PDA

View Full Version : Is there any official Spurs fan club in Argentina ?

kuato
12-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Well this thread might be insteresting only for argentinian spurs fans ... the title says it all, like a soccer "peña" but about spurs :P.

WalterBenitez
01-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Well this thread might be insteresting only for argentinian spurs fans ... the title says it all, like a soccer "peña" but about spurs :P.

I'm not sure, probably in Bahia Blanca (Manu's town) or in Cordoba (Fabricio's towm).

Here in BA is almost everything about other sports.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Well this thread might be insteresting only for argentinian spurs fans ... the title says it all, like a soccer "peña" but about spurs :P.Probably not in BA, as basketball doesn't even appear on the radar here. Like Walter said, Bahia Blanca probably.

kuato
01-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Probably not in BA, as basketball doesn't even appear on the radar here. Like Walter said, Bahia Blanca probably.
Well , great news to me if there is one spurs fan club in Bahia, I'm from Punta Alta. Anyone can confirm of Denny this ?.

Cian
01-01-2008, 10:06 PM
There is one in Chile, starts with me, and ends with me :(.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2008, 10:45 PM
There is one in Chile, starts with me, and ends with me :(.Chile? Cool. You need to ask Kori for a flag.

The rest of you guys, too.

kuato
01-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Chile? Cool. You need to ask Kori for a flag.

The rest of you guys, too. I think we must get in contact with each other to join forces. Aother question ... is there any Spurs Talk spanish forum ?
:wtf

Kori Ellis
01-02-2008, 03:13 AM
We are considering making a Spanish forum soon.

As for the person from Chile, we (timvp and I) are probably going on vacation there soon - maybe next month.

vanvannen
01-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Kori, Chile is a very beautiful country. Wich area are you visiting? are you dropping by Argentina as well?

Cian
01-02-2008, 01:07 PM

As for the person from Chile, we (timvp and I) are probably going on vacation there soon - maybe next month.

That's awesome, i went on an exchange program to San Antonio this year, for about 6 months so that i could go to some Spurs games. Best decision ever. :spin

If you decide to come PM me and ill send you a message with interesting things to do here, must see places, etc.

urunobili
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I think we must get in contact with each other to join forces. Aother question ... is there any Spurs Talk spanish forum ?
:wtf
well... i dunno how much fans there are here in Uruguay... i don;t think i am the only one... if there is a club in Argentina i could take a ferry for some meetings or something... :clap

Kori Ellis
01-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Kori, Chile is a very beautiful country. Wich area are you visiting? are you dropping by Argentina as well?

I don't know where it is exactly. I will ask timvp. His family owns property there and that's where we will stay when we go. He has been there before, but I have never been.

Yes, we would likely come to Argentina too. He has family there as well.

We are planning the vacation either in February or maybe in July.

That's awesome, i went on an exchange program to San Antonio this year, for about 6 months so that i could go to some Spurs games. Best decision ever.

If you decide to come PM me and ill send you a message with interesting things to do here, must see places, etc.

Thanks!

How did you like San Antonio?

diego
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm an argie but i live in chile- if i can help you guys with anything feel free to ask.

basketball has actually become quite a bit more popular here (5 years ago, you'd find the same 15-20 people playing pickup games, now there are the same 50-60 + young kids looking on (i dont know of more than 6 free courts in this city of 6.5 million!), but there is still a ways to go. the horrible media coverage doesnt help- the only way to get any NBA news or games is on cable, save for two channels that do weekly 5 minute summaries of the NBA season on the sunday news. so if you are poor and chilean, you have 5 minutes access to the NBA a week, which means about 2 minutes of game footage. the internet is good for those who know, but you have to be a fanatic to do that (/looks aimlessly away...) :lol

Bruno
01-02-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't think Spurs have an official fan club in Argentina or in Europe but it could be great if Spurs had a "peña" system like FC Barcelona. I highly doubt something like that happens a day.

diego
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
ehh might as well plug my shop- if you guys like to eat I have a nice bakery (bread boutique, actually :lol) and i'd be happy to invite you for a meal

you can check out the website at:
http://www.sabordebuenosaires.com

WalterBenitez
01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
There is one in Chile, starts with me, and ends with me :(.

:clap I don't why you are always ahead of us :pctoss

WalterBenitez
01-02-2008, 04:15 PM

:clap My dear Kori, that would be a nice gift for 2008 !!!

duncan228
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
We are planning the vacation either in February or maybe in July.

I'm thrilled for you two. In his goodbye '07 post timvp mentioned not having enough time together outside of work and the Spurs. I hope your plans come together and that you'll both have a wonderful time!

BigBigSpur
01-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Are there any more Manu forum except ManuGinobili.com?

I just know that we are about to establish a Chinese forum. Well, it's not mature now. But it will before the Olympics. Welcome to BeiJing, Manu!
http://chinaginobili.uu1001.com/

WalterBenitez
01-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Are there any more Manu forum except ManuGinobili.com?

I just know that we are about to establish a Chinese forum. Well, it's not mature now. But it will before the Olympics. Welcome to BeiJing, Manu!
http://chinaginobili.uu1001.com/

:oops it is in chinese? :lol

BigBigSpur
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
:oops it is in chinese? :lol
Yes, except a few words, "Born to be a Miracle".

kuato
01-03-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't think Spurs have an official fan club in Argentina or in Europe but it could be great if Spurs had a "peña" system like FC Barcelona. I highly doubt something like that happens a day. ---> Well, the peña system could be a great nexus between the soccer fans world and the NBA, i think something like that could contribute a lot with the internationalization of NBA.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Yes, we would likely come to Argentina too. He has family there as well.
Wha-whaa-whaaaaaat?

How did the CoM miss this little gem?

Kori Ellis
01-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Wha-whaa-whaaaaaat?

How did the CoM miss this little gem?

:lol I'm not sure.

I think timvp has mentioned before that his late grandfather was from Argentina.

urunobili
01-03-2008, 06:59 AM

I think timvp has mentioned before that his late grandfather was from Argentina.
lol... now every time he speaks gr8 of Manu and/or Oberto will be under the scope for being part of the Argie Church!!! :drunk

smeagol
01-03-2008, 07:56 AM

And he also played pro soccer?

WalterBenitez
01-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Kori

How long will you stay around, you will need time to spend in Sotuh America!

MaNuMaNiAc
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey Kori, pm me with the details of where and when you´re coming here. I would love to meet both of you