PDA

View Full Version : NO vs. PHX

Xylus
01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Suns playing the worst fucking D I've ever seen in my life.

It's pretty fucking sad when Amare Stoudemire is the only one putting any effort in on that end of the court.

ludda
01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
impressive win for Hornets.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:17 PM
whoaw... 117 111 hornets.

edit:
final 118 - 113 hornets

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:23 PM
:wtf

I don't get it. This game was a gimme with no David West. Stoudemire was the only one that made any effort on defense.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Hornets win without West, on a back to back, on the road. Unbelievable win for them. They are legit. Top 3 team in the WC this year.

Like I've been saying, PHX and DAL are not as good as their records state this year. The guard is changing, PHX/DAL/SAS are all on the decline. There is going to be some teams coming out of the West that nobody predicted in October.

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Hornets win without West, on a back to back, on the road. Unbelievable win for them. They are legit. Top 3 team in the WC this year.

Like I've been saying, PHX and DAL are not as good as their records state this year. The guard is changing, PHX/DAL/SAS are all on the decline. There is going to be some teams coming out of the West that nobody predicted in October.

I agree with that but lets not go overboard. Don't hand the Hornets the West just yet. I still like the Blazers more when Oden comes back.

ludda
01-05-2008, 11:27 PM

yes you've informed of us that in almost every thread.

I guess we'll have to wait and see or should we take your word for it and tell phx, mavs and spurs to give up since the hornets and lakers are supposedly going to come out of the west this year?

SpursDynasty
01-05-2008, 11:28 PM
So the Spurs lose 6 out of the last 10, yet here they are sitting once again at 1st place in the Western Conference.

We'll take that.

Xylus
01-05-2008, 11:30 PM
:wtf

I don't get it. This game was a gimme with no David West. Stoudemire was the only one that made any effort on defense.
I can't recall how many times the Hornets had wide open shots. I'm not talking a few feet of space, I'm talking no around for miles, no one charging forward to contest. Every single time it happened, the Hornets would knock down the 3-pointer.

Chris Paul was amazing, of course, no matter how well you defended him, but Morris Peterson and Jannero Pargo should not be torching you for 20 points apiece. Looking at the box score, it doesn't seem to make any sense--the Suns shot 4% better from the field, and outrebounded the Hornets by 2. But I guess bad things tend to happen when you only force 7 turnovers and allow 15 offensive rebounds.

I'm so disgusted with this team right now. Never have the Suns had a more talented group of players, and they come out every night with no defensive intensity.

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I can't recall how many times the Hornets had wide open shots. I'm not talking a few feet of space, I'm talking no around for miles, no one charging forward to contest. Every single time it happened, the Hornets would knock down the 3-pointer.

Chris Paul was amazing, of course, no matter how well you defended him, but Morris Peterson and Jannero Pargo should not be torching you for 20 points apiece. Looking at the box score, it doesn't seem to make any sense--the Suns shot 4% better from the field, and outrebounded the Hornets by 2. But I guess bad things tend to happen when you only force 7 turnovers and allow 15 offensive rebounds.

I'm so disgusted with this team right now. Never have the Suns had a more talented group of players, and they come out every night with no defensive intensity.

CP3 you have to live with him having a good game but at the same time you can't give him 28 points and 10 assists. You have to either make him a passer or scorer not both.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 11:36 PM
If SAS can stay healthy for the playoffs they win the West. Nobody can beat the Spurs when they are fully healthy and clicking on all cylinders.

BUT, if the injuries keep nagging the Spurs like they have been this season the West will be wide open for anyone to take it.

DazedAndConfused
01-05-2008, 11:37 PM
CP3 you have to live with him having a good game but at the same time you can't give him 28 points and 10 assists. You have to either make him a passer or scorer not both.

Yup you stop CP3 just like you stop Nash. Make him a scorer. Don't let his teammates get involved in the game. Teams don't really have a gameplan for him yet since they are such a new team, but I expect that to change in the playoffs.

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:39 PM
In other news Martell Webster is torching the Jazz. 20 points in the 3rd.

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:45 PM
The Jazz is double teaming Webster.

ludda
01-05-2008, 11:47 PM
blazers are excellent at home.

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Webster has a career high 26 points. He scored 26 of the Blazers 36 points in the quarter to Utah's 22.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Webster has a career high 26 points. He scored 26 of the Blazers 36 points in the quarter to Utah's 22.

holy smokes!

Armando
01-05-2008, 11:56 PM
holy smokes!

His cousin in Dallas must be happy. Jason Terry

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM

if you to repeat something over and over again, it will come true one of these days.

m33p0
01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
we'll find out the truth come march/april if these guys are for real.

Armando
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM
we'll find out the truth come march/april if these guys are for real.

Agree

DazedAndConfused
01-06-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree to an extent that a team must prove themselves in the playoffs before they get any credit, but I have to say I'm mighty impressed with NOH.

They have the best road record in the WC and one of the best records against above .500 competition. None of their players seem mentally "soft" either. CP3 is clutch, Peja is pretty clutch, Chandler is just a no nonsense defender/rebounder, West looks like a prison inmate you don't wanna F with, etc. They have a coach that has taken a team to the Finals as well. I'd be mighty surprised to see them fall from the level they are playing at right now.

Roxsfan
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Agree

wow, phoenix is not the same team they used to be

m33p0
01-06-2008, 12:47 AM

i would have said "wow, rockets is not the team they're supposed to be." but since i'm not a suns fan, i'll let it slide. :drunk

Armando
01-06-2008, 12:56 AM

I agree but they are still 23-10 and 2nd in the West. Houston is 10th in the West. I would think both teams pick up after the All Star break. Let see

Roxsfan
01-06-2008, 01:14 AM
I agree but they are still 23-10 and 2nd in the West. Houston is 10th in the West. I would think both teams pick up after the All Star break. Let see

I agree, houston will get better...the schedule is favoring them and they've had the most road games(fewer home games) than any other team in the league...they had a new coach/system/new players and some injuries here and there. When mac comes back, I hope he can play within the team and NOT try to be THE team. It's good that the rox are winning w/out him to bring his ego down a few clicks. If this happens and health persists, they can put a scary run together.

Phoenix having nash will always be a scary team and should get better down the stretch(not that the record looks bad, though). You should have picked up Aaron Brooks, he is lightning quick, great finisher, great passer, can rain from 3 and adelman insisted on drafting him as he watched him in oregon and adelman is playing him. Remember this name: Aaron Brooks--he can block too, guys that are 6'8" to 6'10", including brandon bass in d-league play. Glad we picked him up, and not Phoenix.
He is listed at 6'0" even, but might be 5'11" or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqMoU4qxjLk&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=140414

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSS7jmuPO-g&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=140414
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVjz2ngZGtw&eurl=http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=140414

http://clutchfans.net/images/players/aaron_brooks.jpg Aaron Brooks grew up about a mile from Nate Robinson in Seattle and the two diminutive guards were college rivals, when Brooks played for Oregon and Robinson played at Washington.

Both shined in their first professional matchup on Saturday night and Brooks' team claimed the victory.

Brooks scored a career-high 22 points, Yao Ming added 30 and the Houston Rockets beat the New York Knicks 103-91, their fourth win in six games without Tracy McGrady.

Armando
01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
Does Byron Scott ever uncrossed his arms?

ajh18
01-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Does anyone know why David West got a dnp cd? i remember him being a good young prospect. What happened?

SpursDynasty
01-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Good job New Orleans. It's good to see teams going out there and taking care of business. Phoenix had no business being the #1 record in the West. NOH just beat a team they were supposed to beat.

DazedAndConfused
01-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Good job New Orleans. It's good to see teams going out there and taking care of business. Phoenix had no business being the #1 record in the West. NOH just beat a team they were supposed to beat.

Yup PHX is getting exposed left and right against quality competition. They have no business being the #1 team in the WC right now. Inflated record due to easy schedule thus far, it will get considerably harder for them from Feb. onwards.

ludda
01-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah I noticed Suns have not done very well against quality competition so far (0-2 against Lakers, 0-2 against Hornets, 0-1 against Mavs...and they beat a parkerless spurs).

m33p0
01-06-2008, 05:23 AM
Yeah I noticed Suns have not done very well against quality competition so far (0-2 against Lakers, 0-2 against Hornets, 0-1 against Mavs...and they beat a parkerless spurs).

they're just losing the games they're supposed to lose.

vicphoenix
01-06-2008, 08:31 AM

I don't get it. Some Spurs fans need to stop concerning themselves with the Suns. The Suns lost a regular season game against a quality opponent. Big deal! The playoffs are all they care about. Spurs fans should know better than anyone that the regular season in overrated.

AZLouis
01-06-2008, 09:29 AM
The playoffs are all they care about.

LOL.

That comment is about the furthest from the truth. Their slogan may be "eyes on the prize" but Antoni wants/needs 55+ wins in the regular season to drive his ego because it "proves" his system works.

Besides PO failure can always be chalked up to JJ broke his face, Nash broke his face, Horry is a meany, the refs screwed us again, Amare was hurt and we only knew about for several months leading up to a trade deadline and only expiring contracts and an $8 million TE to use and we were caught off guard.

This PO team is 11-8 versus West opponents and 12-2 versus the East.

6 guys average 30+ minutes per game. Another at 25+.

This shtick is old. Unfortunately the EVT is reporting that the Suns may be standing pat for the season.

This team cares so much about winning they traded KT and a 1st rounder for nobody. They traded James Jones and a 1st rounder for nobody. Forgot they handed Boston Rajan Rondo on a silver platter for nothing in return.

Raja Bell has been hampered by injuries all season and they still play him hurt.