listed as a trendy pick at this point.

Washington's ability to completely shutdown the run matched with a decent secondary (no matter how you want to spin that) makes them a threat against anybody in the NFC. Dallas didn't run the ball against them in the first match-up either.

Harry Callahan
01-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Landry is a very good player. Smoot is a recycled player who is only OK. Springs has seen better days at this stage of his career. The other safety is very inexperienced. Would an "average" secondary be more accurate for you?

With two weeks to prepare, a healthy roster (hopefully), and the overall talent Dallas has, C-Boys should have enough to defeat their first opponent, whoever it is. Washington has a nice team and is playing well, but they do not have enough to win three playoff games on the road. Their defense is OK, but do not confuse them with the 2000 Ravens OK. I saw blown coverages all over the field in the first game. Dallas chose not to run the ball as much as a result.

Washington is a threat if Dallas does not have their full lineup. I think Seattle will be able to exploit Washington's defense and get to the RS QB enough to take them out.

Just an opinion, but that's the way I see it. You are what you are, and I don't think a 9-7 has ever won an AFC or NFC championship. Winning three road games is just too much for them.

slayermin
01-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Just an opinion, but that's the way I see it. You are what you are, and I don't think a 9-7 has ever won an AFC or NFC championship. Winning three road games is just too much for them.

'79 Rams

Harry Callahan
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
OOPs. One in almost thirty years. By the way, that Rams win in Dallas came off of a deflected pass to Billy Waddy from Ferragamo late in the game. A fluke. Did the wild card game exist back then? I think the Rams only had to win two games to get to the SB. Could be wrong about that.

BeerIsGood!
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Im just glad that the playoffs are here and the Cowboys are in the dance. Props to the skin's for doing what they had to do to get invited and now all the records reset to 0-0. Its anybody's game to win now and I'm going to enjoy the show and watch the deserving team take it all. I hope it's the Cowboys, but if they can't step up their play and be consistent to get it done then so be it. I'm ready for some dog fights.

K-State Spur
01-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Dallas chose not to run the ball? Even if you didn't watch that game, look up the stats. They got a decent number of carries, they just didn't do much with them.

And they did have a number of blown coverages - almost all of which came at the Free position (it was the second game without Taylor). Doughty/Prioleau have clearly vastly improved since that game. That said, I'm not keen on putting either 1 on 1 with TO anytime soon.

This is really a moot issue right now. Skins will have their hands full with Seattle this weekend.

slayermin
01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
By the way, that Rams win in Dallas came off of a deflected pass to Billy Waddy from Ferragamo late in the game. A fluke. Did the wild card game exist back then? I think the Rams only had to win two games to get to the SB. Could be wrong about that.

Wildcard did exist but the Rams won their division.

What wasn't a fluke was Jack Youngblood playing the Conference Championship and the Super Bowl with a fractured leg.

samikeyp
01-01-2008, 08:29 PM
This is really a moot issue right now. Skins will have their hands full with Seattle this weekend.

True. Besides all history will record is 27-6 Washington. No asterisks, no "yeah, but's" nothing just a win.

Let the second season begin.

Harry Callahan
01-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Please
That 9-7 team is not going to win seven games in a row to get to the Super Bowl. They very simply are not good enough. Todd Collins is going to wake up from this little dream of his very soon and become what he is - a career backup.

Mike H will have the Seahawks well prepared and will find the holes in the Washington secondary (trust me, they are there).

I know this - Washington cannot cover quality receivers. Washington cannot protect their 36 year old quarterback. Clinton Portis is a weird guy who will cough up the football at key moments in a game.

Seattle, Dallas, and Green Bay can bring pressure on the quarterback and on a fast artificial surface (in Seattle or possibly Dallas), I think Washington is at a disadvantage.

Can Washington win against Seattle and then Dallas? Sure, its possible. You should not bet your house payment on it - too much wear and tear for the Redskins to endure and overcome.

Well, looks like most of what I thought would happen before the game did come to pass. So, does little danny now want to lock up Todd Collins since he is now a free agent?

K-State Spur
01-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Since you're patting yourself on the back, I'll point out that Smoot was outstanding on his side of the field today.

And I hope that they do re-sign Collins for another 2 years as a back-up.

Harry Callahan
01-06-2008, 01:43 AM
I'll point out Washington's DBs did not have to cover Deion Branch today.

K-State Spur
01-06-2008, 03:23 AM
With the exception of the Dallas game to close the season, Smoot has been excellent the entire second half of the season.

J.T.
01-06-2008, 04:04 AM
OOPs. One in almost thirty years. By the way, that Rams win in Dallas came off of a deflected pass to Billy Waddy from Ferragamo late in the game. A fluke. Did the wild card game exist back then? I think the Rams only had to win two games to get to the SB. Could be wrong about that.

Wild card has always existed in the Super Bowl era, but it used to be just one WC and three division winners. Obviously adding more teams to the league has changed the format a little bit since it was created.

Hook Dem
01-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Washington has played Dallas twice and really look like they can beat them any time they want to.

I think they will beat Seattle and then go down to Texas Stadium and beat them again when it matters to Dallas.

Say what you will, you can say that Dallas did not care and all that BS, but one thing stands out. Dallas had ONE yd rushing on 16 carries for a .o6 yd/carry average. This means that Dallas would have had to rush the ball 160 times to get a 1st down yesterday. :lol

Washington's D has been nothing short of spectacular the last 3 games, and they will be tested against a great Seattle Offense on Sat., but if they continue to play inspired D in the playoffs, they can run the table in the NFC and get to Super Bowl....stop laughing....I am serious.
lol..........Thanks for playing Jim! Got any more "serious" stuff???? lol