PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a Wii!!

LuvBones
12-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Where in the world can I find one?! I've been looking everywhere! I thought they'd be easier to find after the holidays but nope. Please someone tell me where I can pick one up!

LuvBones
12-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Gamestop has a bundle that's $600 with a bunch of crappy games. I just want the system.. or even a smaller bundle.

CubanMustGo
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Wait a month or two. You won't die and you will save money.

Sapphire
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Check www.wiitracker.com. I saw somewhere that a Gamestop at the Forum had several, but that's been a few days ago. Keep up your quest! We have a lot of fun with ours.

katyon6th
12-30-2007, 08:27 PM
HEB Plus, Cosco or eBay

Kentu3
12-30-2007, 08:29 PM
get a 360...

LuvBones
12-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I haven't tried costco yet, thanks! Sapphire, I was playing my boyfriend's wii this weekend and it was so much fun! I can't wait to get my own.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 08:34 PM
If not there, you might find one on Craigslist.

jman3000
12-30-2007, 08:35 PM
they have and will continue to have a shortage for the foreseeable future. ebay might be your best bet if you really want one.

LuvBones
12-30-2007, 08:44 PM
they have and will continue to have a shortage for the foreseeable future. ebay might be your best bet if you really want one.It's awesome that the wii is selling so much better than the PS3 and 360. I've had bad experiences with ebay but I might have to go that route. If anyone knows of a place that's going to get a bunch of systems post it please! Thanks. :)

robino2001
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
HEB plus is a great place for hard to find video game systems (DS, wii, etc)... the Best Buy near me in Round Rock got in 100+ a few days ago, so shipments are floating around... yahoo had a wii website which tracked all the online stores but I can't find it... i used it to find mine in the summer. Back then - circuit city online got a shipment every day and there was an hour or two between like 11am and 1pm where they'd be available to buy until they sold out...

jman3000
12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
i dont think it's so much as it's outselling them...i know that the 360 and wii are pretty close in sales... but i could be wrong... it's just nintendo hasnt been able to keep up with demand and arent producing enough units.

jman3000
12-30-2007, 08:55 PM
i have a wii right in front of me :spin

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
i have a wii right in front of me :spin

Yeah, but nobody wants to play with that one but you.

jman3000
12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
burn

stress
12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
wii gets old fast real fast i had one for a month then sold it for 200 at a pawn shop to get my 360.it just doesnt have that lasting appeal .but i got mine for free on that game stacker .you know that one were you line up the blocks all the way to the top it pretty easy to win .there was a ipod 8 g umm a wii,psp,harddrive camcorder and i thinkthat was it.won it at malibu castle!!

Sapphire
12-30-2007, 10:18 PM
burn
Definitely nobody wants to play with it if it burns.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Definitely nobody wants to play with it if it burns.

Double Hit.

robino2001
12-30-2007, 10:50 PM
wii gets old fast real fast i had one for a month then sold it for 200 at a pawn shop to get my 360.

I kinda agree - wife and I played ours a lot when we first got it, but then the fun games get kinda old, etc. I love having it around for get togethers though, but whenever it's just me or the bro-in-law, etc... I play my 360. For example, I got one of the Wii baseball games this week (I use gamefly, netflix for video games) and it was sent back the same day just because I knew I wouldn't play it - yeah, swinging the bat is cool, pitching is kinda cool... but it just gets old in a different way that I don't find on the 360.

I do have to say though I haven't played the new Mario Galaxy which is supposed to be one of the best games in a very long time.

Sapphire
12-30-2007, 11:13 PM
I read on another board that Mario Galaxy is a really awesome game, but it makes you mad dizzy. And Wii fit is coming out in early 2008, which will make a lot of people fulfill their New Year's resolutions to not be such fatties. :lol

stress
12-30-2007, 11:20 PM
metroid prime was hellah badass for it but like i said it got old fast!!!!!

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm enjoying my 360 but I'm probably gonna get a Wii as well. Next year's line of games seems too good to pass on.

TheTruth
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Wii is awesome. Mandy and I downloaded a shitload of old Nintendo games like mariokart and mario64. We play the hell out of it. But now that I have Call of Duty 4 that is getting most of the play now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I downloaded a shitload of old Nintendo games like mariokart.
I play it on my computer. :smokin

baseline bum
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Check www.wiitracker.com. I saw somewhere that a Gamestop at the Forum had several, but that's been a few days ago. Keep up your quest! We have a lot of fun with ours.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2967682

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4310745dt.jpg

Wow... Toys R Us forces you to pay $700 to get the Wii and 10 mostly-shitty games. Rayman is the only good-looking one in that package. Spiderman 3 was a piece of dogshit, as was Transformers.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I was playing my boyfriend's wii this weekend and it was so much fun!How did you bunch of lamers miss this one?

baseline bum
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
How did you bunch of lamers miss this one?

If her boyfriend is a wee-man, I don't think she would have had much fun.

jman3000
12-31-2007, 12:05 AM
ummm... petz dogz 2 is the shiznit.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
How did you bunch of lamers miss this one?

I didn't want you to have to work so hard trying to find the best joke.

Things get harder with your old age.

Fillmoe
12-31-2007, 12:50 AM
hold your wee for a wii

Spurfect
12-31-2007, 12:55 AM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2967682

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4310745dt.jpg

Wow... Toys R Us forces you to pay $700 to get the Wii and 10 mostly-shitty games. Rayman is the only good-looking one in that package. Spiderman 3 was a piece of dogshit, as was Transformers.

ooh Crash Bandicoot!! awesome :)

ShoogarBear
12-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Things get harder with your old age.Making me the exception to the rule.

Cry Havoc
12-31-2007, 03:33 AM
i dont think it's so much as it's outselling them...i know that the 360 and wii are pretty close in sales... but i could be wrong... it's just nintendo hasnt been able to keep up with demand and arent producing enough units.

The Wii has actually equaled or surpassed (depending upon the source) the 360 in sales. This would be considered a close to negligible margin except that the Xbox 360 has had almost a full year longer with it's product in stores. The Xbox released on November 22, 2005, while the Wii released on November 19, 2006.

Calculated into per month sales, the 360 has sold around 13 million units worldwide. If we equate that to the Wii as well, for 13 million units, the 360 is averaging sales of around 520,000 consoles per month, while the Wii has sold just over 1,000,000 units per month. This is a rather large difference, and if it persists, will ensure the dominance of Nintendo for this generation of gaming.

To the naysayers, they should also be reminded that the Ps3 currently has precious few highly rated games available, and the 360 had a well-known dearth of even decent titles the first year that the system was released, as well as nation-wide shortages. The only difference is that the demand for the Wii is perhaps the highest in gaming history. Not even the vaunted Ps2 had this kind of demand a year after launch. There are also numerous stellar titles for the Wii, including Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honor 2, Resident Evil 4, and the Gamespot.com Game of the Year, Super Mario Galaxy. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, if as good as hyped, could make the system worth owning for that game alone.

So yeah! Get a 360! If you like sports, racing, and FPS games, it's great. Of course, the PC does FPS games much better. And the sports games aren't as impressive unless you have a 1080p television with HDMI hookups. And hey, the 360 is a ton of fun to send back to Microsoft every 5 months when you get a Red Ring of Death!

She asked about a Wii. So take your 360 love elsewhere. I doubt she's a big Halo 3 fan, so there's little reason for her to own an X-Box. :lol

jman3000
12-31-2007, 04:47 AM
:lol @ "360 love".

stop being such a tool. my comments were harmless and werent based on fact but off of what i perceived.

fucking fanboys.

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 08:43 AM
There are also numerous stellar titles for the Wii, including Zelda, Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honor 2, Resident Evil 4, and the Gamespot.com Game of the Year, Super Mario Galaxy. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, if as good as hyped, could make the system worth owning for that game alone.

So yeah! Get a 360! If you like sports, racing, and FPS games, it's great. Of course, the PC does FPS games much better. And the sports games aren't as impressive unless you have a 1080p television with HDMI hookups. And hey, the 360 is a ton of fun to send back to Microsoft every 5 months when you get a Red Ring of Death!

She asked about a Wii. So take your 360 love elsewhere. I doubt she's a big Halo 3 fan, so there's little reason for her to own an X-Box.

Yes, resident evil is an awesome game! loved it! and you're right about the 360. My brother is obsessed with Halo and wants a 360 so i'll just let him buy that system.

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
I found a couple of sites that had a wii for sale but one was this:
Sale price: $447.99
Nintendo Wii + Wii Sports (5 Games) + 2 Controllers + 1 Nunchuk + Wii Play (9 Games) --2PlayerBundle

and the other was $400. For those that already have one, is that what you paid for it?

Frank Brickowski
12-31-2007, 01:14 PM
I paid $250.00 for my Wii plus $50 for Wii games because it comes with an extra controller. I recommend signing up for Wii alerts and they will email and text you when they become available online somewhere. Amazon gets them periodically but you have to have the alert because they sell out in minutes.

SpursWoman
12-31-2007, 01:58 PM
I found a couple of sites that had a wii for sale but one was this:
Sale price: $447.99
Nintendo Wii + Wii Sports (5 Games) + 2 Controllers + 1 Nunchuk + Wii Play (9 Games) --2PlayerBundle

and the other was $400. For those that already have one, is that what you paid for it?

I paid $500 for one off of ebay last January for my son's birthday ... but it came with a few extra games and controllers.

SequSpur
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
We got ours at Costco. The kids like it alot, I haven't gotten used to it though... the boxing is dumb, but maybe it's cuz I get my ass kicked all the time.

robino2001
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
I bought via circuit city online - it was 250 for the core, then you had to buy an accessory (I bought the wii points card $20), and you had to buy two games or a game and a major accessory... I bought paper mario ($50?) and an additional controller ($40). The whole thing was... $360 plus tax...?

It wasn't bad, it didn't force you to buy stuff you didn't need - i made sure to work it for all things I needed, then I also bought the Wii Play game w/ the additional controller later and a controller charge and play set up. A lot of the packages you're forced to buy online are rip-offs though.

Cry Havoc
12-31-2007, 03:12 PM
:lol @ "360 love".

stop being such a tool. my comments were harmless and werent based on fact but off of what i perceived.

fucking fanboys.

My comment was more directed towards Kentu than you. Hence the fact that I pre-empted it with "the naysayers", if you would have actually read what I originally posted. Stop being so defensive and feeling the need to clarify your position, if it was so harmless. Bring up off topic shit in a thread that has nothing to do with the subject and I'm going to respond to it. She wants a Wii, makes a post about it, and a multiple individuals chimed in about the 360. What does that have to do with the OP? She knows what she wants. No one needs to tell her "what" to buy, and no one needs to turn it into a gaming thread, as we have one already. Talk about the 360 in that thread.

As for the fanboy comment, my console of choice is actually not a console at all. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost (you know, the system that does nearly every genre well). I just like the look of the Wii for my avatar, but I will probably be changing that soon.

Good effort at exposing me for a "fanboy" for bringing factual information into the topic, though.

baseline bum
12-31-2007, 03:13 PM
We got ours at Costco. The kids like it alot, I haven't gotten used to it though... the boxing is dumb, but maybe it's cuz I get my ass kicked all the time.

Keep getting points taken off for low blows?

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I paid $250.00 for my Wii plus $50 for Wii games because it comes with an extra controller. I recommend signing up for Wii alerts and they will email and text you when they become available online somewhere. Amazon gets them periodically but you have to have the alert because they sell out in minutes.That's a great idea, thanks! I signed up for alerts from newegg.com since they have them for $250. I'll have to look around for more alerts.

Sapphire
12-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I just read on another board they have about 10 Wii's at the Walmart at Potranco and 1604 right now. Hurry!

ploto
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
I know two people whose Wii's lasted about a month and broke.

First Comic Sitting
12-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Things get harder with your old age.

Making me the exception to the rule.

they have pills for that. :wakeup

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 04:14 PM
they have pills for that. :wakeup

Why were you the first comic to sit? That was funny.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Bring up off topic shit in a thread that has nothing to do with the subject and I'm going to respond to it. She wants a Wii, makes a post about it, and a

A SpursTalk thread going off the original intended path?

Inconceivable!

Cry Havoc
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
A SpursTalk thread going off the original intended path?

Inconceivable!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 04:40 PM
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

While we could continue this cycle, I refuse to let this turn into a "Princess Bride" thread.

T Park
12-31-2007, 05:47 PM
but maybe it's cuz I get my ass kicked all the time.

I would've thought your childhood and high school and college years would've prepared you for it.

tlongII
12-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Keep buying the Wii! It can only help the Mariners.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Keep buying the Wii! It can only help the Mariners.

They have a game where you shove the Wiimote up Bill Bavasi's ass?

johngateswhiteley
12-31-2007, 07:08 PM
wait, when they wii first came out wasn't it only about $200? pretty sure thats what i saw, and then it gets popular and everyone bids it up to ridiculous amounts? i don't understand this video game culture...

Cry Havoc
12-31-2007, 07:59 PM
wait, when they wii first came out wasn't it only about $200? pretty sure thats what i saw, and then it gets popular and everyone bids it up to ridiculous amounts? i don't understand this video game culture...

Don't trust your vision if that's the case. :lol The Wii was and always has been $250.

johngateswhiteley
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Don't trust your vision if that's the case. :lol The Wii was and always has been $250.

oh, ok. i just cannot believe how much people are willing to pay for this thing. granted, i don't play video games so i may not understand, but all this seems nuts.

nature and exercise are still free...fwiw.

Cry Havoc
12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
oh, ok. i just cannot believe how much people are willing to pay for this thing. granted, i don't play video games so i may not understand, but all this seems nuts.

nature and exercise are still free...fwiw.

Really? What kind of car do you own?

How much did you pay for your stereo system?

What did you give for your last computer, or the one you're posting to ST now on?

It might "seem nuts" to you, but I'd be willing to bet you have hobbies that you've paid out the mouth for. $250 in the grand scheme of things is nothing. People pay 10 thousand bucks for a stereo, or $55,000 for an SUV they really don't need just because it's shiny.

I hope you don't have any bad habits. Do you drink or smoke? Do you gamble? Play pool? Buy antiques or jewelry? Those are far more expensive and far less healthy than the Wii.

As far as exercise goes, hey, you're welcome to come to Chicago. We could go exercise outside right now! It's 19 degrees and snowing. :lol

johngateswhiteley
12-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Really? What kind of car do you own?

How much did you pay for your stereo system?

What did you give for your last computer, or the one you're posting to ST now on?

It might "seem nuts" to you, but I'd be willing to bet you have hobbies that you've paid out the mouth for. $250 in the grand scheme of things is nothing. People pay 10 thousand bucks for a stereo, or $55,000 for an SUV they really don't need just because it's shiny.

I hope you don't have any bad habits. Do you drink or smoke? Do you gamble? Play pool? Buy antiques or jewelry? Those are far more expensive and far less healthy than the Wii.

As far as exercise goes, hey, you're welcome to come to Chicago. We could go exercise outside right now! It's 19 degrees and snowing. :lol

1. don't own a car...i have a motorcycle and a bike
2. no stereo system
3. my computer was $1800 but its 3 years old and i'd hardly compare it to a wii (just got it fixed so i don't have to buy a new one for, hopefully, another 6 months)
4. don't smoke
5. i gamble and drink, but i win more than i lose
6. i live in Missoula, Mt...its colder longer here

i'm not your average person, that being said...my point is, i don't think it makes sense to overpay(1) for something thats going to increase your laziness mentally and physically(2). i am not trying to start anything or pick on anyone...i just see this country getting lazier and fatter and i guess scurrying around overpaying for game systems doesn't help.

...just my opinion.

T Park
01-01-2008, 02:45 AM
More preaching from the perfect people I see.

I'd like to get a Wii, but I don't want to pay 600 bucks.

I still haven't seen any solid ideas as where to get one.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-01-2008, 03:06 AM
Since people seem to have me on ignore, could somebody quote me and let people see this, please?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/search/ele?query=wii&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Kori Ellis
01-01-2008, 03:12 AM
Since people seem to have me on ignore, could somebody quote me and let people see this, please?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/search/ele?query=wii&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

:lol

Who has you on ignore?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-01-2008, 03:14 AM

Who has you on ignore?

Hell if I know, but people keep saying prices are ungodly high and it's like I'm back in the middle ages telling people the Earth is round.

LuvBones
01-01-2008, 03:23 AM
Thanks Johnnyblaze. :)

And johngateswhitley I appreciate your concern for the overweight and lazy but I stay fit so I will enjoy my wii, thanks.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Making me the exception to the rule.They have a pill that will fix that.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2008, 11:18 AM
FUCK - someone beat me to it. By a big margin too.

MannyIsGod
01-01-2008, 11:20 AM
:lol @ the people getting defensive about game systems.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM

Who has you on ignore?Who doesn't?

ShoogarBear
01-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Why were you the first comic to sit? That was funny.Also a couple hours later than it should have been.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

While we could continue this cycle, I refuse to let this turn into a "Princess Bride" thread.As you wish.

johngateswhiteley
01-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks Johnnyblaze. :)

And johngateswhitley I appreciate your concern for the overweight and lazy but I stay fit so I will enjoy my wii, thanks.

i'm happy for you...and you misspelled my name.

Avitus1
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Did you find a Wii? If not let me know they got tons around here...

Ginofan
01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
We got ours at the HEB Plus on the southside. Matthew says he sees them there all the time. Granted, it came in a bundle for about 399 but it was worth it. It came with 2 other games beside the Wii Sports and it came with and extra controller and nunchuck.

Mario Galaxy is the best game on the Wii so far, I played that thing for what felt like 72 hours striaight. We just downloaded some of the old school games off the Virtual Console. It's been ages since I've been able to play Super Mario Bros 3 but those old school graphics put a big smile on my face.

Xbox & PS are great if you're a serious gamer and into all that stuff, but the Wii, in my opinion, is for us people who just want to have careless fun gaming.

LuvBones
01-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Did you find a Wii? If not let me know they got tons around here...I haven't found one yet! Another poster said he had one for me but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll take one please! :)

Cry Havoc
01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
5. i gamble and drink, but i win more than i lose

How do you win more than you lose at drinking?

6. i live in Missoula, Mt...its colder longer here

Really? Do you go outside for exercise and random runs in the middle of January? It's now -6 outside. Even if you bundle up, you still risk damage to your system, not to mention injuring yourself when you slip and fall on ice and snow.

I'm 5'9 and 160 pounds. I can bench press much more than I weigh. And from all my experiences, the Wii is about 100x the workout of any other console that has ever been produced. In any case, it isn't meant to replace conventional exercise. It's a video game, after all. If you want to get upset over something, why not talk about the Playstation 3, which costs $600 and offers no physical benefits at all to playing?

i'm not your average person,

Not sure what you mean by this.

that being said...my point is, i don't think it makes sense to overpay(1) for something thats going to increase your laziness mentally and physically(2). i am not trying to start anything or pick on anyone...i just see this country getting lazier and fatter and i guess scurrying around overpaying for game systems doesn't help.

...just my opinion.

Your contention that someone is "overpaying" for something is rather open to debate. Who are you to judge what someone pays for an item that might be worth a lot to them, especially in the technology related field, which is always expanding? Value is a personal ideation and relative to each individual.

Secondly, studies have shown that video games offer numerous mental benefits. They improve hand-eye coordination, can reduce stress levels, sharpen visual perception (in some respects), and can also improve a person's ability to handle multiple stimuli simultaneously.

Lastly, videogames are, I daresay, a step up from TV in terms of what they offer, in that they are not completely passive entertainment. Nearly all the gamers I know are relatively active individuals. I think you are suffering from the misconception that if someone plays videogames, it's all they do. Which is understandable, but not accurate.

I would also like to offer you a challenge. Try playing the Wii for a solid 30 minutes. Do bowling, tennis, boxing, and baseball.

Now, I'm not saying it's a great workout. But I bet that some parts of your body are sore the next day. "Try it before you decry it."

blackbucket
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I haven't found one yet! Another poster said he had one for me but hasn't gotten back to me yet. I'll take one please! :)

LuvBones, here is a hot tip. I just bought a Wii at 2:00pm today at the GameStop on Military on the southside. It is right next to HEB. I don't remember the cross street but it is about 2 miles east of I-35. They had a few so hurry!

Good luck!

Cry Havoc
01-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah. I recommend calling all your local Gamestops to see if they have any Wii's available and checking on craigslist to see if anyone wants to sell one locally.

Just keep calling and checking! You will find one soon.

florige
01-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I asked just to be asking because I thiking about LB and the half of dozen other people I know who wants one, and the guys at gamestop were like february. I know Sony feels like jackasses because they were SURE that the PS3 was going to do so well. Turns out the Wii kicked their collective you know what....

exstatic
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Sony and MS got caught thinking inside the box. They basically took their existing boxes and added more power, storage, and with Sony, a Blu-Ray player. Nintendo intended for their platform to be for non-gamers, and they really hit the ball out of the park. I'm thinking that probably maybe 20% of Wiis are used by former PS and XB players and the rest are new gamers. Even though it's a gaming platform, they tapped an almost brand new audience.

johngateswhiteley
01-02-2008, 10:11 PM
How do you win more than you lose at drinking?

Really? Do you go outside for exercise and random runs in the middle of January? It's now -6 outside. Even if you bundle up, you still risk damage to your system, not to mention injuring yourself when you slip and fall on ice and snow.

I'm 5'9 and 160 pounds. I can bench press much more than I weigh. And from all my experiences, the Wii is about 100x the workout of any other console that has ever been produced. In any case, it isn't meant to replace conventional exercise. It's a video game, after all. If you want to get upset over something, why not talk about the Playstation 3, which costs $600 and offers no physical benefits at all to playing?

Not sure what you mean by this.

Your contention that someone is "overpaying" for something is rather open to debate. Who are you to judge what someone pays for an item that might be worth a lot to them, especially in the technology related field, which is always expanding? Value is a personal ideation and relative to each individual.

Secondly, studies have shown that video games offer numerous mental benefits. They improve hand-eye coordination, can reduce stress levels, sharpen visual perception (in some respects), and can also improve a person's ability to handle multiple stimuli simultaneously.

Lastly, videogames are, I daresay, a step up from TV in terms of what they offer, in that they are not completely passive entertainment. Nearly all the gamers I know are relatively active individuals. I think you are suffering from the misconception that if someone plays videogames, it's all they do. Which is understandable, but not accurate.

I would also like to offer you a challenge. Try playing the Wii for a solid 30 minutes. Do bowling, tennis, boxing, and baseball.

Now, I'm not saying it's a great workout. But I bet that some parts of your body are sore the next day. "Try it before you decry it."

wow...just wow. i'm sure some people play video games in moderation, but most of the video game players i know are lazy and overweight...of course there are exceptions. i think video games promote laziness and you'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. that being said, do whatever you want...

its not always -6 in missoula so i am not sure what your point is. i run outside, for rugby, at least 2 days a week and in a gym twice a week. there are all kinds of things you can do outside even in colder weather. i'd say the average temperature outside when i do sprints is 25-30 in the winter, i won't do it if its extremely cold, but i will jog...there is nothing wrong with jogging in extremely cold temperatures, absolutely nothing.

this isn't a personal attack towards you, maybe you do get enough exercise...thats great. fyi, benching your bodyweight isn't anything impressive and says nothing about your physical condition. we live in a country where people are fat and lazy...and video games don't help.

Fillmoe
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I haven't tried costco yet, thanks! Sapphire, I was playing my boyfriend's wii this weekend and it was so much fun! I can't wait to get my own.

:lol :lol

macdude06
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
i got mmine in june on criagslist...for 300...just be careful of some of the people...and get a reciept w/ it

theres hundreds on there...and most will lower the price...just depends on what u wanna pay to get it that day...not shipped...

tlongII
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Fillmoe FTW!

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 01:37 AM
wow...just wow. i'm sure some people play video games in moderation, but most of the video game players i know are lazy and overweight...of course there are exceptions. i think video games promote laziness and you'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise. that being said, do whatever you want...

I think you're making a generalization based on perceptions you have about who plays video games. You feel that nerds play them, and you feel that nerds are overweight and out of shape. I know a huge proportion of people who are both hardcore and casual gamers and they are all in shape. Why do you feel the need to segment a population like that? That's like saying anyone who drinks and gambles is out of shape. It's patently untrue. I am not trying to convince you of the relative fitness of gamers, I am simply pointing out a fallacy in your reasoning.

its not always -6 in missoula so i am not sure what your point is. i run outside, for rugby, at least 2 days a week and in a gym twice a week. there are all kinds of things you can do outside even in colder weather. i'd say the average temperature outside when i do sprints is 25-30 in the winter, i won't do it if its extremely cold, but i will jog...there is nothing wrong with jogging in extremely cold temperatures, absolutely nothing.

If you want to get really technical, jogging is one of the most stressful, impact-inducing activities you can participate in. Every step you take inflicts several times your body weight on your knee and ankle joints, and can be extremely damaging over time.

this isn't a personal attack towards you, maybe you do get enough exercise...thats great. fyi, benching your bodyweight isn't anything impressive and says nothing about your physical condition. we live in a country where people are fat and lazy...and video games don't help.

I never took it as such. And I didn't say I could bench my body weight. I used to run reps with my body weight, but it hurt my wrist, so I cut back on the amount of weight I lift at one time. It was merely an example that a person can play videogames (even avidly) and still live a healthy lifestyle, and many of them do. Videogames might not have been a boon to being in shape in the past, but are you really going to single out the ONE system that actually introduces cardiovascular activity and physical exertion and attempt to say how bad it is? Look at the 360, Ps3, or any OTHER console, because the Wii is a step in the right direction for games. Several YMCAs are using it as the basis for training programs. Nursing homes are using it to allow large groups of people to "bowl" without actually go to the lanes and risk serious injury.

Point blank, I feel what you said about how the Wii increases laziness is wrong, and there is substantial evidence to show that playing video games offers a number of benefits. Plus, you know, it's fun. And you can have fun with your alcohol. But you should know that it's unhealthy, has a number of dangerous side-effects, and can lead to laziness, alcoholism, and death.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 06:21 AM
I think you're making a generalization based on perceptions you have about who plays video games. You feel that nerds play them, and you feel that nerds are overweight and out of shape. I know a huge proportion of people who are both hardcore and casual gamers and they are all in shape. Why do you feel the need to segment a population like that? That's like saying anyone who drinks and gambles is out of shape. It's patently untrue. I am not trying to convince you of the relative fitness of gamers, I am simply pointing out a fallacy in your reasoning.

If you want to get really technical, jogging is one of the most stressful, impact-inducing activities you can participate in. Every step you take inflicts several times your body weight on your knee and ankle joints, and can be extremely damaging over time.

I never took it as such. And I didn't say I could bench my body weight. I used to run reps with my body weight, but it hurt my wrist, so I cut back on the amount of weight I lift at one time. It was merely an example that a person can play videogames (even avidly) and still live a healthy lifestyle, and many of them do. Videogames might not have been a boon to being in shape in the past, but are you really going to single out the ONE system that actually introduces cardiovascular activity and physical exertion and attempt to say how bad it is? Look at the 360, Ps3, or any OTHER console, because the Wii is a step in the right direction for games. Several YMCAs are using it as the basis for training programs. Nursing homes are using it to allow large groups of people to "bowl" without actually go to the lanes and risk serious injury.

Point blank, I feel what you said about how the Wii increases laziness is wrong, and there is substantial evidence to show that playing video games offers a number of benefits. Plus, you know, it's fun. And you can have fun with your alcohol. But you should know that it's unhealthy, has a number of dangerous side-effects, and can lead to laziness, alcoholism, and death.

cheese and rice.

enjoy supporting part of what is making this country fat and stupid...

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 10:14 AM
cheese and rice.

Have another beer there. While you're at it, go sit at a card table too, since that's definitely helping this country get in shape. Then maybe you can play some poker online or even watch it on TV. Both undoubtedly sharpen a person's mental acuity, right? Have fun supporting activities that are helping this country drink itself to death and plunge itself into gambling and credit debt. :rolleyes

CuckingFunt
01-03-2008, 11:30 AM
cheese and rice.

Bullshit.

Personal choice is what is making this country fat and stupid.

leemajors
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Bullshit.

how dare you hold people accountable for what they put into themselves!

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Bullshit.

yeah, people choosing to sit in front of the t.v. and play video games for hours instead of something more productive.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 11:51 AM
yeah, people choosing to sit in front of the t.v. and play video games for hours instead of something more productive.

Yeah, that's it. Because hundreds of thousands of people sitting for 3 days or a week straight at a poker table or slot machine, getting almost no sleep, drinking little else but beer/alcohol and eating casino food is the gateway to ultimate health. But you're right. It's ONLY video games that are at fault. :lol

My only thought is that I'm wondering if you had to get on the roof of your house to climb onto horse you're riding so highly.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah, that's it. Because hundreds of thousands of people sitting for 3 days or a week straight at a poker table or slot machine, getting almost no sleep, drinking little else but beer/alcohol and eating casino food is the gateway to ultimate health. But you're right. It's ONLY video games that are at fault. :lol

My only thought is that I'm wondering if you had to get on the roof of your house to climb onto horse you're riding so highly.

i am talking about video games, not other issues. btw, you sure do like to assume a lot.

...i live in a tipi, moving around from time to time living off the land.

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
i am talking about video games, not other issues. btw, you sure do like to assume a lot.

...i live in a tipi, moving around from time to time living off the land.

You brought an uninformed generalized opinion to a thread about someone wanting to find a game system. You then spoke out against such system and felt the need to state how pointless it was, and I'm simply responding to that. If you can't handle criticism, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to hop into a thread and voice your objections to what other individuals choose to do with their recreational time.

I didn't go into a "beer and gambling" thread and talk about how stupid or pointless it is, let alone blaming such activities solely for the decay of society as we know it. But if I did, I would certainly not expect people to laud my sentiment.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 12:29 PM
You brought an uninformed generalized opinion to a thread about someone wanting to find a game system. You then spoke out against such system and felt the need to state how pointless it was, and I'm simply responding to that. If you can't handle criticism, perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to hop into a thread and voice your objections to what other individuals choose to do with their recreational time.

I didn't go into a "beer and gambling" thread and talk about how stupid or pointless it is, let alone blaming such activities solely for the decay of society as we know it. But if I did, I would certainly not expect people to laud my sentiment.

i don't see whats so uninformed about video games helping promote a sedentary lifestyle. not to mention, probably lessening interpersonal skills as well as isolating ones self in a technological bubble.

as technology improves the more distant we become...

leemajors
01-03-2008, 12:42 PM
i don't see whats so uninformed about video games helping promote a sedentary lifestyle. not to mention, probably lessening interpersonal skills as well as isolating ones self in a technological bubble.

as technology improves the more distant we become...
yeah that whole email and internet thing is really pushing people across the world further apart.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 12:44 PM
yeah that whole email and internet thing is really pushing people across the world further apart.

i think its quite clear what i was talking about.

leemajors
01-03-2008, 12:47 PM
the nature of a sophism is quite the opposite.

johngateswhiteley
01-03-2008, 12:52 PM
the nature of a sophism is quite the opposite.
:blah :jack

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM

I think it's quite clear that you don't have the slightest understanding of what you're attempting to discuss. Would you like me to list research citing the numerous benefits of playing video games? I can. But I'm not sure that you would survive the fall from that 50 foot horse you're riding. Of course, you probably feel it's powerful enough to just leap right over science, because, "I'm right, damnit!" obviously suffices nicely in your world.

ATRAIN
01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Where in the world can I find one?! I've been looking everywhere! I thought they'd be easier to find after the holidays but nope. Please someone tell me where I can pick one up!

What will you give me if I can get you one?

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
What will you give me if I can get you one?

How YOU doiiin? :married:

ATRAIN
01-03-2008, 03:54 PM
How YOU doiiin? :married:

Havoc, stop flirting with me. Come on man!!

Cry Havoc
01-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Havoc, stop flirting with me. Come on man!!

Awww come on! I've got a Wii to play with! It's a bit used but it still works just fine! :devil

Shelly
01-03-2008, 04:22 PM
LuvBones...my neighbor got her son one for Christmas at Sears...also try Play and Trade on Bandera. A lot of people don't know it's there, so they may have some.

florige
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM

PM5K
01-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I probably wouldn't buy one from Craigslist unless I could find one at cost, everyone selling them on Craigslist wants to profit from their sale.

I would however, post in the wanted section asking people to let you know where they've seen them and I'm sure they'll help.

blackbucket
01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
LuvBones, here is a hot tip. I just bought a Wii at 2:00pm today at the GameStop on Military on the southside. It is right next to HEB. I don't remember the cross street but it is about 2 miles east of I-35. They had a few so hurry!

Good luck!

Just in case you didn't see this. They may be gone by now but they had a few yesterday.

tlongII
01-03-2008, 06:18 PM
I think LuvBones wants somebody to give her a Wii, she doesn't want to buy it.

PM5K
01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I think LuvBones wants somebody to give her a Wii, she doesn't want to buy it.

Nah, I don't think she's willing to do what she'd have to do to get one free...

LuvBones
01-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Just in case you didn't see this. They may be gone by now but they had a few yesterday.Thanks for that info blackbucket. I wish I saw this yesterday but I was soo sick I stayed in bed all evening. My whole body was aching, I was running a fever, and then I was getting up in the middle of the night to throw up. I will have to continue my search when I feel like myself again. I did check at gamestop and I got the same response that they won't get any until February. I called a lot of the places posted on here (heb plus, costco, target, circuit city, best buy) and nobody had it. I may be able to get one through a friend of mine though.. but I am still looking if anyone hears anything.

LuvBones
01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I think LuvBones wants somebody to give her a Wii, she doesn't want to buy it.I have no problem buying one, but if you'd like to just give me one I have no problem with that either. :D

macdude06
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
i ended up w/ 2 wiis...ill sale 1 or trade for a 360

LuvBones
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
PM sent. :)

dallaskd
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Go to Costco. They're loaded. geez...

inconvertible
01-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Wal mart in Carrizo Springs always has them.