PDA

View Full Version : Where to frame it??

gdog8152
01-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey gents. Just got my autographed Tim Duncan jersey and I am psyched!!!

Would anyone have any good suggestions on where I can get it professionally matted and framed here in town? Can't seem to find anyplace local.

I'm only interested in getting it done the right way. No hack jobs or cheesy displays. Preferably a place that specializes and has alot of experience with jersey's specifically.

Thanks so much ahead of time for any suggestions!

SenorSpur
01-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Hobby Lobby is a good place to start. Catch them on a week when they're having their 50% off framing sale. They usually runs these specials twice a month for a week at a time and do great work.

Michael's Arts and Crafts would be another option.

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Deck the Walls has done me right in the past.

BonnerDynasty
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd watch them do it and never leave them alone with it.

Trust no one.

gdog8152
01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Yeah I agree totally. I have a big problem with leaving something valuable to me like that in someone elses possession unsupervised. So I'd feel alot better going to a place that does these type of things all the time. As in sports articles and specifically pinning.

Matting a jersey properly is an art and I sure don't want some $5 an hour kid getting their first crack at it with mine.

I've had work done by Michaels before and the work was awesome. But we are talking about a picture too.......totally different.

bigfundamental21
01-03-2008, 11:40 PM
gdog if you find a good place, let me know. I have some jerseys to get framed too and I am cautious about leaving my goods with anyone as well. But I also want something affordable.

Anyone know if fastframe does jersey framing or if they are any good?

jay014
01-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Forget the frame use thumbtacks like Devin Brown.

bigfundamental21
01-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Forget the frame use thumbtacks like Devin Brown.
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Spurs 21+20+9=50
01-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Try the "Signature Collectibles" store in Dallas. They will ship to you. They have done 3 signed jerseys for me and do an excellent job. Its more expensive than the other ideas listed above, but this is what they specialize in so you are getting a quality job.

MoSpur
01-04-2008, 10:25 AM
How much did they charge you at Deck the Walls FromWayDownTown?

alamo50
01-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Where you got it from and can you share a picture?

gdog8152
01-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Sorry just not a pic poster here.

I'm going with this place out in cali. Sorry just can't bring myself to get it done at some place that doesn't do exactly this for a living.

http://www.sportsgalleryweb.com/jerseyframing.htm

duncan228
01-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Are you comfortable sending it to them? You said you didn't want to leave it unsupervised. (I don't blame you.)

alamo50
01-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Sorry just not a pic poster here.

I'm going with this place out in cali. Sorry just can't bring myself to get it done at some place that doesn't do exactly this for a living.

http://www.sportsgalleryweb.com/jerseyframing.htm

:lol

Are you sure you don't work there yourself?

WalterBenitez
01-05-2008, 06:44 AM

Would anyone have any good suggestions on where I can get it professionally matted and framed here in town? Can't seem to find anyplace local.

I'm only interested in getting it done the right way. No hack jobs or cheesy displays. Preferably a place that specializes and has alot of experience with jersey's specifically.

Thanks so much ahead of time for any suggestions!

Congratulations man, keep it for the rest of your life and show it to your grandchilds!!!

bigfundamental21
01-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Let us know how it turns out, gdog.

If anyone else has had any jerseys framed and is happy with the work, please post. I am also looking for a place that is good, but affordable.

Admidave50
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM

haha, what you said may be true! Odd that a guy who posted the first time on spurstalk is asking for advice and finally pick a store out of his home state.

Furthermore, no story to share about his jersey and not very hyped to share his pic, what a fan would have done for sure..

His story might be true but he may just be making advertizing for his store also..

ps: you may change your title to "where to frame it or where to be framed?"

exstatic
01-05-2008, 11:43 AM

+1