PDA

View Full Version : The A Word...

Nbadan
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
...you had to know this was coming..

Assassination fears follow Barack Obama
By Toby Harnden in Nashua, New Hampshire
Last Updated: 1:53am GMT 08/01/2008

Security surrounding Barack Obama has been stepped up amid fears he could be an assassination target.

Massive crowds across New Hampshire following the Illinois senator's stunning victory in the Iowa caucuses last week have caused major headaches for his Secret Service bodyguards and led to extra agents being drafted into his detail.

Mr Obama was given Secret Service protection last May, far earlier than previous presidential candidates. Tensions have flared at events when crowds of people have swarmed around Mr Obama or tried to get into venues that were already crammed full. At a school in Salem on Sunday, a policeman ordered an Obama supporter to get back and shouted: "Do you want me to arrest you in front of your kid?"

Mr Obama was given Secret Service protection last May, far earlier than previous presidential candidates, after indications of threats against him.

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/01/08/wuspols508.xml)

Soul_Patch
01-08-2008, 04:11 PM
White folks cant have no negro muslim runnin things...that just aint right.

boutons_
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
A Great American Tradition that allows us to look down our noses on foreign fanatics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3QMscDVjTE&feature=related

Nbadan
01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
The Telegraph is a mostly conservative paper in England, so this is a really curious story....

boutons_
01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Does this asshole understand that his tough talk can, will?, inspire violent actions?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-chamber8jan08,1,5346679.story?coll=la-headlines-nation

xrayzebra
01-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, you don't want to piss off the Chamber of Commerce.

Nbadan
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
the wacko's are coming out...

http://satansrapture.blogspot.com/2008/01/2008-and-bible-code.html

Nbadan
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
PROOF BARACK OBAMA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST (http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUAMH99M1STQE3C5Q)

The OAI Joe Pags banner at the top is hilarious...

SouthernFried
01-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Why focus on Obama. All candidates have this fear. As do all presidents.

The last 2 actual asassination attempts I remember were Reagan's, and Bush Sr's (in Kuwait, by Saddam.)

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Why focus on Obama. All candidates have this fear. As do all presidents.They said he received threats very early. Apparently the Secret Service has chosen to focus on Obama as well -- you can probably email them if you want an explanation.

Extra Stout
01-08-2008, 06:25 PM
If we're going to do conspiracy theories, then clearly Hillary Clinton has the most to gain from an Obama assassination, since she simultaneously can eliminate her sudden nemesis and attempt to use the resultant popular grief and anger to get herself elected President.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
If we're going to do conspiracy theories, then clearly Hillary Clinton has the most to gain from an Obama assassination, since she simultaneously can eliminate her sudden nemesis and attempt to use the resultant popular grief and anger to get herself elected President.

That, and people in the way of the Clintons before have turned up dead. Wouldn't put it past her.

ChumpDumper
01-08-2008, 07:23 PM
They're murderers!

JoeChalupa
01-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I've thought about the possibility of someone or some group wanting to stop the election of an African-American at all cost.

Yonivore
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I've thought about the possibility of someone or some group wanting to stop the election of an African-American at all cost.
Please! There are people and groups wanting to stop the election of every candidate in the race...

This is sad.

Ocotillo
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I was giving a thought to what this Obama phenomena related to regarding past presidents. The two most recent highly charismatic candidates who went on to become President were Kennedy and Reagan.

There have been a lot of analogies comparing JFK and Obama. Recall JFK's election was bitter, even in the primaries against LBJ. Kennedy eked out a very tight race with many die hard GOPers say was stolen it was so close.

What Kennedy did bring to the country was a vigor and optimism that had much to do with his charisma.

Twenty years later Reagan who had an easier time in his election brought along many Democrats when winning in 1980. Philosophically, while I disagree with Reagan, I concede he brought an optimism with him when he took office and much of the myth (as with JFK) was based on his charisma.

What is also tragically similar is both men were the vicitims of assassins. Fortunately, Reagan survived and of course JFK did not. Reagan did go on suffer from Alzheimers in the last years of his life.

Kennedy and Reagan took on larger than life images after they left the stage so to speak whether through death or disease. I attribute that to their charisma.

Now Obama is showing signs of the same sort of appeal to Americans the other two did back in their time.

I hope and pray that some crazy does not do or attempt to do the unthinkable.

Footnote: I am not saying JFK and Reagan were targets of assassins due to their personalities but that it was ironic that the two most charismatic presidents in the second half of the last century were targeted by assassins.

JoeChalupa
01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Please! There are people and groups wanting to stop the election of every candidate in the race...

This is sad.

Sad indeed.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I bet tons of people are plotting against a Duncan Hunter presidency right now and will stop at no costs to eliminate that possibility.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Luckily, those people plotting to harm Mike Gravel won't have to go through with their plans.

Yonivore
01-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I bet tons of people are plotting against a Duncan Hunter presidency right now and will stop at no costs to eliminate that possibility.
Apparently, they've been successful.

Wild Cobra
01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
It's not normal white or prejudiced folk. It's the Clinton's political machine...

How many people are dead around the Clinton's? I was wondering myself if Obama might also have a mysterious accident.

Soul_Patch
01-09-2008, 09:52 AM
It's not normal white or prejudiced folk. It's the Clinton's political machine...

How many people are dead around the Clinton's? I was wondering myself if Obama might also have a mysterious accident.

Richard Condon is that you?

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2008, 09:56 AM

If only the Clinton political machine would target talk radio hosts.. oh well we can all only dream..

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 09:57 AM

If they are as racist as you...I would tend to agree.

Soul_Patch
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
If they are as racist as you...I would tend to agree.

Yep...im a bonafied hard ass racist... :dizzy

My step father is black, i practically married a mexican, just about every other one of my friends is black, asian, mexican or other....im just about as racist as they come.

BonnerDynasty
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
If only the Clinton political machine would target talk radio hosts.. oh well we can all only dream..

They are LMFAO.

Fariness Doctrine FTL.

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM
My step father is black, i practically married a mexican, just about every other one of my friends is black, asian, mexican or other....

Oh, my bad. Keep forgetting about the "I have a freind..." law exemption from racism.

Carry on...

Soul_Patch
01-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh, my bad. Keep forgetting about the "I have a freind..." law exemption from racism.

Oh my bad, Keep forgetting how most racists surround themselves with minorities in all facets of their lives...

i guess im trying to be a closet racist! Seriously, is this really worth arguing? or are you just bored?

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
They are LMFAO.

Fariness Doctrine FTL.

No I am referring to the portion of the machine that kills people without ever leaving a trace.. haven't you heard? the clintons are signlehandidly repsonsible for hundreds of deaths...

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't have said a thing about race, if you hadn't made a silly racist comment.

Soul_Patch
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Satire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire) - the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

If you will excuse me, i need to go attend my local hate groups morning con call...we got some rallys and just general hate mongering to organize!

ill check back later :drunk

George Gervin's Afro
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Satire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire) - the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

If you will excuse me, i need to go attend my local hate groups morning con call...we got some rallys and just general hate mongering to organize!

ill check back later :drunk

say hello to yoni for us ok?

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Ahh...my bad.

Racism is appropriate if used satirically. Al Jolsen was just being satirical.

Guess that law goes right after the "I have a freind" exemption from racism.

Soul_Patch
01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
:depressed ....do i need to bust out the flash cards and big pictures...

Satire - the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

:nerd

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh, I understand completely.

Your racist comment was just being satirical. Satire is a great way to use racism. Very popular in the early part of the 20th century in portraying blacks.

Even guys like Bing Crosby donned blackface. Made them funnier, and could act dumber...so the conventional wisdom of the time deemed.

Yuk Yuk

Yonivore
01-09-2008, 10:40 AM
say hello to yoni for us ok?
You must have missed me something awful...eh?

ChumpDumper
01-09-2008, 01:10 PM

How many people are dead around the Clinton's? I was wondering myself if Obama might also have a mysterious accident.They're mass murderers!

Holt's Cat
01-09-2008, 01:43 PM
How long will it be before the 42nd POTUS refers to Senator Obama as "boy"?

Yonivore
01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
I'd be willing to bet Joe Biden or Robert Byrd do it first.

SouthernFried
01-09-2008, 04:38 PM

Not sure about the 42nd POTUS...

But it sure Didn't take HOLT's CAT long at all.

Holt's Cat
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not Yonivore.

Yonivore
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm not Yonivore.
No shit!

Wild Cobra
01-09-2008, 11:13 PM
You mean he hasn't yet?

Spawn
01-10-2008, 07:39 PM

Bill Clinton already has reffered to Obama as "kid." But that is just a term of endearment since it is coming from a Democrat right?

timvp
01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Obama wouldn't need to worry about being assassinated ... if he had Santiago as his vice president.

QullehqLQ78