PDA

View Full Version : Bonner...spark off the bench??

SouthernFried
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm really starting to like this guy...I'm even getting a little excited when he comes into the game.

Always hustling, always putting out 100%. Sorta reminds me of a FAB that can shoot (and score, been seeing a few nifty around-the-bucket moves lately.) His Defensive rotations are getting much better as well.

Screw Elson, Horry ain't all there...start Bonner and bring in Fab with Manu off the bench. Hell, it might be more fun watching Manu/Fab come off the bench than our starters!

I wanna Jersey!

What the hell is his number?

ancestron
01-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Bruno
01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Spurs can't paly during the whole regular season with a 3 men PF/C rotation. You have to give at a moment of the game some playtime to Horry or Elson. I think that giving some playtime to Horry at the start of each halves, like Pop did currently, is a good solution.

BonnerDynasty
01-04-2008, 10:59 AM
He is still a huge defensive liability but we will have Horry for those crucial moments. His Defensive view of the entire court isn't that great but oh well. He doesn't look hesitant to shoot anymore. I'm glad to see him making some shots.

nfg3
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
He is contributing off the bench at this moment. I do agree that his D isn't what we would like but he is hitting the open shot more than not and his energy/hustle is greatly needed. All in all he is a plus. Hopefully this is a trend and he will continue. We'll see what happens in the second half when Horry needs more minutes to get into playoff form. Right now Horry isn't doing all that well so he'll need some time to get it together.

td4mvp21
01-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I like him a lot too, he busts his ass out there constantly. The only thing is he NEEDS to hit his open shots. I think the one thing he lacks right now is the confidence of when to take shots and how to knock them down. He's definitely still getting comfortable with the rotation and no one else on this team is knocking down their shots anyway. I expect Bonner to be a major contributor by the end of the season.

duncan228
01-04-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm really starting to like this guy...
What the hell is his number?

:lmao