PDA

View Full Version : So what now for Washington and Williams?

tomcat
01-02-2008, 01:17 PM
With Rio Grande Valley coming in Fri/Sat to play the Toros? Toros in first and RGV in 2nd.

My theory- If Washington or Williams are not back by then, Langford or Johnson or perhaps even both will be back in Austin. Doubt the Spurs scrap their dleague lead.

Are Washington and Williams even eligible to rejoin Toros?

ChumpDumper
01-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Both are eligible to rejoin, but I believe the Toros recent signings signal they don't expect one of them to come back. My guess is that Washington goes back to Europe and Williams plays for the Toros Friday.

Bruno
01-02-2008, 07:09 PM
What I've read about Washington is that he will sign soon with a greek team called Aris Salonika. He should also get a FYROM passport.

Darkwaters
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
What I've read about Washington is that he will sign soon with a greek team called Aris Salonika. He should also get a FYROM passport.

Good for him. I sincerely hope that he comes back to training camp next season to fight it out for a spot on the team. Maybe we'll even get him in summer league as well.

Darkwaters
01-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Both are eligible to rejoin, but I believe the Toros recent signings signal they don't expect one of them to come back. My guess is that Washington goes back to Europe and Williams plays for the Toros Friday.

As per the DraftExpress D-League blog:

DerMarr Johnson and Keith Langford will stay with the Spurs for now, while Marcus Williams re-joined the Toros after Johnson was signed.

Read the rest here:

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/D-League-Blog/

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
:tu
I don't wanna lose out on Marcus just yet. Even he turns out to be a scrub, I still wanna give him a whole season in the D-League to prove himself.

ChumpDumper
01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
No reason to not pick up Williams again, though the news of Chris Taft and Brandon Wallace becoming available would make me think about comparing their upside to that of Kris Lang and Justin Reed respectively.

loveforthegame
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Good luck to Washington. I hope he makes his way back to the NBA.

Hopefully Williams continues to improve with the Toros.

Darkwaters
01-03-2008, 12:47 AM
No reason to not pick up Williams again, though the news of Chris Taft and Brandon Wallace becoming available would make me think about comparing their upside to that of Kris Lang and Justin Reed respectively.

With reclaiming Williams do the Toros not have any roster spots left?

ChumpDumper
01-03-2008, 03:11 AM
With reclaiming Williams do the Toros not have any roster spots left?Unless they waive someone, no.

spursrocksocks
01-03-2008, 03:51 AM
just posting to see my vbookie

Bruno
01-03-2008, 03:52 AM
Good for him. I sincerely hope that he comes back to training camp next season to fight it out for a spot on the team. Maybe we'll even get him in summer league as well.

Because of quota rules on American player, the FYROM Darius Washington will be able to get way more money in Europe than the American Darius Washington.
If Washington get the nationality of an European country and if he plays well enough this year in Europe, he will receive big offers from Euros team. If nba teams don't offer him a contract with a lot of guaranteed money, he will have to choose between a lot of money and his nba dream.

Bruno
01-03-2008, 03:55 AM

Draftexpress article is saying that Spurs are still at the top of the waiver list. Maybe they can waive Dawson due to injury, sign one of them and decide who should be cut when Dawson will be back from his injury.

timvp
01-03-2008, 04:17 AM
I don't mind Marcus Williams too much. I think he's a flawed player (his feet are just too slow to be defender at small forward in the NBA) but at the D-League level, he seems to be a solid teammate who is better than most players on that level.

Who knows ... maybe he can get in a workout program to improve his quickness and Chip can fix his jumper. That Williams would have a chance in the NBA :drunk

Chris Taft and Brandon Wallace becoming available The Toros need to be all over Brandon Wallace. He's another long-three prospect who has decent potential. Not a scorer yet but at 6-foot-9 he can rebound and block shots from the small forward position. Very comparable to Jamario Moon.

He's a long range prospect but would be a perfect type of player to pickup in the D-League. If he can add a jumper and some ballhandling skills, the rest of his game is NBA level.

Chris Taft is another interesting prospect. Once upon a time, he was viewed as a possible first overall draft pick. His stock eventually slid to the point the Warriors got him in the second round. Taft showed some nice per minute averages in his time in the NBA before suffering a serious back injury. If Taft is motivated and healthy, he's a solid bigman prospect. However, those are two pretty big If's.

What about Tarence Kinsey? Any word on if he'll go to the D-League. He's a nice prospect. And then there is always Theron Smith . . .

Bruno
01-03-2008, 04:27 AM
And then there is always Theron Smith . . .

Theron Smith is playing in France and average 7/5 in 18 mpg for an average team (Orleans).

timvp
01-03-2008, 05:09 AM
Theron Smith is playing in FranceR.I.P. Theron Smith :depressed

urunobili
01-03-2008, 06:56 AM
what is a FYROM passport?

Bruno
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
what is a FYROM passport?

FYROM is a country. FYROM stand for Former Yugoslavian Republic Of Macedonia.
In Greek league, teams can only have 2 American players. Other domestic league in Europe have similar quotas rules. When a team wants to have more Americans players, they find a small European country and "buy" this country citizenship for one of their American player.
If this rumor is true, Washington will soon have the American and the FYROM nationality.
Maybe you remember of Melvin Sanders, who played for Spurs in 05-06, he got the Georgian nationality last year for the same reasons.

ChumpDumper
01-03-2008, 12:05 PM
What about Tarence Kinsey? Any word on if he'll go to the D-League. He's a nice prospect.Apparently DX is going to have a story about the available players soon.

Bruno
01-04-2008, 06:39 PM

It seems to be done.
Washington is now "Macedonian" and has signed a contract for one year and a half with Aris with a nba opt out close this summer.

timvp
01-04-2008, 06:40 PM
It seems to be done.
Washington is now "Macedonian" and has signed a contract for one year and a half with Aris with a nba opt out close this summer.Nice. Congrats to Washington. How much he get? I'm assuming he's getting paid quite nicely.

Bruno
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice. Congrats to Washington. How much he get? I'm assuming he's getting paid quite nicely.

I don't know how he get.

Mr. Body
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
ISN'T MACEDONIAN CITIZENSHIP ENOUGH?

Sheesh.

Bruno
01-05-2008, 07:49 AM
Tarence Kinsey has signed with Fenerbahce, a Turkish team. He will play with ! .

Admidave50
01-05-2008, 10:09 AM
a shame that Dwash couldn't make the team! we need to find anoter prospect to be the 3rd or backup pg!

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
January 7: RIO GRANDE VALLEY
Acquired F Chris Taft.

Bruno
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I've just seen that Britton Johnsen has bean acquired by Bakersfield. It's nice to see him back on a Basketball court because he has had a big shoulder injury last year.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 03:15 PM
They need him now that Bowman is gone. Bakersfield is in a bad way this season.

temujin
01-08-2008, 06:57 PM
A macedonian passport overnight.
What an absurdity.
What a fake country.

timvp
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
January 7: RIO GRANDE VALLEY
Acquired F Chris Taft.If healthy, that could solve their bigman troubles.