PDA

View Full Version : Miami @ Dallas

Armando
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Why is Dallas playing flat vs a Shaqless and Wadeless Heat? Is not a good sign when a Chris Quinn is having a good game.

monosylab1k
01-04-2008, 10:22 PM
hey great 1st quarter against Seattle last night.

Armando
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
hey great 1st quarter against Seattle last night.

Yeah but this is the team that beat you in the 06 Finals. I expected more from Dallas to start the game. I still think they will win the game but this should have been a statement game for the Mavs.

Kriz-Maxima
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Shaq and Wade are not playing, what statement are they gonna make? We can beat the shit out of your scrubs?

Armando
01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Shaq and Wade are not playing, what statement are they gonna make? We can beat the shit out of your scrubs?

This is a game the Mavs should be up 15 plus points.

ShoogarBear
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
WTF is Dallas doing? :lol

Kriz-Maxima
01-04-2008, 11:11 PM
This is a game the Mavs should be up 15 plus points.

They just have to win. A team like dallas undermining a lesser oponent is an all to common thing in the NBA, yes it even happens to the Suns.

Armando
01-04-2008, 11:11 PM
They just have to win. A team like dallas undermining a lesser oponent is an all to common thing in the NBA, yes it even happens to the Suns.

Dallas seems to be waking up.

JamStone
01-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Dallas' mental toughness is enclosed in a fragile glass casing.

Armando
01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Damn I know the Suns have had thier share of mind boggling losses but come on Dallas. The Heat are without 4 starters and they are leading at Dallas.

ShoogarBear
01-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Chris Quinn +7 :lmao

Earl Barron +13 :rollin

BonnerDynasty
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
There needs to be a cuban cam at the bottom of the screen during the entire game.

ShoogarBear
01-04-2008, 11:43 PM
This can't possibly last, so I have to maximize the enjoyment while it lasts.

Armando
01-04-2008, 11:45 PM
This can't possibly last, so I have to maximize the enjoyment while it lasts.

:lol

Hemotivo
01-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Popeye Jones!

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I wonder what the spread was on this game?

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Aw, crap.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
The Dallas fans cheering for "big time shots" against the Shaq-&-Wade-less Heat in crunch time is ALMOST as amusing as the Knick-Spur game a couple hours ago.

Hemotivo
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
crowd dead 'til

DIRK!

Hemotivo
01-05-2008, 12:03 AM
:lol @terry

:lol @ Davis

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Miami is blowing it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
:lol Jason Terry almost fucked up by giving Ricky Davis three free throws

too bad Davis sucks balls

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
:lol @ Dallas late fouls

Can't believe it's still a one point game.

Too bad Heat's players played stupidly at the end by bleeding the clock

Mr.Bottomtooth
ROFL Miami ball.

ShoogarBear
HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Miami Ball!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Mav Fan agony at this point is almost as good as them losing.

Mr.Bottomtooth

Mr.Bottomtooth
Ricky Davis MAJOR CHOKE.
Airballs layup.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Aw, shit.

Hemotivo
01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Foul!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:11 AM
:lmao @ announcer and Ricky Davis

Dre_7
Howard likes using that little head shot on guys driving on him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Give it to Quinn.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I'll take it. So many nightmares coming back in those moments

Mr.Bottomtooth
CHOKE.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-05-2008, 12:12 AM
wtf was that? pitiful

ShoogarBear
What a freaking choke job.

Hemotivo
tanto nadar para morir en la orilla

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
good effort by the scrubs. THey were too tired, and you can't win when Ricky Davis is your go to guy. They should have given someone else the shot

ShoogarBear
And the confetti falls from the AAC!

Amarelooms
01-05-2008, 12:13 AM

FUCK ALL YOU HATERS :elephant

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:13 AM
And the confetti falls from the AAC!
By the sound of their cheers. I guess all is forgiven for their 2006 choke job.

Hemotivo
01-05-2008, 12:14 AM

ShoogarBear
Congrats, Mav Fan. Nice win.

:smokin

Kriz-Maxima
tanto nadar para morir en la orilla

*nods*

Armando
Damn Miami had that game in thier hands and Davis blows a layup even though that should have been a foul.

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:15 AM
By the sound of their cheers. I guess all is forgiven for their 2006 choke job.We beat Shaq! Um, er, we beat Dwyane! Um, uhhh . . .

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
By the sound of their cheers. I guess all is forgiven for their 2006 choke job.

Mmm.. Yeah, I remember the 2006 choke job. Did your mom ever recover from that?

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Dallas has not impressed me at all this year. Unless they are coasting right now there is no way they are competing for a championship. No defense and still primarily a jumpshooting team. If Dallas could acquire a true 2-way center they would be very hard to stop, it's a shame they gave Dampier that huge contract.

clambake
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
I have complete confidence that we can beat any team!!!!! (minus their starters)

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
FUCK ALL YOU HATERS :elephantHey, bud, where was you during the game? :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM
We beat Shaq! Um, er, we beat Dwyane! Um, uhhh . . .
Earl?

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Earl?

Mark Blount?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Mmm.. Yeah, I remember the 2006 choke job. Did your mom ever recover from that?
:lol mom jokes? Get out of the 8th grade already

Anyway, no matter how big of a homer you are for a top tier team.
If I were a Mavericks fan, I'd be laughing at my team too from that game, especially in the last sixty seconds.

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh wow. Dallas holds a one point lead, Miami has the ball, Josh Howard fouls, but no foul is called.

I.am.falling.out.of.my.chair.in.shock.A.no.call.in .favor.of.Dallas.Gee.what.a.shock.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Dallas has not impressed me at all this year. Unless they are coasting right now there is no way they are competing for a championship. No defense and still primarily a jumpshooting team. If Dallas could acquire a true 2-way center they would be very hard to stop, it's a shame they gave Dampier that huge contract.

Hi SpursDynasty.

I'm not worried about Dallas. They aren't themselves right now and they still have 22 wins. I'll take it. They'll find their groove again. Concentrate on your Spurs, our Mavs are fine.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Hi SpursDynasty.

I'm not worried about Dallas. They aren't themselves right now and they still have 22 wins. I'll take it. They'll find their groove again. Concentrate on your Spurs, our Mavs are fine.

Apparently history hasn't taught you anything. Defense wins championships, not jumpshots. Unless the Mavs can find a defensive identity they will not go far this year. Barely beating a completely depleted Miami team @ home is just pathetic.

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
So first I'm the drummer for the Josh Daniels Band (false), and now I'm DazedAndConfused (false).

I'm not the only one around here who thinks Dallas is overrated and fluke.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Anyway, no matter how big of a homer you are for a top tier team.

I don't understand this sentence. Stop using 8th grade grammar and form a complete, comprehensible sentence, and I'll stop using 8th grade jokes.

Thanks.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Apparently history hasn't taught you anything. Defense wins championships, not jumpshots. Unless the Mavs can find a defensive identity they will not go far this year. Barely beating a completely depleted Miami team @ home is just pathetic.

I saw a lot worse Spurs games last year against scrub teams. (This is the part where the "yeah but, but, but we won a championship" comes in.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Whatever the case may be, Dallas just doesn't have "IT". If they haven't won by now, it's never going to happen with this roster.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't understand this sentence. Stop using 8th grade grammar and form a complete, comprehensible sentence, and I'll stop using 8th grade jokes.

Thanks.

whatever man, sorry if I don't post all that deliberately. Replace the period with a comma I guess. Save your grammar smack talk for someone who gives a fuck.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Dallas' defense has sucked this year, but they can play decent defense when they are playing like themselves. I watch just about every Maverick game. How many have you seen? Obviously you watch quite a few since your so knowledgeable about the way they play.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:37 AM

whatever man, sorry if I don't post all that deliberately. Replace the period with a comma I guess. Save your grammar smack talk for someone who gives a fuck.

I just want to understand what the fuck you are saying. It made no sense to me.

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I guess everyone expected alot more from the Mavs. After winning 67 games last year this season feels like a letdown. Phoenix despite being 23-9 is missing something also. Lets see how they play after the All Star break.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-05-2008, 12:41 AM
I just want to understand what the fuck you are saying. It made no sense to me.

Dallas staved off another embarrassment in that game.
I'm not convinced yet with their mental edge in games like these.
They seem to get rattled so easily, especially with those stupid fouls toward the end, and that late game turnover with 6 seconds left. They're pretty transparent mentally during "statement" like games.

ludda
01-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I guess everyone expected alot more from the Mavs. After winning 67 games last year this season feels like a letdown. Phoenix despite being 23-9 is missing something also. Lets see how they play after the All Star break.

I agree, these two teams are obviously not as dominant as last season, both up and down. If Seattle were a slightly better team, they could have pulled an upset over the SUns yesterday. And Miami with Wade could have won today over the Mavs.

Mavs should really be concerned about the collective basketball IQ of the team, especially that of Terry and HOward rather than a barely win over a scrub team in Jan.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:44 AM

You'd think as critical as some of these people are being, the All Star break had already come and gone. They need to go back to their "Fire Pop" and "Trade Parker" threads. Just a bunch of over-reactors around here. Some Spurs fans think the season is over when their team loses one game at the beginning of the season. I don't expect them to look any differently at the other teams, I guess.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Records mean nothing to me right now. PHX and DAL are NOT winning the West this year. I can see a team like NOH or even the LAL taking out both PHX and DAL. SAS is still the huge favorite to win it all if they stay healthy.

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:48 AM
You'd think as critical as some of these people are being, the All Star break had already come and gone. They need to go back to their "Fire Pop" and "Trade Parker" threads. Just a bunch of over-reactors around here. Some Spurs fans think the season is over when their team loses one game at the beginning of the season. I don't expect them to look any differently at the other teams, I guess.

3 years of falling short of the Finals will do that you.

2005 Spurs over Suns 4-1

2006 Mavs over Suns 4-2

2007 Spurs over Suns 4-2

ludda
01-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Records mean nothing to me right now. PHX and DAL are NOT winning the West this year. I can see a team like NOH or even the LAL taking out both PHX and DAL. SAS is still the huge favorite to win it all if they stay healthy.

Im not sold on the HOrnets or Fakers yet. I think Utah (if they seriously pick it up) and/or Warriors could give Suns and Mavs a run.
Too early to tell.

ratm1221
01-05-2008, 12:50 AM

I'll make sure and bookmark this dumb shit. Obviously this is your first year watching basketball. 9 times out of 10 a season never ends like people expect. Especially 30 games into the season. It's still anyones season.

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 02:21 AM
not sure how they can pound their nemesis by 20 or so and then laydown to the shaqless, wadeless heat and rely on luck and bad ft shooting from the heat to win.

pussyface
01-05-2008, 02:36 AM
not sure how they can pound their nemesis by 20 or so and then laydown to the shaqless, wadeless heat and rely on luck and bad ft shooting from the heat to win.

haha
these things happen over the course of 82 games.

...is this the first season you have followed the NBA?

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 02:39 AM
haha
1 out of 82 dude. in case you haven't noticed, these things happen.

...is this the first season you have followed the NBA?

as a matter of fact it is :rolleyes

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Most airballs I've seen in an NBA game in a long time.

Mavs look like the Pistons of the last few years: Play up or down to their competition.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 03:32 AM
UTAH - great offense, horrid defense, poor rebounding.
DAL - great offense, mediocre defense, mediocre rebounding
PHX - great offense, horrible defense, extremely poor rebounding
GSW - great offense, horrible defense, mediocre rebounding
See a common thread here amongst these teams?

IMHO the top 3 teams in the WC are going to be SAS, NOH, and LAL. These 3 teams are the most balanced on both ends of the floor and have the players/coaches with the proper mentality to take them to the next level during the playoffs. You can point to the standings right now and try to refute me, but at this point teams like PHX have had very easy schedules while teams like the LAL have had the toughest in the NBA. Things will even out as we near March.

Findog
01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
They seem to get rattled so easily, especially with those stupid fouls toward the end, and that late game turnover with 6 seconds left. They're pretty transparent mentally during "statement" like games.

They've played up and down to the competition this year. Whether that's a good or bad thing, you decide. There won't be any shit teams to play down to in the postseason.

Findog
01-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Yeah but this is the team that beat you in the 06 Finals. I expected more from Dallas to start the game. I still think they will win the game but this should have been a statement game for the Mavs.

They beat the living shit out of the Heat last year in both games. Shaq missed the game in Miami and Wade missed the game in Dallas. Who was out there from the Finals last night? Haslem? It's about as relevant as a Raiders-Packers Super Bowl II rematch.

Findog
01-05-2008, 09:00 AM
The Heat are without 4 starters and they are leading at Dallas.

How did that work out for you?

Findog
01-05-2008, 09:02 AM

You know who else doesn't impress me? The Josh Daniels Band.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 09:37 AM

IMHO the top 3 teams in the WC are going to be SAS, NOH, and LAL. These 3 teams are the most balanced on both ends of the floor and have the players/coaches with the proper mentality to take them to the next level during the playoffs. You can point to the standings right now and try to refute me, but at this point teams like PHX have had very easy schedules while teams like the LAL have had the toughest in the NBA. Things will even out as we near March.
any dallas or phoenix fans willing to refute this one?
"yeah, but... but..."

Findog
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
any dallas or phoenix fans willing to refute this one?
"yeah, but... but..."

Dallas is better than mediocre when it comes to defense. You don't beat the Spurs, go to the Finals and win 67 games if you can't get stops. I suspect their defensive efficiency stats this year are down because of the 12-9 start to the season. This team can get stops when its centers are healthy. I don't know that Phoenix can say the same.

Findog
01-05-2008, 09:42 AM

The Spurs really laid the wood to the Knicks last night, didn't they?

Shank
01-05-2008, 10:17 AM

Did you know Phoenix is an equally or better rebounding team that San Antonio? Did you know the Mavs are, as well? And the Mavs also play far better than mediocre defense when the games call for it. Heaven for-fucking-bid you actually look into these things or - gasp! - watch an actual game.

Last night was further evidence that the Mavs are coasting until it's time. They've already proven they can turn it on when it's needed. And when they do - they can be pretty scary. All this BS hype out of you (SpursDynasty and the other weaklings on this board that prey on every bad Dallas game, win or lose) is just fear and ignorance at this point.

exstatic
01-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Did you know Phoenix is an equally or better rebounding team that San Antonio?
Couldn't have to do with the fact that they put up 150 shots a night, could it? If their rebounds per game are close, it's because they have MANY more opportunities. Here's an example of the lie of statistics:

Rebounds per game:
Spurs 41.5
Suns 41.4

Now the kicker:
Opponents rebounds per game:
Spurs 39.4
Suns 47.0

I'd say that a negative 5.6 rebounding margin makes you a shitty rebounding team.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:52 AM
The Spurs really laid the wood to the Knicks last night, didn't they?
yup, they did.

dallas really put the beatdown on miami, i heard.

Findog
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
yup, they did.

dallas really put the beatdown on miami, i heard.

That's right, so let's paint doom and gloom postseason scenarios when both teams did just enough to beat shitty opposition last night.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:58 AM
That's right, so let's paint doom and gloom postseason scenarios when both teams did just enough to beat shitty opposition last night.
:toast

dirk4mvp
01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Dallas barely beats a shitty team and it's wow you guys fucking suck. Spurs barely beat a shitty team and it's we're badass cause we won....did i tell you we have 4 rings?! hell i might post a image of 4 trophies and then an empty glass case like i always do in times like these.

BonnerDynasty
01-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Dallas is as always, the Spurs #1 threat. Whether they get 1st in the west or 8th in the west.

GS needs to get its shit together and get at least 7th.

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Dallas barely beats a shitty team and it's wow you guys fucking suck. Spurs barely beat a shitty team and it's we're badass cause we won....did i tell you we have 4 rings?!

Is called expectations. People expected more from Dallas (Phoenix)after last season's disaster. The Spurs really don't have to prove anything since they have 4 banners hanging in the At&T center. We are know the Spurs in the end will be there between the Mavs/Suns and the Finals.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Is called expectations. People expected more from Dallas (Phoenix)after last season's disaster. The Spurs really don't have to prove anything since they have 4 banners hanging in the At&T center. We are know the Spurs in the end will be there between the Mavs/Suns and the Finals.
yeah, well, still sucks the way the spurs are playing lately.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Dallas is as always, the Spurs #1 threat. Whether they get 1st in the west or 8th in the west.
+1

lefty
01-05-2008, 12:50 PM
No Wade, no Shaq, and the Mavs struggled to beat Miami at home.

I don't see how the Mavs can be a threat to the Spurs

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Dallas is better than mediocre when it comes to defense. You don't beat the Spurs, go to the Finals and win 67 games if you can't get stops. I suspect their defensive efficiency stats this year are down because of the 12-9 start to the season. This team can get stops when its centers are healthy. I don't know that Phoenix can say the same.

Beating the Spurs in '06 was because of Duncan getting called on a BS foul in Game 3 to foul out, and Dirk fouled Duncan at the end of regulation in Game 7 but no foul was called (much like Howard was not called for a foul last night when Dallas held a 1-pt. lead and Miami had the ball, gee what a surprise.)

And I've already stated the their 67 wins came from teams having off nights.

ludda
01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Mavs barely beat D-league Miami, Suns had trouble with the Sonics....MAVS AND SUNS ARE DOOMED, THEY SHOULD QUIT NOW AND TRADE EVERYONE!!!!

dirk4mvp
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
No Wade, no Shaq, and the Mavs struggled to beat Miami at home.

I don't see how the Mavs can be a threat to the Spurs

This is good sarcasm or you're a faggot.

The Knicks almost beat the Spurs last night..I don't see how the Spurs are a threat to the Mavs at all.. :drunk

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Spurs don't even have Manu playing man.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
The Knicks

Is Manu the Spurs best player or something?

lefty
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
This is good sarcasm or you're a faggot.

The Knicks almost beat the Spurs last night..I don't see how the Spurs are a threat to the Mavs at all.. :drunk

Did the Mavs miss key players vs Miami ? not really; still, you barely beat them, and without Shaq and Wade...

We played without Manu and Brent vs New York.

Faggot.......

Dirkgreatness
01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Mavs played without their starting center.

Bruno
01-05-2008, 04:38 PM
You know who else doesn't impress me? The Josh Daniels Band.

I don't think DazedAndConfused is SpursDynasty.
Since his first post, DazedAndConfused has acted as a Lakers fan and has criticized Spurs a lot.

Dirkgreatness
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
oh and i think Stack left the game with an injury.

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 06:48 PM
The Spurs' #1 threat is Dallas? Based on what? The Spurs played well enough in 2006 to win that series and the championship. It was what we didn't do, not what Dallas did, that cost us the 2006 series.

The Spurs have played with a championship-level consistence the past six seasons...there are no real threats to us this year.

When we lose, we beat ourselves.

mavs>spurs2
01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
The Spurs' #1 threat is Dallas? Based on what? The Spurs played well enough in 2006 to win that series and the championship. It was what we didn't do, not what Dallas did, that cost us the 2006 series.

The Spurs have played with a championship-level consistence the past six seasons...there are no real threats to us this year.

When we lose, we beat ourselves.

Damn, the Spurs must be mentally weak to beat themselves every other year.

lefty
01-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Damn, the Spurs must be mentally weak to beat themselves every other year.

Not as mentally weak as the Mavs I guess..........

mavs>spurs2
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM

Did you miss the memo or something you should never take any post in response to a SpursDynasty post seriously..

holy fucking shit

dude1394
01-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Mavs played without their starting center.

And the second half without their 6th man.

dirk4mvp
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Did the Mavs miss key players vs Miami ? not really; still, you barely beat them, and without Shaq and Wade...

Faggot.......

hey, you called me a faggot.

dirk4mvp
01-06-2008, 02:03 AM

Your comebacks have been spot on lately.

Findog
01-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Beating the Spurs in '06 was because of Duncan getting called on a BS foul in Game 3 to foul out, and Dirk fouled Duncan at the end of regulation in Game 7 but no foul was called (much like Howard was not called for a foul last night when Dallas held a 1-pt. lead and Miami had the ball, gee what a surprise.)

And I've already stated the their 67 wins came from teams having off nights.

You're just tossing the salad you're supposed to toss. But kudos on not blaming that loss on the Manu foul. Everytime Spurs fans get their britches in a wad over that series and blame it all on the 3-point play by Dirk, they seem to forget that that series would've ended in six games if JET had kept his hands off Finley's nuts. Hetero JET = Dallas in six.

Findog
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM

Faggot.......

So confusing, the Mavs had everybody but Damp against a Shaq and Wade-less Miami and barely won. Then against the Wolves ( a better team than a Shaq and Wade-less Miami Heat squad) they raped them without Damp and Stack. So confusing! But hey, you're right, Dallas can't possibly make a deep playoff run because they had an offnight and squeaked out a win against a bad team in January.

Taco
01-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Miami record is 8W and 26L :wow

They need to get some new High Paid Prostitutes

ratm1221
01-07-2008, 11:15 AM
This thread is still going?

ratm1221
01-08-2008, 11:22 AM

I wish Dallas was a Defensive powerhouse that could hold Golden State to 114 in regulation.

(Sorry, I had to)

ShoogarBear
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I wish Dallas was a Defensive powerhouse that could hold Golden State to 114 in regulation.

(Sorry, I had to)If they were, they would have lost in regulation. :)