PDA

View Full Version : Warriors@Mavericks game thread

SpursDynasty
01-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Early start to thread.

Warriors 116
Dallas 95

The beginning of the end for Dallas begins.

SAtown
01-01-2008, 04:11 AM
:elephant :clap :clap :clap

mavsfan1000
01-01-2008, 04:20 AM
I hate this matchup. Fucking Warriors.

Shank
01-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Early start to thread.

Warriors 116
Dallas 95

The beginning of the end for Dallas begins.

Oh, so it begins now? Not at the beginning of the season when you also predicted it? Or maybe it will start in April when you 'predict' it again? March? Give us something to work with here. Cunt.

Amarelooms
01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
More than likely the Mavs lose....if GS is knocking down they 3's for get it they win by 20. Just a bad matchup for the Mavs.....Mavs gotta avoid them in the playoffs at all costs.

td4mvp3
01-01-2008, 12:13 PM
just to throw it out there, do the mavs gain nothing from already having beat the warriors this year? and they just spanked atlanta, a team that's a step or so behind the warriors.

lurker
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
just to throw it out there, do the mavs gain nothing from already having beat the warriors this year? and they just spanked atlanta, a team that's a step or so behind the warriors.
Well, they didn't beat a full Warriors team. The Warriors were playing without Jackson and Pietrus.

BonnerDynasty
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Mavs barely beat the Jacksonless Warriors. I will watch this game for sure.

Tippecanoe
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
mavs got no chance. warriors got their number

SpursDynasty
01-01-2008, 02:07 PM
This will be another routine type of victory for GS. No big deal if they win. It is fun to watch Dallas lose though.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I hate this matchup. Fucking Warriors.

Me too. Even if we win this game, it means jackshit. The Warriors OWN us. They KNOW that the Mavs have them in their heads especially Dirk. We barley beat them in November without their other Mavs killer in Stephen Jackson and needed Davis to miss a WIDE OPEN 3 to pull that game out.

traitoravery
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
If Dampier has a big game I think the Mavs could pull it out.

Tony Parker 09
01-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Warriors will win Mavericks..
Warriors is very good team,Step.Jack and Baron good leader and they make everything on this floor for team.Another than,Baron and Jackson is good form last days.

Mavericks,this season,not good.
Center problem for Mavericks,Dampier and Diop not enough for Mavericks.
I think Avery will go this team.Because Avery too not enough for Mavericks idea.He is not good coach for my eyes.

Amarelooms
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Warriors is very good team,Step.Jack and Baron good leader and they make everything on this floor for team.Another than,Baron and Jackson is good form last days.

I think Avery will go this team.Because Avery too not enough for Mavericks idea.He is not good coach for my eyes.

Ummm English please :elephant

sribb43
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
If Dampier has a big game I think the Mavs could pull it out.

Well since Damp has a good game every few months and since he already had a double double on saturday against the Hawks, the chances of him playing well this game are minimal

dirk4mvp
01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
I got this strange feeling that the team with the most points will win.

lurker
01-01-2008, 05:18 PM
The odds of that happening are slim.

Flight3107
01-01-2008, 06:21 PM

Well said

Armando
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Another halfcourt heave by Baron Davis?

Armando
01-01-2008, 06:24 PM

:lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Well said
:rollin

Matchman
01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey stop being a prick and pick on other people's english level.
I dont think the Warriors can beat the Mavericks anymore because Jason Richardson was a key part of their last year's playoff run.

Trainwreck2100
01-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I dont think the Warriors can beat the Mavericks anymore because Jason Richardson was a key part of their last year's playoff run.

It's not their english level, it looks like a case of google translation gone awry

m33p0
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Well since Damp has a good game every few months and since he already had a double double on saturday against the Hawks, the chances of him playing well this game are minimal

mavs fans think damp is an awesome center. they're making a bid to make him the west' starting center for the all stars.

atxrocker
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
lmao@trainwrecks sig.

dirk4mvp
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
mavs fans think damp is an awesome center.

You've never seen mono's posts have you? :lol

SpursDynasty
01-01-2008, 07:32 PM
The Warriors are just fine without Richardson.

The league screwed them the first 7 games.

They are 18-7 with Jackson in the lineup.

dirk4mvp
01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
The Warriors are just fine without Richardson.

The league screwed them the first 7 games.

They are 18-7 with Jackson in the lineup.

The 18 wins with him in the lineup are fluke wins. No way they win those games if their opponents hit shots they would usually hit. Just got lucky 18 times with him in the lineup is all.

td4mvp3
01-01-2008, 08:03 PM
The 18 wins with him in the lineup are fluke wins. No way they win those games if their opponents hit shots they would usually hit. Just got lucky 18 times with him in the lineup is all.

angel_luv
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Let's go Warriors!

:D

Dirk Nowitzki
01-01-2008, 08:58 PM

J-Rich was their 3rd best play last year. The 2 main Mav Killers were Baron and Jackson especially in the clutch. This Azubuka kid seems like hes fitting in nicely as well. The sad part is Ellis and Harrington were non-factors in that series and they still kicked our asses. Imagine how much worse we would have lost to them if those 2 had been factors. This team can get any basket they want, they can bully the hell out of us, taunt us, make us lose our composue and get into our heads, and they have the players to shut our offense down especially Dirk.

KidCongo
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM

spot on i say

Shank
01-01-2008, 10:29 PM
O/U on half-court/behind the back/eyes closed miracle shots hit by the Warriors is at 3 right now.

ATX Spur
01-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Ummm English please :elephant

Easy, jackass. English is obviously a second or third language for him/her. I bet you would sound pretty foolish trying to say the same thing in French.

ShoogarBear
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Easy, jackass. English is obviously a second or third language for him/her. I bet you would sound pretty foolish trying to say the same thing in French.Actually, he does fine sounding foolish in English.

slayermin
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM

I thought this dude was from Boston.

ludda
01-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Warriors get up especially for the Mavs. Mavs will lose, maybe even blowout. I will be surprised if Dirk even shows up.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Playing on the road has not bothered the Golden State Warriors lately, but they are about to visit what may be the most unfriendly environment they will face all season.

A very unpleasant atmosphere likely awaits the Warriors on Wednesday in their first trip back to Dallas since they stunned the Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs.

"With what's gone on over the past year and a half between these teams, any time we meet it's going to be a big game," Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse said after his team won 120-115 at Golden State on Nov. 8.

That was the first matchup between the teams since the Warriors upset the league-best Mavericks in six games, including a Game 1 victory in Dallas, to become the first No. 8 seed to win a best-of-seven playoff series.

Baron Davis tormented the Mavericks throughout that series, averaging 25.0 points, 6.2 rebounds and 5.7 assists, and he nearly rallied the Warriors (19-13) to victory in the only meeting this season. He scored 15 of his season-high 37 points in the fourth quarter, but missed a potential game-tying 3-pointer in the final seconds.

That defeat, which ended Golden State's five-game regular season win streak over Dallas (20-11), was part of an 0-6 start for the Warriors. They have not lost back-to-back games since, going 19-7 to climb to seventh in the Western Conference standings and within 1 1/2 games of the fourth-place Mavs.

"We have more of a rivalry with San Antonio or Phoenix, but the way the Warriors have been playing, it can definitely turn into one," reigning MVP Dirk Nowitzki said after the Nov. 8 meeting.

This is the eighth time playing on the road in the past 10 games for Golden State, which has won five of six away from home. The Warriors are looking to complete a perfect three-game road trip after impressive wins on back-to-back nights, beating Northwest Division-leading Denver 105-95 before defeating Houston 112-95 on Monday.

Davis again came up big in the latest win, scoring or assisting on six of Golden State's first eight baskets of a fourth quarter in which his team outscored the Rockets 37-15. Davis finished with 23 points, seven assists and six rebounds.

"Any time we're in the fourth quarter and we're trying to get some buckets, we'll just put the ball in Baron's hands and we start playing off him," said Stephen Jackson, who had 18 points. "That's been highly successful for us."

Davis has averaged 26.8 points and 9.0 assists over the last five games.

Nowitzki has not been as effective recently for Dallas, shooting 40 percent from the field and 4-of-14 from 3-point range in the last three games. The Mavericks lost two of those games, though they are coming off a 97-84 win over Atlanta on Saturday.

Nowitzki surely would like to use Wednesday's game to break out of his minor slump after being highly criticized for his poor playoff series last season versus Golden State, shooting 38.3 percent and getting held to 19.7 points per game.

Nowitzki had 22 points and 11 rebounds in the first meeting this season.

He was 8-of-19 from the field for 22 points Saturday as the Mavericks shot below 44 percent and were held under 100 points for the third straight game.

"We know we're a good shooting team," said Mavs guard Jason Terry. "Shooters keep shooting."

Dirk is subtly trying to dismiss G.S as if G.S. is the team that's been losing in this match up. He's right though, for it to be a rivalry, both teams have to exchange wins/losses, the Warriors have dominated, winning 10 of the last 14 overall meetings.

timvp
01-02-2008, 05:15 AM
Somehow, someway the Mavs and Warriors have to again meet in the first round :hungry:

Run
01-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Can't wait for the game... I hope Josh can contain Stephen Jackson, since this guy has been lights off this year.

m33p0
01-02-2008, 07:03 AM
baron davis and stephen jackson are gonna walk into dallas with a smirk on their face. :oink

stretch
01-02-2008, 09:00 AM
O/U on half-court/behind the back/eyes closed miracle shots hit by the Warriors is at 3 right now.
It's the freakin truth man. I swear I never see a team hit as many bizzare shots as the Warriors do against the Mavericks.

Shank
01-02-2008, 09:23 AM
It's the freakin truth man. I swear I never see a team hit as many bizzare shots as the Warriors do against the Mavericks.

I'll be at the game tonight and will likely utter the phrase "You've got to be fucking kidding me" about 12 times.

stretch
01-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I'll be at the game tonight and will likely utter the phrase "You've got to be fucking kidding me" about 12 times.

Pretty much. Although Jason Richardson was one of the main ones who would hit the bizzare shots, so we don't have to worry about him as much.

dickface
01-02-2008, 09:49 AM
The power GS holds over the Mavs is incredible. Baron Davis went from "overrated bricklaying ballhog who is always hurt" to "basketball Jesus" simply from hitting lucky shots against Dallas.

nickdakoolkat
01-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Somehow, someway the Mavs and Warriors have to again meet in the first round :hungry:

Yeah, but the Dubz will have the homecourt advantage this time around! I can't wait for tonight's game, the warriors feed off of opposing crowds cheering against them...especially all those homer Mav fans who still beleive we only beat them through hitting lucky half court shots :blah
I mean if we only won every game by a few points I could understand, but we DOMINATED! The Warriors made their own luck by busting ass and sticking to their game. As for JRich, I sincerely miss the guy as Dubz fan...but so far I have no complaints with the team Mullin has put out on the court as Azubuike and Monta have filled in nicely in his absence....

monosylab1k
01-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but the Dubz will have the homecourt advantage this time around! I can't wait for tonight's game, the warriors feed off of opposing crowds cheering against them...especially all those homer Mav fans who still beleive we only beat them through hitting lucky half court shots :blah
did you forget your password to log in as dubsball?

Shank
01-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I can't wait for tonight's game, the warriors feed off of opposing crowds cheering against them...especially all those homer Mav fans who still beleive we only beat them through hitting lucky half court shots

Ha! Shows what you know! The fans at the game won't have a clue unless you shoot a fucking t-shirt out of a cannon. Advantage: Dallas.

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 06:44 PM
For every thread SpursDynasty makes about the Spurs, he makes 4 about the Mavericks.

LEONARD
01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Notice he doesn't post much in the Spurs forum...he knows he'll be torn to shreds over there...we love him in here though... :lol

nickdakoolkat
01-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Ha! Shows what you know! The fans at the game won't have a clue unless you shoot a fucking t-shirt out of a cannon. Advantage: Dallas.

Your right, thats my fault...I assumed that the fans there would have enough mental capacity to remmeber what happened last spring...guess i gave you too much credit. But I don't understand how the Mavs having stupid fans would in any way benefit the Mavs?!?!

ludda
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't really see a rivalry between the mavs and warriors either. certainly not on the scale of our rivalry with the mavs and suns.

nickdakoolkat
01-02-2008, 07:40 PM
^^^I would tend to agree, on the Warriors side of things we don't hate the Mavs...maybe its cuz we always beat them. But we hate the Lakers with a passion (especially Faker fans!!!!)

mikejones99
01-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Sjax>dirk

boutons_
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
"baron davis and stephen jackson are gonna walk into dallas with a smirk on their face."

they combined for 1 for 12 in 1st qtr

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I can't believe the dumbass Dallas announcers. "He may have flopped a little bit there" "Well he nicked him a little bit"

WTF that was a clear straight up elbow.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Note: G.S. doesn't need to beat Dallas. G.S. has nothing to prove. So if Dallas wants a cheap victory, go for it.

Flight3107
01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Devin Harris is making his own highlight reel

Flight3107
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Warriors are just missing shots they are supposed to miss

Findog
01-02-2008, 09:28 PM
I can't believe the dumbass Dallas announcers. "He may have flopped a little bit there" "Well he nicked him a little bit"

It was both, douchetard. Eddie caught Monta with the elbow and he flopped to exaggerate the contact and sell the call.

m33p0
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
"baron davis and stephen jackson are gonna walk into dallas with a smirk on their face."

they combined for 1 for 12 in 1st qtr

this is the reason for the smirk

Note: G.S. doesn't need to beat Dallas. G.S. has nothing to prove. So if Dallas wants a cheap victory, go for it.
:oink :oink :oink

m33p0
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Devin Harris is making his own highlight reel
i bet his mom is gonna love that! :dramaquee

StylisticS
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
It was both, douchetard. Eddie caught Monta with the elbow and he flopped to exaggerate the contact and sell the call.

Stop presenting facts to SpursDynasty. You will confuse him.

lurker
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM

:lol I love your excuses.

Flight3107
01-02-2008, 09:32 PM
i bet his mom is gonna love that! :dramaquee

Im sure she will :donkey

Spawn
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM
With Devin out of the game the Mavs offense stagnates.

ludda
01-02-2008, 09:42 PM
harris>> terry from what ive seen this season.

I expect GS to get hotter, interesting to see if Mavs can sustain their high FG, probably not.

td4mvp21
01-02-2008, 09:46 PM

:lmao

That was the worst flop ever. You could see the contact and then about a second later Ellis jumped back.

dirk4mvp
01-02-2008, 09:48 PM
The Warriors are only shooting 37%? They must be taking spotup j's and open layups. When they start shooting 1 legged fadeaways with their heads turned around and eyes closes, I expect that to rise to about 92%

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, G.S. is missing easy shots. Baron and Jackson are uncharacteristically shooting a low percentage.

I would not expect them to combine 4-for-18 from the floor in the 2nd half...Harrington is keeping GS in it...Still anyone's game.

ludda
01-02-2008, 09:55 PM
The Warriors are only shooting 37%? They must be taking spotup j's and open layups. When they start shooting 1 legged fadeaways with their heads turned around and eyes closes, I expect that to rise to about 92%

:lol that sounds about right. we all know mavs can't sustain big leads anymore.

m33p0
01-02-2008, 10:01 PM
don't you know that a one-million-to-one-chance never misses?
(terry pratchett fans would know this)

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Dwight Howard losing tonight is enough to make my night.

So if GS loses, no big deal.

mikejones99
01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
are the dallas cheerleader there, like the one a few posts above?

boutons_
01-02-2008, 10:16 PM
2 possession game with 15 mins remaining.

Harris with 4 fouls.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
GS just needs to take care of business in 4th, and they'll get the easy W.

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 10:25 PM
GS just needs to score more points than the Mavs and they will win.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:26 PM
I think GS has been playing down to the level of Dallas....yet they only trail by 4 points...game is easily within reach, GS needs to speed things up and stop playing Dallas-level ball.

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
I think GS has been playing down to the level of Dallas....yet they only trail by 4 points...game is easily within reach, GS needs to speed things up and stop playing Dallas-level ball.

Spawn
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
GS just needs to take care of business in 4th, and they'll get the easy W.

Could somebody verify this.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, this game reminds me so much of last season: The opposing team handing the game to Dallas, all coin-flip calls going Dallas' way.

You sense that even if Dallas wins this, it won't mean much. Kind of bittersweet for Dallas fans.

Flight3107
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Dallas is just trying to shoot some shots.

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow, this game reminds me so much of last season: The opposing team handing the game to Dallas, all coin-flip calls going Dallas' way.

You sense that even if Dallas wins this, it won't mean much. Kind of bittersweet for Dallas fans.

The only thing that doesn't mean much is what comes out of your mouth. No one here takes you seriously, not even your fellow spurs fans.

Spawn

I think the Warriors need to take your advice.

Findog
How do you like that spin move by Stackhouse SpursDynasty? How bout Dirk stuffing Jax twice?

Findog
01-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Looks like the Mavs have gone a long ways towards figuring the Dubs out.

Kriz-Maxima
01-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Thats the SpursDynasty jinx right there.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not really impressed by Dallas, G.S. is underplaying tonight.

Spawn
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
How do you like that spin move by Stackhouse SpursDynasty? How bout Dirk stuffing Jax twice?

That was some nice D by Dirk that preceded it.

StylisticS
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I'm not really impressed by Dallas, G.S. is underplaying tonight.

ratm1221
SpursDynasty is crying right now. Please leave him alone. :cry

Amarelooms
FUCK GOLDEN STATE.....still dont want to face them in the playoffs but nice win by the Mavs

dirk4mvp
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Is the game over yet? All the boxscores I'm seein say there's still time left.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Bonehead displays of the year:

1. Mikki Moore throwing gang signs vs. the Spurs.
2. Brandon Bass yelling like some wild animal just for one dunk.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm not crying, Dallas still lost the first round last year. GS didn't need this game tonight, just a routine game for them, nothing to prove.

Amarelooms
01-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Bonehead displays of the year:

1. Mikki Moore throwing gang signs vs. the Spurs.
2. Brandon Bass yelling like some wild animal just for one dunk.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH :elephant

atxrocker
i need to know the score and how much time is left

Spawn
I'm not crying, Dallas still lost the first round last year. GS didn't need this game tonight, just a routine game for them, nothing to prove.

You're joking right? Every game that the Warriors play against the Mavs is a big deal to them.

Amarelooms
01-02-2008, 10:51 PM

Wow what happend to Golden State in the next round? Only team that can talk shit is the Spurs....makes no difference when you lost

Findog

it's over. dallas raped them.

Amarelooms

Mavs by 20 plus with just under 3 mins to go :elephant

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Golden State 93
Dallas 116
2:51 left

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM

93-116 2:51 left

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 10:53 PM
You're joking right? Every game that the Warriors play against the Mavs is a big deal to them.

What do they have left to prove vs. Dallas....including tonight's loss vs. Dallas they are: 6-3 in the last 9 regular season games vs. Dallas, won 10 out of the last 15 contests overall. Oh and there's also winning a playoff series vs. Dallas..and one of the playoff games Dallas won had both Baron and Jackson ejected, and the last win had Jackson suspended.

This game isn't a big deal to GS.

Spawn
01-02-2008, 10:53 PM
it's over. dallas raped them.

With no vaseline

Findog
01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Let's put it this way: Dallas shouldn't worry about the Warriors anymore. They got whatever they wanted

ratm1221
01-02-2008, 10:55 PM
What do they have left to prove vs. Dallas....including tonight's loss vs. Dallas they are: 6-3 in the last 9 regular season games vs. Dallas, won 10 out of the last 15 contests overall. Oh and there's also winning a playoff series vs. Dallas..

Because everyone said that their win in the playoffs was a miracle and a fluke?

Findog
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
We have a Bellinelli, Mbenga and Patrick O'Bryant sighting!

m33p0

Spawn
Is Diop in the doghouse?

m33p0
01-02-2008, 10:57 PM
With no vaseline
that's the way to do it! make the thugs feel the pain! :lol

Amarelooms
01-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Is Diop in the doghouse?

Nope....either Diop or Bass is gonna play not both. Depends on matchups :elephant

StylisticS
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
And Bass is perfect against the Warriors.

Final 121-99 Dallas.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Because everyone said that their win in the playoffs was a miracle and a fluke?

Like I've said before, last playoff's #1 vs. #8 playoff match up was really more of a #4-#5 seed match up.

Dallas' record was heavily inflated by the officials all regular season long. They're more of a #4 seed than a 67-win team.

Warriors' record was deflated due to injuries. They're more of about a #5 seed.

A #5 over a #4 seed isn't a miracle or fluke. It is what it is.

Warlord23
01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
So what exactly happened? I see that GS took the middle 2 quarters but Dallas badly outclassed them in the 1st and the 4th. Did Avery throw a different defense at Nelly ... looks like BD got shut down.

Spawn
And Bass is perfect against the Warriors.

Final 121-99 Dallas.

Did the Mavs trade for him or did they get him in free agency?

monosylab1k
Is Diop in the doghouse?
He should be, he's been playing like his name is Dampier lately.

Brandon Bass kicks the shit yet again.

Findog
01-02-2008, 11:03 PM
So what exactly happened? I see that GS took the middle 2 quarters but Dallas badly outclassed them in the 1st and the 4th. Did Avery throw a different defense at Nelly ... looks like BD got shut down.

Golden State couldn't defend Dallas. They couldn't hit anything to start the game, fell behind by 18, fought back to get it to 89-85 to start the fourth, and then they just fell apart: Dallas got a lot of points in the paint, good ball movement, and they forced a lot of turnovers and broke the game open. Baron sucked, Harrington and Jax kept them in the game.

Findog
Did the Mavs trade for him or did they get him in free agency?

FA signing.

ludda
Im impressed that mavs caught Davis on a 2-14 night, usually he goes for 50 on them right?

Nice win for the mavs.

SpursDynasty
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, Houston lost tonight, Dwight Howard lost tonight, but Dallas beat G.S.

Two out of three ain't bad.

Kriz-Maxima
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Predicting a Houston loss against Boston isnt a bold prediction. Dwight didnt loss, the Magic did.

Amarelooms
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Predicting a Houston loss against Boston isnt a bold prediction. Dwight didnt loss, the Magic did.

Without Tmac and they lost by like 4 lol :elephant

angel_luv
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I expected Dallas to choke away this game.

Looks like I under estimated the Mavs... this time, anyway.

dirk4mvp
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Aww, everyone, let's cry because one of angel_luvs shitty euro boy crushes lost. :(

Findog
01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I expected Dallas to choke away this game.

Looks like I under estimated the Mavs... this time, anyway.

boo fucking hoo. why don't you pull out your vibrator and pull out your poster of rasho?

mavs>spurs2
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
boo fucking hoo. why don't you pull out your vibrator and pull out your poster of rasho?

LMFAO

Spawn
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi-jack alert: Bulls win 3-1 with new coach.

dirk4mvp
01-02-2008, 11:33 PM
:rollin @ Findog

mavsfan1000
01-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Mavs win all the games they get up for. This year, it's been the teams in the east that have given the mavs problems or they are just not as inspired.

Spawn
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Mavs win all the games they get up for. This year, it's been the teams in the east that have given the mavs problems or they are just not as inspired.

Could it be they are coasting? And people were ready to blow up the team just a month ago.

Amarelooms
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM

That is uncalled for man...treat a lady with respect....even if she is a homer against the Mavs :elephant

Findog
01-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Baron sucked, but it's nice to see the way the Mavs took it to the Warriors and didn't back down.

td4mvp21
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
Let's put it this way: Dallas shouldn't worry about the Warriors anymore. They got whatever they wanted

Because they finally started playing their game against them. No smallball war.

ludda
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Because they finally started playing their game against them. No smallball war.

Yes that's what I thought too. Dampier and Bass made a difference since the last time GS played them. And Dampier did the little that he does inside in that first half.
On the other hand, I doubt Baron and Sjax have such terrible shooting nights against the Mavs again, Baron looked like his new years was a little too festive.

angel_luv
01-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Why the hostility?

I said I thought wrong and I under estimated your team.

I wish the Mavs lost.
But every dog has its day and I am willing to own up the fact that this was Dallas'.

Spawn
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Yes that's what I thought too. Dampier and Bass made a difference since the last time GS played them. And Dampier did the little that he does inside in that first half.
On the other hand, I doubt Baron and Sjax have such terrible shooting nights against the Mavs again, Baron looked like his new years was a little too festive.

Well Jackson still got his points and if Baron is on his game, then I doubt Harrington would have stepped up the way he did.

Findog
01-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Why the hostility?

Because you do nothing but talk shit about the Mavs. Some of us want to talk hoops, not discuss how cute the players are. Spurs have scoreboard when it comes to titles, there's no disputing that. But I'm not here to stir things up.

angel_luv
01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Because you do nothing but talk shit about the Mavs. Some of us want to talk hoops, not discuss how cute the players are. Spurs have scoreboard when it comes to titles, there's no disputing that. But I'm not here to stir things up.

Oh good gosh. :rolleyes :dramaquee

Go enjoy your win before the play offs start and you don't get them anymore.

I'll leave you to it.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:03 AM

I'll leave you to it.

Good solid take. I learned something about basketball. Job well done.

td4mvp21
01-03-2008, 12:06 AM

I'll leave you to it.

:lol Dang Angel, I've never seen you talk this much shit.

Kriz-Maxima
01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
You are acting like a little bitch Findog. Your team won, dammit. You are just looking for someone to argue with.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:08 AM
:lol Dang Angel, I've never seen you talk this much shit.

All she does is talk shit. That's fine, I'm not a board nanny, talking shit is a necessary part of what makes up a board, but bring something else to the table. Anything at all. I can respect shit talk from somebody with credibility.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:09 AM
You are acting like a little bitch Findog. Your team won, dammit. You are just looking for someone to argue with.

No, it's just the same old posters that always pop up. At least SpursDynasty is entertaining.

mavsfan1000
01-03-2008, 12:15 AM
All she does is talk shit. That's fine, I'm not a board nanny, talking shit is a necessary part of what makes up a board, but bring something else to the table. Anything at all. I can respect shit talk from somebody with credibility.
I think you forgot this is a spurs board. We are in hostile territory. Don't expect great treatment here. It's a rivalry and there will be some that just talk shit.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 12:19 AM
:lmao at angel getting owned.
To be honest she was one member I gave much respect to, but ever since she started nagging about Avery getting his jersey retired she's been getting a little lower on the respect.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:20 AM
I think you forgot this is a spurs board. We are in hostile territory. Don't expect great treatment here. It's a rivalry and there will be some that just talk shit.

Oh, I know, I don't expect rose flowers and petals, but it's one thing for a knowledgeable spurs fan to talk shit, that I can deal with, but some pink-Rasho Spurs jersey-wearer, that's just offensive.

pking
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Is it wrong that even as a female fan, I never (or very rarely anyway) take other female fans seriously? It's not really even just the fans -- the female sports broadcasters, journalists, etc... Eh.

Shank
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Those overrated, wannabe, thug, gangster, poser, fucking guntoting, shit-talking cocksuckers from the left coast got everything they had coming to them tonight. Maybe don't say the Mavs are soft next time, Baron 'Brick' Davis.

Steven Jackson the answer? What's the question? What gap-toothed strip club shooter thinks he's among the NBA's best yet couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn?

Piece of shit team. Can't defend. Gimmicky offense that streaks down the court without an offensive set being called. Hacks. All of them.

Suck my Maverick cock.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Is it wrong that even as a female fan, I never (or very rarely anyway) take other female fans seriously? It's not really even just the fans -- the female sports broadcasters, journalists, etc... Eh.

It really doesn't matter what your gender is as long as you know your stuff. Having said that, is it sexist that most of us were surprised to learn that Duncan228 was a chick?

pking
01-03-2008, 12:28 AM
It really doesn't matter what your gender is as long as you know your stuff. Having said that, is it sexist that most of us were surprised to learn that Duncan228 was a chick?

That's the issue, they seem to rarely know their shit. Of course I'm sure people think the same about me. Ah, whatever.

pking
01-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Those overrated, wannabe, thug, gangster, poser, fucking guntoting, shit-talking cocksuckers from the left coast got everything they had coming to them tonight. Maybe don't say the Mavs are soft next time, Baron 'Brick' Davis.

Steven Jackson the answer? What's the question? What gap-toothed strip club shooter thinks he's among the NBA's best yet couldn't hit the broad side of a fucking barn?

Piece of shit team. Can't defend. Gimmicky offense that streaks down the court without an offensive set being called. Hacks. All of them.

Suck my Maverick cock.
:lol Jeez.

How was the atmosphere?

DubMcDub
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Im impressed that mavs caught Davis on a 2-14 night, usually he goes for 50 on them right?

Nice win for the mavs.

Sorry bud, but nobody "caught" anyone on a bad night. Baron was well defended and didn't make his normal BS 35 foot 3's. It wasn't some odd coincidence that he was 2-14.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM

Suck my Maverick cock.

It's like the Mavericks had Fred Dryer on their side, from tv's Hunter.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 12:33 AM
I usually assume every member is a guy unless they have something in their profile that proves the member is a woman.

Shank
01-03-2008, 12:35 AM
It's like the Mavericks had Fred Dryer on their side, from tv's Hunter.

Ooh! Hunter! Get him on the phone for me!

Atmosphere was pretty good. But the crowd still doesn't respond at the right times. It's as though they're too used to watching games on TV. High energy and a lot of noise once they could breathe after opening it up to start the 4th. It's really not that great of a basketball venue and would obviously be a lot louder if the AAC were built just for the team, but what can you do?

I especially liked when Nelly gave up (standard) and put in his scrubs. Mavs kept the better lineup out for a bit and eventually put in their own, but the Mavs "scrubs" were still a pretty good lineup of Harris, Diop, Bass, George and Hassell.

Fuck Baron Davis' beard, too. Fuck it right in the mouth.

td4mvp21
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM

Suck my Maverick cock.

Easy there :lol

pking
01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
I usually assume every member is a guy unless they have something in their profile that proves he/she is a woman.

Me too. Which is probably pretty bad since I have nothing to really show that I'm a chick. Eh, whatever. I suppose I could put a little pink glittery 'I heart the Mavs' avatar so people would know... :lol Ah, just kidding.

dirk4mvp
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
speaking of chicks, whatever happened to ponky?

Shank
Easy there :lol

I had to. I hate those motherfuckers now.

The Spurs are a great rivalry, but it's like fighting Apollo Creed. He's very good and you respect the hell out of him and it makes for a great fight.

But the Warriors are Drago. Asshole killed your best friend and you just want to beat the dogshit out of him right in front of his bitch wife with the butch haircut. And they're probably all communists, too.

E20
Angel is nice, but she is pretty annoying when it comes to talking about basketball.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 12:39 AM
unless they have something in their profile that proves he/she is a woman.
Did I just write that? :lmao

td4mvp21
01-03-2008, 12:40 AM
speaking of chicks, whatever happened to ponky?

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Ooh! Hunter! Get him on the phone for me!

Fred Dryer was Hunter? Is that like common knowledge?

Atmosphere was pretty good. But the crowd still doesn't respond at the right times. It's as though they're too used to watching games on TV. High energy and a lot of noise once they could breathe after opening it up to start the 4th. It's really not that great of a basketball venue and would obviously be a lot louder if the AAC were built just for the team, but what can you do?

I think the arena doesn't have the coziness or feel of Reunion. The sightlines in the upper deck are fine, but you're really far away from the action, and the lower bowl is filled with Addison and Highland Park douchebags that sit on their hands and have to be prompted by Humble Billy. I think it's a great facility in a lot of ways, but I wish the Stars didn't exist so it could be tailored more towards basketball presentation.

Fuck Baron Davis' beard, too. Fuck it right in the mouth.

It's good to not just beat them, but take it right the fuck to them. For once we were the ones doing the hitting in the mouth and they were the ones sitting there and taking it.

pking

04-05 and 05-06 I went to a shitload of games and the atmosphere was almost always great. I only made it to a handful last year and I could tell it had gone down hill a bit. This year I've only been to one and it was pretty fucking shitty...I was disappointed. Watching it on TV this year isn't quite as enjoyable because of Brad Davis. Gah, dude bores me almost as much as the monotone head of our legal department at work. I still love watchin' the games, obviously -- but I wish they'd bring back Bob-O or stick crazy ass Coop on TV.

td4mvp21

The Spurs are a great rivalry, but it's like fighting Apollo Creed. He's very good and you respect the hell out of him and it makes for a great fight.

But the Warriors are Drago. Asshole killed your best friend and you just want to beat the dogshit out of him right in front of his bitch wife with the butch haircut. And they're probably all communists, too.

I understand. They've been pretty cocky towards Dallas since the playoffs. Plus no one wants to lose to the 8th seed.

pking
01-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Did I just write that? :lmao

I quoted it and didn't even notice...lol

dirk4mvp
01-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Angel is nice, but she is pretty annoying when it comes to talking about basketball.

Probably because she doesn't know what the fuck she is talking about. But all shitty euro players are cute though.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:45 AM
04-05 and 05-06 I went to a shitload of games and the atmosphere was almost always great. I only made it to a handful last year and I could tell it had gone down hill a bit. This year I've only been to one and it was pretty fucking shitty...I was disappointed. Watching it on TV this year isn't quite as enjoyable because of Brad Davis. Gah, dude bores me almost as much as the monotone head of our legal department at work. I still love watchin' the games, obviously -- but I wish they'd bring back Bob-O or stick crazy ass Coop on TV.

There's too many Cougar MILFS in the lower bowl. That's fine if I'm watching on tv, or if I sneak down to seven rows behind the Mavs bench and there's one sitting right next to me, but they are lousy fans.

And I totally second the props to Coach O. He Can Do That 4Life! Yeah, he's corny at times, but he knows basketball and I always learn something from the way he breaks down plays. Brad Davis is such a spare, he says shit like "Nice pass by Devin there" without going into why it was such a good pass.

pking
01-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Brad's a homer and it's really annoying. Bob's like a teacher. Coop is a maniac but he's fun to listen to.

Findog
01-03-2008, 12:53 AM
As far as this game goes, it doesn't come close to erasing the bitterness and frustration of last spring. But it's nice to see the Mavs take care of the Warriors with ease. They could very well meet in the playoffs again, and the Mavs could definitely use the confidence boost of knowing that they can not only beat these guys but beat them handily.

duncan228
01-03-2008, 12:58 AM

I usually assume every member is a guy unless they have something in their profile that proves the member is a woman.

I came into this thread backwards. How did I know when I read Mr. Bottomtooth's post that I was going to find my name somewhere? :lmao

It's only sexist if your opinion of my posts changed when you discovered I wasn't what you thought I was.
(It doesn't matter if you like/dislike or agree/don't agree with what I post. It only matters if your opinion changes because I'm a woman.)

td4mvp21
01-03-2008, 01:00 AM
I came into this thread backwards. How did I know when I read Mr. Bottomtooth's post that I was going to find my name somewhere? :lmao

It's only sexist if your opinion of my posts changed when you discovered I wasn't what you thought I was.
(It doesn't matter if you like/dislike or agree/don't agree with what I post. It only matters if your opinion changes because I'm a woman.)

You're not a man!??!!?!?!?!?!

Kidding

Dirk Nowitzki
01-03-2008, 01:20 AM
PAYBACK IS A BITCH GOLDEN STATE. TAKE THAT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS! GUESS WHAT NBA? GUESS FUCKING WHAT? YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! THE FUCKING DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE BACK BITCHES! THEY ARE FUCKING BACK! YESSSS! GOD I FUCKING LOVE THESE GUYS! THEY PLAY WITH THIS KIND OF HEART...CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! THEY HAVE IT IN THEM. I FUCKING KNOW THEY DO. JUST DO THIS NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT COME PLAYOFF TIME AND CUBAN WILL BE ABLE TO RAISE THE TROPHY WHILE DIRK HAS TEARS OF JOY HOLDING HIS FINALS MVP! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :elephant :elephant :elephant :clap :clap :clap :elephant :downspin: :santahat :elephant :clap :clap :clap

m33p0
01-03-2008, 01:24 AM
PAYBACK IS A BITCH GOLDEN STATE. TAKE THAT YOU MOTHER FUCKERS! GUESS WHAT NBA? GUESS FUCKING WHAT? YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! THE FUCKING DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE BACK BITCHES! THEY ARE FUCKING BACK! YESSSS! GOD I FUCKING LOVE THESE GUYS! THEY PLAY WITH THIS KIND OF HEART...CHAMPIONSHIP BABY! THEY HAVE IT IN THEM. I FUCKING KNOW THEY DO. JUST DO THIS NIGHT IN AND NIGHT OUT COME PLAYOFF TIME AND CUBAN WILL BE ABLE TO RAISE THE TROPHY WHILE DIRK HAS TEARS OF JOY HOLDING HIS FINALS MVP! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :elephant :elephant :elephant :clap :clap :clap :elephant :downspin: :santahat :elephant :clap :clap :clap

wow... must have been one impressive orgasm, huh?

Dirk Nowitzki
01-03-2008, 01:27 AM
wow... must have been one impressive orgasm, huh?

NAH DAWG ITS FUCKING FAITH. NOTHING BUT GOOD OLD FAITH I HAVE IN THESE FUCKERS! I FUCKING BELIEVE IN THEM. MY NEWS YEARS RESOLUTION IN THE SPORTS WORLD IS TO FUCKING SHOW IT AND STOP HOLDING MYSELF FROM GETTING EXCITED. FUCK THAT SHIT! IM BACK JUST LIKE THE DALLAS "WE WILL FUCK YOU UP" MAVERICKS! M-A-V-S MAVS! MAVS! MAVS! :clap :clap :clap

Kriz-Maxima
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM

Ah, i love Rocky! ADRIAN I DID IT!

DazedAndConfused
01-03-2008, 01:38 AM
The W's will be exposed for the gimmicky team that they are in the playoffs. The way they play they can certainly rack up a good number of regular season wins, but come playoff time when teams really develop their game plans against them they will be exposed. They have relied so much on Baron to win the game for them during 4th quarters I knew the bottom would fall out eventually. When Baron shoots poorly the W's are toast against good competition.

nickdakoolkat
01-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Dallas only won because Baron had his worst game of the year. Although I look at this as a rivalry game as a fan, the Dbz shouldn't be too pissed for going 2-1 on a tough 3 game trip vs Denver, Dallas, and Houston...Im just trying to cheer myself up after tonights terrible game.....

ShoogarBear
01-03-2008, 02:59 AM
:lmao @ Mav Fan popping his jersey in this thread.

1Parker1
01-03-2008, 07:33 AM
As far as this game goes, it doesn't come close to erasing the bitterness and frustration of last spring. But it's nice to see the Mavs take care of the Warriors with ease. They could very well meet in the playoffs again, and the Mavs could definitely use the confidence boost of knowing that they can not only beat these guys but beat them handily.

:lol Which begs the question why couldn't they get the job done last season? Virtually the same teams minus a few role player changes.

u2sarajevo
01-03-2008, 08:35 AM

WTF that was a clear straight up elbow.http://i17.tinypic.com/8664c5w.gif

dude1394
01-03-2008, 08:59 AM
:lol Which begs the question why couldn't they get the job done last season? Virtually the same teams minus a few role player changes.

The main culprit imo was that in the last two games Avery has run with the warriors instead of trying to walk it up and out-execute them. Both games this year the mavs have been at the 120 mark, in the playoffs when we walked it up, it allowed them to setup their zones and traps.

They are not a very disciplined team and their transition defense is not very good at all. Utah also pushed it against them.

Second culprit is that the offense has become much more than only a terry/dirk pick and roll. Lot's more motion, more cutters/screens. If you noticed dirk really scored from all over the place last night.
Much better all-around offense it appears to me.

We played Dampier all game as well even though Harrington wore us out in the first half.

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 09:30 AM

This has to be the best analogy I've seen.

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Brad Davis is such a spare, he says shit like "Nice pass by Devin there" without going into why it was such a good pass.
why does he have so much love in the Mavs organization? He was a spare in his career and he sucks even worse at broadcasting. They really need to fire him and then unretire his number and give it to a more worthy Mavs player like Nick Fazekas.

Followill/Ortegal was some greatness and they ruined it. I have a feeling they did it because they didn't want the two Masters Of Suckage (Cooperstein/Davis) to continue ruining the radio broadcast, but the switch has made both broadcasts worse. Davis brings nothing to the TV broadcast, and you can tell Ortegal is bitter as hell about his demotion since all he does now is shit on Cooperstein. The radio broadcast is interesting only because I am awaiting the inevitable Coop/Ortegal live throwdown.

Findog
01-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Erick Dampier's torn rotator cuff, Dirk's bone spurs, and the Mavs mistakenly falling into the briar patch of slowing things down when you should be speeding it up and running with the Warriors. You beat Golden State actually by running with them, because their shot selection won't be as good:

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/01/mavericks-follow-correct-prescription.html

1Parker1
01-03-2008, 09:55 AM
^Please do not use the "injury" excuse for the loss to the Warriors last season. That may have been a minor factory....but no way was a bone spur and injury to your 2nd string center the reason for the loss.

Findog
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
^Please do not use the "injury" excuse for the loss to the Warriors last season. That may have been a minor factory....but no way was a bone spur and injury to your 2nd string center the reason for the loss.

Dampier played a total of 17 minutes in that series. Did you watch what he did last night? If he had been healthy, the result might have been very, very different. He's a starter, btw.

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Erick Dampier's torn rotator cuff, Dirk's bone spurs, and the Mavs mistakenly falling into the briar patch of slowing things down when you should be speeding it up and running with the Warriors. You beat Golden State actually by running with them, because their shot selection won't be as good:

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2008/01/mavericks-follow-correct-prescription.html
Did they really try to slow things down? I know at times that they tried that strategy, but for the most part wasn't last year a case of the Mavs trying to run with GS and failing?

From what I remember, the biggest problems in that series was Avery trying to run small with GS, Jason Terry's inability to make a wide open shot ever, the total lack of respect for Devin Harris' jumper, no low post presence, and Dirk's total lack of aggression.

Last night Avery commanded the tempo of the game, Jason Terry wasn't a brick machine, Devin Harris could hit a jumper from time to time, Brandon Bass was a MF'er in the post, and Dirk was aggressive. They played Mavs ball and won.

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
IMO Bass is the big difference maker. When he's playing under control and is aggressive on defense, he can neutralize run-n-gun teams.

Also the fact that Dirk didn't puss out. That's always the biggest deciding factor in any Mavs game.

Shank
01-03-2008, 10:03 AM

It's not THE excuse, but it's certainly a hindrance to what they could have done. But who knows if Avery would have played him anyway? It looks as though he grew up a little last night in trusting his centers and not falling into the trap of a smaller lineup. I guess you have to get your ass kicked and humiliated a few times before learning.

Findog
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Did they really try to slow things down? I know at times that they tried that strategy, but for the most part wasn't last year a case of the Mavs trying to run with GS and failing?

From what I remember, the biggest problems in that series was Avery trying to run small with GS, Jason Terry's inability to make a wide open shot ever, the total lack of respect for Devin Harris' jumper, no low post presence, and Dirk's total lack of aggression.

Last night Avery commanded the tempo of the game, Jason Terry wasn't a brick machine, Devin Harris could hit a jumper from time to time, Brandon Bass was a MF'er in the post, and Dirk was aggressive. They played Mavs ball and won.

Last year they got into their half-court sets and let the Warriors swarm Dirk with double teams after he set up at the elbow. Dirk didn't get this team to a Finals or win 67 regular season games by posting guys up and using mediocre moves, he did it by playing his game. By having Dirk pull up for face-up jumpers in transition, it doesn't allow the Warriors to get into their zone defenses and set up. Over the course of 48 minutes, which group of players are going to exhibit better shot selection and discipline? Dallas or Golden State? The Mavs lost that series because the way you attack it, by speeding things up, by foregoing "right-way" basketball is something that goes against Avery's natural inclinations. The solution for Golden State is right there but it's counter-intuitive.

Findog
01-03-2008, 10:08 AM

I also thought the Mavs did a good job for the most part of chasing the Warriors off the 3-point line and conceding mid-range looks. I think they still shot 10-23 from behind the arc, but it never seemed like they were killing us with it.

DallasFan
01-03-2008, 10:25 AM
What do they have left to prove vs. Dallas....including tonight's loss vs. Dallas they are: 6-3 in the last 9 regular season games vs. Dallas, won 10 out of the last 15 contests overall. Oh and there's also winning a playoff series vs. Dallas..and one of the playoff games Dallas won had both Baron and Jackson ejected, and the last win had Jackson suspended.

You are a complete idiot. This is not last season...it's this season. They are also missing a key part of their team from last year, so yeah...they would like to prove something.
:idiot

DallasFan
01-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Like I've said before, last playoff's #1 vs. #8 playoff match up was really more of a #4-#5 seed match up.

Dallas' record was heavily inflated by the officials all regular season long. They're more of a #4 seed than a 67-win team.

Warriors' record was deflated due to injuries. They're more of about a #5 seed.

A #5 over a #4 seed isn't a miracle or fluke. It is what it is.

Do you actually watch all of the Mavs games but call yourself a Spurs fan.... :donkey

DallasFan
01-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, Houston lost tonight, Dwight Howard lost tonight, but Dallas beat G.S.

Two out of three ain't bad.

What is your deal with Dwight Howard? He's a beast...

BUMP
01-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Baron Davis had a terrible game. that and the fact that our big men are stepping up has something to do with last night's win. i dont expect Baron to have nights like these often though.

SpursDynasty
01-03-2008, 02:53 PM

Suck my Maverick cock.

Here is evidence of GS still owning Dallas and Dallas fans.

GS eliminating Dallas in round 1 can never be erased from history.

u2sarajevo
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Here is evidence of GS still owning Dallas and Dallas fans.

GS eliminating Dallas in round 1 can never be erased from history.Neither can set lists. Someone out there, no matter how big or small the band is, will keep a record of your set. How accurate those might be however....... well thats another story all together.

http://i18.tinypic.com/82m2s88.gif

SpursDynasty
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
No big deal, G.S. just didn't get their shots to go down.

ratm1221
01-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Good assessment of the game genius. You should be a sports analyst.

Shank
01-03-2008, 03:21 PM

Ho. Ly. Shit.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Now THAT is some nice smothering.

atxrocker
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
lmao@mav fan thinking they just won the trophy or something. nice win, you needed it. but it was just one regular season game. jesus christ. some perspective, please.

ratm1221
01-03-2008, 03:50 PM
lmao@mav fan thinking they just won the trophy or something. nice win, you needed it. but it was just one regular season game. jesus christ. some perspective, please.

Bruce Lee was a homo.

Shank
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM

Who thinks they won any sort of a trophy? Seriously.

u2sarajevo
01-03-2008, 04:24 PM
lmao@mav fan thinking they just won the trophy or something. nice win, you needed it. but it was just one regular season game. jesus christ. some perspective, please.Hmmm... I know I wasn't proclaiming such a wild claim. Maybe I missed the post from the Maverick fan that was saying we won a trophy but I can't find one. If there is indeed one that poster is an idiot.

I thought we were talking about last nights game. Or is that not allowed now? I know it was ages ago and everything. But Spurs fans talk of their past trophies still so I figured a game played less than 24 hours ago was still okay to discuss.

DallasFan
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Hmmm... I know I wasn't proclaiming such a wild claim. Maybe I missed the post from the Maverick fan that was saying we won a trophy but I can't find one. If there is indeed one that poster is an idiot.

I thought we were talking about last nights game. Or is that not allowed now? I know it was ages ago and everything. But Spurs fans talk of their past trophies still so I figured a game played less than 24 hours ago was still okay to discuss.

You'll have to forgive him...he's a Kings fan..not used to talking about big wins... :p:

SpursDynasty
01-03-2008, 04:53 PM
GS never got in rhythm. GS getting in rhythm = easy W vs. Dallas.

ratm1221
01-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Hmmm... I know I wasn't proclaiming such a wild claim. Maybe I missed the post from the Maverick fan that was saying we won a trophy but I can't find one. If there is indeed one that poster is an idiot.

If you are happy that your team played well that means you won a trophy.

Shank
01-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Define "rhythm" in this case.

And please include the fact that Dallas' gameplan involved not allowing cheap turnovers, breakaways and open 3s as a way to not include GS to get into a "rhythm".

Why am I doing this to myself? This cock doesn't even know a basketball is round.

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Does Josh Daniels criticize you when you don't get into a rhythm at the back of the Buffalo Wild Wings?

ratm1221
01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Does Josh Daniels criticize you when you don't get into a rhythm at the back of the Buffalo Wild Wings?

Someone fill me in on this "Jeff drummer boy" thing. Did he post something that I missed about playing drums?

dirk4mvp
01-03-2008, 05:17 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/8664c5w.gif

:rollin

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Someone fill me in on this "Jeff drummer boy" thing. Did he post something that I missed about playing drums?

jeffdrums/SpursDynasty plays in this band. he's a kickass drummer.

http://www.joshdanielsband.com/
http://www.myspace.com/thejoshdanielsband

....although now I see no mention of Jeff anywhere on either website!!!! are you still in the band????? fill us in SpursDynasty!!!!! did Josh Daniels and you have a falling out? could he not handle your supreme awesomeness?

and this is his personal myspace page.

www.myspace.com/jeffdrums

....that has apparently been set to private now. good move, SD :tu

monosylab1k
01-03-2008, 05:20 PM
"I wake up in the morning and piss excellence." :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ratm1221
01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Is that really his myspace???!! Please tell me this is a joke?

u2sarajevo
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/8664c5w.gif

:rollinThe 2nd one is just sad, but the first one you can actually see on his face where he decides that he is going to do a flop that Vlade would be jealous of.

Kriz-Maxima
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
pitiful, just pitiful.

Shank
01-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Didn't they call a foul on the Ellis wind-up play?

DallasFan
01-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Didn't they call a foul on the Ellis wind-up play?

Unfortunately, yes. I think they thought he was wearing a #3 instead of #8 (Wade).