PDA

View Full Version : Spanoulis Video Youtube "The Greek Steve Nash"

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-06-2008, 12:22 AM
I gets this from the realgm

cHwY13rlPjA

OFJfbQDNwM8

ojFXnTYBccY

He say he still think about play for Spurs, fan still not interest?

Please no ban of me Kori for post?

exstatic
01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
fan still not interest

itzsoweezee
01-06-2008, 12:30 AM
i think he *might* be better than the average american high school point guard.

eye of the tiger, wow, europeans are so cool.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Still not interested.

AFBlue
01-06-2008, 12:36 AM
As a combo guard he wouldn't be a terrible option.

Spurs don't have a third PG at present and might be losing either Fin, Barry, or both.

I'd say it depends how much he is willing to take for salary will factor in, but the Spurs could do worse than this kid.

Kori Ellis
01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
I'd say it depends how much he is willing to take for salary will factor in, but the Spurs could do worse than this kid.

He wants more money than Bowen makes.

AFBlue
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
He wants more money than Bowen makes.

In that case....no thanks.

Spurs can find options for long-term backup PG and SG elsewhere and most likely for cheaper.

BeerIsGood!
01-06-2008, 12:41 AM
The guy who let weasly little Jeff Van Gundy send him home crying to mama? No thanks.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-06-2008, 01:02 AM
we no want

Vinny Del Negro
01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I'm thankful we've finally been given the opportunity to view some of this average player's mediocre highlights. Thanks Bill!

Mr. Body
01-06-2008, 01:15 AM
the greek my left ball

J.T.
01-06-2008, 01:16 AM
The Greek Steve Nash? What is that like the same thing as the White Tim Duncan?

SouthernFried
01-06-2008, 01:18 AM
At the right price, kid looks like a decent option. NBA is a whole different game tho, saw some terrible D on his layups. Still, he looks like he has potential NBA material.

But, I don't think the price he wants is gonna fit with the Spurs. This kid needs to play a lot to feel comfortable, and it ain't happening in San Antonio. A good Don Nelson type. Prolly would be better then Beno too.

Not gonna happen in San Antonio that I can see tho. Sorry.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-06-2008, 01:42 AM
At the right price, kid looks like a decent option. NBA is a whole different game tho, saw some terrible D on his layups. Still, he looks like he has potential NBA material.

But, I don't think the price he wants is gonna fit with the Spurs. This kid needs to play a lot to feel comfortable, and it ain't happening in San Antonio. A good Don Nelson type. Prolly would be better then Beno too.

Not gonna happen in San Antonio that I can see tho. Sorry.

It look to me like in game verse team US nba all-stars also terrible defense on layups then yes?

Also it have from the realgm a nba video I gives link below look like also the terrible defense by NBA players on his layups even look much worse to me than the Euroleague defenders in other video even Spurs defenders not even close to stop them.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2JxYa3QqBYo

CubanMustGo
01-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Look, do you need RC Buford's email address or something? There's not a damned person here that has anything to do with who the Spurs sign. I keep hoping you will figure this out but you seem pretty dense.

FromWayDowntown
01-06-2008, 02:57 AM
Kill Bill Pana has convinced me. I've been handwriting letters to R.C. Buford for several months now, imploring the Spurs to spend whatever it takes to bring Billy to U.S.

Trade Duncan if you must, but bring me Billy!!

Budkin
01-06-2008, 03:32 AM
:lmao at this thread.

SouthernFried
01-06-2008, 03:53 AM
It look to me like in game verse team US nba all-stars also terrible defense on layups then yes?

Also it have from the realgm a nba video I gives link below look like also the terrible defense by NBA players on his layups even look much worse to me than the Euroleague defenders in other video even Spurs defenders not even close to stop them.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2JxYa3QqBYo

Ok, fine. His layups were on bad Defensive USA team in olympics too.

Still wont change the fact there is no room for him on the Spurs. I think he has potential NBA talent...just wont fit right now for the Spurs. Sorry.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Here we go again... :lmao

Bruno
01-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Spanoulis hasn't a great season so far.

Cian
01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Dude, i don't like Spanoulis, but i don't see any reason to beat on the poor guy who started the thread, he is just excited he is hearing cool stuff about a local player. :downspin:

caฎlo
01-06-2008, 11:24 AM
shouldnt kill bill pana stop posting here anymore?

based on his previous thread.

Bruno
01-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Spanoulis' fans didn't even know what Spanoulis has won. :lol
For example, Spanoulis didn't won the U18 European championship in 2000.

and :rollin to "this video is dedicated to the greatest point guard on Earth".

MaNuMaNiAc
01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Isn't this jackass confined to post on the original spanoulis thread??

Hemotivo
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
the greek steve nash :lmao :lol :lmao

ehz33satx
01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Dude, i don't like Spanoulis, but i don't see any reason to beat on the poor guy who started the thread, he is just excited he is hearing cool stuff about a local player. :downspin:

You must be new around here.

FromWayDowntown
01-06-2008, 06:15 PM
If Darius Washington hangs one on Billy, does that make Darius the new Greek Steve Nash?

Indazone
01-07-2008, 03:17 AM
No only if Steve Nash does..and then let the "I was Steve Nash in Greece" rumors start lol.

Obstructed_View
01-07-2008, 04:24 AM
Overrated and never won anything, but Greek. Ah.

timvp
01-07-2008, 04:32 AM
If Darius Washington hangs one on Billy, does that make Darius the new Greek Steve Nash?No, that would just confirm that Billy is indeed the Greek Steve Nash.

:smokin

one4all
01-07-2008, 06:55 AM
so he is back in Europe. Isn't he? Where is he playing now?

ehz33satx
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Spanoulis is the greatest player in basketball history, if only to Kill_Bill_Panna.

remingtonbo2001
01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
We might not want V-SPAN, but you may want to go ahead next door over to KINGS TALK.

Rumor is they've been itching to get their hands on a quality point guard.

And unlike our front office, they actually take advice from their fans. That might explain why they are such a quality team.

nkdlunch
01-07-2008, 02:24 PM
more like the greek snatch

ambchang
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Did you see how he made highlight plays against basketball powerhouse Qatar?
Also, he got Nash's d down pat.

Michi_Germany
01-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Nobody needs Spanoulis in San Antonio. I've seen many Euroleague Games this year - but Spanoulis is not one of the Superstars here. He is a solid PG in one of the best Teams in Europe - but nothing more. He would never have a real chance to get into Spurs rotation.

IceColdBrewski
01-07-2008, 03:31 PM
The guy who let weasly little Jeff Van Gundy send him home crying to mama? No thanks.

Exactly. If he can't handle Jeff Van Gundy, he sure as hell won't be able to handle a pissed off Popovich. He'd be running back to Greece after a week.

No. Not interested.

remingtonbo2001
01-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Exactly. If he can't handle Jeff Van Gundy, he sure as hell won't be able to handle a pissed off Popovich. He'd be running back to Greece after a week.

No. Not interested.

:lol :lol That would be halarious to actually see.

They could make an HEB commercial

Pan to VSPAN runnning off court as he cries.

Manu says: What's his problem?

Bowen: Pop just wanted some refreshing HEB bottled water....

Brent: Wait till he see's post-season Pop.

freemeat
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Kill Bill Pana has convinced me. I've been handwriting letters to R.C. Buford for several months now, imploring the Spurs to spend whatever it takes to bring Billy to U.S.

Trade Duncan if you must, but bring me Billy!!

Seriously,the funniest thing I've read on ST...

Retard posters make this site so entertaining.

wildbill2u
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't know if Spanoulis can make the team, but you have a great future as a publicist or agent.

Your persistence is very like Pop's slogan for the Spurs--" it's not the last blow of the hammer that breaks the rock, but all those that have gone before it."

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I ask Billy he use myspace sites again he say maybe he will so Spur fan can ask him the question he not decide yet but here

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=129634939

Then if he decide use again you can ask him question there so not get mad at me relate thing from him.

Indazone
01-16-2008, 06:53 PM
If Billy makes decisions based on what fans say then he will have a very short NBA career. Billy needs to decide for himself whether or not he want's the NBA and if he is good enough to make it in this league. Fans and opinions matter very little. All NBA players get their share of player haters and Vspan is no exception.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

remingtonbo2001
01-16-2008, 06:58 PM
If Billy makes decisions based on what fans say then he will have a very short NBA career. Billy needs to decide for himself whether or not he want's the NBA and if he is good enough to make it in this league. Fans and opinions matter very little. All NBA players get their share of player haters and Vspan is no exception.

SHHHH..... :nope

I like the idea of Billy making decision based on the opinions of those here at ST. It's a great idea. Think if it works out, the possibilities. We will finally have someone on the inside. :smokin

Kobayagi
01-16-2008, 07:12 PM
we no want no more, you say leave now.

Extra Stout
01-16-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't know if Spanoulis can make the team, but you have a great future as a publicist or agent.

Your persistence is very like Pop's slogan for the Spurs--" it's not the last blow of the hammer that breaks the rock, but all those that have gone before it."
:dizzy

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 12:22 AM
I'm sure Beno's highlights looked like that too.

I'll pass. Gimme' a Anthony Carter. I'd rather pay him 2-3 mill a year.

ancestron
01-17-2008, 09:18 AM
I think Spanoulis would be an excellent addition to the Spurs.

not.

Indazone
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
After another poster suggested it, and thinking more about it, yes I believe Don Nelson's system would be perfect for him. He could actually excel in the Warrior's system although he'd be playing behind Baron Davis, Jackson, and Ellis. Hmmm come to think of it..he'd never get playing time there lol. He needs to go where the NBA team is short on guards so yeah the Kings or the Clippers would be a good start.

kuato
01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Pepe Sanchez is better :downspin:

vicphoenix
01-18-2008, 03:31 PM
If this guy is the "Greek Steve Nash" why isn't he in the NBA?

Hemotivo
01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Pepe Sanchez is better :downspin:
:toast :downspin:

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I find proof Spanoulis tell truth and Van Gundy lie and trick him. This story from 2 YEAR BEFORE he sign with Rocket and match exact story he keep tells every person and same story Greek press keep say was true that he have such agreement with Rocket or they know he never sign and then they break contract because coach mad just because they sign player he not ask for.

http://www.draftexpress.com/dedaily.php?p=251

The DraftExpress Daily

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Spanoulis giving Rockets reason for optimism?
By Jonathan Givony

Written by Dimitris Ritsonis

Outside the NCAA final four and NBA draft excitement of the previous weeks, comes a point guard which has been mentioned again in DraftCity and has been a product of hard work and absolute belief in improvement of every talent. It is the captain of Maroussi, the second best team in the Greek A1, Vassilis Spanoulis. The 22-year old point guard, a player whom nobody outside Greece had even heard of before last year's NBA Draft.

Spanoulis, an old school PG, a player with great court vision and very good knowledge of basketball fundamentals is not what you would call a "great talent". He is not particularly athletic and is not the fastest player in the world. But that's where "natural" drawbacks end. Having been completely unknown before the beginning of last season (2003-2004), Spanoulis was voted the team captain by his teammates in Maroussi, normally the 6th-10th best Greek team before last year.

Starting as the team's 6th man, Spanoulis had an exciting year last season averaging more or less 13.0 ppg, 1.0 spg and 4.0 apg to help Maroussi to an exciting 10-0 run early in the season and first place in the league for most of the year, losing it only two weeks before the end of the regular season, when the team finished 2nd behind the 3-time European Champions Panathinaikos. Spanoulis became famous in Greece for his strong defensive game, nice slashing abilities and his very strong, demanding character. His buzzer-beating abilities were memorable too. He was a leader in the making.

The surprising Maroussi team went undefeated in the playoffs, losing only in the finals to Panathinaikos, but was not able to qualify for Euroleague, as ULEB has two more contracts with other teams (Olympiakos, AEK) and thus, only the Champions make it to Euroleague. Alongside his domestic league performance, Spanoulis had a spectacular FIBA Europe League semifinal win against Hapoel Tel Aviv, where he scored 26 points along with 5 assists. Spanoulis' good momentum continued into the summer, as he was selected in the NBA Draft (at #50 by Dallas, which traded him immediately to Houston) and he was also called to the National Team of Greece which finished 5th in the Olympic tournament.

Spanoulis was more of a spectator in the Olympics, as Greece's roster includes some really great and experienced point guards. However, he must have learned a lot by the competitiveness in the Athens Olympics, as his season started in a very strong way...

The A1 proved to be more competitive than anyone would expect, but Maroussi, a Cinderella last year, started the season strongly, despite a very tough schedule early in the year. He had 24 points and the buzzer beating trey in an 90-92 away win over the Euroleague top-16 team AEK, 22 points and 4 assists in a 89-87 win over Aris and 13 points, 6 assists and 4 steals in a spectacular and very important 75-55 win over top-spot rivals Panathinaikos, two days ago. In all these games, Spanoulis was voted the MVP of the match day, something that makes him now one of the top (if not the main) favorite for the MVP of the regular season.

Spanoulis has improved his game decisively and this is proved by the additional shots he is taking and making every game. Having shot more than any other Maroussi player, he is now the team's first option, after being the third last year. He is averaging a good 15.0 ppg (shooting 44% from the field, 41% from downtown and 80% from the free throw line) 1.0 spg and 4.0 apg, while he is a "lock" for the national team for this summer's Eurobasket. According to information from his team, he will go to the Houston Rockets only if he is given 10-15 minutes per game, while the Rockets have been sending him tapes all year, looking for him to participate in their summer camp in a few months.

It seems as everything is going well for the 6-4 PG, who has also said that the only reason for not playing in the NBA is qualifying for the Euroleague. Something that doesn't look impossible for Maroussi after last Sunday's game.

Now all stupid Rocket fan and also fan here call me liar and believe Van Gundy lie explain this. Look like Greek media one tell truth and again only Amerikan media one tell lie. Every of all Greek media had report when he sign he promise 10 minute play time by coach on phone but Amerika media refuse report this. I like see how Amerikan react if this happen to Amerikan player go to Greece after take much less money.

Kobayagi
01-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Were you banned from all the Rockets boards or why do you keep posting this s#it on the Spurs board?

I'm starting to believe that kill bill pana IS vaginis spanoulis.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Spanoulis still like play Spurs if thing works out right.

ancestron
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
:sleep

CubanMustGo
01-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much for posting three-year old crap. Anyone who thinks he can come from the bush leagues and dictate NBA playing time deserves to stay in the bush leagues.

Fuck off and die. Slowly and painfully.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Thank you so much for posting three-year old crap. Anyone who thinks he can come from the bush leagues and dictate NBA playing time deserves to stay in the bush leagues.

Fuck off and die. Slowly and painfully.

Video of him plays with ROCKETS LAST YEAR. You obvious not even watch video just make stupid comment.

ancestron
01-25-2008, 12:50 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o170/ancestron/A1.jpg

sandman
01-25-2008, 01:16 PM
I ask Billy he use myspace sites again he say maybe he will so Spur fan can ask him the question he not decide yet but here

Trying to read this made my eyes bleed...

Ocotillo
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/jeff_van_gundy.jpg
Public Enemy Number 1 in Greece

sandman
01-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Really, based on Kill-Bill's posts I would have assumed this was:

http://www.atleest.com/media/GreekLexAbridgeLiddell.jpg

xmas1997
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
We need him now because TP is obviously hurting.
How soon before Pop rests TP's ankle injury before the post season?

Flight3107
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
That dude sucks, I hope the Spurs pick him up

Flight3107
01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I like see how Amerikan react if this happen to Amerikan player go to Greece after take much less money.

Amerikan player no go Greece less money, Amerikan player very greed, love the money's.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Amerikan player no go Greece less money, Amerikan player very greed, love the money's.

Hmm Darius Washington only get about 1/5 as much as Spanoulis get in Greece.

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-26-2008, 10:30 AM

He have say before he knows now his family and him cannot have the vacation time in Athens again.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Now all stupid Rocket fan and also fan here call me liar and believe Van Gundy lie explain this. Look like Greek media one tell truth and again only Amerikan media one tell lie. Every of all Greek media had report when he sign he promise 10 minute play time by coach on phone but Amerika media refuse report this. I like see how Amerikan react if this happen to Amerikan player go to Greece after take much less money.Why give a guy 10-15 minutes per game if he sucks like a certain Hallass player did last season in Houston?

Kill_Bill_Pana
01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Why give a guy 10-15 minutes per game if he sucks like a certain Hallass player did last season in Houston?

He get bench after he have best game of season. You explain this how? van Gundy say he best player for team when on court of this game then say he bench him anyway because he not like how he decide driver ball instead pass to T-mac.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 05:07 PM
He get bench after he have best game of season. You explain this how?He didn't play well in the NBA. You explain this how?

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 06:08 PM
:lmao

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/stfu2.jpg

-Mars

txstr1986
01-28-2008, 12:32 AM

K-State Spur
01-28-2008, 12:49 AM
If you convert Bill to the redneck dialect, it becomes much more understandable:

I fin` proof Spanoulis tell truth `n` Van Gundy lie `n` trick him. dis story from 2 YEAR b4 he sign wif Rocket `n` match exact story he keep tells evary person `n` same story Greek press keep say was true dat he have such agreement wif Rocket er they know he ne`er sign `n` then they break contract because coach mad just because they sign player he not ask for.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-02-2008, 02:56 PM
Spanoulis have good new video. I sends to Billy he tell me like this one.

OFJfbQDNwM8

:ihit

AFBlue
02-02-2008, 03:01 PM
How's ya boy Billy doing in Greece this season? Stat line don't look to good. Is he regretting going back to Greece right now when he had a chance to sign with the NBA Champs?

I would be....

TDMVPDPOY
02-02-2008, 03:03 PM
why are you bumpin this thread over a turd who will never wear the silver and black or play in the nba

BonnerDynasty
02-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Spanoulis have good new video. I sends to Billy he tell me like this one.

OFJfbQDNwM8

:ihit

2:22 in was pretty sweet.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
How's ya boy Billy doing in Greece this season? Stat line don't look to good. Is he regretting going back to Greece right now when he had a chance to sign with the NBA Champs?

I would be....

No Panathinaikos BC team 27-2 record so far with 1-0 Greek Cup, 14-0 Greek Championship and 12-2 Euroleague and rank #1 all team of Europe at eurobasket.com in 31 game he lead team in point scored and assist. Not bad lead team in point and assist when best team in Europe. Spanoulis lead Greek league in assist (also the NBA kind of assist but this not official stats) and 2nd in Greek League in the player economy he probably be MVP of Greek League and this good accomplishment because league have Diamantidis and he have won 3 MVP already. Diamantidis better than any player in Spanish League. Spanoulis 2nd best defender at guard position in Euroleague after Diamantidis base on how he play defense so far.

Team will win Triple Crown Championship be only 3rd ever history to do this back to back years. This equal 6 championship in row.

Then he can opt out of contract at end of year if he choose. He always want play Spurs you misunderstands he have to leave because mommy sick remembers? He love Spurs team very much just like he love Panathinaikos team.

CubanMustGo
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM
No Panathinaikos BC team 27-2 record so far with 1-0 Greek Cup, 14-0 Greek Championship and 12-2 Euroleague and rank #1 all team of Europe at eurobasket.com in 31 game he lead team in point scored and assist. Not bad lead team in point and assist when best team in Europe. Spanoulis lead Greek league in assist (also the NBA kind of assist but this not official stats) and 2nd in Greek League in the player economy he probably be MVP of Greek League and this good accomplishment because league have Diamantidis and he have won 3 MVP already. Diamantidis better than any player in Spanish League. Spanoulis 2nd best defender at guard position in Euroleague after Diamantidis base on how he play defense so far.

Team will win Triple Crown Championship be only 3rd ever history to do this back to back years. This equal 6 championship in row.

Then he can opt out of contract at end of year if he choose. He always want play Spurs you misunderstands he have to leave because mommy sick remembers? He love Spurs team very much just like he love Panathinaikos team.

http://www.freelayouticons.com/graphics/1175845068-z68844418.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-02-2008, 04:34 PM

DaDakota
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I thought he signed a 5 year deal with a massive buy out, how is he going to get out of that in only one year?

If he does, we would like him back in Houston...

DD

Indazone
02-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Kill Bill what about Papaloukas. Isn't he coming over soon? Also what about Prignoni from Tau?

ancestron
02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Aaahhh!!!!!

Indazone
02-06-2008, 11:24 AM
I watched the vids from Prigioni. If anyone can claim the Euroleague Steve Nash title it's this guy. His passing is amazing. He's also Argentinian. Scola and Ginobili's teammate. Why isn't this guy in the NBA?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2031502056704877253

Hemotivo
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
he can't score

Indazone
02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I thought he could score enough if he puts his mind to it.

http://217.13.116.51/noticia.jsp?temporada=E05&jornada=25&id=908

23:57mpg 7.2ppg 42.9%2pt 38.1%3pt 94.4%ft 3.9ast 2.3to

Hemotivo
02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
good D, great court vision, amazing on the pickandroll but an awful shooter

Indazone
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
good D, great court vision, amazing on the pickandroll but an awful shooter

How is 42 percent 2pt shooting aweful? He was a Euroleague MVP candidate.

wildbill2u
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
nice vid, especially with some of it from NBA footage when he got off JVG bench.

If he wants to play for the Spurs I assume:
1. he is in contact with them to let them know he's serious about coming back next year
2. has resolved his family problems and
3. Understands Pop's attitude toward minutes: no guarantees and
4. he'd have to earn his spot on a good veteran team them as well as the minutes.
5. The Spurs play defense first. No D--No can do, No play.
6. Asking Salary has to be in line with team payroll, needs, and his projected value to the Spurs in the NBA, not his status in Greece.

Those are a lot of conditions, but he should already be aware of them if he is serious about playing for the SPURS.

Lots of fans here were turned off by his turn down of the Spurs, but the final judgment by Pop is the only one that counts.

Hemotivo
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
no "arc" in his shots

Indazone
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
no "arc" in his shots

LOL perfect JVG player. Actually most coaches would like a pass first pt guard.

Spurs Dynasty 21
02-06-2008, 03:18 PM
how long does his currnt euro contract run for?

spursrocksocks
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
He would be a great addition to the torros! lol

Indazone
02-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I've watched enough Spanoulis games. He is fearless. Takes the ball to the rack and very good interior passer. Problem is that if you are his teammate and are unprepared for the ball coming to you, it's gonna result in a turn over. Spanoulis turns the ball over a lot. Just like Ginobili. High energy player and can create off the dribble. Very fast. JVG benched him cause he doesn't like rookies who turn the ball over.

Indazone
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
2:22 in was pretty sweet.

Someone hack this cause it doesn't work anymore.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I thought he signed a 5 year deal with a massive buy out, how is he going to get out of that in only one year?

If he does, we would like him back in Houston...

DD

No he sign 3 year for €5 million this be = $7.318 million now I checks.

He also get amount of €800,000 buyout which Panathinaikos have to pay to Spurs then they gives to Billy. I checks this be = $1.17 million now.

He also get the 200,000 per year for house and car expense pay by team which not be count in contract amount and he also get all tax pay by team.

Tax be 40% for his salary so he have the salary of the €1,666,667 per year and then he have the tax of €666,666 per year. Panathinaikos team have to pay all tax salary. So his salary each year be €1,666,667 NET all amount plus the €200,000 tax free also for player expense. Also Panathinaikos have to pay all tax amount on his €800,000 buyout so it be net.

Plus remembers Billy agree much less money to play Panathinaikos because this best team of Europe and they plays right in Athens and he plays there before and like coach and owner and teammate very much.

But he gets offer same buyout plus same expense for car and house plus same pay all taxes from other team to only instead offer the 1.67 million salary a year they offers the 2 million salary a year this be Olympiacos, CSKA Moscow, FC Barcelona, Tau Vitoria, Real Madrid all offers him this so give Panathinaikos discount.

By NBA salary since team have to count player expense pay like car and home and also if team pay taxes must count because NBA not NET then with the exchange rates and buyouts Billy get about $9.36 million the US money NET salary for 3 years from Panathinaikos but he offers the $10.8 million the US money NET then for 3 years from other teams. But he takes the less money to play on defending Euroleague champions.

They says in Greek newspaper that since Billy get this money about like the $9.36 million US be NET this mean NBA team have to pay him about $4.8 million per year then to = Panathinaikos salary this because the salary be tax 35% in US and team not pay it like in Greece. Of course this be even higher salary if he not take pay cuts like do for Panathinaikos.

So this mean offers he gets from other teams in Europe be = NBA MLE.

Team have to pay more if NBA team that not have no state tax. As say Texas team like Spur and Rocket have not the tax so Billy can get more money if play them. Just like Billy take pay cut from offers play Rockets before and this Panathinaikos he willing do this for right NBA team.

If no state tax Texas and willing take pay cut right team this mean he not have to get MLE for 3 years even though can get this amount in Europe. He have say before when sign with Rocket he have market value then of half MLE in NBA as he offer this by 3 NBA teams but he take Rockets LLE amount.

He have right now $12 million for 3 years market value for NBA this be asking price if not right NBA team but he willing take LLE maybe if team like Spurs or willing give him playing time but he have to play because be take such huge pay cuts he not do like before take big pay cut from Greece then get bench all year by coach.

Yes he have buyout but way I understand is Billy have player option for 2nd year of contract. His first year not option and 3 year not but second year player option. So he have so many day after season to stay in contract or not only after first year of contract which be this year. So guess mean this year he have so many day to opt out if choose. Agent make this so he can go back NBA if want and also at end of year if team win Triple Crown champion again he be worth much more money.

Billy like Rockets teammate very much he say so. He friend with Lucas and Tsakalidis but they not with team now but he also friend with Novak and Battier and T-Mac and he say many time Yao is like idol for him. He like Rocket owner and he also like Rocket GM Dawson and the old one Lindsey and Morey. But he also upset that they just keeps tell him they want him be starting point guard but that coach have final say. He not understand they let this happen.

He make sure he never play there if Van Gundy stay. He have say he like Adelman very much he say Peja tell him play with him. Peja is friend from Greece. Adelman and Yao have call him and ask he return. Also T-Mac have been to his home over summer and also to Eurobasket to see him play. T-Mac at summer time ask him to come back after season over they good friend. Rocket GM Morey and coach have open offer. He allow come back if he choose.

But he have many doubt can Rocket GM be trust after how they handle him before just let van Gundy decide all. Like he say even owner seem not able tie own shoe without Van Gundy permission there. He have much thought about how he can be use by coach like Adelman and how he can play pick and roll with Yao and T-mac this why he sign in first place. T-Mac and Yao call him several time and tell him they want him back and he get play with new coach.

But also Billy loves Spurs very much. If he gets chance play with team have won the 4 championship this be team get first say for him plays there. Also he have say before he probable can no play Houston again because he very upset and mad about how the Rocket fan talk about him. He read the clutchfan site many time and get so angry he not forget all the thing say about him and Greece and also how all the lie about he say "I T-Mac in Greece" and all joke about something he never say. The lie of Van Gundy and how fans act to him and also how on radio they make fun of his accent and how he talk and all Greek people this make him very mad at how people act there.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Someone hack this cause it doesn't work anymore.

I try it now it work you should try again work now.

I also likes this one because it have him against US team

cHwY13rlPjA

I ask Greek who make video if he have more and he say he can make another video and many the best highlight play he not use yet.

Indazone
02-06-2008, 05:51 PM
What's going on with Papaloukas and Diamantidis? If Billy doesn't want to play with the Rockets then what about these other two?

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Kill Bill what about Papaloukas. Isn't he coming over soon? Also what about Prignoni from Tau?

Prigioni I not know what he do. Papaloukas get offer the MLE this summer from Heats, Clippers, Lakers, Hawks, Celtics and also be starting point guards on teams but he decide not to because he upset how Spanoulis benched. He say Spanoulis best player in practice of national team and if he treat such way by coach in NBA something wrong with NBA and he not interest. He get huge contract for 3 year with CSKA Moscow and he I think 30 year old now so by time contract over I think this mean he never plays in NBA.

But he kind of mad because after Celtics get Kevin Garnett he change his mind and want badly be Celtics point guard and they still want him as starter but he have already sign with CSKA team. I think he regret now not join Celtics team.

Obstructed_View
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
"The Greek Steve Nash". Didn't George Michael get arrested for doing that in a public bathroom?

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2008, 06:08 PM
What's going on with Papaloukas and Diamantidis? If Billy doesn't want to play with the Rockets then what about these other two?

Well all Greek player hate Van Gundy he can forget ever have such player and any NBA team have him as coach. But in Greece Adelman liked very much. Player have much respect how his Kings team play goos Euro style also Peja remember plays in Greece with PAOK team before go NBA and Peja always say in Greek paper how great coach and nice Adelman be and how also understand Euro player. He have say before that coach like Van Gundy have very bad rep with Euro player and Spanoulis should have know better even bother go there in first place.

Anyway like say Papaloukas now stuck in contract with CSKA and already 30 I think he never go NBA now. Diamantidis hard to say. He also say Spanoulis best player in practice of national team and he also say he not go NBA after see how such player treat by coach. Diamantidis from Greek paper get full MLE offer before from Raptors team and also from Mavericks team. But thing with him is he kind of slow player.

he say this to he know he slow player and also he know he is role player of offense. He more like player like Bruce Bowen. But I think he better defender than Bruce Bowen and he much better at dribbling and passing ball about same as shooter I say. He also more athletic to I use the Amerikan system and I gets 7-0 for his wingspan and 42 inch for his jump and he 6-5 with shoe on. This good for point guard. But at NBA he be to slow I think for point guard I think he more like SF in NBA play same like Bruce Bowen do.

I think if use in same way like Bowen or Shane Battier he can be very good player more athletic than them and better defender but has to be like this he be role player defense as such in NBA and I think be play SF because to slow for NBA guards. Diamantidis have 2 year left on contract and have to have full MLE to get him. I know before he say one NBA team he think about is Spurs. If Rockets have him i think same type player as Battier but actual passing and dribbling skill, more athletic, better defense.

Papaloukas is much more talent player and much more offense and passing ability. Papaloukas more comparable to player like T-mac but Papaloukas not good defender he just average at Euroleague and he also to slow guard NBA guards I think. I think he be like the point forward like T-Mac if he go NBA with ok defense similar player. But Papaloukas drive ball to rim much more than T-mac do. Also like T-Mac he always seem injure or lazy take off game until have to play he remind me just like each other every way.

One Greek player of national team I know for sure can be great NBA player if just have normal coach be Spanoulis he much more talent and fast and quicker then these other player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-06-2008, 06:12 PM

I not think he on NBA level but then if I compare to player like Vaughn and Alston I wonder how he not in NBA when these player are.

batboy
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I not think he on NBA level but then if I compare to player like Vaughn and Alston I wonder how he not in NBA when these player are.

I thinked you not post here more. How post old thread when ask get out the fuck?

Indazone
02-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I thinked you not post here more. How post old thread when ask get out the fuck? Give it a rest. This thread is more about the entire Greek squad now who's coming and who's not.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope this help fan understand. Here the article from the European reporter that explain how he feel. This from when him and friend Peja have meet with each other over how Van Gundy treat him.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=5283

The (Lack of) Appeal Of The NBA Bench

By: Nikola Olic

The numbers are not drastically different, but the spotlight is. Quality international players that found, or tried finding, success in the NBA are returning to their European basketball roots, leaving the average basketball fan wondering what is going on. Bringing Vassilis Spanoulis to the NBA was sold as more than just another established player coming to the NBA, it was almost as if the Greek guard needed to be lured. Fast forward his 272 meager NBA minutes later: Spanoulis just finished competing in Eurobasket 2007 and is never coming back to the NBA.

And depending on which side of the Danube you might be getting your news from, Lithuanian floor commandant Sarunas Jasikevicius is bound for Spain or Greece. Or, yes, perhaps a dozen different NBA teams. But the point must not escape us: sitting on the bench 6000 miles away from home is, with every passing season, becoming less appealing to international players.

Because every season European basketball is getting stronger, and every other season there are the European basketball championships just like the ones that crowned Russia this weekend in Madrid. Instead of warming the bench, they were shinning in national armor, Sarunas leading Lithuania in assists (5.6), Spanoulis leading the Greeks in points (11.7). The last that the NBA fans saw of Jasikevicius was in May, when he was waiving a towel from the sidelines in a Golden State uniform. You should see him wearing his yellow green and red jersey through seven straight international victories...

Most Euroleague managers and coaches probably hope that even more players would consider returning home. In the finite world of quality basketball players, a stronger NBA means a weaker Europe, and more kids than ever before are leaving the Old Continent while still being just that - kids. In a meeting held last season in Barcelona, European basketball officials criticized the NBA for exactly that, claiming that drafting players that are not ready for the NBA hurts both sides of the Atlantic.

As the Spanoulis case has shown, not being ready is not only related to age. To get Spanoulis to candidly speak about his basketball feelings, it helped that I was actually visiting with his good friend and fellow Greek speaker Peja Stojakovic. When the topic of playing in the NBA came up, the reserved Greek was anything but: "I would love it here if I played", he said while sandwiched between Stojakovic and myself on the sidelines in New Orleans. "I miss all the people back home, so things here really have to change".

And the same world events that made it possible for him to come to the NBA -- European life, liberty and the pursuit of basketball -- are now making it possible for him to go back. Professional basketball players in Greece and Spain live a life almost no different than their colleagues in the NBA. It is no coincidence that Stojakovic and Spanoulis, both foreign-born basketball players, are friends. Almost all of the 26 teams with international players on the roster place their international players next to each other in the locker room. They show each other where to eat, shop, or hang out, what to drive and wear, and give each other advice on life in America.

Peja Stojakovic found his greatest basketball success outside of his native Serbia, first in Greece and then of course here in the NBA. As a fellow athlete that splits his time across two continents and three countries, Stojakovic had simple advice for Vassilis.

"Home is where your life is good."

And sitting on the bench is not a good life, even if the bench has an NBA logo on it.

stxspurs
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
so is he gonna play for us or not?........it wouldbe awesome if he lived up to killbillpanas hype......scola who

Indazone
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
If if if...but ya know what? Any Euroleague MVP candidate would be a good lift to an NBA team. This month it's Terrance Morris. Yes he's exploded in the Euroleague. Can he play in the NBA? Sure why not?

ancestron
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
aaaahhhh111!!!!!!

Indazone
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-2006

Euroleague Monthly MVP awards. - Basically the same as NBA Player of the Month.

I noticed that Spanoulis has won the award twice and so has another player. Marko Popovic. What's the story on this guy? I also want to know why Navarro and Garbajosa are playing Euroleague this year? Weren't they significant players in the NBA last year?

A familiar face is back among the weekly MVP winners, Marko Popovic of Efes Pilsen, who became the best player of Week 3 by leading his team to an overtime victory on the road against Olympiacos. Popovic scored 29 points on 6 of 11 three-pointers and 9 of 10 free throws. He dished 2 assists and drew as many as 13 fouls to reach an index of 31 and become the weekly MVP by a narrow margin. Popovic had previously earned MVP honors in Week 4 of the 2004-05 Euroleague regular season playing for Cibona with index ranking of 54, one of the highest ever. Behind him this week, just one point away with an index of 30, was David Andersen of CSKA, who scored 21 points on 8-for-9 shooting and grabbed 7 rebounds in his team's first victory, 87-63 over visiting Unicaja. Matt Nielsen of Lietuvos Rytas and Jeff Trepagnier of Ulker tied for the third place with indexes of 29. Nielsen had 27 points on 11-for-17 shooting and 6 rebounds in his team's prestigious road win against Winterthur FCB, while Trepagnier had 18 points and 5 steals as Ulker won its first at home against Pau-Orthez. Shammond Williams of Winterthur FCB (28) and Spencer Nelson of GHP Bamberg (28) complete the top performances of Week 3.

Meanwhile, there have been changes among the competition's overall statisticall leaders, with Nelson holding the highest index rating average, 23.3. Marcus Goree of Benetton is second (22.3) and Kaya Peker of Efes Pilsen third (21.3). Three players - Juan Carlos Navarro of Winterthur FCB, Jimmy Oliver of Union Olimpija and Goran Jagodnik of Prokom Trefl Sopot - lead the scorers table with averages of 19.3 points each. Mirsad Turkcan of Ulker is the new top rebounder, with 12.3 per game, after pulling 19 this week. And a center, Nikola Vujcic of Maccabi, continues to be first in assists, with 6.7 per game.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
You have wrong season.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-07-2008, 03:54 PM
If if if...but ya know what? Any Euroleague MVP candidate would be a good lift to an NBA team. This month it's Terrance Morris. Yes he's exploded in the Euroleague. Can he play in the NBA? Sure why not?

He can play in NBA I say he be 8 to 9 player in rotation.

Indazone
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Ok, you're right I posted the wrong season. Here's the stat board for the current season. It says that Salyers is the top ranked player right now.

Marc Jackson is a proven NBA player so not sure what he's doing playing Euroleague ball. Couldn't he get on a roster anywhere?

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?ctl02_ctl00_ddlTopics=1&ctl02_ctl00_ddlCategories=1

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, you're right I posted the wrong season. Here's the stat board for the current season. It says that Salyers is the top ranked player right now.

Marc Jackson is a proven NBA player so not sure what he's doing playing Euroleague ball. Couldn't he get on a roster anywhere?

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?ctl02_ctl00_ddlTopics=1&ctl02_ctl00_ddlCategories=1

If Jacksons defense as bad in NBA as is in Euroleague and Greek league I not see how he stay in NBA. His defense like joke so far.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-27-2008, 08:59 PM
New Spanoulis video be put on youtube by Greek fan call Vassilis Spanoulis KILL BILL The Splinter first video list here. I gives here. This one I think show he actual point guard skills not just combo guard or shoot guard like so many Rocket fan make up how to defend on what Van Gundy say that he not real point guard. This show good how he is point guard I think and can help Spurs not just as backup shoot guard but also as back up point guard.

I edits this show all the video together make it easier fan see as thread keep going in future if I post new thing. New video not see before here in this thread is first one below call The Splinter.

Vassilis Spanoulis KILL BILL The Greek Steve Nash

cHwY13rlPjA

Vassilis Spanoulis EUROLEAGUE'S BEST POINT GUARD

OFJfbQDNwM8

Flight3107
02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, he sucks

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Kinda reminds me of Beno.

coopdogg3
02-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Kinda reminds me of Beno.

OK, that is just plain cold.

ata
02-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Great stat line from last night:
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=185

ChumpDumper
02-28-2008, 02:22 AM
He's good, I'm just not sure the Spurs will spend that kind of money on a backup point guard when they have a greater need for small forward types. Depends on how the draft goes.

wildbill2u
02-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Better to be a big frog in a small pond than a tadpole in a lake.

Add in the attraction of living at home and playing in front of nationalistic crowds, it's not hard to see why a good Euro player who can't crack a starting lineup would want to stay in Europe nowadays.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-28-2008, 11:57 AM
He's good, I'm just not sure the Spurs will spend that kind of money on a backup point guard when they have a greater need for small forward types. Depends on how the draft goes.

His agent tell him now if he want decide go back NBA after Olympics then price be base on how him and Greece perform at Olympics. If Greece have another good performance like make Final Four of 3 of last 4 world championship or even better make final 2 like last one and if he lead team in scoring again like he do at 2006 world championship and 2007 European championship then many NBA team will be make offers.

But if Greece finish 5th again in Olympics like they do last time in 2004 not many offers agent think. Since Billy lead scorer of team and first offense option if healthy he should leads team in scoring. So issue be how well team perform. Agent say if Greece make final four of Olympic or get medal then many NBA team will be calling. So this will make much help for Billy if he want to return NBA.

ata
02-28-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow, V-Span's agent is so smart! Is he Greek too?

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Better to be a big frog in a small pond than a tadpole in a lake.

Add in the attraction of living at home and playing in front of nationalistic crowds, it's not hard to see why a good Euro player who can't crack a starting lineup would want to stay in Europe nowadays.

He not happy with how he be use right now by Panathinaikos. Panathinaikos team have problem because of Jasekivicius. He have biggest contract in Europe and deal that he must be allow run offense during Euroleague games.

Unfortunate for team they not realize he much worse player than he was before go to NBA. One of reasons he must struggle in NBA must be because his game skill must have start dropping about age he finally go there. Way he play now compare last year in Europe is joke. His salary and contract that says he must get certain minute and play style in Euroleague game is hurting Panathinaikos team bad.

Either Diamantidis or Spanoulis must play game as just spot up 3 point shooter like Bowen or Battier on offense. Also either of them must be on bench for him and his defense is horrible bad. Other teams are scoring 3 points on him all the time. At first when team have Tsartsaris healthy they getting by with this even though fan notice problem. But since Tsartsaris team starting center get injury now it causing problem.

In Greek league and Greek Cup Jasekivicius deal not have any power so coach can use him however he wants. He just come in as backup shooter for Spanoulis and team is much better even against good teams like Olympiacos.

Many Greek fan and Greek press are very upset with problems Jasekivicius is causing team. He refuse change his offense game for team and make coach use his plays and this hurt team. But PAO owner make all these agreement in contract to get him. Most PAO fan either wants him off team or at least make him break agreement where he must be in control of team in Euroleague games.

Spanoulis is only allow be main player in Greek league and Greek Cup and coach and most fans admit he best player on team and this causing problems.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, V-span's manager is so smart! Is he Greek too?

No he Serbian. V-Span like his agent but I think his agent dumb. He have cause many problem for him before I keep try explain this.

ata
02-28-2008, 12:39 PM
He not happy with how he be use right now by Panathinaikos. Panathinaikos team have problem because of Jasekivicius. He have biggest contract in Europe and deal that he must be allow run offense during Euroleague games.

Lame excuse! Stats from last night:
http://shrani.si/f/1D/vI/bscDObK/v-span1.png
V-Span was starter, Jasikevicius was not!

Season stats:
V-Span:
http://shrani.si/f/1T/LY/2FCrwhzG/v-span2.jpg
Jasikevicius:
http://shrani.si/f/v/le/1aifxVFC/jasi2.jpg

Now, please tell me again, which player has more playing time, better statistical rate etc.

Unfortunate for team they not realize he much worse player than he was before go to NBA. One of reasons he must struggle in NBA must be because his game skill must have start dropping about age he finally go there. Way he play now compare last year in Europe is joke. His salary and contract that says he must get certain minute and play style in Euroleague game is hurting Panathinaikos team bad.

Either Diamantidis or Spanoulis must play game as just spot up 3 point shooter like Bowen or Battier on offense. Also either of them must be on bench for him and his defense is horrible bad. Other teams are scoring 3 points on him all the time. At first when team have Tsartsaris healthy they getting by with this even though fan notice problem. But since Tsartsaris team starting center get injury now it causing problem.

In Greek league and Greek Cup Jasekivicius deal not have any power so coach can use him however he wants. He just come in as backup shooter for Spanoulis and team is much better even against good teams like Olympiacos.

Many Greek fan and Greek press are very upset with problems Jasekivicius is causing team. He refsue change his offense game for team and make coach use his plays and this hurt team. But PAO owner make all these agreement in contract to get him. Most PAO fan either wants him off team or at least make him break agreement where he must be in control of team in Euroleague games.

Spanoulis is only allow be main player in Greek league and Greek Cup and coach and fans all admit he best player on team and this causing problems.

Of course, Greek league is so much weaker as Euroleague. Panathinaikos has enough player to rest Jasikevicius for Euroleague.

Kill_Bill_Pana
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Lame excuse! Stats from last night:
http://shrani.si/f/1D/vI/bscDObK/v-span1.png
V-Span was starter, Jasikevicius was not!

Season stats:
V-Span:
http://shrani.si/f/1T/LY/2FCrwhzG/v-span2.jpg
Jasikevicius:
http://shrani.si/f/v/le/1aifxVFC/jasi2.jpg

Now, please tell me again, which player has more playing time, better statistical rate etc.

Of course, Greek league is so much weaker as Euroleague. Panathinaikos has enough player to rest Jasikevicius for Euroleague.

You not understand.

1. Whatever point Jasekivicius get like say he score 15 point, he give up 25 to other team. He not play defense even though coach begging him do so. Same thing he get bench for in NBA.

2. If Diamantidis or Spanoulis is play at point guard they have much higher play ranking than Jasekivicius. Last two game before one you post coach ask Saras let Spanoulis play point guard and see what happen.

After this Saras get mad Spanoulis "steal spotlight". Team go back to him play point guard and look what happen. Check last two game of Euroleague where Spanoulis allow run team and see difference. Many report in Greek media Panathinaikos owners and coach not please with Saras. Say how you think but team will be make big change with him if this keep up.

Bruno
02-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Great stat line from last night:
http://www.euroleague.net/main/results/showgame?gamecode=185

Romain Sato > "Greek Steve Nash" :stirpot:

thebigchill
02-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Why is eveyone still talking about this malaka pusti?

ChumpDumper
02-28-2008, 04:14 PM
No he Serbian. V-Span like his agent but I think his agent dumb. He have cause many problem for him before I keep try explain this.I think he's pretty dumb too. if he has good individual performances in the Olympics regardless of the team's results, he will get attention. Also, September is too late to get the most offers and money from NBA teams. The timing seems really bad.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Video I post here go away from youtube. I check and it gone. It get edit with 3 more minute of clips. Here it now I find new one. Same as before except have 3 more minute of clips at end.

ojFXnTYBccY

phxspurfan
03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Video I post here go away from youtube. I check and it gone. It get edit with 3 more minute of clips. Here it now I find new one. Same as before except have 3 more minute of clips at end.

ojFXnTYBccY

3 minutes of sitting on the end of JVG's bench?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I just want to say I get Spanoulis contract explain to me. He have player option at ANY time during his contract. At ANY time he can leave contract and go to NBA for zero buy out amount. He can only do this if it is NBA team. If not NBA team he must stay with PAO for 2 more years. But at ANY time during contract he can cancel contract even during season and return to NBA with no money on the buy out. This thing his agent set up in contract. So it not how I understand. Such thing confusing to me because I am not person that deal with contracts for job.

But this I ask for certain him explain it to me and this what he say.

Kobayagi
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
So, how is Billy handling the fact that his team didn't even make the quarterfinals of Euroleague?

Losing to Partizan...that's weak.

wildbill2u
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Interesting vid. Frankly, he reminds me of Manu somewhat. Same agressiveness in driving to the basket, step-back shot, and some flashy passing.

It's so hard to devine players' skill levels from vids of other leagues. When you see someone drive by another player as though he was standing still, you don't really know how good that defensive player is compared to NBA level skills.

Right now I'd take VSPAN over Stoudamire just to see someone different on the court.

DaDakota
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
V-Span got screwed over by JVG, I hated to see him go.

Glad we got Scola, but I would take Billy back so fast it would make your head spin.

He is aggressive, smart, and knows the game.....he does do some risky things but over time, his turnovers will decrease as he gets to know his teamates.

He is a VERY good player.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
So, how is Billy handling the fact that his team didn't even make the quarterfinals of Euroleague?

Losing to Partizan...that's weak.

He is very as you say pissed off. Him and Diamantidis and Saras are all very angry and mad at each other I think but will not say such thing to each other. Coach Obradovic is very angry never seen him this angry. He is almost as much as 1/10 as angry as Van Gundy is after a player not name Yao or T-Mac or Alston has a turn over.

Yes he even start criticize some of the players. He criticize Saras and say all things that are true. Selfish play, ego, not follow team offense, try to be hero, try to win game all by self, think he is bigger than team, etc.

I have never know Obradovic to be so mad. But also you must know lose to Partizan not "weak". You also foolish fan then? Partizan have best big man in world that is not in NBA. Lose to such team when you have start PF and C injure for most of year and for game is not actual "weak".

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Interesting vid. Frankly, he reminds me of Manu somewhat. Same agressiveness in driving to the basket, step-back shot, and some flashy passing.

It's so hard to devine players' skill levels from vids of other leagues. When you see someone drive by another player as though he was standing still, you don't really know how good that defensive player is compared to NBA level skills.

Right now I'd take VSPAN over Stoudamire just to see someone different on the court.

Lindsey of Spurs make nickname for him when he talk to him when he with Rockets and Spanoulis play at Maroussi. lindsey call him "Mini Manu"

Lindsey believe he is "cross between Parker and Manu" and call him "Mini Manu".

I have love Manu as player long time. As I say before he is my #2 favorite player in world. When I see Manu play in Italy I think I never see such player. he amazing. I think he even can do thing there he not able to do now in NBA
:spin He not as athletic as he were in Italy. He incredible player. He try act more like Jordan I think now he more control by Popovich. But he still unleash Super Manu when play for Argentina some game.

Since Manu such favorite player for me I can say compare how Manu is now to how Spanoulis is now. I think Manu much bigger and longer as they call it than Spanoulis. Manu is 6-6 and Spanoulis is 6-3. Manu is much longer wingspan.

I think Manu better ball handler than Spanoulis. I think Manu better shooter than Spanoulis. I think Manu have more shoot range than Spanoulis.

I think Spanoulis is much more athletic player than Manu. Spanoulis is much faster and much quicker player. he just blow past Manu like nothing. Spanoulis is much stronger player than Manu. Spanoulis could snap him like stick no problem. Spanoulis similar passing, similar court vision but only better. Spanoulis passing play making and court vision is comparable to Steve Nash if ask me. And stupid Van Gundy think this player "not point guard". he can make same passing and play make as Nash.

Manu better finisher than Spanoulis and can dunk over opponent and Spanoulis have to try hard shot or layup. But Spanoulis much tougher and stronger. Spanoulis drive wreckless into defense just like Manu. Difference be 7 footer will move off Spanoulis because he so strong.

Manu is much better free throw shooter than Spanoulis.

Manu have the great move like behind the back and step back and european step and crossover and crossover with other hand and also he have good hesitation move. Manu is much better in behind back move and european step. But in other move Spanoulis superior. Spanoulis left hand as good as Manu and he not even left handed. Spanoulis cross over and hesitation move is cannot be guard by any player.

He can make any NBA player look like joke with these moves. This how Team USA learn and stupid coach K just say "#7 kill us I not know his name"
Well dumb US coach that why he call "Kill Bill".

Spanoulis is much better defense player than Manu. MUCH better.

Of all players I watch #2 most competitor #2 most aggresive #2 most determine and fearless player is Manu or Kobe in whole world of players I watch close. #1 in all these is Spanoulis. Spanoulis have more fearless will than Manu or Kobe. This why he calls "Kill Bill" it what opponents names him.

You not earn name "Kill Bill" for no reason. So I thinks Manu is more talent player. Manu is more spectacular player as we use this word many time to measure player entertain value in Europe. Like Massey of Greek team Aris he is SPECTACULAR player. Manu have more ability with size and length and dunk on players and such thing.

But Spanoulis is player that will beat Manu in one verse one game. Spanoulis is tougher and stronger and more will than any player on court and he have defense much better than Manu. Like in other thread here Scolarules say Spanoulis remind him of Wade type of player. This true same style and attack basket and try draw foul same mental way of game.

But as I say to Scolarules Spanoulis is more like player like the Rocket have call Bob Sura. I see him play Rocket team very similar to Spanoulis. This only other player I see as fearless and warrior like Spanoulis is. Difference Sura is bigger player. Spanoulis much stronger, much faster, much quicker, better play making and court vision better passing and Spanoulis not have injury issue like Sura have. But this type of way Spanoulis play. He like this Sura I see. Same way. American fan not realize Scola very dirty very tough and mean player. Spanoulis ask guard him in post in Euroleague playoff and he stop Scola few time.

I see this Sura is person tackle player in Dallas playoff game with Rocket and other player and ref all look other way like scared. Also player get tackle just run away. This similar as Spanoulis. No player dare mess with him.

xmas1997
03-21-2008, 01:24 PM
What about his injured heal, the same injury that Timmy had?
Timmy rested it over the summer and he got well.
When will VSpan rest to get well???????????

And since the Spurs are a family type of team who place a high value on family life and even understanding that you need to take care sometimes and go on leave like Horry did this year to take care of family issues, who does VSpan prefer to play for, the Rockets or the Spurs?????????????

nfg3
03-21-2008, 01:34 PM
But the whole point about Vspan is $$. If he comes to the Spurs how much is he going to ask for? Last time this was discussed I think it was either equal to or more than Bowen makes. I really don't see the FO giving him that type of money : $3 -4Mil - with almost zero NBA experience.
He looks good but do you really think that the Spurs FO is going to give him that type of money? I don't.

xmas1997
03-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Well, what is the LLE?

Hemotivo
03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
he was the best player of pana against partizan

and he could be a great backup for Tony Parker

DaDakota
03-21-2008, 02:02 PM
But the whole point about Vspan is $$. If he comes to the Spurs how much is he going to ask for? Last time this was discussed I think it was either equal to or more than Bowen makes. I really don't see the FO giving him that type of money : $3 -4Mil - with almost zero NBA experience.
He looks good but do you really think that the Spurs FO is going to give him that type of money? I don't.

I think that some front office will....

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
he was the best player of pana against partizan

and he could be a great backup for Tony Parker

Yes this is all he want. he want nothing more but chance to prove can play in NBA on great team like Spurs. He is happy with 10-15 minute back up Parker.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM

DD

He can get like $12 million contract for 3 year in europe and also he could be able get all MLE for 3 years if he have not sign Rocket contract and sign with different NBA team after 2006 world championship.

But he and agent have discuss and because he bench all year by Van Gundy and because he refuse plays with Spurs his vale for NBA has drop. It back down to where it was when he sign with Rocket team.

So he is value at half MLE or LLE contract. Spanoulis is willing take LLE for team such as Spurs or Rockets if he get fair chance. He believe Adelman will do so and have offense that fit him and same with defense.

He also believe no other team in world like Spurs. He tell me again he ask only for 8-10 minute a game from van Gundy as he learn adjust to NBA and he say you can see such great player like Scola even need much time to adjust. He just very hurt by everything van Gundy do. Lie to media, make fun of him and mom and just so many thing.

He have great respect for Adelman and Popovich. In Europe Van Gundy and Byron Scott have very poor reputation but Adelman and Popovich very good. Adelman best of all. But remember Popovich is one who talk with Obradovic. Obradovic and PAO owners have great respect for Popovich.

To make understand how Van Gundy have no respect for others when Obradovic talk to van Gundy about Spanoulis Van Gundy tell him you don't know game because you grow up playing game in barns.

Popovich do everything he can to make PAO team and coach feel like part of family. Obradovic tell Spanoulis even though he in Greece at time that Popovich is just like PAO. he run team as family. Van Gundy way is do any thing I say or go to hell. he even hate the owner of team :blah

And Spanoulis hear only best of thing about Adelman from Peja. Adelman is see as like father to many player. It make Spanoulis sick how he see Rocket rookie and also foreign player treat by Adelman then remember all thing happen to him.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I think Manu better ball handler than Spanoulis. I think Manu better shooter than Spanoulis. I think Manu have more shoot range than Spanoulis.

I think Spanoulis is much more athletic player than Manu. Spanoulis is much faster and much quicker player. he just blow past Manu like nothing. Spanoulis is much stronger player than Manu. Spanoulis could snap him like stick no problem. Spanoulis similar passing, similar court vision but only better. Spanoulis passing play making and court vision is comparable to Steve Nash if ask me. And stupid Van Gundy think this player "not point guard". he can make same passing and play make as Nash.

Manu better finisher than Spanoulis and can dunk over opponent and Spanoulis have to try hard shot or layup. But Spanoulis much tougher and stronger. Spanoulis drive wreckless into defense just like Manu. Difference be 7 footer will move off Spanoulis because he so strong.

Manu is much better free throw shooter than Spanoulis.

Manu have the great move like behind the back and step back and european step and crossover and crossover with other hand and also he have good hesitation move. Manu is much better in behind back move and european step. But in other move Spanoulis superior. Spanoulis left hand as good as Manu and he not even left handed. Spanoulis cross over and hesitation move is cannot be guard by any player.

He can make any NBA player look like joke with these moves. This how Team USA learn and stupid coach K just say "#7 kill us I not know his name"
Well dumb US coach that why he call "Kill Bill".

Spanoulis is much better defense player than Manu. MUCH better.

Of all players I watch #2 most competitor #2 most aggresive #2 most determine and fearless player is Manu or Kobe in whole world of players I watch close. #1 in all these is Spanoulis. Spanoulis have more fearless will than Manu or Kobe. This why he calls "Kill Bill" it what opponents names him.

You not earn name "Kill Bill" for no reason. So I thinks Manu is more talent player. Manu is more spectacular player as we use this word many time to measure player entertain value in Europe. Like Massey of Greek team Aris he is SPECTACULAR player. Manu have more ability with size and length and dunk on players and such thing.

But Spanoulis is player that will beat Manu in one verse one game. Spanoulis is tougher and stronger and more will than any player on court and he have defense much better than Manu. Like in other thread here Scolarules say Spanoulis remind him of Wade type of player. This true same style and attack basket and try draw foul same mental way of game.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Bruno
03-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Spurs have no mid or long term answers at the backup PG spot.
Vaughn is an average stop gap. Spurs could really use a combo guard like Spanoulis.

I can see Spurs offering this summer a LLE contract ($4M over 2 years) to Spanoulis. Spurs won't offer him guaranteed playing time. I don't see Spurs offering him more money or giving him some guarantees on his playing time. It will be up to Spanoulis to take or not this offer.

Hemotivo
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Billy needs to grow a pair and tell Jasikevicius that he sucks at yellin the refs and teammates

Sarunas think he can lead Pana to the Final Four talking and no playin'

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

I already say Manu is more talent player. Spanoulis cannot do same thing Manu can do. This just like stupid lie Van Gundy make up about "T-Mac of Greece" because Spanoulis not comparable to T-Mac.

He is small point guard. he is not spectacular wing player like Manu or T-Mac. But he is similar mental way of game as Manu and he try play similar like Manu and Parker.

You have understand what I post is accurate. In many thing he is better player than Manu. How he play with national team or PAO or Rocket is not good way to know him. You have to see when he play with Maroussi. When he is player that is given control of team what he can do.

He try explain to Van Gundy he need ball to play well. Van Gundy just destroy him with fans and media after this. But how good can Parker or Manu or T-Mac be without ball?

Spanoulis is very capable to have Nash passing and great defense and run pick and roll like Nash if he is allow to run team. Coach Giannakis his coach of Maroussi and national team know very well. American fan think 4 quarter of Greece US game is some crazy thing that happen. But this is not.

Giannakis know very well what Spanoulis can do and put him in Maroussi pick and roll and tell him take over game. And this is what he do. He is not use such way in PAO team because this is not Obradovic tactic. But Obradovic call him "the chosen one" and say before he is most talent player he has ever seen.

You have to understand what he can do if run with Giannakis Maroussi pick and roll this same thing they run in quarter 4 against team US. But American fan believe it just some crazy thing that happen. Not true. If want way of know Jerry Sloan copy all game plan and offense tactic from Giannakis. He learn most all of this from Giannakis play book.

So you see how Williams or Stockton use this same way as Giannakis Maroussi pick and roll. if you not believe you need pay more attention to Greece US game. Spanoulis try explain this to Van Gundy and he never have chance ever play again.

thispego
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
i missed you man

nfg3
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM

DD

Yeah I agree with that but I don't think it will be the Spurs. That may or may not be good or bad situation for the Spurs. I don't know and only time will tell. If you would have asked me what Beno's impact in Sac Town would have been I would have thought min. to average at best. He's done very well. Good for him. Players have got to be in a system that fits their talents and mindset. Beno didn't do well here and needed a change in scenery. It sees that every team has had players that didn't work out and left only to blossom somewhere else. Team's system, coaches, chemistry - there seems to be a myriad of reasons for some players working out and others not.

eisfeld
03-21-2008, 03:21 PM
You have understand what I post is accurate. In many thing he is better player than Manu. How he play with national team or PAO or Rocket is not good way to know him. You have to see when he play with Maroussi. When he is player that is given control of team what he can do.

For the last time and the love of god... stop comparing any european league with the NBA. He was there, he failed, he's good in Europe. Over and out.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-21-2008, 11:10 PM
I already say Manu is more talent player. Spanoulis cannot do same thing Manu can do. This just like stupid lie Van Gundy make up about "T-Mac of Greece" because Spanoulis not comparable to T-Mac.

He is small point guard. he is not spectacular wing player like Manu or T-Mac. But he is similar mental way of game as Manu and he try play similar like Manu and Parker.

He try explain to Van Gundy he need ball to play well. Van Gundy just destroy him with fans and media after this. But how good can Parker or Manu or T-Mac be without ball?

Spanoulis is very capable to have Nash passing and great defense and run pick and roll like Nash if he is allow to run team. Coach Giannakis his coach of Maroussi and national team know very well. American fan think 4 quarter of Greece US game is some crazy thing that happen. But this is not.

Giannakis know very well what Spanoulis can do and put him in Maroussi pick and roll and tell him take over game. And this is what he do. He is not use such way in PAO team because this is not Obradovic tactic. But Obradovic call him "the chosen one" and say before he is most talent player he has ever seen.

You have to understand what he can do if run with Giannakis Maroussi pick and roll this same thing they run in quarter 4 against team US. But American fan believe it just some crazy thing that happen. Not true. If want way of know Jerry Sloan copy all game plan and offense tactic from Giannakis. He learn most all of this from Giannakis play book.

So you see how Williams or Stockton use this same way as Giannakis Maroussi pick and roll. if you not believe you need pay more attention to Greece US game. Spanoulis try explain this to Van Gundy and he never have chance ever play again.

I used to think the same way about guys like Delfino, Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, etc, etc. The list is made up of players who were awesome in Europe but failed to deliver in the NBA. Moaning about the coach won't improve anything. If those players don't like the way they are coached the have three options:

a) Recognize that they didn't have the balls to play in the NBA and go back to Europe (Jasikevicius, Macijauskas).

b) Stay in the NBA. Keep being an asshole and never reaching their potential (Delfino, Garbajosa).

c) Man up and prove the coach wrong in the limited minutes on the court or practice. (Manu, Calderon, Nocioni)

I laughed because you basically said that Manu was only more flashy that Spanoulis, who is the better player overall. If he's that good, he should have proven it at every stage. Manu, among others, has set a new standard for measuring the sucess of international players in the NBA. Showing some nice moves, but being unable to get more minutes and going back to Europe isn't considered a good experience for international players in the NBA since the '80s.

You claimed that Spanoulis is a better defender. That's just ridiculous, maybe (BIG maybe) he is a better defender on half court collapsed zones like those allowed in FIBA. But with NBA rules he is nowhere near Ginobili.

You claimed Spanoulis is more athletic than Manu. Do you even know what that word means? Even now at 30, Manu has better wingspan, jump, pace and strength than V-Span. Spanoulis tougher? Manu is one of the 5 most physically punished players in the NBA, has been playing for 6 seasons and never missed more than 17 games in a season.

Spanoulis left hand as good as Manu and he not even left handed. Spanoulis cross over and hesitation move is cannot be guard by any player.

My godness, better tell all those 30 stupid NBA coaches that they are missing and unguardable player. I'm not going to even comment on the left hand part.

This is ridiculous. This a level of homerism, blindness and man love that even us Argies can't reach for our players. And that's a feat really hard to achieve.

How he play with national team or PAO or Rocket is not good way to know him. You have to see when he play with Maroussi. When he is player that is given control of team what he can do.

So basically it doesn't count when he plays for PAO, Rockets or Greece because all except one coach diminish his game? When could he be evaluated then? When he is shooting free throws in practice?

If want way of know Jerry Sloan copy all game plan and offense tactic from Giannakis. He learn most all of this from Giannakis play book.

So Sloan learnt the pick'n'roll and all of his playbook from Giannakis. Nevermind the fact that Sloan started coaching back in 1979 and Giannakis in 1997.

K-State Spur
03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
he's so fearless and determined that it takes the exact perfect situation for him to succeed...

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Kill- Bill...

Are you saying that V-Span has a ZERO dollar buyout with his Euro club?

And if so, would he consider returning to the Rockets, where he would be starting within a month.

DD

Indazone
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Kill- Bill...

Are you saying that V-Span has a ZERO dollar buyout with his Euro club?

And if so, would he consider returning to the Rockets, where he would be starting within a month.

DD

Depends on him. His play on the court would have to do his speaking for him in front of our Houston fans who were sold the big lie.

Indazone
03-24-2008, 10:38 AM

Spanoulis could do well with the New Jersey Nets or Toronto Raptors. They run the high post offense. That being said, I'd rather see him back with the Rockets.

Indazone
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Ya know what DD, with Alston's suckage up and down play, had Spanoulis stayed I wouldn't be suprised that at this point in the season, he would have gotten the starting guard position or at least a lot of minutes while Adleman reduced Alston's.

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Depends on him. His play on the court would have to do his speaking for him in front of our Houston fans who were sold the big lie.

I think the vast majority of fans would embrace him, and as soon as he took that first charge on defense or drive relentlessly to the hole the rest would follow.

Not to mention it would be nice to have a PG that can run the PnR properly...

DD

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Ya know what DD, with Alston's suckage up and down play, had Spanoulis stayed I wouldn't be suprised that at this point in the season, he would have gotten the starting guard position or at least a lot of minutes while Adleman reduced Alston's.

There is little doubt in my mind that he would be the starting PG right now in Houston had he stayed, but we would not have gotten Scola, so it is all good for me.

However, why not pursue him with the MLE this offseason? That way we get Scola and V-Span......

DD

Indazone
03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
that would be funny. Unlikely but it would be good if it happened.

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
that would be funny. Unlikely but it would be good if it happened.

Why would it be funny? If Morey likes the guy as much as I suspect he does, it would be smart.

DD

Indazone
03-24-2008, 02:25 PM
It would be funny because of the ownage to several fans. Especially the BB fans lol.

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
It would be funny because of the ownage to several fans. Especially the BB fans lol.

If I were Rockets GM, I would be canvasing the planet for a better PG.....and V-Span would be at or near the top of my list.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Yes DaDakota it seem Spanoulis have zero buy out but special thing in contract call "NBA opt out" which mean only in case of NBA team he can leave PAO contract at any time and cancel contract. No buy out. But for go to non-NBA team this not apply.

It seem both him and Saras have such thing and PAO owner, coach, managers want one of these player gone. They rather Saras leave team and keep Spanoulis base on all comment in media. Maybe can get Saras go back NBA then he can use NBA opt out. Or maybe not if go back NBA they have talks about sell his contract to Spanish club. He VERY popular with Barcelona fan.

PAO want much rather keep Spanoulis than him but one must go because Saras not fit with other stars on team he demand ball and dominate offense to much and Obradovic and PAO team is defense tactic team and Saras not like play defense so much. Because Saras contract so huge it might be problem try to get rid of him if he choose not leave.

So if Spanoulis must go then easy way out of contract is NBA. It really depend on Spanoulis. If he want go to NBA he will have offers. Agent know this and this is why he tell me they make this NBA opt out in contract.

DaDakota
03-24-2008, 03:56 PM
So if Spanoulis must go then easy way out of contract is NBA. It really depend on Spanoulis. If he want go to NBA he will have offers. Agent know this and this is why he tell me they make this NBA opt out in contract.

But it is not really about Pan management but rather what Billy wants to do, does he want to play in the highest league in the world and accept the challenges and risks associated with that, or does he want to be a big fish in a smaller pond like the Greek League?

Does Billy want the challenge of doing it on the world's biggest stage, or is he happy staying at home?

Because at this point, it really is....all about how HE FEELS....if he wants to come to the NBA....as you said there will be teams lining up to get him.....

But it all boils down to what he wants....nobody else.

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
But it is not really about Pan management but rather what Billy wants to do, does he want to play in the highest league in the world and accept the challenges and risks associated with that, or does he want to be a big fish in a smaller pond like the Greek League?

Does Billy want the challenge of doing it on the world's biggest stage, or is he happy staying at home?

Because at this point, it really is....all about how HE FEELS....if he wants to come to the NBA....as you said there will be teams lining up to get him.....

But it all boils down to what he wants....nobody else.

DD

He is not interest in NBA if it is similar as Van Gundy treat him. Also Rocket fan have many myth about Greek league. Spanoulis is NOT popular or like player in Greece. He is #1 most hate player in Greece. But fans support him of course when he on national team.

He is compare as "Euro Kobe" as how he is seen by fan. He also one of most hate player in Europe. Panathinaikos is very hate team in Europe. Must understand even in Athens most people NOT fan of PAO. Because Athens we have like 10 different clubs maybe more. Also the main opponent Olympiacos and another big club AEK also play in Athens.

At most 1/3 of even home team city is fan of team. Rivalry of PAO and Olympiacos is like US rivalry of Yankke-Red Sock but worse.

Going into other team stadium is like go into war zone. To give idea Greek Cup Championship is Wednesday and between PAO and Oly. 15,000 seat stadium that is "neutral" must be use. This is home of Panionios team of Athens also.

This is team that Rocket draft pick Newley is on also Baxter who play with Rockets before. You should know these player. Game must be play here because of how fans get in own stadium.

Also 15,000 stadium and ONLY 1,000 ticket allow be sold! We get 500 for each team and NO MORE because otherwise riot will occur. Also 200 arm police be there inside stadium! 100 for each team fans :spin

Riot police will escort fans of team in building one at time!

This way Rockets fans say "Spanoulis worship in Greece" dumbest thing ever. He not go to Greece to be "big fish in small pond" because in Greece star player of PAO is enemy #1 for most of all country.

Beside play with PAO team is not "small pond" just because in US fans not know this club not change simple fact. PAO is one of handful of biggest sport clubs in entire world. Fame of Houston Rockets compares to PAO is very tiny except of course for China but this weird exception with Rockets because of Yao. This not insult it just true. Even PAO Greek league game not actual Euroleague game have 50 million tv audience so same way except for weird thing with Rockets in China because of Yao not comparable. Just like other NBA team except Bucks because of Yi and China not comparable.

Olympiacos Panathinaikos derby games have 20,000 fans at Panathinaikos stadium and could have 30,000 to 40,000 and some time 70,000 tickets order for game but only 20,000 available if enough seats available. As rockets fans see Rockets - Lakers game this is common occurrence for PAO. He is player play at final of European championship and final of World Championship he have been in much bigger game than players like T-Mac yet Rockets fan say "he not play anywhere but barns".

Houston was actual "small pond" compare to Panathinaikos. It may be hard thing US fan understand but you have to understand in Europe be part of club like Barcelona, Real, Manchester U, Olympiacos, Panathinaikos is not something can compare in US be part of NBA team. PAO team is many billion dollar club make Rockets seem very poor. But American fans of Houston so ignorant they believe team play in 'barns".

This part of problem why American fans have hard time and also the NBA coaches understand some foreign players and call them "rookie". How can say to player like Spanoulis now he in "big pond" now he in "real big games" now he in "real big club" and tell him he just "rookie that prove nothing" this is very crazy way of thinking and Van Gundy cause himself be fired over such thing.

American fan must understand mind set of player like Spanoulis is much different than mind set of other NBA player especially rookie. Even player like T-Mac have never ever play in type of "big stage" game Spanoulis has. To Spanoulis play Rockets is not "big stage".

He go back to Greece because he treat very bad by Van Gundy, his mother sick and Rockets not allow him to help her because she in Greece and because he ruin mentally by how everything happen to him. Like paper in Houston make up lie after lie about him. Then when he and agent confront writers about this they say "why you go to Greek media and talk behind coach back" as Billy say if he try tell his side of story to Houston writer they always say "language barrier you are not ready for any comments"

And Billy speak English since he is 14 :blah he WAYYYYYYYYY better at English than Yao. Writers just lie as much as Van Gundy.

And as for the NBA "best league in world" as Billy tell me when I ask him this, he say this.

"Greek league is not comparable to NBA but Euroleague is even though talent is lower than NBA you must understand difference of rules. Because of rules of NBA it is much more easy to score 15 point in game and get 5 assist in game of NBA than in game of Euroleague. 15 point and 5 assist in NBA game is nothing. Give any good player with basic skill chance and he can do such thing if given play time but so few players in NBA with basic skill it not many players can even do it. In Euroleague this is very hard thing to do in game. Euroleague game is much more physical game. In NBA even look at some player wrong ref call foul. Player such as myself with no hand check rule can score 20 point in NBA game without much difficulty and yet dumb coach will not play me. NBA fan all believe NBA is so much better but they fail understand while talent level is better rules are design to favor quick guard that penetrate. In Euroleague I get fouled and hit hard every play but in NBA I have free pass to rim. Jeff Van Gundy is biggest idiot I ever know."

He also tell me NBA talent level only "20 percent more than Euroleague" so Billy is not as impress by quality of most NBA player as NBA fan are impressed by it. He very impress with player on Rockets like Battier, Yao, T-Mac, Novak (only for shooting) but he say other player of team have chance at Euroleague roster of final four level team but will not be able to make it with good results at such level but all the fans there believe such players would dominate top level of Euroleague and this not true many NBA player get more play time than him and will not make top Euroleague clubs.

Rocket fans should know such thing because most say that Lucas "better than Spanoulis otherwise why Van Gundy not play Spanoulis over him"?

Lucas not able to make Euroleague. He works out for Euroleague teams and not able to make roster. He have to settle for ULEB Cup team. For Euroleague this like NBDL for NBA. Lucas sign with Italy league team.

Lucas get CUT FROM ROSTER! He not even make 2nd level Europe club. They cut him from team and in Italy league they have crap team. Reece Gaines was #1 option of team and he suck at the clutch fan site they refer to these crap players in Europe as "Euroleague superstars" and say "all Americans dominate in Euroleague" and of course like say Lucas not even able make Euroleague roster he have to settle for second level ULEB Cup team and end up getting cut from team anyway for poor play. But these Rocket fans and stupid coach believe he "better" than Spanouli. This just typical of such stupid nonsense about how many believe NBA superior much more than what be actual truth. And this same stupid ego that some coach like Van Gundy get cause them not even consider give chance to "Euro player"

But in NBA and American fans belief "Lucas superior to Spanoulis". As Billy tell me he very good friend with Lucas but he say many time he outplay Yao and T-Mac and bench unit beat starter in practice leads by him. He have 28 point and 8 assist in one practice game with bench against starters like he say as example this what Van Gundy say after game.

Van Gundy say "you have very good future with this team and you will be starting by playoff". Then very NEXT DAY coach on radio say "we make trade for Tsakalidis now Billy can bitch in Greek to him about how we are screws him and lied to him about promise play time"

When Billy ask if this joke he told by coach "I change my mind you need to sit all year for that comment you make about basketball is just basketball, this is NBA no other game anywhere count"

Like Billy tell me NBA fan and team and player really believe NBA higher than Olympic or World Championship and as Billy tell me this is not true. Play against Team USA is higher level and Van Gundy say "it not count".

Billy if come to NBA he come to prove himself in best league in world but only because he already know what people think of him. "he suck" "he not able to make it in NBA".

He not "worship in Greece" as Rocket fan site claim. he have been spit on many time in games in Greece and also he is consider "traitor" and "Greek tragedy and failure" because he "disgrace Hellas as quitter".

He hear all time in Greece and Europe all over about how he "not able to make it in NBA" Same craps as stupid Rockets fans.

Reason for him come back to NBA if he choose to is because he know actual truth. That he have seen NBA and as he tell me "it not what I think it was as I believe NBA is so much better than Euroleague and I find out it is not so much better but only somewhat better only 1 or 2 players on most NBA team 3 on very few team that are very good player and the rest of players on the teams are below standard of lead players of best national teams from Europe or below level of very best Euroleague players."

As he say he find out NBA is "star system create by coach" and like he tell me in NBA Rafer Alston can be consider better or as good than me because in NBA does player contract and status with club decide play time. In Greek league if I outplay Alston in practice I am starter end of story not true in NBA it seem."

He tell me he know very well what he can do because he have beat Houston starters in practice several times and several times outplay T-Mac and Yao. He also know NBA is made up system in many way where bad players like many players of Rockets team given play time while other may not be base on coach attitude or how much money player make.

He believe 100% if come to NBA it is not for prove to himself he can play in "best league in world" because he already know this he already see he can play in NBA no problem if he come to NBA it only to make sure he not get trap in same thing like happen with Van Gundy and so he get treat as all other players same then like he say his play on court will shuts them all up and also Van Gundy will be expose.

Indazone
03-24-2008, 08:17 PM
hmm as you can see Adelman has not problem playing European players and rookies. Landry is getting many minutes, Scola around 20 mpg. Novak has gotten some playing time but I'd like to see him get more. Still, the only reason Alson is getting so many minutes is because he is the only option right now besides Bobby Jackson. PG is our weakest link. Aaron Brooks still cannot make his shots even though he is quick. Steve Francis is injured and we do not know if he will be able to return to form. The only PG that Spanoulis would have to beat out to become the starter is Rafer Alston unless Steve Francis returns to form.

DaDakota
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Look,

The point is that it is all about what Billy wants, and nothing else. He is not playing in the premier league on the planet, but maybe he is happier there.

It is like Beckam playing in the MLS, he may be happier playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy instead of Manchester United, but we both know that the MLS is lower than the Premier league.

So, essentially Billy is playing in the MLS.

:D

DD

Indazone
03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
You know, this series of posts makes you wonder if Jeff Van Gundy will ever coach again in the NBA. Surely his reputation among players and management has spread to the rest of the league. Sorta like Larry Brown, I see a reluctance to hire Larry Brown from NBA owners now because of the disaster in New York and his last year with Detroit. You can include Scott Skiles in this list too. Not that they haven't had success in the NBA but in general being known as disciplinarians, not being fair to players and butting heads with management. In any business or corporation, if you butt heads with the boss...you gone!

DaDakota
03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
You know, this series of posts makes you wonder if Jeff Van Gundy will ever coach again in the NBA. Surely his reputation among players and management has spread to the rest of the league. Sorta like Larry Brown, I see a reluctance to hire Larry Brown from NBA owners now because of the disaster in New York and his last year with Detroit. You can include Scott Skiles in this list too. Not that they haven't had success in the NBA but in general being known as disciplinarians, not being fair to players and butting heads with management. In any business or corporation, if you butt heads with the boss...you gone!

JVG is a good coach, but a lousy player manager, and he can't develop a player to save his life.

Not to mention he is so risk averse that it hinders his team's ability to win when the opponent shuts down what they are comfortable running.

I am just glad he is out of Houston.

DD

Indazone
03-25-2008, 11:49 AM
JVG would be a better college coach where he continuosly loses his players to graduation. Then he'd be forced to develop players.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=144953

Sam Fisher

ironically enough, I watched the last 3 quarters of a game btween PANA and some team with a name like AEG or something on saturday since I was in belgium and had nothing else to watch on TV.

I was not impressed with the quality of play very much. First off - the game really DID look it was being played in a barn. It was like a high school gymnasium (AEG's stadiium) - there were no seats on the side of the court (only a wall and a balcony on the side, two stories? And the players sat in those cheap plastic chairs that you put outside?) There were some small bleachers behind each basket, i'd say a few 1000 people at most were there.

The game itself - Former Grizzlies cast-off Mike Batiste was clearly the best player on the court. He looked like a poor man's amare stoudemire and was way too athletic for the opposition, which also had a few american big men. The top scorer I think was Jasikevicus who scored with a bunch of slow motion loopy looking drives which were absent during his timie in the NBA. Spanoulis looked OK but didn't do too much, a few drives, a few clanged jumpers, a few passes. Not much defense but then nobody seems to play defense at all in that league - they just play a crappy looking half-hearted zone and attempt to play the passing lanes.

Overall I was not very impressed except with Batiste who could probably crack an NBA rotation. Oh yeas I should mention that there was a guy who I believe was former NBA guard & Houston Cougars star Anthony Goldwire playing for the other team who must be closing in on 40, but he was able to get into the lane at will - though spanoulis and diamanitidis didn't put forth much of an effort to stop him.

This exact thing I talk about. Person make comment about two best guard defender Europe Diamantidis and Spanoulis as "poor defense" and Batiste just praise. Batiste is poor rebounder and defender and Spanoulis and Diamantidis are best defender of guard position on continent.

Person make typical comment "play game in barn" and not even know game play against small club team. Person probably have heart attack if see PAo home stadium and learn it is most large basketball stadium in world.

Person obvious not know what league is play also person not even get name of team right. "AEG" "AEG" stadium. Idiot. Supposed "saw game and watched it" and not even has name of team correct like it just made up he "saw game".

Also make arrogant comment about Saras as I say before Saras is suck player. Only stupid idiot fan in Europe believe he any good he suck. "Batiste clear best player on floor" this is comedy. He is actual fact clear #4 best player of PAO. Spanoulis is best and Diamantidis is next best and Tsartsaris is better also.

This idiot think Batiste is best player and he is not able to play defense or rebound against Euroleage level team and against good Greek league team he is not able to either. "Clear best player on floor" of course because since he American he automatic "Euroleague superstar because all American dominate there" :blah

This exact example what we call the ugly American in Europe and unfortunate it seem Van Gundy also suffer same disease problem. If such people can see how stupid the look maybe they wake up but no hope for them.

I see NBA game recent and van Gundy duing game as announcer make joke about Braggs who play for him and in Russia. He say "I ask my team before Dallas game who has play in game 7 before? Braggs raise hand and say me. I laugh at him and I set him straight and I say this is THE N........B.........A son and don't give me that stupid crap about Russia........RUSSIA are you kid me? No other game anywhere play before count worth crap except NBA GAME.......Russia are you kid me cannot be serious? I had to set this player straight and he never bring up this craps again."

Then he laugh and laugh and laugh on TV and make fun of player, make fun of Russia, make fun of basketball in Russia and basic anywhere in world not NBA because like say "nowhere even count or exist if not NBA" these words he use. This person so stupid he not even realize he open insult other people and country. And so stupid he not even know what type of basketball play in Russia. Guess this happen with person who admit never watch international game even admit never watch team US game. Guess he never see Russians beat Americans before :rolleyes

He ask question who play game 7? Player who have raise hand and he make fun of him but this not enough 3 YEARS after this happen he feel need to make fun of player and insult him on nations Tv for million of people to see even in other country. This Van Gundy is just incredible immature, rude and arrogant person.

This exact type of fan and coach that have ugly America disease and low IQ. Such person no matter how hard work will not achieve any good thing. Van Gundy no matter how hard work never accomplish desire result as coach because such low IQ and arrogant person cannot. Person cannot be so close mind and so stubborn and be great leader or success person. All year train as coach and no smarter than fan Sam Fisher who make post. All years train as coach and just as much ignorant and dumb as very stupid fan not even smart fan.

And Sam Fisher make sound like Goldwire good player in Greece. This is worst thing of all. This is such funny thing it make me hurt. I doubt most basketball fan in Greece even know who Goldwire is. He make it sound like "get in lane at will" he is suck player on HORRIBLE team at Greek league level. I think this Sam Fisher is even crazy person.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Look,

The point is that it is all about what Billy wants, and nothing else. He is not playing in the premier league on the planet, but maybe he is happier there.

It is like Beckam playing in the MLS, he may be happier playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy instead of Manchester United, but we both know that the MLS is lower than the Premier league.

So, essentially Billy is playing in the MLS.

DD

Like I says before Rocket fan have many myth about Greek league. This is not like MLS to English premiere league this is more like Serie A to premiere league. Also Euroleague is more like Brazil league to premiere league.

This type of thing you see Rocket fan say and just nonsense.

If want fair comparison see how Serie a Italy soccer (we call footbal) league is and compare this to English soccer league. This is NBA compare to Greek basketball league. Say Greek league is like MLS is very strong insult.

If want fair comparison of NBA to Euroleague (where Spanoulis play each season because he with Euroleague contract team) then for soccer this be like Brazil league to English league.

Yes English league is much better than MLS but Brazil league also make MLS look like joke and English league just little better. NBA is just like Spanoulis say 20 percent better than Euroleague. English soccer league 99 percent better than MLS.

I have see this comparison make before Euroleague or Greek league or Spanish league is like MLS to English league as they compare with NBA and this sad joke. I see many American NBA fan of many team say same thing. Maybe if you say Finland league or Portugal league is compare to MLS you be accurate.

1. NBA
2. Euroleague
3. Spanish league
4. Greek league
5. Turkish league
6. Russian league
7. ULEB Cup
8. Italian league

These are consider good leagues of basketball in order. Italy league is drop down very fast though. Any other league is poor. But any of these league here cannot be compare as MLS soccer league. MLS soccer league is joke league it may be worst soccer league in world. Would be like in basketball Chinese league is MUCH MUCH better than MLS league is in soccer. Chinese league in basketball is joke even compare to Greek league in basketball.

Maybe this help you understand better.

DaDakota
03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
No, I understand quite well, thank you.

The NBA is the top league, and my point remains, does V-Span want to prove himself at the TOP level, or is he satisfied playing Division 1 level instead of premiership?

That is what the question is.........

If he wants to truly be the best, he has to want to play on the highest level, IMO.

All of the "Where does this league or that league rank" is irrelevant because we both agree the NBA is the best.

And I know very well about life in Europe as I lived over there, and still support Manchester United.....which is SEVERAL levels above MLS I concur......I was just making a point about wanting to play at the highest level versus not...

Oh, and one last thing, I have NO DOUBT at all that V-Span can play and excel at the NBA, what I wonder about is whether he WANTS to....

DD

Indazone
03-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Kinda makes ya wonder why Beckham came to play for the LA Galaxy doesn't it. In any event, I'd like to see Vassilis play again in the NBA for any team. IF not just to make some knowledgeble Rockets B-Ball fans look stupid and have to eat their words.

dreamcastrocks
03-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Why is he compared to Steve Nash? He passed a total of about 3 times in the first 5 minutes.

He looks like an undersized 2 to me.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Why is he compared to Steve Nash? He passed a total of about 3 times in the first 5 minutes.

He looks like an undersized 2 to me.

This nickname he have by some fans. He is player have way to much nickname. This is crazy but for some reason he always have so many nickname.

The Rocket Man
The Chosen One
V-Splinter
The Splinter
Kill Bill
Euro Kobe
Greek Nash
Oracle of Delphi
Greek Sensation
Billy the Greek Kid
V-Span
"T-Mac of Greece" this stupid thing comes from Van Gundy and Rocket fans but now he cannot escape this one now

:rolleyes

Just so many nickname for some reason with him. Main nickname is Kill Bill though this is REAL nickname but others are use many time to.

Greek Steve Nash I think come from how he will make same pass that Nash make and he will run pick and roll same as Nash. Basic every type of pass Nash make he also make exact same pass. Both player must be teach same exact way of make pass. So I think this how he get the "Greek Nash" nickname.

he lead Greek league in assist remember FIBA assist is not same as NBA assist. If player dribble or make move or pump fake or any such thing even wait second after get pass before they shoots the ball it NOT count as assist. Also many time assist must be consider as going straight to basket or it NOT count as assist which can mean open shot for teammate not count as assist.

So Spanoulis average over 5 assist in Greek league (he was not allow run pg in Euroleague because Saras have in his contract he was to be PG of Euroleague games) but American NBA fan think this is not "point guard" assist # because in NBA game this is low # for point guard. But in FIBA 5 assist is Nash like number. 5-6 assist in FIBA is best passers of world. Even Pepe Sanchez or Papaloukas will get 5-6 assist at most in FIBA. Nash will get 5-6 assist in FIBA.

And Spanoulis get 5 assist but only play 23 minute a game. He also have 2 other point guard on his same team with is Jasekivicus and Diamantides and so assist # will be affect by this but even they not comparable to his passing. He is easy by good amount best passer in Greek league.

I think Papaloukas best amount ever he get for year was 5 assist average in Greek league and also this lead league. Papaloukas consider best passer of Europe by many or also Pepe Sanchez was I think Sanchez only average 3-4 assist in Greek league when he play with PAO (which is same team of Spanoulis). You need see on youtube what passes such player like Papaloukas and Sanchez can make and understand Spanoulis average more assist then these same player in same league or even same team but in play less minute.

So he is similar as Nash in assist number. But in some other ways of game he is little bit different.

I not know how Spanoulis compare to Nash if he is "most like" Nash or if he closer to other player for compare to type of NBA player but he is one of best play maker of Europe for ability to get assist.

Actual if Suns was smart they would want him as Nash backup and let Nash teach him he can run same exact offense Suns do. Suns have never ask about him and his agent say they never interest. of all NBA team this is best fit for him because he run pick and roll exact same way as Nash and his way of drive and kick ball is same exact.

DaDakota
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Kill Bill,

You never answered my question.

Do you think V-Span WANTS to come and play at the highest level, or do you think he is satisfied being where he is?

DD

Lebowski Brickowski
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Wow! This is the 1st page I've read of this thread and just on the basis of this page, I'd like to nominate Kill Bill Pana as the Poster of the Year.

Or at least, Euro-Poster-of-the-Year. :) No kidding. I've never actually read a post as long as your posts are before I realize that the poster is full of it or just plain stupid.

You are informative, emotionally engaging, and ESL, which makes for a TOTALLY AWESOME COMBINATION. :)

Keep them coming Pana. You are NBA level in my book.

Indazone
03-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Now how the heck he get a nickname like V-Splinter? Riding the pine?

CubanMustGo
03-25-2008, 11:33 PM
You left off one nick:

V-gina.

dreamcastrocks
03-26-2008, 09:32 AM
This nickname he have by some fans. He is player have way to much nickname. This is crazy but for some reason he always have so many nickname.

V-Splinter
The Splinter
Kill Bill
Euro Kobe
Greek Nash
Oracle of Delphi
Greek Sensation
Billy the Greek Kid
V-Span
"T-Mac of Greece" this stupid thing comes from Van Gundy and Rocket fans but now he cannot escape this one now

Just so many nickname for some reason with him. Main nickname is Kill Bill though this is REAL nickname but others are use many time to.

Greek Steve Nash I think come from how he will make same pass that Nash make and he will run pick and roll same as Nash. Basic every type of pass Nash make he also make exact same pass. Both player must be teach same exact way of make pass. So I think this how he get the "Greek Nash" nickname.

he lead Greek league in assist remember FIBA assist is not same as NBA assist. If player dribble or make move or pump fake or any such thing even wait second after get pass before they shoots the ball it NOT count as assist. Also many time assist must be consider as going straight to basket or it NOT count as assist which can mean open shot for teammate not count as assist.

So Spanoulis average over 5 assist in Greek league (he was not allow run pg in Euroleague because Saras have in his contract he was to be PG of Euroleague games) but American NBA fan think this is not "point guard" assist # because in NBA game this is low # for point guard. But in FIBA 5 assist is Nash like number. 5-6 assist in FIBA is best passers of world. Even Pepe Sanchez or Papaloukas will get 5-6 assist at most in FIBA. Nash will get 5-6 assist in FIBA.

And Spanoulis get 5 assist but only play 23 minute a game. He also have 2 other point guard on his same team with is Jasekivicus and Diamantides and so assist # will be affect by this but even they not comparable to his passing. He is easy by good amount best passer in Greek league.

I think Papaloukas best amount ever he get for year was 5 assist average in Greek league and also this lead league. Papaloukas consider best passer of Europe by many or also Pepe Sanchez was I think Sanchez only average 3-4 assist in Greek league when he play with PAO (which is same team of Spanoulis). You need see on youtube what passes such player like Papaloukas and Sanchez can make and understand Spanoulis average more assist then these same player in same league or even same team but in play less minute.

So he is similar as Nash in assist number. But in some other ways of game he is little bit different.

I not know how Spanoulis compare to Nash if he is "most like" Nash or if he closer to other player for compare to type of NBA player but he is one of best play maker of Europe for ability to get assist.

Actual if Suns was smart they would want him as Nash backup and let Nash teach him he can run same exact offense Suns do. Suns have never ask about him and his agent say they never interest. of all NBA team this is best fit for him because he run pick and roll exact same way as Nash and his way of drive and kick ball is same exact.

Greek Steve Nash...... is that you?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Kill Bill,

You never answered my question.

Do you think V-Span WANTS to come and play at the highest level, or do you think he is satisfied being where he is?

DD

He wants to be prove as very good player at all level. He already prove at junior level, Greek league, Euroleague, and also national team level he still have to prove at NBA level.

So yes he want to. Nikos Galis who is his basketball idol have already told him that Greece has had 2 player that were capable of be all star in NBA him and Spanoulis. Galis never play in NBA because of mistake by agent and injury but he never try go there.

He has already advise Spanoulis he make mistake because even though many calls him best player ever of Europe in US they have attitude that "he suck" or else why he not play NBA. Even though McAdoo say he is comparable to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson American fan laugh and will not believe because he never come NBA.

Galis also advise him Greece not have any respect in US for basketball ability. He say this why Van Gundy treat him this way. he tell him if this country like Spain he come from or Argentina get respect. But American basketball system have zero respect for Greece even after Greece beat team US.

This because no Greek player has been well know player of NBA. When Spanoulis come NBA one of main reason is to prove Greece can make player that can be good in NBA. Galis has tell him even though he is FIBA Hall of Fame member he still not respect in US because not play in NBA even when player like Jordan has say before how very good he is when he play him.

Spanoulis is very determined prove himself in NBA. There are some other player like Diamantidis know that deep down in heart are not capable of be key player in NBA but just role player. Coach Giannakis, coach Obradovic, Galis they all believe Spanoulis can be even all star in NBA.

Lindsey and Dawson tell him same thing and also Clyde Drexler tell him same only person who believe he "suck" is Van Gundy and he really ruin his career. So yes he would like what this is what Billy say it as to me "I would like chance to actual get chance to show what I can do in NBA and show fan of Texas I have game. I not even have chance with Van Gundy he decide my fate before I even sign contract"

So yes he do want to "prove" himself in NBA. But must understand after experience with Van Gundy he is very concern about right situation if he decide try again. This because unlike American player he have to leave him leave friends leave family leave culture, country, way of life all this and move to other side of world. So it is not same thing for Greek player get put in doggie house as same for American player.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Now how the heck he get a nickname like V-Splinter? Riding the pine?

Yes Greek fan way of make fun of him.

And also because he is very aggravate opponent. He like play pressure defense for length of court. He like to play "close defense" which mean get 1 inch from opponent and smother him. Van Gundy not like this style.

Also he is player on offense like drive ball into opponent. So he is strong player who lift weight each day. He drive ball into defense like Manu or Wade but I think he hit a little bit harder than them. This make other players mad. He is not popular player.

So V stand for Vassilis then - for just be the first letter then Splinter because he "annoy or get under skin of opponent".

He is call either "The Splinter" or "V-Splinter"

Like "splinter that get under your skin"

V- Splinter can also be joke for Greek fan make fun of him because he "get under Van Gundy's skin and also because he then get splinter in butt ride on coach's bench" this how "V-Splinter" become "The Splinter".

Indazone
03-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Well another gold medal in Beijing would help immensely. To raise his stock and visibility around the world.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Well another gold medal in Beijing would help immensely. To raise his stock and visibility around the world.

Dikoudis who is team backup PF, Hatzivrettas who is team starting SG, Papadoploulos who is team starting C and Papaloukas who has been main player and leader of team player many say best player of Europe are not play in Olympics.

Hatzivrettas already announce he reitre from team. Papadopoulos call president of national team "cry baby bitch" and makes fun of him in game on tv. This mean he not be back.

Dikoudis say before he retire like Hatzivrettas then change mind and say he decide after season but most Greek paper and media say he not play in Olympic.

Then Papaloukas have never make promise he will play and in last week many Greek media say "star of national team not play in Olympic"

Papaloukas is most famous player of national team. Also Kakiouzis who is captain of national team and is locker room leader of team probably is not playing. Greek team have many question also with coach. Giannakis is not inform if he be allow to coach national team. This because he have been hire as coach of Olympiacos and country is not sure they want him also coach national team because of possible be some way of conflict. He is very easy best Greek coach at time and be very bad if he not allow coach which look like maybe he will not be.

Many problem for Greek team right now.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 10:26 AM
You left off one nick:

V-gina.

So Rocket fan site says "T-Mac of Greece"

Spurs fan site says "V-Gina"?

Tell me exact thing this mean? This mean Spanoulis is girl yes? Gina is girl name.

Indazone
03-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Umm no...

V-Gina is short for Vagina so it's an insult.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 11:02 AM
Umm no...

V-Gina is short for Vagina so it's an insult.

I look up meaning of word. I like what word is but not what nickname is.

Mark in Austin
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
He also believe no other team in world like Spurs. He tell me again he ask only for 8-10 minute a game ...

He have great respect for Adelman and Popovich. In Europe Van Gundy and Byron Scott have very poor reputation but Adelman and Popovich very good. Adelman best of all. But remember Popovich is one who talk with Obradovic. Obradovic and PAO owners have great respect for Popovich.

Nobody on the Spurs gets guaranteed minutes, or have you not been following Pop's constant rotation changes over the past month?

If he has so much respect for the Spurs and Pop, he can shut the fuck up, lose the sense of entitlement he seems to bring with him everywhere, show up humble, work hard, and if he proves himself better than Vaughn he'll earn minutes. If he thinks he deserves guaranteed minutes on the Spurs - or any NBA team right now - he needs to stay in Europe, because he clearly is not mature enough to handle competing for playing time in the NBA. In the NBA your contract is guaranteed. On the Spurs playing time is not, and never should be.

It. Is. Really. That. Simple.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 11:29 AM
http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=144953

Sam Fisher

ironically enough, I watched the last 3 quarters of a game btween PANA and some team with a name like AEG or something on saturday since I was in belgium and had nothing else to watch on TV.

I was not impressed with the quality of play very much. First off - the game really DID look it was being played in a barn. It was like a high school gymnasium (AEG's stadiium) - there were no seats on the side of the court (only a wall and a balcony on the side, two stories? And the players sat in those cheap plastic chairs that you put outside?) There were some small bleachers behind each basket, i'd say a few 1000 people at most were there.

The game itself - Former Grizzlies cast-off Mike Batiste was clearly the best player on the court. He looked like a poor man's amare stoudemire and was way too athletic for the opposition, which also had a few american big men. The top scorer I think was Jasikevicus who scored with a bunch of slow motion loopy looking drives which were absent during his timie in the NBA. Spanoulis looked OK but didn't do too much, a few drives, a few clanged jumpers, a few passes. Not much defense but then nobody seems to play defense at all in that league - they just play a crappy looking half-hearted zone and attempt to play the passing lanes.

Overall I was not very impressed except with Batiste who could probably crack an NBA rotation. Oh yeas I should mention that there was a guy who I believe was former NBA guard & Houston Cougars star Anthony Goldwire playing for the other team who must be closing in on 40, but he was able to get into the lane at will - though spanoulis and diamanitidis didn't put forth much of an effort to stop him.

I show what type of liar such person is. And how this type of liar turn all Rocket fan against Spanoulis with such lies from such fans and also from coach and Houston writers.

1. Spanoulis leading scorer of game NOT Saras
2. Name of opponent team is not "AEG" it is Egaleo BC idiot not even get name of team correct
3. Anthony Goldwire not "get into lane at will"
4. Batiste not "clearly best player on floor"

I show how such lies typical with Rocket fans.

http://www.paobc.gr/document.php?category_id=3&document_id=244&page=1

EGALEO-PANATHINAIKOS 76-85
One halftime was enough for Panathinaikos to take the victory against Egaleo. Our team played excellent basketball in the third and fourth period and won with 76-85. Very good game from Vassilis Spanoulis, Mike Batiste and Sarounas Jasikevicius.
One very crucial point that we have to mention is that Kostas Tsartsaris played again after two months and seemed to be ready for the big final of the Cup with Olympiacos in Wednesday.
Egaleo tried to surprise Panathinaikos, 14-10, but the “green” answered and at the end of the first period took the lead with 16-22. In the next ten minutes of the first half Magounis played excellent and lead his team to 37-33 of the halftime.
The next 20 minutes was Panathinaikos case. Players of Obradovic with Jasikevicius, Batiste and Spanoulis in very good shape made a run of 0-18 and in 30’ the score was 54-62. In the last period nothing changed and the Serbian coach had the opportunity to test some things for the game with Olympiacos.

Score by period: 16-22, 37-33, 54-62, 76-85

Egaleo (Slouktopoulos): Goldwire 14(2), Nikolaidis 8(2), Hohler, Magounis 13(1), Patterson 15(2), Bracey 7(1), Kallinikidis 9, Todorovic 2, Marjanovic 8
Panathinaikos (Obradovic): Perperoglou 6(2), Spanoulis 20, Batiste 16, Zizic 8, Chatzivrettas 5(1), Dikoudis, Tsartsaris 5(1), Diamantidis 2, Winston 6, Jasikevicius 17(2)

This just typical of endless kind of nonsense have been said about Spanoulis. I start wonder if some of this fan of Rocket team is Turkish people? They have crazy hate for Spanoulis for no reason.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Nobody on the Spurs gets guaranteed minutes, or have you not been following Pop's constant rotation changes over the past month?

If he has so much respect for the Spurs and Pop, he can shut the fuck up, lose the sense of entitlement he seems to bring with him everywhere, show up humble, work hard, and if he proves himself better than Vaughn he'll earn minutes. If he thinks he deserves guaranteed minutes on the Spurs - or any NBA team right now - he needs to stay in Europe, because he clearly is not mature enough to handle competing for playing time in the NBA. In the NBA your contract is guaranteed. On the Spurs playing time is not, and never should be.

It. Is. Really. That. Simple.

How many time I have explain this? He never ask for "guarantee minute" from Spurs. He ask for chance when play time. He tell by van Gundy bench all year before he even practice with team.

He want fair chance if earn minute in practice not "guarantee minute" he outplay many player of Rockets in practice and still not play. Why some Spurs fans keep make up stupid craps like he want "guarantee minute from Spurs"?

CubanMustGo
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Why do you keep thinking anyone here gives a damn?

Mark in Austin
03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
How many time I have explain this? He never ask for "guarantee minute" from Spurs. He ask for chance when play time. He tell by van Gundy bench all year before he even practice with team.

He want fair chance if earn minute in practice not "guarantee minute" he outplay many player of Rockets in practice and still not play. Why some Spurs fans keep make up stupid craps like he want "guarantee minute from Spurs"?

Because every time you explain this, you then post something like:

He tell me again he ask only for 8-10 minute a game ...

?

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Because every time you explain this, you then post something like:

?

This mean if he get fair chance to earn play time and he then do earn play time once he get play time he be satisfy with 8-10 minute if it this little to start as he learn to adjust to NBA. This so hard to understand what this mean? But some fan have to make him seem like so arrogant player like "he demand guarantee play time"

Same kind of lies make fan in Houston all hate him.

DaDakota
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Kill_Bill,

Do you think V-Span would give the Rockets another look, we still need a quality attacking PG like Billy and Rafer is NOT the long term answer.

Rick Adelman would be playing him heavy minutes already, but do you think Billy would think about coming back to Houston after the way JVG treated him?

For the record, JVG screwed V-Span a lot, he should have been playing 20+ minutes a game all year last year....

So, I guess I am asking you do you think V-Span will opt out and does Houston stand a chance at getting him?

As for Sam Fisher, that guy is a notorious V-Span hater, and JVG lover, so his opinion is about as valuable as the US dollar is to the Euro today.

And most fans in Houston still love him...regardless of what JVG said.....we know the truth...

DD

Indazone
03-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Well fans who do not read the bulletin boards like Spanoulis. Lots of people who I talk to about Spanoulis say he wasn't given a fair chance. Wanted to see him play more. It's the people who read the bulletin board that are jaded. Houston has 6 million people. The Bulletin board has a few thousand people on it. So you see, what they say in the bulletin board doesn't matter. Houston Chronicle Newspaper is more valuable in terms of information and people's opinions are made on their own.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Spanoulis team Panathinaikos beat Olympiacos today 81-79 to win Hellenic Cup Championship :toast

Spanoulis lead team in point score with 20 and in assist with 7 (this be like 14 assist in NBA method of count assist).

But Spanoulis not get Hellenic Cup MVP award :rolleyes Kostas Tsartsaris his teammate gets MVP award but he only have 14 point and 5 rebound in game. This 3 straight time Tsartsaris win Greek Cup MVP award now very good for him.

MVP voters say they punish Spanoulis and not give him MVP award because he miss 5 free throw in game. :blah This not good thing though miss 5 free throw. Anyway like say today Spanoulis team win Hellenic Cup champions and he have great game.

Kobayagi
03-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Spanoulis lead team in point score with 20 and in assist with 7 (this be like 14 assist in NBA method of count assist).

Explain this part to me, please.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Explain this part to me, please.

You understand that FIBA assist is count different from NBA assist yes? For NBA way of count assist Spanoulis have 14 today. For FIBA way of count assist Spanoulis have 7 today.

ClingingMars
03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
He has already advise Spanoulis he make mistake because even though many calls him best player ever of Europe in US they have attitude that "he suck" or else why he not play NBA. Even though McAdoo say he is comparable to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson American fan laugh and will not believe because he never come NBA.

Who is this 'McAdoo'?

-Mars

DaDakota
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Bob MacAdoo....

FIBA assist totals are about 30-40% lower than the NBA totals based upon the shorter games and the different way in which they are awarded. FIBA assists are harder, if a player dribbles, or fakes and then shoots, the passer does not get an assist.

For instance, if Nash went over to play in Euro, his assist totals would go down about 30% or so......

So, 7 assists a game over there is more like 12-14 in an NBA game....

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Bob MacAdoo....

FIBA assist totals are about 30-40% lower than the NBA totals based upon the shorter games and the different way in which they are awarded. FIBA assists are harder, if a player dribbles, or fakes and then shoots, the passer does not get an assist.

For instance, if Nash went over to play in Euro, his assist totals would go down about 30% or so......

So, 7 assists a game over there is more like 12-14 in an NBA game....

DD

Yes Spanoulis average 5 assist in Greek league this year and usually if he gets 5 assist in game I count about 7-9 NBA assist.

Kobayagi
03-26-2008, 05:29 PM
You understand that FIBA assist is count different from NBA assist yes? For NBA way of count assist Spanoulis have 14 today. For FIBA way of count assist Spanoulis have 7 today.

Please read what you are saying...you can't say that FIBA assist count is 30-40 % lower than NBA assist count and then say something like 7 european assists equals 14 nba assists. That's like 100 % lower, not 30 %.

temujin
03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Panatinaikos got eliminated and will NOT make Euroleague playoffs.

They look like the Mavericks of the Euroleague.

Except that there is no salary cap over here, and they spent 10 times more money than some of the teams that got in, just to watch them play on TV.

Spanoulis record as a team player is becoming seriously questionable.

The posts of his devoted fan should get rarer and more cautious.

temujin
03-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Please read what you are saying...you can't say that FIBA assist count is 30-40 % lower than NBA assist count and then say something like 7 european assists equals 14 nba assists. That's like 100 % lower, not 30 %.

That reminds me of a quote of a waterpolo coach that a former teammate of mine talked about about.

A croatian guy.

Waterpolo is simple sport.
60% is the goalkeeper.
70% is the center.
Everyone else is 10%.

It must be something in the balkans.........

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM

What you talk about? I COUNT the NBA assist in game. I say today he have 14 assist by NBA way and 7 by FIBA way. It not base on 30% this is just average number that ESPN expert come up with I think he say 31% I see this before in Rocket fan site.

Like I have say here Pepe Sanches only average 3-4 assist when he in Greek league maybe you try learn some new thing and watch some clip of him on youtube such passer only get 3-4 assist in Greek league. He as good passer easy as Nash.

Some time Spanouli get 3 assist it like 6 or 7 NBA assist some time it like 9 some time is same as 3. It depend on how the pass is make. Because like say all pass Steve Nash make to Amare that are bounce pass and Amare catch one dribble or even he some time wait second then dunk or he some time pump fake then dunk NONE of these is assist in FIBA. Can be 5 or 6 dunk each game Amare get from nash pass and none of these are assist in FIBA. Understand?

So it depend on type of pass some time Spanoulis have more bounce pass to player some time more no look pass. No look pass usual is assist because player no dribble before dunk. Bounce pass usual driblle before dunk so no assist. Also have no if Spanoulis drive under bask then kick ball out to open shooter not assist for Greek league because ball go away from basket. See how this be?

So depend if Spanoulis make more pass from 3 point line to basket he get more assist if he drive ball more and pass back away to open shooter less assist. Understand? So in game some time when he play SG if he get 3 assist it maybe like 6 assist in NBA. When he play point guard all game he is drive much more and many more kick out to open shooter and many more pick and roll and bounce pass. Today he play point guard all game and run team. Saras and Diamantidis not allow run team because championship is being play and coach already see how other two handle Euroleague eliminations game.

Hope this explain to you. For year Spanoulis is average 5 assist in Greek league and he is about 9 for NBA assist.

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 06:36 PM

Except that there is no salary cap over here, and they spent 10 times more money than some of the teams that got in, just to watch them play on TV.

Team have starting C and PF injure all year that way they lose in Euroleague. If you notice today team final get back starting Pf Tsartsaris and BEAT Olympiacos for championship. Olympicas already advance to Euroleague playoff. if PAO is so poor team how can they beat Olympiacos which make Euroleague playoff for win Greek Cup?

Is because now starting pF of team is back. How Spurs play if lose starting PF and C? They make NBA playoff? I not think so.

Beside like I already explain here in some talks Saras is problem of PAO. He is extreme selfish and ego player. Coach have enough of him and after disaster in Euroleague with his selfish ball hog play as can see today in championship game he not allow run team or play point guard. he also play only 15 minute. Spanoulis play 34 minute and run team whole game and play point guard whole game.

Saras is one who cause problem in Euroleague with ball hog play. And some dumb fans believe Saras is better player than Spanoulis? Explain then why coach has not allow him play point guard and run team anymore for domestic championships? Why he now get 15 minute and Spanoulis 34 in Cup final game? As usual it just same way many fan like bad mouth Spanoulis. You know in game today Olympiacos fans throws rocks and hits him

Kill_Bill_Pana
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM

By way our team have the €30 million budget which be $47.5 million in the US money. Also because our club pay the net salary in Greece have to pay 40% tax for all athlete of club and because in NBA this different. In NBA team have not to pay player tax salary instead player must pay this.

But PAO pay this for players. Because of this Euroleague President have admit PAO team have player budget = to the $72 million in the US way which he admit PAO is team be pay "luxurious tax" if in NBA.

Even though our owners is very rich. Many billions of dollars yes it is true our owners VERY upset team with such budget not make Euroleague playoff even though starting PF and C were injure.

Saras is highest pay basketball player of Europe, highest pay in world not in NBA and he is highest pay athlete in history of Greece. If count his extra pay like bills, car, house, also count exchange rate and also count all tax pay Greek paper mention he make only $3 million less than Kobe
:blah

Yes it true team owners not happy with this with such budget but understand this is PAO club 100 year celebration. Basketball team is found 1922 but athletic union is found 1908. For 100 year celebration PAO owner go huge on budget of team try win championship. Not sure how budget be next year.