PDA

View Full Version : Woman sues golf course after being hit by golf ball

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/woman-struck-golf-ball-files-suit,-alleging-design-flaw-beach-course

This is a fucking joke. Someone needs to slap this chick. Wasn't made aware of the risks? You're on a fucking golf course, stupid bitch.

Marklar MM
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM
I believe this will get thrown out .

MaNuMaNiAc
01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Guess the golf ball failed to knock some sense into the bitch

ShoogarBear
01-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I believe this will get thrown out .More likely, settled out.

Slomo
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
More likely, settled out.Seriously? You think so?

Because it is kinda dumb. OTOH that lady didn't know coffee was hot when she ordered a cup at McDonald's...:rolleyes

ShoogarBear
01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Seriously? You think so?

Because it is kinda dumb. OTOH that lady didn't know coffee was hot when she ordered a cup at McDonald's...:rolleyesI don't really know one way or the other, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear that it will be.

Kermit
01-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Seriously? You think so?

Because it is kinda dumb. OTOH that lady didn't know coffee was hot when she ordered a cup at McDonald's...:rolleyes

That lady deserved every penny. There's hot and then there's "scar you genatalia because the coffee's boiling hot" hot.

exstatic
01-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I think following someone to watch golf is dumb, but the article says she was "seriously injured". If she can no longer work for some reason, she may have no other recourse BUT to sue for damages.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I just can't see any jury or judge with a brain not throwing this out. There's something to be said for implied risk. On a golf course that would include being hit by a golf ball.

People at PGA events get hit semi-regularly on errant shots, haven't seen anyone sue there.

The argument that the holes are laid out poorly is pretty bunk. Every course known to mankind has holes running parallel to one another. And I've never seen a course that didn't have some kind of warning sign posted about being alert for stray shots.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I just can't see any jury or judge with a brain not throwing this out. There's something to be said for implied risk. On a golf course that would include being hit by a golf ball.

People at PGA events get hit semi-regularly on errant shots, haven't seen anyone sue there.

The argument that the holes are laid out poorly is pretty bunk. Every course known to mankind has holes running parallel to one another. And I've never seen a course that didn't have some kind of warning sign posted about being alert for stray shots.

I'd guess the assumption of risk is clearly stated on the tickets to PGA events.