PDA

View Full Version : Funny possible All Star Commercials

TMTTRIO
01-02-2008, 11:57 PM
These would all be pretty good especially the Dirk Nowitski and the Steve Nash one :lol :lol :lol.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA010308.02C.FINGER.FoodForThought.en.2716243.ht ml
Mike Finger
San Antonio Express-News

LEADING OFF Now, these commercials would be priceless Campaigning for the NBA All-Star Game entered new comedic territory this week with the release of Chris Bosh's video plea for votes on YouTube. The clip is his version of a low-budget used-car commercial, in which the Toronto Raptors forward plays a Stetson-hat-and-bolo-tie wearing, smooth-drawling salesman urging fans to "bring the 2008 year in right" by voting him onto the All-Star team.
"We don't want your money here — we just want your vote," Bosh says with an exaggerated Texas accent, pumping his arms toward the camera. "Fillin' out these ballots is as easy as cow-tippin'."

If the ad pushes Bosh's campaign over the top — his vote totals currently trail Kevin Garnett and LeBron James among Eastern Conference forwards — commercial spoofs could become a trend.

The possibilities are endless, but here are a few Page 2 would like to see go into production right away:

All-Star candidate: Dirk Nowitzki

Commercial inspired by: Southwest Airlines

Description: Nowitzki is seated on the dais at a black-tie awards ceremony and listens to the master of ceremonies introduce the NBA's Most Valuable Player. But just as Nowitzki stands up to accept the award, the Golden State Warriors' Baron Davis runs onto the stage, grabs the trophy and dunks it in the punch bowl, inciting laughter from the crowd.

Notable snippet: When the voiceover man says, "Wanna get away?" Nowitzki looks into the camera and says, "I sure do, so send me to New Orleans for the NBA All-Star Game."

All-Star candidates: Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker

Commercial inspired by: Sonic

Description: The two playmaking guards sit side-by-side in the front seat of a car at a drive-in restaurant, making ridiculous small-talk about tater tots and ice cream. When Parker wonders aloud why he can't order the crθme brulee, Ginobili rolls his eyes and slurps on a straw.

Notable snippet: At the end of the spot, there is a sudden cut to a screen that reads: "All-Star Shakes — Spurs have 'em, others don't."

All-Star candidate: Shaquille O'Neal

Commercial inspired by: Life Alert Emergency Response

Description: O'Neal, with ice pads on his back and wraps around both knees, sits in his house alone, trying to access the All-Star ballot on NBA.com.

Notable snippet: When O'Neal falls out of the chair, he winces in pain, then looks up at the camera and says, "I've fallen, and I can't get up."

All-Star candidate: Chris Kaman

Commercial inspired by: Rogaine

Description: The Los Angeles Clippers' center, famous for his formerly unkempt locks and currently receding hairline, stands in front of a mirror in his bathroom. When he applies foam from a bottle marked "All-Star Votes 2008," time-lapse photography shows his hair growing back to its old flowing best.

Notable snippet: Kaman's coach, Mike Dunleavy, looks admiringly at Kaman's new head of hair and says, "Forget being the white Tim Duncan — you're the white Denzel Washington."

All-Star candidate: Steve Nash

Commercial inspired by: Wayne Wright personal injury lawyers

Description: Nash, sitting on his living-room sofa and fighting back tears, tells the traumatic story about the time he was involved in an on-court accident and broke his nose. Then, with a smile on his face, he talks about how everything came out OK in the end thanks to a few goodhearted souls.

Notable snippet: At the end of the spot, the camera pans to an attorney with a gray mustache and white cowboy hat, who says, "You deserve an All-Star berth, so we demand it."

All-Star candidate: Kevin Durant

Commercial inspired by: Career Point Institute

Description: At the beginning of the commercial, Durant is shown looking depressed and confused, worried that his lack of training and experience will lead to nowhere. Then he makes a decision that changes his life.

Notable snippet: With an All-Star jersey on his back and a mortar board on his head, Durant climbs down the steps of a bus, makes a thumbs-up signal, smiles, looks into the camera and says, "Thanks, All-Star voters."

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I would definitely pay to see Tony and Manu try to imitate the Sonic guys.

m33p0
01-03-2008, 12:16 AM
"Forget being the white Tim Duncan — you're the white Denzel Washington."
:lmao :lmao

tp2021
01-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm the white Larry Bird!

bigfundamental21
01-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I would definitely pay to see Tony and Manu try to imitate the Sonic guys.
Definitely! That would be hilarious.

I would also want to see the Shaq one! :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-03-2008, 12:31 AM
If I ever saw the Shaq one, it would make me spit up my drink so hard it would reach and ruin my TV.

bigfundamental21
01-03-2008, 12:35 AM
If I ever saw the Shaq one, it would make me spit up my drink so hard it would reach and ruin my TV.:lmao