PDA

View Full Version : How Bout Them Red Raiders

Hook Dem
12-31-2004, 11:18 AM
Will the doubting Thomases please step forward! Raiders proved that the Longhorns belong in the Rose Bowl. That was an ass whipping. There were a lot of folks chastising coaches for ranking Texas ahead of Cal. Will they please now apologize. Texas beat Tech 51-21 and Tech beat Cal by 2 touchdowns(should have been 3 touchdowns). :lol Please feel free now to offer excuses.

samikeyp
01-02-2005, 05:52 PM
I am officially stepping forward. I thought Cal would romp. Glad to see I was wrong. UT did its job, Tech did its job, A&M let us down.

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2005, 04:59 PM
As I explained in the other thread, I think it's a great win for Tech, but I don't think it proves anything about the worthiness of the Cal Bears after 11 games. Cal played without any motivation against a team that was hungry for a big win and busted its ass to get it.

It's nice to see that Tech will likely end a season within the Top 15 nationally. Good for the Red Raiders and their future, which actually looks pretty bright at this point.

Spurminator
01-03-2005, 05:29 PM
No motivation? I would think that if you felt "snubbed" you'd be motivated as hell to win 70-0.

jalbre6
01-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I think it was more of that Tech asshole coach Leach getting his squad fired up for a national TV audience than Cal having a letdown. That game was about as big a bowl win as they've ever had, and what a shot in the arm to their national recruiting hopes. Can you imagine California high school wideouts watching that game and dreaming of 100 reception seasons? Great national exposure win.

It's quite possible that the Pac-10 was overrated this season...we'll know more if OU plays well against SC.

Spurminator
01-03-2005, 05:42 PM
I mean why didn't the emotional letdown apply to USC last year?

I don't think we should give the benefit of the doubt to a team that didn't have the heart to show up for their Bowl game. If anything, this should detract from their standing as an elite football team. Play the game hard. No excuses.

jalbre6
01-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Sort of like Texas losing in the same damn game last year to Washington State.

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2005, 06:17 PM
Sort of like Texas losing in the same damn game last year to Washington State.

precisely.

If you are curious about my reasoning, spurm, check out the Texas goes to the Rose Bowl thread (or whatever the hell its called).

By the way, the difference between Cal this year and USC last year is that USC still had a share of a national championship to play for. Cal had absolutely nothing, other than pride, on the line. After the huge disappointment they were dealt (at least USC got to play in the Rose Bowl last year -- Cal didn't even get that honor), I think it's pretty easy to understand why that team was flat as a pancake on Thursday night.

Mr Dio
01-03-2005, 08:23 PM
No motivation? I would think that if you felt "snubbed" you'd be motivated as hell to win 70-0.
By the way, the difference between Cal this year and USC last year is that USC still had a share of a national championship to play for. Cal had absolutely nothing, other than pride, on the line. After the huge disappointment they were dealt (at least USC got to play in the Rose Bowl last year -- Cal didn't even get that honor), I think it's pretty easy to understand why that team was flat as a pancake on Thursday night --- I would think since Cal had Erin Rodgers make the comments he did he'd go out with class. Was there not one single man amongst the Cal team? They ALL just said, "We were snubbed so we'll show the nation a real temper tantrum & curl up in the fetal position & act like babies!" I think not! Get REAL! LMAO

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2005, 06:26 PM
It's quite possible that the Pac-10 was overrated this season...we'll know more if OU plays well against SC.

I guess the final score answers the question. Does this mean the Big 12 was overrated?

Pac-10 continues to be one of the most UNDERATED conferences in the country.