PDA

View Full Version : New Strip Club Tax

mikeanthony21
12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
In the Texas Legislature's ever-expanding need to legislate morality throughout the state, a new tax goes into effect January 1, 2008 that slaps a $5.00 tax onto every single person walking into any gentlemen's club in Texas. So if you frequent these places, get ready to shell out at least $10.00 for your entertainment. The added revenue for the state would presumably go to programs aimed at counseling rape victims.

I'd like to know how our state legislators made the connection between Tiffany's Cabaret and sexual assault. This new tax, which is being challenged in court by a select group of "upper crust" gentlemen's clubs, will most assuredly put many of these clubs out of business.

Well hell, there's always Hooters!

T Park
12-31-2007, 12:57 AM
In the Texas Legislature's ever-expanding need to legislate morality throughout the state

Its not that.

Its more of a way for the government to control lives, and further take your money...

pussyface
12-31-2007, 02:34 AM
the Texas Taliban.

ronpaulronpaulronpaul

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-31-2007, 11:56 AM
In the Texas Legislature's ever-expanding need to legislate morality throughout the state, a new tax goes into effect January 1, 2008 that slaps a $5.00 tax onto every single person walking into any gentlemen's club in Texas. So if you frequent these places, get ready to shell out at least $10.00 for your entertainment. The added revenue for the state would presumably go to programs aimed at counseling rape victims.

I'd like to know how our state legislators made the connection between Tiffany's Cabaret and sexual assault. This new tax, which is being challenged in court by a select group of "upper crust" gentlemen's clubs, will most assuredly put many of these clubs out of business.

Well hell, there's always Hooters!

This is going to put strip clubs in Texas out of business? You pay at least $25 to walk into any decent strip club in Vegas.

You Texans are a bunch of cheap ass mofos.

Soul_Patch
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Do they still make strippers in SA wear those stupid ass pasties? and NOT let them wear thongs?

Such a joke...

BacktoBasics
12-31-2007, 03:22 PM
I remember when chics wore nothing and everything in the world was in harmony. Too much fucking trouble to get your fingers up around some granny panties for a little "extra action".

LaMarcus Bryant
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
I still cannot believe there was not a strong lobby against this shit.

tlongII
12-31-2007, 07:39 PM
That would never happen here in Portland. We have more strip clubs per capita than any other place in the country.

johngateswhiteley
12-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Its not that.

Its more of a way for the government to control lives, and further take your money...

i don't care for strip clubs, but i agree 100%. if they put a similar tax on cheeseburgers would you lose like 100 pounds?

...i'm only kidding.