PDA

View Full Version : The Biggest BS Foul of All-Time, Part Two

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Wow, surprising this involves Dwight Coward fouling Yao and they don't call on D. Coward, but on Yao :rolleyes

http://media.putfile.com/Yao-gets-another-Bogus-call--Refs-Racist-plain-and-simple

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-05-2008, 03:15 PM
ROFL Now that's not right. :lmao

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 03:29 PM
ROFL Now that's not right. :lmao

Not to play this card, but I wonder if these 2 fouls would have been called on Yao if his skin color were very dark, and if he had a ben wallace fro like this :fro and was born and raised on 9 mile road in Detroit(just 1 mile north of the famous 8 mile road in 'da hood)

http://media.putfile.com/Yao-gets-another-Bogus-call--Refs-Racist-plain-and-simple

ZYF_emoL3Yw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZYF_emoL3Yw

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2158074&posted=1#post2158074

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Dwight Howard is an idiot.

I'm glad the officials have stopped inflating Orlando's record. Orlando has lost 10 of their last 19 games.

That is the most outrageous call I've ever seen in sports.

FromWayDowntown
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I don't know about that one -- Yao pretty clearly sticks his ass out to set the screen and officials have been calling offensive fouls when players do things like that (expand the space that they would otherwise occupy in setting screens). It's probably best to be a no call, but I can see that there's a foul there and that it's on Yao -- the Rockets' homer announcers notwithstanding.

JamStone
01-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Good call.

timvp
01-05-2008, 04:05 PM
:lmao @ the rockets' announcers. They are the most homer announcers in all of sport.

The call on Yao in that first video was understandable. As FWD pointed out, officials are on high alert to call any screen set by one's azz. Duncan has been called for doing that same azz screen about a dozen times over the last couple years.

And that other video of Yao getting thrown down .... the foul was obviously called prior to the takedown. I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the homerism of the Rocket announcers or the pulling of the race card :rollin

ShoogarBear
01-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Man, Rick Adelman comes to Houston, and Rockhead Fans go Sacramento.

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 06:07 PM
:lmao @ the rockets' announcers. They are the most homer announcers in all of sport.

The call on Yao in that first video was understandable. As FWD pointed out, officials are on high alert to call any screen set by one's azz. Duncan has been called for doing that same azz screen about a dozen times over the last couple years.

And that other video of Yao getting thrown down .... the foul was obviously called prior to the takedown. I'm not sure what's more ridiculous, the homerism of the Rocket announcers or the pulling of the race card :rollin

If you set an ass screen directly behind you with the defender coming in a direct line, he is going to foul you whether your ass is in line with your spine or not. It's not like the defender was going around Yao and then Yao set a side ass screen. :rolleyes

Roxsfan
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM

You talkin' 'bout homeristic announcers, is that what we're talkin' 'bout,

give me a break :rolleyes
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/sean_elliott_100.jpg

Armando
01-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Nothing beats the homererrifc Heat announcers.

Armando
01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Dwight Howard is an idiot.

I'm glad the officials have stopped inflating Orlando's record. Orlando has lost 10 of their last 19 games.

That is the most outrageous call I've ever seen in sports.

How are they inflating the record? Are they giving the Magic all the calls?

v2freak
01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
My thoughts:

1st call was nothing to get riled up over. If it were up to me, I'd leave it as a no call, but I can understand why they called it. Yes, he is 7'6" and it's not his fault, as the homer Rocket announcers so astutely pointed out...and it's not Howard's fault either.

2nd call was dumb, Howard knocked Yao down, it seemed. But now I'm wondering why more people don't call Yao a whiner.

Roxsfan
01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
My thoughts:

1st call was nothing to get riled up over. If it were up to me, I'd leave it as a no call, but I can understand why they called it. Yes, he is 7'6" and it's not his fault, as the homer Rocket announcers so astutely pointed out...and it's not Howard's fault either.

2nd call was dumb, Howard knocked Yao down, it seemed. But now I'm wondering why more people don't call Yao a whiner.

b/c people who know, know he is not officiated correctly/fairly/properly/consistently/respectfully etc

v2freak
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Ah, well, your objective answer explains it.

PacerFan
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Worst announcers? Have you heard Tom Heinshon and Mike Gorman? (Celtic announcers)

DOMINATOR
01-06-2008, 11:26 PM
yao is whining a bit too much for my taste. he argues every call now. even legit ones.

Roxsfan
01-06-2008, 11:28 PM
yao is whining a bit too much for my taste. he argues every call now. even legit ones.

thats ok, he's in good company.............Tim Duncan.

But, yes I see that too. but he is frustrated.

v2freak
01-07-2008, 04:09 AM
Worst announcers? Have you heard Tom Heinshon and Mike Gorman? (Celtic announcers)

Yeah, they are pretty bad. I was exposed to all of "Tommy Points" during my tenure in the Northeast. Still, it's not quite as impressive as "If you don't like that, you don't like NBA Basketball!"

And people already consider Duncan a bit of a whiner, myself not excluded.

Obstructed_View
01-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Yao looked over his shoulder and threw his hip into Howard. Just because there's a voiceover of someone whining about it doesn't make it a bad call. I forgive Rockette fans for this because you haven't watched basketball since 1995 and were motivated to start following the team again when the experts mistakenly picked them to become a factor.

m33p0
01-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Yao looked over his shoulder and threw his hip into Howard. Just because there's a voiceover of someone whining about it doesn't make it a bad call. I forgive Rockette fans for this because you haven't watched basketball since 1995 and were motivated to start following the team again when the experts mistakenly picked them to become a factor.
ah... the ole hipcheck.