PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim okay?

greens
01-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Just wondering if there is any new news on Tim...he got hurt a bit in today's game...Will he miss any games?

m33p0
01-06-2008, 09:02 PM
he expects there will be a little soreness but will be fine by the morning.

greens
01-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info! I was a bit worried...

duncan228
01-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Duncan after the game:

Duncan hurt his left knee in a collision with Corey Maggette as the Clippers' forward fouled out with 1:27 left. Duncan missed both free throws before going to the bench, but doesn't expect to miss any playing time.

"It was incidental. We just went knee to knee and I think I got the worst of it,'' Duncan said. "It went numb for a while, but it feels a lot better now. It's going to swell a little bit, obviously, but hopefully by tomorrow it'll be fine.''

http://www.nba.com/games/20080106/SASLAC/recap.html

greens
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
That's a relief!

dbreiden83080
01-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah when he sat up and starting rubbing it, i pretty much knew it was just a collision and he bruised it a bit, thank god he is alright. The injury bug has hit the Spurs HARD this year, lets hope that does not continue.

carina_gino20
01-06-2008, 10:32 PM
manu comes back and duncan gives us a scare. I sure hope they stay healthy now.

timvp
01-06-2008, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Pop held Duncan out of tomorrow's game.

1) Duncan's knee will probably be stiff/swollen.
2) Back-to-back against run and gun Warriors.
3) Next game isn't until Thursday.

duncan228
01-06-2008, 10:55 PM
That would be okay with me timvp.
I don't want any nagging little injury to turn into something more.

bigfundamental21
01-06-2008, 10:56 PM
That would be okay with me timvp.
I don't want any nagging little injury to turn into something more.
Exactly. Better to err on the side of caution, especially the way things have been going lately with the injury bug.

telecomguy
01-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Exactly. Better to err on the side of caution, especially the way things have been going lately with the injury bug.

Why doesnt Duncan wear a knee protection like Shaquille? There are lot of knees clashing each other and hard falls to the floor and it may help to avoid a serious injury if TD wore protection on both knees. Is it a macho thing or is it becuase it hinders player's mobility/movement/flexibility? Even though basketball is supposedly non contact there are lot of accidental banging going on and it seems a no=brainer to wear some protection around such a key part of your body!! CAnt imagine hockey or football players not wearing knee protection, and since TD is our franchise player, he really should be protecting those knees that have been banged up over a 9 year career where he has played deep into the post season almost every year

meta2007
01-06-2008, 11:54 PM
+1

Why doesnt Duncan wear a knee protection like Shaquille? There are lot of knees clashing each other and hard falls to the floor and it may help to avoid a serious injury if TD wore protection on both knees. Is it a macho thing or is it becuase it hinders player's mobility/movement/flexibility? Even though basketball is supposedly non contact there are lot of accidental banging going on and it seems a no=brainer to wear some protection around such a key part of your body!! CAnt imagine hockey or football players not wearing knee protection, and since TD is our franchise player, he really should be protecting those knees that have been banged up over a 9 year career where he has played deep into the post season almost every year

angel_luv
01-06-2008, 11:57 PM
I've been praying that Timmy wakes up and is amazed by how non swollen and non sore his knee is.

Feel better Tim! :)

remingtonbo2001
01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Sit him out.

Im dissapointed to hear Ginobili found a way to sneak himself onto the court.

He's suppose to be resting. :nope

Obstructed_View
01-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Nice of fucking ESPN to have a teaser before commercial showing Timmy lying on the ground holding his knee while they suggest that he's seriously injured and then they don't show highlights of the game for almost an hour. Makes me wish for CNNSI sometimes.

one4all
01-07-2008, 06:46 AM
I don't think so. I heard he might sit out the next game.

angel_luv
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Nice of fucking ESPN to have a teaser before commercial showing Timmy lying on the ground holding his knee while they suggest that he's seriously injured and then they don't show highlights of the game for almost an hour. Makes me wish for CNNSI sometimes.

That's horrible!!! Badly done by ESPN. You don't tease about injuries.

dbreiden83080
01-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if Pop held Duncan out of tomorrow's game.

1) Duncan's knee will probably be stiff/swollen.
2) Back-to-back against run and gun Warriors.
3) Next game isn't until Thursday.

Agreed, he should sit this one out, no need to risk anything.

orantom
01-07-2008, 10:41 AM
tim is mvp all time

MoSpur
01-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Its been like this for more than a month now. Someone gets hurt, comes back from the injury, and then someone else gets hurt.

703 Spurz
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM

That's why this site exists man. Fuck ESPN and their lies. This is where it's at

howbouthemspurs
01-07-2008, 01:39 PM
These old players of ours are getting injured more frequently .. we need some more young blood to help them out!

freemeat
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
I was sitting about fifteen feet away from the incident. It didn't look bad at all...

But yes, Timmy definitely should wear knee braces.

ricketts
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
These old players of ours are getting injured more frequently .. we need some more young blood to help them out!

Thats right. bring in some young new tallent and let them be mentored by three of the best players of all time. I like what they are doing with the D league, watching potentials develop and then bringing them up to see how they perform under pressure. i dont understand why they waived DJ when we need a strong offensive player.

bdubya
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Sit Duncan, sit Manu...I really want both teams full strength on Thursday. Hell, sit everybody through Manu tonight, give the scrubs some burn....

Kathyladora
01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
WOAI just reported that Tim is fine, and there was no swelling.

Spurs Brazil
01-07-2008, 07:05 PM

Great news

angel_luv
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM

Thank God! Great news! :)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Cool. He should still wear knee pads though.

loveforthegame
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Good to hear about Duncan. Give GS hell tonight.

greens
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Tony was recently also out with ankle injury...missed 5 games. He's pretty young...I just think the Spurs are having a bit of bad timing at the moment, I mean how often do The Big Three basically get injured at about the same time, in the same month, hence, not even being able to all play together in a game in more than a month...It was finally good to see them all play in the Clipper game...

Also awesome to hear that Timmy is okay! I've got NBA tv, so i'll be able to watch the game...yay. I love seeing the Big Three play together...
:clap

bigfundamental21
01-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Awesome! Now lets kick some Warrior ass!:ihit