PDA

View Full Version : CP3: MVP of the league?

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 01:01 AM
This guy is perhaps the most underrated player in the entire NBA. Without him NOH goes nowhere. I have yet to see a player manage an offense the way CP3 has since Magic.

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Nash

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Paul is a great too bad he is playing to empty seats in New Orleans. They should have stayed in OKC.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 01:08 AM
to say paul is underrated is overrating him.

DOMINATOR
01-05-2008, 01:16 AM
Nash
uhh nash plays with 2 allstars... compare that to west/chandler.

Chris Paul has been the MVP of this season so far. chris paul does everything nash does AND plays defense.

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:18 AM

Chris Paul has been the MVP of this season so far. chris paul does everything nash does AND plays defense.

Baron Davis 10-19 for 26 points plus 8 assists and 2 steals. What defense?

DOMINATOR
01-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Baron Davis 10-19 for 26 points plus 8 assists and 2 steals. What defense?
whats baron's line against nash?
also CP3- 10/20 for 24 pts, 13 ast, 5 stls

actually baron isn't a very good factor to measure players by because he is so streaky. and why only use 1 game... lol

ludda
01-05-2008, 01:24 AM
CP3 is lighting it up this season, I can't wait to see him in action in the postseason

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:26 AM
whats baron's line against nash?
also CP3- 10/20 for 24 pts, 13 ast, 5 stls

actually baron isn't a very good factor to measure players by because he is so streaky. and why only use 1 game... lol

Is no secret that Nash is a defensive liability. But I will take Nash over Paul in the game.

dirk4mvp
01-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Dwight Howard

Armando
01-05-2008, 01:40 AM
KG

peskypesky
01-05-2008, 03:14 AM
This guy is perhaps the most underrated player in the entire NBA. Without him NOH goes nowhere. I have yet to see a player manage an offense the way CP3 has since Magic.

I agree. He's under-rated. The dude is ballin' on both ends of the court. He's scoring, assisting, stealing, providing leadership. His stats are awesome. His team is winning. And he's doing all this without a single All-Star on his team!!!

Nash has himself, Marion and Stoudamire.
Parker has himself, Duncan and Manu.
Kidd has himself, Carter and Jefferson.
Deron Williams has Carlos Boozer.

Chris Paul is the real deal. I love his game.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 03:16 AM
CP3 bests everyone mentioned in this thread. He gets you 20+ pts, 10+ assists, 3+ steals nearly every night. The best 2-way PG in this league right now, period.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hornets snag that #1 WC seed very soon. If they stay healthy they are one of the top teams in the West easily. Perhaps one of the best starting 5's in the NBA outside of Boston.

mffl89
01-05-2008, 03:31 AM
I agree. He's under-rated. The dude is ballin' on both ends of the court. He's scoring, assisting, stealing, providing leadership. His stats are awesome. His team is winning. And he's doing all this without a single All-Star on his team!!!

Nash has himself, Marion and Stoudamire.
Parker has himself, Duncan and Manu.
Kidd has himself, Carter and Jefferson.
Deron Williams has Carlos Boozer.

Chris Paul is the real deal. I love his game.

Actually Peja was an All-Star a couple years ago.

Matchman
01-05-2008, 03:38 AM
Chris Paul has Chandler, West, Peja. I will take this front court over Boozer + Okur + AK47 and Carter + Jefferson

Fillmoe
01-05-2008, 05:05 AM
paul is that dude... easily my favorite player in the league

m33p0
01-05-2008, 05:37 AM
alot of love being showered on CP3 in this single thread. see, told you he ain't underrated.

atxrocker
01-05-2008, 05:44 AM
paul is that dude... easily my favorite player in the league

one of my favorites too. the kid is underrated if you ask me. such a gifted player.

kingsfan
01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
one of my favorites too. the kid is underrated if you ask me. such a gifted player.Agreed, right now I'd vote for him, but he won't win unfortunately.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2008, 09:35 AM
This guy is perhaps the most underrated player in the entire NBA.
If he's that underrated then how on Earth do you expect him to win it?

DOMINATOR
01-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Chris Paul has Chandler, West, Peja. I will take this front court over Boozer + Okur + AK47
what are you smoking? chandler can rebound and dunk thats it. west is solid and peja is streaky, doesnt play D and sits out half the games.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:57 AM
could someone please explain to me how chris paul, darling of the sports media, is underrated?

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
could someone please explain to me how chris paul, darling of the sports media, is underrated?

He is not underrated by any means. When people make comparisons to Magic you are not underrated. If the Hornets make the playoffs we won't hear the end of how great Paul is while his team is eliminated in the 1st round.

Findog
01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Chandler can also play defense. What I wouldn't give to have him on the Mavs instead of Damp/Diop.

JamStone
01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
He is not underrated by any means. When people make comparisons to Magic you are not underrated. If the Hornets make the playoffs we won't hear the end of how great Paul is while his team is eliminated in the 1st round.

I haven't heard comparisons to Magic.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Chandler can also play defense. What I wouldn't give to have him on the Mavs instead of Damp/Diop.
instead of oberto/elson too. that kid is awesome. what on earth was paxson thinking?

JamStone
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Chris Paul has Chandler, West, Peja. I will take this front court over Boozer + Okur + AK47 and Carter + Jefferson

Carter and Jefferson isn't a front court.

JamStone
01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Actually Peja was an All-Star a couple years ago.

Last time Peja was an all star, so were Brad Miller, Sam Cassell, and Jamaal Magloire.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Carter and Jefferson isn't a front court.
true. one or both of them are often off court. :lol :lol :lol

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I haven't heard comparisons to Magic.

That should be a vbookie. The Hornets play the Heat next Friday on ESPN. Lets see how many times they make Magic comparisons.

Armando
01-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Last time Peja was an all star, so were Brad Miller, Sam Cassell, and Jamaal Magloire.

:lol

JamStone
01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
That should be a vbookie. The Hornets play the Heat next Friday on ESPN. Lets see how many times they make Magic comparisons.

I've heard Isiah Thomas, even some Jason Kidd. I haven't heard Magic.

JamStone
01-05-2008, 01:01 PM
CP3 bests everyone mentioned in this thread. He gets you 20+ pts, 10+ assists, 3+ steals nearly every night. The best 2-way PG in this league right now, period.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hornets snag that #1 WC seed very soon. If they stay healthy they are one of the top teams in the West easily. Perhaps one of the best starting 5's in the NBA outside of Boston.

Being a Spurs fan you should know that steals doesn't equate to being a good defender. Chris Paul gets steals. That's not the same thing as Chris Paul is a good defender. He still has problems against bigger point guards simply because of size differential. He's not a better 2-way PG than Baron Davis or even Jason Kidd (yes still).

OldDirtMcGirt
01-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Chris Paul doesn't play defense. He gambles on steals. He's a terrible man on defender.

That said, Dwight Howard is probably still my MVP.

atxrocker
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM
i guess i don't understand why people shit on chris paul. he seems to have some people who naturally hate on him when he is a great talent and seems like an all around good, likable guy (unlike lebron and others) what the fuck gives? does anyone in this thread who discounts him deny that he is talented?

JamStone
01-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Chris Paul is one of my favorite players to watch and I think he has great talent. If that comment includes me, my point is that you can't call a player a great 2-way player just because they get steals. Getting steals is not the only attribute in being a good perimeter defender.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
CP3 doing it again tonight against PHX. NOH is one of the top teams in the West, CP3 is THE top PG in the West. They just don't get any credit or respect.

The top 3 teams in the WC come playoff time will be LAL, NOH, and the Spurs. Book it.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:42 PM
well, any chris paul-magic johnson comparison made during the game?

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
well, any chris paul-magic johnson comparison made during the game?

IDK I was watching Celtics/Pistons.

ludda
01-07-2008, 12:52 AM
i guess i don't understand why people shit on chris paul. he seems to have some people who naturally hate on him when he is a great talent and seems like an all around good, likable guy (unlike lebron and others) what the fuck gives? does anyone in this thread who discounts him deny that he is talented?

people always hate on great talents. Chris Paul has amazed me so far, he's well on his way to being an elite player.

DazedAndConfused
01-07-2008, 10:00 AM
CP3 is an elite player in the NBA right now. No PG orchestrates an offense the way he does, not even Nash.

Cry Havoc
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
people always hate on great talents. Chris Paul has amazed me so far, he's well on his way to being an elite player.

People hate on them because after ~100 games in a uniform they are being compared to the all-time greats by the media sensationalist hype machine. People hate them because after two seasons there are threads like, "Paul > Magic?" and "Will CP3 be one of the top 3 point guards ever?" popping up all over the boards here by 15 year-olds who are too young to remember anything earlier than the 2000 season. These discussions clog the board space and take away from legitimate threads, so the supposed "hate" for the player is a reaction to the undue praise he will receive.

Make no mistake, Paul is great. He's having a great season and I like him as a player. I've started threads about him. But he could average 35 points 8 boards and 10 assists per game this year and he still does not merit an all-time best comparison. No one does this early in his career.

howbouthemspurs
01-07-2008, 02:25 PM
smush Parker is better!