PDA

View Full Version : 2007: Time To Say Goodbye.

RashoFan
12-31-2007, 01:16 AM
What major events happened to you this year?
I had to stop working on the Ambulance and I am reserves at my Fire Deptment due to an injury. Started a new job that pays better money and I am starting to get on my feet finacially. I fell in love and was completely heart broken and I am searching for my way.
I wish every one here a Happy, Healthy and Properous New Year!
:toast
To new begingings!

midgetonadonkey
12-31-2007, 01:19 AM
I lost most of my eyesight in my right eye. Doctors couldn't tell me why and they originally told me I had either a brain tumor or AIDS. After three days of having dozens and dozens of tests done including MRIs and spinal taps, they found nothing. My vision hasn't come back completely but at least I don't have the AIDS.

To not having the AIDS.

DannyT
12-31-2007, 01:46 AM
A lot of death was surrounding me in 07....it was strange....not all family of friends just people I lived next to or people at work, it was all over...some expected some out of no where....but finances are coming together debt is slowly a thing of the past and in 2007 I finally made it out of the ARMY ALIVE and some what SANE...I dont talk to you all much but thanks for keeping me entertained and informed....

KEDA
12-31-2007, 07:15 AM
After 8 years at Office Depot, I left them and started a new job at Honeybaked Ham.

And I freakin love it!!!

curtismedellin
12-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Quit USAA, for what I thought was a better job, got laid off, went thru unemployment for 2 months and found a job that I am totally satisfied doing and getting paid the best money I've ever made.

Seeing my younger daughter start high school, my older daughter going into her high school junior year and asking my girlfriend to marry me.

I wish everyone a prosperous and Happy New Year, success in all you do and the love of friends, family and opportunity for growth in every way!

:toast :toast :toast :toast :toast

DieMrBond
12-31-2007, 08:34 AM
My second son was born in August at home, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. My daughter turned 3, and my first son turned 1.

We bought a house (in the insane Australian housing market), which was fantastic :)

Life is actually pretty good at the moment!

HAPPY NEW YEAR (1 1/2 hours to go here)

katyon6th
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
2007 was the most profitable year for me financially but I don't have much to show for it except a lot of really nice purses and shoes. Plus, I like to get my nails done and go out a lot.

Also, I grew my hair out and it's gotten really long. And that makes me happy.

Cheers to 2008.

angel_luv
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
I was in a car accident but was blessed and found an awesome new car as a result.

There were a lot of co-worker changes ( long time people leaving; lots of new additions that came in) for me at both my jobs.
Parts of the transition were pretty painful. but I have re- adjusted and am optimistic about my future at both places.

Spurs won the championship and I was in the arena watching, so for the first time got to feel the confetti fall on me.

I stopped crushing on Rasho ( bet you guys didn't think I could do it), but Sho is still ( and always will be) one of my favorite basketball players.

I got a new housemate ( two actually since the one has a son). Christmas was a lot of fun this year with a kid in the house.

And best of all, I started writing for my own website- which is a fantastic experience and was a great emotional outlet for all the other stuff.

I say, bring on '08!

spurfan81
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
My son turned 2 in august and my wife and I had twins boys in October! It was a diffucult pregancy, but ended happily!

David@SLCC
12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
2007 was very good to me and my family.

I got promoted and moved to Beijing with my wife and daughters (it was a bit scary at first, but we are loving it now). Got a chance to travel around and visit many beautiful countries, which is something I could have only dreamed about not too long ago. Health has been good, though, I need to start losing weight.

Only drawback was that I became the uncle of the cutest baby girl in the world (my brother's first child), whom I -regretfully- haven't met yet as she lives thousands of miles away. That will be my goal for 2008.

Even though I rarely post here, I visit Spurstalk every day.

** 55 minutes to go here **

ashbeeigh
12-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Graduated from college :elephant

Lived on my own (for a while at least)

Got a real job (finally!)

Being a grown-up is hard!

Melmart1
12-31-2007, 10:36 AM
This was a very up and down year for me, but I am fairly optimistic about the coming year. Happy New Year to everyone! :)

JoeChalupa
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
2007 was a good year. No major illnesses or setbacks. We are employed with food on the table and a roof over our heads. Our marriage is as strong as ever. Thank God and hear is to a great 2008 for everyone. :toast

spurschick
12-31-2007, 10:48 AM
2007 was a year of learning and growth for me.

I was heartbroken with the death of my cat, but I have two 9-month-old kittens who shower me with love and it's made the loss that much easier.

As I watched more friends go through painful divorces/breakups, it reinforced my conviction in not compromising. Relationships should be about sharing and companionship, not about complete sacrifice.

I also realized that I may be reaching that burnout crossroads in my career. This next year may put me on the road to some serious change.

:toast to continuing the journey in 2008.

ploto
12-31-2007, 10:55 AM
My sig says it all--

MannyIsGod
12-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuck 2007. Goodfuckingbye.

MoSpur
12-31-2007, 11:26 AM
It was up and down for me too. I was sick this year more than ever and hated it. However, right before Christmas, I found out I will be a dad. I am so looking forward to 2008.

mrsmaalox
12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm happy that 2007 has passed without major illnesses or deaths in my family. I am hoping for a 2008 that is very good to my husband, as our separation has been very difficult for him; he remains strong and dedicated to restoring the lives of our country's wounded warriors. Our children are amazing! My 13yr old is 6ft tall and achieved his goal of being a starter on his schools 8th grade bball team. My daughter is 11, so beautiful and on her way to being a world class cellist. My 10yr old son is the cutest sci-fi loving, computer nerd ever! They have all matured and are growing up just as I dreamed they would. And as they achieve more independence, I find myself a bit bored and "itchy". Is 2008 the year I decide to re-enter the work place ? Nah, maybe I'll just go shopping instead!:lol The only drama of my year was a MAJOR falling out I had with my best friend over the summer. But we are better now, thanks to many hours of "heart to hearts", frozen cosmopolitans, and advice from all the other ladies of our social circle!
I wish every one of you and your loved ones a wonderful 2008!

SequSpur
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuck 2007. Goodfuckingbye.

I agree totally. This has been the worst year of my life. Back in April, I lost my best friend to a car accident. We've known each other since we were 5 years old. Life hasn't been the same. No more golf, no more hanging out, no more calls when that awesome shot happens, no more.......... etc..

I don't understand why something like this happens, leaving a wife, 2 kids and one on the way. The little girl was born a month ago. Beautiful little baby that will never get to see her father. I don't understand how God works.

Hopefully 2008 and the rest of the years will be okay.

-Kevin

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
This year has been so good to me. I got to see my favorite bands (front row!) play in Austin. I was awarded a nice lump of cash for a minor car accident. I have a new boyfriend and we're so in love.. our 1 year anniversary is coming up. My family has remained close and they're always there for me. The Spurs won! I got a new job that is just amazingly fun! I'm doing better in so many ways from the previous year, and I just hope 2008 is as good to me as this year has been. I can't ask for more. :toast

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
& something is wrong with my computer at work. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
& something is wrong with my computer at work. :lol

Throw it away and get a new one for 08.

Bigzax
12-31-2007, 12:25 PM
sorry about your friend sequ...very sad to hear...Godbless his family.

kingsfan
12-31-2007, 12:26 PM
2007 has not been good for me. My job burnt down so instead of driving 10 minutes, it now takes me over an hour depending on traffic. my car died so now I have payments that I can't affors, hence all the rest of my bills are behind.
2 relationships ended and my dog got sick and all the medicine, vet bills etc are killing me. He needs to hurry up and get better.
I'm hoping for a much better 08, hopefully a new job that pays more.
Happy New Year everybody :toast

LuvBones
12-31-2007, 12:35 PM
I hope next year is better for you Kevin and kingsfan. Stay strong and God bless..

duncan228
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Sequ, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard to get through any death, and one so senseless and tragic must be horrible to try to deal with. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family he left behind.

There are no answers for how God works, and sometimes it's hard to maintain faith. I hope you can find comfort in the memories of the time you had with your friend.

spurs=bling
12-31-2007, 12:42 PM
2007 hasn’t been that good of a year for me. My cousin who was in the Army was killed in Iraq a few months back. And I’ve had some other bad things happen, but so far things are looking better. So hopefully 2008 will be a better year.

desflood
12-31-2007, 12:57 PM
Every big thing this year had both good and bad to it. Spent our first full year in a new, huge house, which came with its own new, huge taxes. Our oldest was diagnosed with asthma, but at least now we know why he was coughing so damn much :lol . My husband got promoted to TSgt, but with that came the news that he will probably have to spend a year in Korea (without us). And we got a new kitty who is the sweetest thing alive but won't shut the f*ck up.

Overall, a good year.

SpursWoman
12-31-2007, 12:58 PM
After about 25 years of smoking, I quit ... and have been smoke free for 161 days and approximately $815.00.

The focus of 2008 will be to lose the 4,000 pounds I've gained since I quit. :(

BacktoBasics
12-31-2007, 01:27 PM
The economy kicked me in the balls this year, I'm down about 8k from last year. Lost an Uncle in Law to a bike accident and lost my Grandmother to cancer. All this Tony/Eva saga has me very upset too, hopefully Fred will sort all that out for us and we can move on. I've had enough of 07.

atxrocker
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
i agree with manny. 2007 sucked balls. went to jail, lost a job. left a job a liked (apple) for a higher paying one that i hate. 2008 better fucking rock.

duncan228
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM
All this Tony/Eva saga has me very upset too, hopefully Fred will sort all that out for us and we can move on.

:lmao

I have faith that fred33 won't let us down!

FromWayDowntown
12-31-2007, 02:18 PM
2007 seemed to go too fast for me to even notice. In most respects, my life is relatively unchanged -- still unmarried, still no kids, and still floundering to figure out how to address those things. As the years pass, those unaddressed matters seem to create a sense of emptiness that I try desperately to fight off by some optimism that things will eventually change.

I worked way too hard at the office,including a stretch of being in the office for at least 5 hours for 51 of 55 days between late June and mid-August. At least it was rewarded with a nice bonus and a nice raise.

On the plus side, I paid off a major debt. I became godfather to my best friend's son. I got to sit on the first row at a Spurs game in Indianapolis in April and see them win another championship in June. And I have gone an entire year now without caffeine!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

angel_luv
12-31-2007, 05:05 PM
After about 25 years of smoking, I quit ... and have been smoke free for 161 days and approximately $815.00.

Wow-how awesome. I'm very proud of you!

Congrats. :)

velik_m
12-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Happy new year!

timvp
12-31-2007, 07:29 PM
All things considered, 2007 was a great year. I really can't complain about anything. I have a great wife that makes everyday a fun day. Quality and cool parents. Three younger brothers who are already smarter than timvp and doing well in school. Everyone in my family is healthy.

For me personally, couldn't be much more satisfied than I was in 2007. The Princess is the best. Health good. Finances good. Happiness good. Oh and the only team in any sport I'm a fan of won championship number four. Getting to watch every game and enjoy it with The Princess was again great.

:tu @ 2007

In 2008, the first thing I want to do is take The Princess out a bit more. Between work and the Spurs, we didn't have much free time at all. We didn't go watch a movie all year ... we didn't even get to rent a movie or watch one on TV. Hopefully we can have some more free time in 2008.

HNY.

:cooldevil

ShoogarBear
12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
:lol What did Kori make you take out?

Status quo for me for the most part. I got a couple more new job titles that will require me to either give up some old ones or go insane. Some family health issues that will probably come to a head in 2008.

But the Spurs won.

Condolences to those of you who had major losses.

alamo50
01-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Great year!

Got my health, got my girl, got my car, got my job, became a Godfather and had my 7th trip to the US watching our Spurs while meeting the new faces and the old (no offense).

Bad part: it can bot get any better.......

makedamnsure
01-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm really excited for this year since I'm going to Spain for spring break and I become a senior in the fall.

Sapphire
01-01-2008, 11:42 PM

The focus of 2008 will be to lose the 4,000 pounds I've gained since I quit. :(

Congratulations! I quit 4 years ago this March. They say you have to gain 100 pounds before you put yourself into the same health risk zone. I'm sure you haven't gained 4000.

My problem was replacing my after meal smoke with an after meal sweet. I just could not function until I had something sweet. Well, for me, something sweet leads to more of something a little sweeter. I managed to gain about 20 pounds over 3 years. The best thing for me has been South Beach, which killed my sugar craving, but I would never recommend that for anyone, because people think it's a fad diet, and I don't feel like having to defend my decisions.

Anyway, kudos to you! You've done the best thing for yourself and your kids! I remember those days when I still knew what day I was on, too. Now I have to log into quitnet and check my stats, but it really doesn't matter anymore. I am so never going to smoke again, and I hope you get to that point as well.

SpursWoman
01-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I remember those days when I still knew what day I was on, too. Now I have to log into quitnet and check my stats, but it really doesn't matter anymore. I am so never going to smoke again, and I hope you get to that point as well.

I have to check into the Chantix website a couple of times per week to get mine. I think I finally lost track the day I passed the "I'm too scared to drink alcohol in case I have a relapse" test at our work Christmas party.

And maybe not 4,000 ... but you'd be surprised how much weight you can gain in 5 months. Especially when your replacement hobby turned out to be cooking. :fro

ATRAIN
01-02-2008, 08:32 AM
06 ended with my grandfather passing away right before the new year, then 2 weeks later in the beginning of 07 I lost a uncle on the same side of the family due to a heart attack. It was an eye opener to say the least. 07 Was pretty much a big health year for me. I started working out hard again and started boxing. In 08 im going to improve on health and working out/boxing. For those of you with bad years in 07, its time to start fresh, good luck and happy new year.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-02-2008, 10:46 AM
The biggest change for me this year was that I had a year of relative stability. Same job, same house, same wife, same pets. Fate was kind enough to save its curveballs for the last ten days of the year. In the good column my wife and family were able to peacefully coexist on Christmas morning. In the bad I found out my grandmother's health is failing, though at 89 years old it's not unexpected. In the undecided column there's the fact that my sister and my best friend (who is currently going through a divorce) are sort of dating. They are perfect for each other and make a cute couple, but the timing and his baggage leave me a little concerned.

2008 promises a return to entropy as easjer really gets into the nitty gritty of her new job, we work to erase our debt, remodel a room or two, and attempt to start a family.

Spurminator
01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
All in all, it was a good year. It was my first year in a new job with better hours and pay (but more stress), and my wife also got a much better job than her previous one, so we are finally able to put quite a bit of money into savings.

My house was robbed early in the year, but we actually came out ahead after replacing everything... (aside from our stolen dignity and sense of security.) Basically traded a 27" tube TV for a 46" DLP, an X-Box I never played for a Wii, two regular DVD players and a VCR for a portable DVD player and a DVD/VCR combo and upconverter. I have a lot fewer DVDs than I had before we were robbed, but I was able to get the essentials back and the rest will be easy to replace over time.

My brother moved in with us in September so he could find a job in the area and get some money saved for an apartment and school. At times, it's been like practice for raising a teenager, but it's been an overall positive experience... we've gotten extra help on some house projects that we had been putting off.

I took up home brewing, and I played some live shows with some friends in a band and we hope to do more of that this year... new management at the storage unit we were using for practice kicked us out, so we're been on a bit of a hiatus while we try to find a real practice space (and time when we can all get together).

I did lose an aunt that I wasn't particularly close to, but other than that I was fortunate not to lose any loved ones. I've been blessed in that I'm 28 and all four of my grandparents are still living, though two of them saw their health deteriorate rapidly in the second half of the year... This past Christmas was the first time I've really considered the fact that it might be the last time I'd see them, so it was uncomfortable at times... the same goes for three of my wife's grandparents. I am afraid I may be attending some funerals in 2008.

Here's hoping for a great 2008 for everyone in the SpursTalk community. God bless.