PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Johnson is dumb!!

lefty
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/index.php

Eddie's list of best coaches of the season so far.....

Mike Woodson (Atlanta). Has done a brilliant job of molding this young team around superstar-in-the-waiting Joe Johnson. Woodson also might be one of the best coaches in the league at drawing up plays in crunch time, which is huge for a young team.

Flip Saunders (Detroit). Had the Pistons gotten off to a slow start, he would be gone. But give Saunders credit… It is not easy to coach a team laced with veterans who have won a championship. He seems to be in control and working hard at communicating better. Check out his interaction with players as they walk to the scorers’ table before games.

Nate McMillan (Portland). Along with Woodson, he is the front runner for Coach of the Year. I felt Portland would surprise this year without Greg Oden, but not to the tune of 10-game winning streaks. Nate has convinced this team to play extremely hard and allowed Brandon Roy, a second-year player, to lead them. The rest of the league better get use to this team dominating like this in the future once Oden is in uniform.

Doc Rivers (Boston). Rivers can communicate but most importantly he is allowing the three stars – Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen – to coach on the floor. That is extremely difficult to do for a lot of egomaniac coaches that would love to be in Rivers’ position right now. If Larry Brown coached this team, I would bet that he would run plays for Kendrick Perkins in crunch time just to keep the stars humble. Rivers understands why he is 22-3 and ego will never make him feel otherwise.

Sure, Larry Brown would have put an ice cold Tony Allen (who played only 7 minutes that night), on Chauncey Billups (a top clutch player and a smart veteran) in crunch time...
Eddie you are dumb :donkey

Armando
01-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I think that Mcmillan deserves that award at this point in the season. Not to take away anything away from Rivers but you are going to win alot of games when you have the PGA tour on your team. However I think Ainge deserves Executive of the year for those trades after being asleep the last few years on the job.

Pistons < Spurs
01-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Sure, Larry Brown would have put an ice cold Tony Allen (who played only 7 minutes that night), on Chauncey Billups (a top clutch player and a smart veteran) in crunch time...
Eddie you are dumb :donkey

Keep in mind that Rondo had 5 fouls...and there was a good chance, if not very probable, that it was going to go into overtime. I really can't blame him trying to save his starting PG for OT.

lefty
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Keep in mind that Rondo had 5 fouls...and there was a good chance, if not very probable, that it was going to go into overtime. I really can't blame him trying to save his starting PG for OT.

Yes, but he could have tried Posey (or even House).

With so little time left, you know Chauncey will take the shot

Armando
01-04-2008, 11:09 PM

Posey's size might have bothered Billups. I am surprise Rivers did not go to him. Posey is a great defender a poor man's Bowen.

Pistons < Spurs
01-04-2008, 11:11 PM

I know Billups has the moniker of 'Big Shot' but we quite often see Rip or Sheed get the final shot. In fact, the inbounds pass was supposed to be for Rip, not Chauncey. We were running the same play we ran the previous year where Rip hit the game winner with like 1 second to go. The fact that Billups got the ball was just a byproduct of the Celtcis doing a good scouting job, and denying Rip the ball.

That being said, I would have gone w/ Posey in case Billups did get the ball.

lefty
01-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I know Billups has the moniker of 'Big Shot' but we quite often see Rip or Sheed get the final shot. In fact, the inbounds pass was supposed to be for Rip, not Chauncey. We were running the same play we ran the previous year where Rip hit the game winner with like 1 second to go. The fact that Billups got the ball was just a byproduct of the Celtcis doing a good scouting job, and denying Rip the ball.

That being said, I would have gone w/ Posey in case Billups did get the ball.

Good point, I remember that shot by Rip.

When Sheed takes a clutch 3, it's usually of the pick'n'roll, or when Chauncey attracts some attention from the D (either when is posting up a smaller guard, or when he penetrates)

JamStone
01-05-2008, 12:39 AM
With the exception of Doc Rivers, I agree with Eddie Johnson.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Rivers understands why he is 22-3 and ego will never make him feel otherwise.
and for that, rivers gets to be on his list. rrrrright.

baller12
04-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree

balli
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
http://hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/index.php

Eddie's list of best coaches of the season so far.....

Mike Woodson (Atlanta). Has done a brilliant job of molding this young team around superstar-in-the-waiting Joe Johnson. Woodson also might be one of the best coaches in the league at drawing up plays in crunch time, which is huge for a young team.

I've watched nearly every single Hawks game the past 4 years and this could not be more wrong. I'm not going to look up the stats, but I'd bet ATL has lost more close games than any other team. I specifically think the main reason Mike Woodsen is a bad coach is his utter lack of ability when it comes to drawing up plays in crunch time. I mean, I specifically think and bitch about it all the time. If they were so damn good in crunch time wouldn't we at least see a game winner every now and again? Instead they have ahuge amount of one, two and three point losses. Eddie Johnson is fucking clueless.