PDA

View Full Version : The Gap Between Spurs and other Teams

Rummpd
12-31-2004, 01:38 AM
These are the type of games Spurs use to give away large lead, team creeps back but no mas. Spurs are ready to steamroll league rest of way and my earlier prediction of 63 might be conservative.

The gap.

Heat and Sonics - large, got to give em both respect until Spurs humiliate them down the road. Heat if get there could test Spurs to 6 games.
Suns - great gap, last game no accident.
Pistons, Wolves, Pacers, Dallas - huge at present could go up and down but cannot see these teams beating this Spurs team this year.

All others = just forget about it.

MadDoc

Jimcs50
12-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Is wider than TPark's ass.

:)

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 01:42 AM
Damn, that's got to be at least 20 points. :lol

Solid D
12-31-2004, 01:44 AM
I know it's tempting to get euphoric about the Spurs' recent performances but look, the Spurs have to play 4 games in 5 days, or something like that.

They have to play the Lakers next Tuesday and Pacers next Thursday, coming back from the road. They are bound to be feeling a little weary by then, unless they can preserve their minutes and energy via their bench.

Jimcs50
12-31-2004, 01:45 AM
I know it's tempting to get euphoric about the Spurs' recent performances but look, the Spurs have to play 4 games in 5 days, or something like that.

They have to play the Lakers next Tuesday and Pacers next Thursday, coming back from the road. They are bound to be feeling a little weary by then, unless they can preserve their minutes and energy via their bench.

You forgot Sacto on Sunday...they are overrated, but they are decent at home.

Solid D
12-31-2004, 01:47 AM
Make that 4 games in 6 days and 5 games in 8.

Yeah, you're right, Jim. Sac ain't no slouch although they tend to fade in the 4th due to lack of depth.

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:39 AM
Sacramento plays no defense,

try again.

LA Indiana, mediocre teams, and you saw tonight what this team is gonna start to do to mediocre teams.

Denver will be tough early but later its a blowout due to Denver management screwing up the season.

Spurs should go undefeated in the next week.

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 02:42 AM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/images/johnny07.sm.jpg

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:43 AM
This message is hidden because SequSpur is on your ignore list

Get on a stool and speak up, I cant hear you.....

RobinsontoDuncan
12-31-2004, 08:59 AM
i think the spurs are never better than a team they couldnt beat, once they figure out how to do to seattle as seattle does to us, then we have trully become the most unstoppable team in the league. And yes, it is important to remember that we have not beat the Heat with Dwayne Wade

boutons
12-31-2004, 09:13 AM
"how to do to seattle as seattle does to us"

WTF? do you mean "how does Seattle put the Spurs to sleep for one quarter"?

Sonics did NOTHING to the Spurs, the Spurs themselves failed to play any O or D in the 2nd qtr of 2nd SEA loss, fell behind 19 pts @half.

iow, it's the Spurs' choice whether they win or not, not the choice of the opponent.

Jimcs50
12-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Sacramento plays no defense,

try again.

LA Indiana, mediocre teams, and you saw tonight what this team is gonna start to do to mediocre teams.

Denver will be tough early but later its a blowout due to Denver management screwing up the season.

Spurs should go undefeated in the next week.

Try again???

I said they are decent at home...11-4 at home is not decent???

TPark, I think you just want to be contrary to every little statement I make...I think you have a problem. :rolleyes

Frenchise player
12-31-2004, 11:13 AM
the biggest difference betweeen the spurs and the other teams is that they have a great defense and offense, none other elite team has such balance.
Another point is that Seattle, Phoenix and Miami which are currently the other big teams in the league don't have the spurs playoff experience, the teams that used to be spurs rival such as LA Lakers, Sacramento and Dallas seems to be more weak than last year.

ALVAREZ6
12-31-2004, 12:49 PM
the biggest difference betweeen the spurs and the other teams is that they have a great defense and offense, none other elite team has such balance.
Detroit.

EXcept they are sucking this season.

Last season, they had great D and had so many offensive weapons. :fro

wildbill2u
12-31-2004, 01:20 PM

It's still early in the season to be talking about a gap between the Spurs and other teams BUT if there is a gap, it's the bench and the valuable contribution that the Spurs get out of it night after night.

The depth of the Spurs will negate a lot of the travel weariness and problems with back-to-back games because Pop has the luxury of playing the starters less minutes than most teams.

Dex
12-31-2004, 01:58 PM
Detroit.

EXcept they are sucking this season.

Last season, they had great D and had so many offensive weapons. :fro

It's because they lost Okur. :lmao