PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Seeks Treatment For Hip Injury

duncan228
01-07-2008, 02:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/01/07/shaq.heat.ap/index.html

Shaq seeks treatment for hip injury

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal flew Monday to Los Angeles to seek medical treatment for a hip injury that has sidelined him the past five games.

O'Neal's departure two games into a five-game trip is the latest setback for an injury-plagued team that has the worst record in the Eastern Conference at 8-26 and has lost seven games in a row. O'Neal had said Sunday he had hoped to return to the lineup Tuesday at Minnesota.

He bruised his left hip Dec. 22 when he dived for a loose ball and slid into the scorer's table during the a win over Utah. He aggravated the injury in a Dec. 26 loss at Philadelphia and hasn't played since.

The hip injury and a sore left knee have contributed to the least productive season of O'Neal's 16-year career. He is averaging 14 points and 7.8 rebounds in 29 games.

Injury layoffs have been common for O'Neal in recent years. He missed 39 games last season, when he underwent left knee surgery. He sat out 21 games during the Heat's 2005-06 championship season because of a sprained ankle and sprained thumb.

The Heat lost O'Neal's backup, Alonzo Mourning, for the season when he tore two knee ligaments in a Dec. 19 loss at Atlanta. Dwyane Wade, Jason Williams and Dorell Wright have all battled injuries recently.

howbouthemspurs
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Shaq sux

ancestron
01-07-2008, 03:21 PM
The Heat are screwed

Medvedenko
01-07-2008, 04:14 PM
The beginning of the end.... :(

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Shaq needs to start looking towards his future in law enforcement now.

Armando
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Another 20 games on the bench.

ShoogarBear
01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
On the positive side, I finally get to break Mark Blount out for the ole fantasy team.

m33p0
01-07-2008, 09:15 PM
he should get a lipo while he's at it.

kobe_bryant
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
leave the big man alone.

duncan228
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/01/08/shaq.heat.ap/index.html

Shaq out at least one more week

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The reeling Miami Heat won't get Shaquille O'Neal back for at least a week while he receives treatment for a hip injury that has sidelined him for six games.

Coach Pat Riley said after Tuesday morning's shootaround that O'Neal is still in Los Angeles, but they are encouraged by the treatment there and "hope he'll be back by next week."

O'Neal bruised his left hip on Dec. 22 against Utah while diving for a loose ball and crashing into the scorer's table. The injury flared up on Dec. 26 against Philadelphia.

Miami has lost seven in a row to fall to 8-26, the worst record in the Eastern Conference, heading into Tuesday night's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

While injuries have resulted in the worst statistical season of O'Neal's 16-year career -- 14 points and 7.8 rebounds per game -- the Heat sorely miss his presence in the paint on both ends of the court.

The once-proud defensive team hasn't given up fewer than 94 points in a game since Dec. 17, and opponents have shot better than 50 percent in four of the past 10 games.

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/01/08/shaq.heat.ap/index.html

Shaq out at least one more week

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The reeling Miami Heat won't get Shaquille O'Neal back for at least a week while he receives treatment for a hip injury that has sidelined him for six games.

Coach Pat Riley said after Tuesday morning's shootaround that O'Neal is still in Los Angeles, but they are encouraged by the treatment there and "hope he'll be back by next week."

O'Neal bruised his left hip on Dec. 22 against Utah while diving for a loose ball and crashing into the scorer's table. The injury flared up on Dec. 26 against Philadelphia.

Miami has lost seven in a row to fall to 8-26, the worst record in the Eastern Conference, heading into Tuesday night's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

While injuries have resulted in the worst statistical season of O'Neal's 16-year career -- 14 points and 7.8 rebounds per game -- the Heat sorely miss his presence in the paint on both ends of the court.

The once-proud defensive team hasn't given up fewer than 94 points in a game since Dec. 17, and opponents have shot better than 50 percent in four of the past 10 games.

Although I know he wont because of the money on the table, Shaq should really consider retiring. I hate to see him like this.

duncan228
01-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Although I know he wont because of the money on the table, Shaq should really consider retiring. I hate to see him like this.

I hate to see him like this too, and I don't like him.

It's sad to see a decline like this.
He should retire, but I think you're right. He'll milk the money as long as he can.

It surprises me, his ego has always been so big, (and one of the main reasons I don't like him), that I would think he'd want to retire rather than slide down like this.

I'm wondering if this injury will impact his law enforcement plan as well.

Medvedenko
01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Shaq's the best center of his generation.

m33p0
01-09-2008, 09:13 AM
leave the big man alone.
britney alert!