PDA

View Full Version : Sonics@Suns

SpursDynasty
01-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Looks like the up and coming star Kevin Durant and the Seattle Sonics are taking the torch from the declining Phoenix Suns. Seattle will just go out and take care of business tonight...

SpursDynasty
01-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Phoenix held to 13 in the first?

kingsfan
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow the Suns only have 13 in the 1st?
I'll get to see it if da Bulls game ever ends.

Armando
01-03-2008, 11:15 PM
That was ugly. :drunk

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
20.0% FG for the Suns in the 1st quarter.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Just forgot to show up in the first quarter.

Xylus
01-03-2008, 11:51 PM
33-13, Sonics, at the end of the 1st quarter.

45-43, Sonics, at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Steve Nash kept us in the game with good shooting, all-out hustle, and some amazing passes. Plus, the team turned up the D and held Seattle to 12 points in the 2nd quarter. Diaw looks aggressive, which is always a good thing.

Kriz-Maxima
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Another SpursDynasty jinx.

SpursDynasty
01-04-2008, 12:10 AM
The Suns and Nuggets are flukes. Enough said.

Flight3107
01-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Looks like the Suns are trying to shoot some shots

KidCongo
01-04-2008, 12:23 AM
delonte west has too many tats

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Durant takes a lot of ugly shots.

anakha
01-04-2008, 12:25 AM
The Suns and Nuggets are flukes. Enough said.

Standard SpursDynasty "I got owned" reply. :lol

SpursDynasty
01-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Sonics will win, Spurs will retain #1 spot in the West

Kriz-Maxima
01-04-2008, 12:38 AM
I dont know, down by 14 in the fouth...doesnt look good for Seattle.

Spurminator
01-04-2008, 12:56 AM
lol, Amare just yelled "and 1" on an airball.

I thought that was funny...

BonnerDynasty
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
lmao at these guys making a big deal at #1 in West.

Xylus
01-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I don't know how the fuck we're #1 in the West...

After that Lakers loss on Christmas, I had a gun to my own head.

DazedAndConfused
01-04-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't care if the Suns have the best record in the West. They will get exposed again in the playoffs unless they address their lack of interior defense problems. Their record against above .500 teams in the WC is deplorable for an elite team. Their record is bloated due to their easy schedule and feasting off of a ton of sub .500 teams. When they start playing real WC competition they will fall back down to earth.

DazedAndConfused
01-04-2008, 01:20 AM
I don't know how the fuck we're #1 in the West...

After that Lakers loss on Christmas, I had a gun to my own head.

You've had the easiest schedule in the NBA to date of any team.

Xylus
01-04-2008, 01:22 AM
You've had the easiest schedule in the NBA to date of any team.
We've had a fairly easy schedule, but we've played the 2nd fewest home games in the league. January's going to be our easiest month, I think.

Xylus
01-04-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't care if the Suns have the best record in the West. They will get exposed again in the playoffs unless they address their lack of interior defense problems. Their record against above .500 teams in the WC is deplorable for an elite team. Their record is bloated due to their easy schedule and feasting off of a ton of sub .500 teams. When they start playing real WC competition they will fall back down to earth.
If my research is correct, the Spurs are 7-7 against teams with an above-.500 record. The Suns are something like 10-5. That's not that deplorable.

OldDirtMcGirt
01-04-2008, 01:55 AM

How's that one working out for you Nostradamus?

DazedAndConfused
01-04-2008, 02:07 AM
I could care less about the Suns regular season wins. They are still the same gimmicky no-defense team they were last year and will get exposed yet again by a WC elite team with dominating bigs.

The Lakers have had their number this season due to Bynum's emergence. The Spurs will beat them again with Timmy and a healthy Manu+Parker. I just don't see the Suns getting out of the WCF. Defense wins championships, apparently nobody has told D'Antoni that.

dirk4mvp
01-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Looks like the Suns are trying to shoot some shots

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Standard SpursDynasty "I got owned" reply. :lol
yeah but in this rare case, he's right.

Suns, Nuggets, Warriors, etc. all play fluke, gimmicky basketball. None of them will ever win a title, much less go to the finals, until they fix that. The Mavericks have their faults and have been exposed mentally in seasons past, but they play a brand of basketball that has a much much much much much better chance of success in the playoffs than any of the run-n-gun teams. And it's been proven by the fact that they actually made it to the Finals, and they're the only team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs since 2004.

The Mavs problems are all psychological, which honestly, I'll take any day over these run-n-gun teams whose problems are fundamental. The Mavs can get over their mental hurdles; the Suns have to completely transform philosophically before they ever are serious title contenders.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 02:51 AM
Plus, the team turned up the D and held Seattle to 12 points in the 2nd quarter.
turning up the D against Seattle is like complimenting yourself for being able to breathe through your nose.

Nash2Amare
01-04-2008, 04:19 AM
yeah but in this rare case, he's right.

Suns, Nuggets, Warriors, etc. all play fluke, gimmicky basketball. None of them will ever win a title, much less go to the finals, until they fix that. The Mavericks have their faults and have been exposed mentally in seasons past, but they play a brand of basketball that has a much much much much much better chance of success in the playoffs than any of the run-n-gun teams. And it's been proven by the fact that they actually made it to the Finals, and they're the only team to beat the Spurs in the playoffs since 2004.

The Mavs problems are all psychological, which honestly, I'll take any day over these run-n-gun teams whose problems are fundamental. The Mavs can get over their mental hurdles; the Suns have to completely transform philosophically before they ever are serious title contenders.

Wait..a Mavs fan just said this? :lol

sthu
You guys are the king of choke, and get your defense exploited all the damn time. (Warriors last yr esp..lmao)

vicphoenix
01-04-2008, 05:38 AM
I don't get it? Why do some Spurs fans concern themselves with the Suns so much? If my team had won four championships in eight years, I wouldn't give a crap about any other team.

anakha
01-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I don't get it? Why do some Spurs fans concern themselves with the Suns so much? If my team had won four championships in eight years, I wouldn't give a crap about any other team.

SpursDynasty is just trolling the fans of the teams he's supposed to troll. :lol

ratm1221
01-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I could care less about the Suns regular season wins. They are still the same gimmicky no-defense team they were last year and will get exposed yet again by a WC elite team with dominating bigs.

The Lakers have had their number this season due to Bynum's emergence. The Spurs will beat them again with Timmy and a healthy Manu+Parker. I just don't see the Suns getting out of the WCF. Defense wins championships, apparently nobody has told D'Antoni that.

DazedAndConfused = SpursDynasty

This is definitely SpursDynasty. I love how he starts talking crap and when he turns out to be totally wrong he continues to talk crap but signs in under a different name. What a tool.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Wait..a Mavs fan just said this? :lol

sthu
You guys are the king of choke, and get your defense exploited all the damn time. (Warriors last yr esp..lmao)
We've actually beaten the Spurs and made it to the Finals. Your team will never get that far until you change philosophy. So shove the choking talk right up your ass, lots of people get over being chokers, but when you don't play on both ends of the court you'll never win it all.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 10:22 AM
We've actually beaten the Spurs and made it to the Finals. Your team will never get that far until you change philosophy. So shove the choking talk right up your ass, lots of people get over being chokers, but when you don't play on both ends of the court you'll never win it all.

The Mavs are no longer relevant and neither are their fans.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 10:28 AM
The Mavs are no longer relevant and neither are their fans.
who is this? post under your real name you pussy.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 10:42 AM
who is this? post under your real name you pussy.

Go cry about the Warriors. :lol :lol

Still funny!!!

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Go cry about the Warriors. :lol :lol

Still funny!!!
tell us all why you aren't posting under your real name

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:01 AM
tell us all why you aren't posting under your real name

Why would I post under my real name?

Why don't you post under your real name?

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Why would I post under my real name?

Why don't you post under your real name?
don't dodge the question pussy.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
:lol

da_suns_fan_
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
the real da_suns_fan_ can post under his real name, why can't my protege post under his?

da_pats_fan__
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
the real da_suns_fan_ can post under his real name, why can't my protege post under his?
I'm not your protege but I can post under mine! ratings rule!

Kriz-Maxima
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
:lol This place is crazy

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
To imitate someone is to pay the person a genuine compliment—often an unintended compliment.

http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/imitationist.html

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

- Mohandas Gandhi

Consider me flattered Monos. How many other posters have TWO "fans"?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:17 AM
You ever thought they were imitating the real da_suns_fan__?

RonMexico
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I hate that they put the Suns games after Eastern Conference games on TNT... I can't tell you how many times an EC borefest has gone into OT and cost me the start of the game.

Oh well, I probably didn't want to watch that first qtr anyway. With a writer's strike, why don't they just co-broadcast on TBS if the first game takes too long? Oh yeah, that would require actual thought, which executives don't have.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:36 AM
To imitate someone is to pay the person a genuine compliment—often an unintended compliment.

http://www.bartleby.com/59/3/imitationist.html

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

- Mohandas Gandhi

Consider me flattered Monos. How many other posters have TWO "fans"?
seriously, who the fuck is this? i address no da_suns_fan posters unless they have underscores at the end of their name.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
You ever thought they were imitating the real da_suns_fan__?
yeah who is that imposter with no underscores?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:38 AM
seriously, who the fuck is this? i address no da_suns_fan posters unless they have underscores at the end of their name.

Enough basketball talk.

Lets talk about me!

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Enough basketball talk.

Lets talk about me!
who are you?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Am I the most famous poster here?

Discuss.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Does anyone else have two other posters who try to steal their gimmick?

Should Kori change the url to "da_suns_fan_talk.com"?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:41 AM
who are you?

Im the you hate yet can't stop talking about! :lol

Poll: What was your favorite "da_suns_fan__" post?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
:lmao At da_suns_fan saying people stole HIS gimmick.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:46 AM
yeah since he stole his name from da_suns_fan__. who is this cat?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
:lmao At da_suns_fan saying people stole HIS gimmick.

Why is that funny?

da_pats_fan__ isn't trying to be like me?

da_suns_fan_? (He even likes to call me his protege after I dubbed him that when he first appeared....that guy pretends to hate me but he really LOVES my posts). :lol

I have a cult following on this board, no?

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Why is that funny?

da_pats_fan__ isn't trying to be like me?

da_suns_fan_? (He even likes to call me his protege after I dubbed him that when he first appeared....that guy pretends to hate me but he really LOVES my posts). :lol

I have a cult following on this board, no?
they're trying to be like da_suns_fan__, not you.

da_suns_fan_
01-04-2008, 11:50 AM
i take offense at this, sir. da_suns_fan__ is MY protege, and not the other way around. i have no knowlege of who this da_suns_fan imposter is.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
How can he be your protege if you barely started posting here in September while he's been here since summer 06?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 11:55 AM

Fine. I would say da_suns_fan__ has cult like following, yes?

He's the most popular poster on this site. Who else has this many followers? Between da_suns_fan_, myself and da_pats_fan__, thats THREE!

At least we have the balls to admit how much we love the guy.

There are other posters out there who like to steal his catch phrases and pass them on as his own.

We're all more like "tribute posters" than imposters.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
He's the most popular poster on this site.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Fine. I would say da_suns_fan__ has cult like following, yes?

He's the most popular poster on this site. Who else has this many followers? Between da_suns_fan_, myself and da_pats_fan__, thats THREE!

At least we have the balls to admit how much we love the guy.

There are other posters out there who like to steal his catch phrases and pass them on as his own.

We're all more like "tribute posters" than imposters.
so why doesn't da_suns_fan__ post anymore?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
so why doesn't da_suns_fan__ post anymore?

Maybe he had nobody left to own?

LEONARD
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM

oops

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
So shouldn't you be following him wherever he's at now?

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Maybe he had nobody left to be owned by?
fixed.

i just wonder why his imposters live on but he can't even make a cameo "hey guys here's another dumbshit opinion from me!" post and leave again. he can't even give us one final post.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:04 PM
So shouldn't you be following him wherever he's at now?

Why? Did everyone else stop playing basketball when Jordan retired?

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
fixed.

i just wonder why his imposters live on but he can't even make a cameo "hey guys here's another profound opinion from me!" post and leave again. he can't even give us one final post.

:lol :lol

Its better this way. His legend grows.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
:lol :lol

Its better this way. His legend grows.
actually we all completely forgot about him until you showed up copying his name. seriously, do you have nothing better to do than try to copy the screen name of the Michael Jordan of Being Bukkaked With Ownage?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Why? Did everyone else stop playing basketball when Jordan retired?
No because other basketball players had their lives to think about.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
actually we all completely forgot about him until you showed up copying his name. seriously, do you have nothing better to do than try to copy the screen name of the Michael Jordan of Being Bukkaked With Ownage?

Whoa whoa....its not just me. There are TWO other tribute posters here. We work together to keep his message alive and let no one forget how much he owned all of Texas (Dallas, San Antonio...you name it).

And lets not forget how many threads are started where someone claims they have found him on youtube etc.

da_suns_fan__ is the Jesus of SpursTalk.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
does everybody remember that time da_suns_fan__ started bragging about his Arizona State education and then immediately got owned like a bitch by a dude in high school?

Or when he tried to do some grammar smack and immediately got "capitalize your O motherfucker" thrown right back in his face?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
does everybody remember that time da_suns_fan__ started bragging about his Arizona State education and then immediately got owned like a bitch by a dude in high school?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Whoa whoa....its not just me. There are TWO other tribute posters here. We work together to keep his message alive and let no one forget how much he owned all of Texas (Dallas, San Antonio...you name it).

:lmao You're about as blind as he is.

And lets not forget how many threads are started where someone claims they have found him on youtube etc..

At most 2.

da_suns_fan__ is the Jesus of SpursTalk.

That would be FWD.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Or when he tried to do some grammar smack and immediately got "capitalize your O motherfucker" thrown right back in his face?

da_suns_fan__ was the greatest debator since Cicero.

No one in Texas had a chance.

What was your favorite "da_suns_fan__" catchphrase?

Who didn't laugh their ass off at the "Swallowing the Spurs" drinking game?

Pure genius.

What happened to the other two tribute posters? Where's da_pats_fan__ and da_suns_fan_?

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I loved that time when da_suns_fan__ was getting owned so bad that he got one of his loser friends to join ST in an attempt to have one friend on here. So DannyB enters the forum thinking he's a badass, and is owned so bad that like two weeks later he's crying about how he'll never come back and telling us all to "suck a bag of dicks". da_suns_fan__ disappears a few weeks later. Coincidence?

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
So DannyB enters the forum thinking he's a badass, and is owned so bad that like two weeks later he's crying about how he'll never come back and telling us all to "suck a bag of dicks"
:lmao
That's still hilarious today.

da_suns_fan
01-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I loved that time when da_suns_fan__ was getting owned so bad that he got one of his loser friends to join ST in an attempt to have one friend on here. So DannyB enters the forum thinking he's a badass, and is owned so bad that like two weeks later he's crying about how he'll never come back and telling us all to "suck a bag of dicks". da_suns_fan__ disappears a few weeks later. Coincidence?

DannyB made the mistake of thinking this place was filled with unbiased posters who like to talk basketball.

But lets stay on topic. This thread is about da_suns_fan__.

Speaking of FWD, Mr. Bottom, remember when da_suns_fan__ owned him too? He tried to throw out some new statistical ranking of western conference teams and dsf SHREDDED him!

It was quite comical to see the other posters reactions. There was this nervous vibe amongst them.

"FWD can't get owned....whats going on here? Come on FWD, fight back! Don't give up!"

Eventually FWD just admitted that his list was garbage and SpursTalk was never the same afterwards.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 12:36 PM
DannyB made the mistake of thinking this place was filled with unbiased posters who like to talk basketball.

But lets stay on topic. This thread is about da_suns_fan__.

Speaking of FWD, Mr. Bottom, remember when da_suns_fan__ owned him too? He tried to throw out some new statistical ranking of western conference teams and dsf SHREDDED him!

It was quite comical to see the other posters reactions. There was this nervous vibe amongst them.

"FWD can't get owned....whats going on here? Come on FWD, fight back! Don't give up!"

Eventually FWD just admitted that his list was garbage and SpursTalk was never the same afterwards.

you need to go back and read those threads...you don't know your leader the way you think you do. either that, or you're mocking him and his ineptitude when it came to debating or discussing anything basketball related, in which case it's rude to trash your leader like that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-04-2008, 12:37 PM
^:tu

SpursDynasty
01-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Same bullshit as usual..the officials giving Phoenix all the calls, blowing the whistle 10 million times to give Amare free throws.

ratm1221
01-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Same bullshit as usual.. the team that can get the most shots to go in wins. What a fluke.

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Same bullshit as usual..the officials giving Phoenix all the calls, blowing the whistle 10 million times to give Amare free throws.

Yeah is not like he was fouled or anything. :rolleyes