PDA

View Full Version : Burned by the Suns, Denver feeling raw

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Didn't see the game, what did they do, run up the score? The suns will have a bullseye on their backs against a lot of teams. Not good!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/08/suns-137-nuggets-115/

Burned by the Suns, Denver feeling raw
Late three-point barrage results in itch for rematch

Quote:
"Yeah," Iverson said when he was asked if he was upset to see the Suns attempt six three-pointers in the final five minutes of a lopsided game, including two made in the final 40 seconds. "That's all right. We play them again. . . . If we get the opportunity, we won't try to show them up or anything like that. We're just looking forward to playing them again."

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-08-2008, 04:00 PM
They caught the Nuggets in their 4th game in 5 nights and unsuprisingly blew them out. They acted like they actually won something significant and ran up the score.

It was just one those games that Denver could never win no matter how well they played. Banks hits 7/8 from 3, even Marion hits a decent amount of 3's, Skinner hits one at the buzzer and barbosa at another. Suns played at a level that was above them coupled with Denver being dead tired.

Nuggets will get them next time when the scheduling isnt a joke.

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
They caught the Nuggets in their 4th game in 5 nights and unsuprisingly blew them out. They acted like they actually won something significant and ran up the score.

It was just one those games that Denver could never win no matter how well they played. Banks hits 7/8 from 3, even Marion hits a decent amount of 3's, Skinner hits one at the buzzer and barbosa at another. Suns played at a level that was above them coupled with Denver being dead tired.

Nuggets will get them next time when the scheduling isnt a joke.

Well I hope the Nuggets do hand their asses to them. Their coach acts like they should be able to do that to teams all the time. What an idiot! He has a history of running up the score so I believe it!

JamStone
01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
I think it's an issue in college athletics. But, sorry there is no sympathy in professional sports. You don't want to be shown up or have the score run up on you, don't suck.

lurker
01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I think it's an issue in college athletics. But, sorry there is no sympathy in professional sports. You don't want to be shown up or have the score run up on you, don't suck.
Amen.

DazedAndConfused
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
If that is what it takes for the Suns to beat a quality WC team then they will never win a championship. You can't out-offense your opponent every night

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 04:32 PM
If that is what it takes for the Suns to beat a quality WC team then they will never win a championship. You can't out-offense your opponent every night
do you really think you're fooling anybody with this new name, Jeff?

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
anyways, the Suns weren't running up the score. They're just aware that their own defense is so shitty that no lead is safe. Especially against the Nuggets.

ancestron
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Popovich kicks players asses for unnecessarily running up the score.

da_suns_fan
01-08-2008, 04:51 PM
This is so stupid. If you watched the game, the Suns' scrubs were running their offense as normal. If the Nuggets' scrubs are rotating and leave and open man in the corner, are the Suns not suppose to take the shot?

SpursDynasty
01-08-2008, 04:54 PM
WTF? First I'm the drummer for Josh Daniels Band, and now I'm DazedAndConfused?

I'm neither.

SpursDynasty
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
And Phoenix and Dallas are known for running up the score

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
WTF? First I'm the drummer for Josh Daniels Band, and now I'm DazedAndConfused?

I'm neither.
then why were you wearing a t-shirt that said "dazed and confused" at your Buffalo Wild Wings gig last night?

monosylab1k
do you really wake up and piss excellence like your myspace page says you do?

ludda
people get too sensitive about running about the score, if you got blown out deal with it (and most of the time, it's not even an issue). Unclassy if its rather obvious, but go cry about something else.

Armando
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Is laughable to me that Carmela and the Nuggets are moaning about the the Suns running the score. 1st off the Nuggets have done the same thing to other teams. In fact Anthony was suspended last season after the that sucker punch in the Knicks game after when Thomas accused Denver of running the score. Secondly if it bothers them that much where was thier defense? They need to grow up.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Call me next time Banks hits 7/8 and Marion hits 5/9 from 3............ it was just one of those fluke games that the Suns have every now and then where everything drops. They caught a tired Nuggets team that didn't have legs for D. Up until last night they were 2nd in the league in defensive efficiency. Not too disappointed with the loss.

Next time it will be a different story, i guarantee it :smokin

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
the only thing to wonder about the Nuggets is if they plan on winning 1 game or 2 games before being knocked out in the first round.

ludda
01-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Call me next time Banks hits 7/8

That won't happen again ever, haha can't believe he was actually that hot.

NuGGeTs-FaN
01-08-2008, 06:15 PM
the only thing to wonder about the Nuggets is if they plan on winning 1 game or 2 games before being knocked out in the first round.

depends. If they meet the Mavs then its a sure thing the Nuggets will progress :smokin

After all, the Mavs are now known for their choke last year and they will be in the back of their mind come this years playoffs :lol

Personally id love for the Nuggets to meet the Mavs in the 1st round. Much prefer them than the Spurs/Suns or Lakers

monosylab1k
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
depends. If they meet the Mavs then its a sure thing the Nuggets will progress :smokin

After all, the Mavs are now known for their choke last year and they will be in the back of their mind come this years playoffs :lol

Personally id love for the Nuggets to meet the Mavs in the 1st round. Much prefer them than the Spurs/Suns or Lakers
hey remember that time the Nuggets were in the Finals? yeah me too.

Medvedenko
01-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Remember back in 1990 when Phoenix was up 107-65 at the half over the nuggets....they ended up with 173 I believe....that's crazy...yeah a lot of D back in the day...... ;)

sribb43
01-08-2008, 07:42 PM
LOL at the Nuggets complaining about running up the score when they did the same thing to the Knicks last year that resulted in the brawl

Stargazer
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
This is so stupid. If you watched the game, the Suns' scrubs were running their offense as normal. If the Nuggets' scrubs are rotating and leave and open man in the corner, are the Suns not suppose to take the shot?

I agree -- this is a joke. I saw the game and the Suns weren't running up the score. It only looked that way because Banks went 7/8 from 3, including several from way behind the line in garbage time. How is hoisting up bad shots that happen to go in running up the score?

Armando
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
I agree -- this is a joke. I saw the game and the Suns weren't running up the score. It only looked that way because Banks went 7/8 from 3, including several from way behind the line in garbage time. How is hoisting up bad shots that happen to go in running up the score?

Plus Banks figure you know I might not get off the bench the rest of the season.

remingtonbo2001
01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
137-115...that's running up the score? Really?

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
12/16/2006 Denver @ New York 123-100

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Wasn't George Karl the one trying to justify leaving his starters in, in that Knicks game, because he said that he knew that no lead is safe and that he wasn't trying to run up the score???

And now he's the one complaining? And the Suns didn't even have their starters in near the end.

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Wasn't George Karl the one trying to justify leaving his starters in, in that Knicks game, because he said that he knew that no lead is safe and that he wasn't trying to run up the score???

And now he's the one complaining? And the Suns didn't even have their starters in.

You are correct. He said after the game he was trying to protect the lead even though the Knicks had pretty much conceded the game.

m33p0
01-09-2008, 12:31 AM

And now he's the one complaining? And the Suns didn't even have their starters in near the end.
Hmm.... The word "asshole" come to mind.

Matchman
01-09-2008, 01:01 AM
this is crazy...Jacking up 3-pointers = running up the score? what should the Suns do? stop shooting and get a 24-sec violation everytime down the court?

vicphoenix
01-09-2008, 05:16 AM
this is crazy...Jacking up 3-pointers = running up the score? what should the Suns do? stop shooting and get a 24-sec violation everytime down the court?

Someone needs to tell George Karl to shut up. He whines and complains more than any other NBA coach. Its time Karl concentrated on getting his underachieving team to play up to its potential.

703 Spurz
01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
That's the thing about running up the score in the NBA. You might have a game the next day to take your mind off of it (Unlike the NFL of course).

Either way, your job on defense is to stop the other team. You don't do it, you don't deserve shit

BonnerDynasty
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Karl is a crybaby loser.

Xylus
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I've never understood the complaints about running up the score. If it's a 50-point lead, I guess you might have a legitimate complaint, but as I understand it the Suns were only up by 20 for most of the game. If you don't want your opponent to run up the score, then play some defense.

Also, it was garbage time, when the bench players play hard in order to prove themselves. I wouldn't expect Banks and crew to take it easy out there just because the team is up by 20.