PDA

View Full Version : Barack Wins! Barack Wins!

Mr. Peabody
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow. What a historic moment!

exstatic
01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Fucking Hillary (and the GOP: she's their nemesis and voter getter outer) must be shitting.

JoeChalupa
01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about..right there!!! Wake up America!!! The Time is Now!!!

mullet
01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I voted for Barack

medstudent
01-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I voted for Barry Hussain

The Mole
01-03-2008, 10:16 PM
The word underground is Barack is the winner.

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Tough night for Clinton -- ending up with less than 30% of the vote (perhaps) and, more significantly, to lose the female vote to Obama.

boutons_
01-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Hilllary's in trouble, no sweat off my ass.

fucking US pres election process is insanely stupid, too long, too expensive, over-exposed.

JoeChalupa
01-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Go Barack Go!!

JoeChalupa
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
This shows the people still have a vote. Kudos to the young people of America!!!

01Snake
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Hilllary's in trouble, no sweat off my ass.

fucking US pres election process is insanely stupid, too long, too expensive, over-exposed.

Shit! For once you're right! :lol

DontHatethePlayer
01-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Tough night for Clinton -- ending up with less than 30% of the vote (perhaps) and, more significantly, to lose the female vote to Obama.

I don't know. I think it is rather ironic. Didn't Billy win the women's vote because they thought he was sooooo good looking?! I would hope to think that women put more into their decision than that, but you have to admit Obama is a decent looking guy....better looking than Bill IMO.

I should stipulate that I really don't have a point. It was just a funny thought that popped into my head. :dizzy

JoeChalupa
01-03-2008, 11:22 PM
It is here.

AFBlue
01-03-2008, 11:32 PM
That speech was INCREDIBLE!

I think it was a little preachy at times, but no other speech (republican or democrat) held a candle to it....

That could very well be a "historic event" if Obama goes on to win the nomination and presidential election.

Count me among the VERY impressed....

Bunz
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I'll Color you Badd

Mr. Peabody
01-03-2008, 11:38 PM
That speech was INCREDIBLE!

I think it was a little preachy at times, but no other speech (republican or democrat) held a candle to it....

That could very well be a "historic event" if Obama goes on to win the nomination and presidential election.

Color me VERY impressed....

Yeah, his speech was better than Clinton's and Edwards'. Edwards did a good job of once again making his case for the nomination.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-04-2008, 12:32 AM
ABC.

Anyone But Clinton.

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 12:34 AM
This part of his speech -

But we always knew that hope is not blind optimism. It’s not ignoring the enormity of the task ahead or the roadblocks that stand in our path. It’s not sitting on the sidelines or shrinking from a fight. Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it, and work for it, and fight for it.

- is something you would expect to read in Bartlett's Quotes decades from now.

Nbadan
01-04-2008, 12:35 AM
yqoFwZUp5vc

Spurminator
01-04-2008, 12:41 AM
OMG he's NOT WEARING A FLAG PIN!!!

lawstudent
01-04-2008, 12:45 AM

I object!

Lebowski Brickowski
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
This part of his speech -

- is something you would expect to read in Bartlett's Quotes decades from now.

yeah -- and it doesn't say a single thing. 100 words and it doesn't say a gottdamm thing.

but it touches me right on my Heart bone :rolleyes

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 12:57 AM
yeah -- and it doesn't say a single thing. 100 words and it doesn't say a gottdamm thing.

but it touches me right on my Heart bone :rolleyes

It's a victory speech, what do you want him to say?

Mavtek
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm listening to his speech that is so supposedly great. It's not that great, not at all. He's taking us down, just like the rest.

Bunz
01-04-2008, 01:24 AM
haters

Mavtek
01-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Not a hater, I love Obama's stance prior to Iraq, he voted against it. It's his record after that and his record with lobbyists that I don't like. Plus he really thinks he can "unite" the country by selling conservatives on Universal Healthcare and Global Warming all while fighting "terror".

Am I the only one going wtf? How the fuck does he plan to pay for all this shit? Guess he doesn't realize the fucking dollar is going to shit.

Bunz
01-04-2008, 01:36 AM
better post.

timvp
01-04-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't agree much with anything Obama has said to date but score one for the good ol' US of A tonight.

http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/american%20flag%20picture.jpg

AFBlue
01-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Not a hater, I love Obama's stance prior to Iraq, he voted against it. It's his record after that and his record with lobbyists that I don't like. Plus he really thinks he can "unite" the country by selling conservatives on Universal Healthcare and Global Warming all while fighting "terror".

Am I the only one going wtf? How the fuck does he plan to pay for all this shit? Guess he doesn't realize the fucking dollar is going to shit.

I said nothing about his policies or the likelihood of him uniting conservatives and liberals alike on issues like universal healthcare and global warming....

I said I liked his speech. It was eloquent and moving.

That is all.

florige
01-04-2008, 09:21 AM

He talked about that one time on the Tonight Show. He said that he took critisism for not wearing the pin at times. But at the same time he said that he wanted to be known as a man of action, and of words. He felt as though him not wearing a pin doesn't mean he doesn't love the United States and all it stands for. (something along those lines anyway)

101A
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
98% White state, at that.

What a racist country we have.

101A
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Not a hater, I love Obama's stance prior to Iraq, he voted against it. State reps from Illinois got a vote?

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
State reps from Illinois got a vote?

I think Bush & Co were trying to send the Illinois State Police and Meter Maids coalition for a while when troop levels were low.....

xrayzebra
01-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Fucking Hillary (and the GOP: she's their nemesis and voter getter outer) must be shitting.

You got to wonder how many independents and Republicans
crossed over to vote for Obama to ensure Hillary's defeat
in Iowa. Record turn-out on dimms side, so they say....
You just gotta wonder?

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 11:45 AM
You just gotta wonder?

According to the Clinton campaign, the independents and Republicans crossed over for Obama because they knew that he would be easier to beat in the general election than Hillary. Hell, I wish the Demos were coordinated enough to have their voters think so far ahead as to vote in record numbers for the opposition.

Extra Stout
01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
According to the Clinton campaign, the independents and Republicans crossed over for Obama because they knew that he would be easier to beat in the general election than Hillary. Hell, I wish the Demos were coordinated enough to have their voters think so far ahead as to vote in record numbers for the opposition.
Yes, Iowa neocon Republicans are brilliant. Only 103,000 voters showed up to the GOP caucuses, so clearly the other 100,000 neocons voted in the Dem primary. The media was led to report that Republicans are "disenchanted" with the nominees in order to explain the low turnout. At the secret national GOP neocon cabal meetings, it was determined to cede Iowa to Huckabee, and vote for Obama in the Dem caucus. The hope is that Obama will catch fire so that Dems will vote for him by themselves in New Hampshire, freeing up neocon Republicans to vote for Giuliani in the GOP primary.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

101A
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes, Iowa neocon Republicans are brilliant. Only 103,000 voters showed up to the GOP caucuses, so clearly the other 100,000 neocons voted in the Dem primary. The media was led to report that Republicans are "disenchanted" with the nominees in order to explain the low turnout. At the secret national GOP neocon cabal meetings, it was determined to cede Iowa to Huckabee, and vote for Obama in the Dem caucus. The hope is that Obama will catch fire so that Dems will vote for him by themselves in New Hampshire, freeing up neocon Republicans to vote for Giuliani in the GOP primary.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAClassic.

ROFL

DontHatethePlayer
01-04-2008, 01:48 PM

Those darn Repubs! It wasn't bad enough that they forced African Americans to vote in their favor after they won the right to vote. Then, they registered dead people and voted under their names. More recently, they vote in two different states (permanent home and vacation home). Now this. Is there nothing they won't do??!! I'm just glad the democrats would never think of doing any of that kind of stuff. :rolleyes

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Those darn Repubs! It wasn't bad enough that they forced African Americans to vote in their favor after they won the right to vote. Then, they registered dead people and voted under their names. More recently, they vote in two different states (permanent home and vacation home). Now this. Is there nothing they won't do??!! I'm just glad the democrats would never think of doing any of that kind of stuff. :rolleyes

:wtf
Ummm...you do know I being sarcastic in my post, right?

Extra Stout
01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
You didn't post in blue. There are Huck supporters in here, y'know.

DontHatethePlayer
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM

I suspected as much. :spin

I was just jumping on the bandwagon. It gets so old hearing about how the Dems do no wrong and the Repubs are absolute evil. :shootme

No party is any better than the other. :donkey :elephant

Thanks for being so considerate though Mr. P!

T Park
01-04-2008, 07:00 PM
So far in what I've seen on barack theres a few things I like.

I like how he seems to be a speaker that can give a great speach that will unite a country.

What I don't understand his stances on foreign policy.

One he says, we need to negotiate and talk with iran. Wich I think I agree with, I mean nothing to date has worked, so why not give it a shot, same with my attitude on North Korea.

But then he says, we should go into Pakistan with millitary force and remove Osama Bin Laden.

I mean thats all fine and good, but what the hell will Pakistan think of you invading with troops, something you voted against with iraq?

I personally don't like his universal health care and the govt getting involved, more govt is not the answer.

Honestly, if I had a vote today between, Romney or Obama?

I'd prob vote Obama.

If it was him or Huckabee? I like Huckabee simply on him wanting to abolish the IRS and installing the national sales tax wich I applaud standing and cheering.

and all honestly republican, independant, democrat aside.

I laughed and cheered that Obama won. I think also its awesome an african american candidate is in such serious contention.

Congrats Barack.

Mr. Peabody
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I suspected as much. :spin

I was just jumping on the bandwagon. It gets so old hearing about how the Dems do no wrong and the Repubs are absolute evil. :shootme

No party is any better than the other. :donkey :elephant

I agree. If anything it just shows that Hillary thinks the world revolves around her so much that the GOP plans its primaries around her. Her campaign's comments were ridiculous and are just more evidence of why she will not win this year.

Wild Cobra
01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
You just gotta wonder?
I don't think that happened to any meaningful extent. I would say that nearly all republicans and/or conservatives have pretty good reservations about all the republican candidates. I do, and so do all the people I know. There are people who are absolutely gaa-gaa over Shrillery, Obama, and the Breck Girl. I don't think it was anything more than the enthusiasm to vote for a favorite.

As for the lesser of evils... I like Obama if it must be one of the three. At least he has some integrity. The other two are real political whores. I also think for that reason among others, he will be the hardest for republicans to beat. I also believe that one of my least favorite republicans would most easily win against the demonrats. Senator McCain, the RINO. He is probably the most liberal of the republicans, therefore appeals to the purple voters well.

Wild Cobra
01-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Of course they say that. They have to have some excuse. After all, liberals always believe it's someone else's fault. They never take responsibility for their own actions.

Couldn't it just be how much of a bitch Hillary has obviously become to people?

Mr. Peabody
01-05-2008, 12:42 AM
One moment from last night that stuck out for me was when Obama talked about our nation's place in the world, all of his supporters, many of them college-aged kids, started chanting "USA! USA!". It was nice to see so many young people exhibit that kind of pride in their country. Instead of just going into a typical campaign chant, they actually chanted for their country. I was definitely surprised and encouraged by that.

Nbadan
01-05-2008, 12:38 PM
...what was great about that was that it is patriotic but not nationalistic...too many people easily confuse the two....