PDA

View Full Version : really only one stat mattered tonight:

K-State Spur
01-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Warriors - 51% from the floor (including 45% from 3)

Right now, this team has no ability to lock down for stretches when they need to.

No need to worry about it until the Rodeo trip, but it's not fun to watch right now either.

SenorSpur
01-08-2008, 01:30 AM
It starts on the perimeter, where it seems the Spurs players (save for Bowen) have average foot speed and quickness.

K-State Spur
01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
It starts on the perimeter, where it seems the Spurs players (save for Bowen) have average foot speed and quickness.

Manu's never been a whole lot more than a competent defender. Parker can be very good when he really wants it (which obviously isn't the case right now).

But with everybody looking slow (at best) or clueless (at worst) on their rotations, the perimeter defenders just can't play up on top of perimeter shooters and force them towards the bigs. Of course, even when they're playing back, they are getting beat right now.

Hook Dem
01-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Makes one wonder why the Warriors don't have a better record!

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Nellie scares Pop into double-teaming.

Soul_Patch
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Spurs are going to be in deep trouble if they dont fix whatever it is that is broken soon. They just look bored for 90% of most games.

boutons_
01-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm sure the Spurs, esp Tim, are bored. They've been very good for a long time.
The November excitement of starting a new season has worn off. Now playing is nothing but a job of an excruciating grind with unnecessary, abominable B2Bs that rob the players and the fans of good basketball.

I'm also sure the Celtics are NOT bored because their Big 3, coach, etc, and the Celtics fans have all sucked and failed for years. I bet they will not be bored, and will ride that momentum, into the playoffs.

duncan228
01-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm sure the Spurs, esp Tim, are bored. They've been very good for a long time.
The November excitement of starting a new season has worn off.

I don't think Duncan is bored.
In an interview on media day, (or possibly training camp), he was asked about how he felt coming into a new season. If he had trouble "getting up" for it after so many years. His answer was, "No. I get up for pick-up games."

I don't think he would have extended his contract if he was getting tired of playing. He left money on the table, he didn't sign to cement his income. I'm sure he could retire now and not have to worry about money. He signed because he still loves playing.

I agree that the regular season is a grind, but he knows that. Duncan is playing to win. To hopefully repeat, but he did say at the beginning of this season, when asked about the even year curse, that if the Titles came every other year he was fine with that.

(I can dig up the links to what he said if needed.)