PDA

View Full Version : Parker should be WC player of week

Rummpd
12-31-2004, 11:48 PM
A stud the entire week. Topped it off tonight with 21 and 11.

MadDoc

2pac
01-01-2005, 01:16 AM
Not enough assists.

11 assists vs Clips
4 assists vs portland
2 assists vs phoenix
6 assists vs boston

atlfan25
01-01-2005, 03:00 AM
hmmm, he put up nice numbers
23.75 pts
5.75 assists
4.75 reb
.635 fg
6/11 on 3's

who would be other candidates, he certainly seems worthy

SpursFanInAustin
01-01-2005, 03:03 AM
Kobe Bryant

atlfan25
01-01-2005, 03:07 AM
kobe only played one game all week, which he did very well in with 48. but i would assume you'd have to play more than that

SequSpur
01-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Yep.

Rummpd
01-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Parker dominated the supposed MVP of the league and this week's play is on top of a similar week last week.

Right now he is no worse than #2 PG in West and I am having a hard time picking anyone I would rather have for this team.

MadDoc

1Parker1
01-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Tony has been playing inspired basketball lately. He definitely deserves to be Player of the Week. Not only is he doing it with scoring--he's also doing it with outstanding defense. As for the assists, he only had 4 against Portland, yet the team as a whole still had 34 assists, so he must be doing something right when he brings the ball up court. I think we have an answer to the "Second option" thread from a few weeks ago :)

Great going Tony, keep it up!

Kori Ellis
01-01-2005, 10:29 AM
They always give it to a player on a team that is winning. And the only other team besides the Spurs on any kind of streak in the West is Golden State. So they might give it to Jason Richardson -- he's averaging 26 points and 7 boards in his last five games.

But Tony definitely deserves it.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-01-2005, 10:30 AM
manu hasnt been healthy and your biased, parker, so no we dont but he really has been tearing it up latley.

Now i wonder if in a few weeks he still will be.

Kori Ellis
01-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Manu just got hurt two games ago. Tony has had seven or eight great games in a row.

boutons
01-01-2005, 11:12 AM
imo, Tony's is becoming a reliable, professional cold-blooded executioner. His relentless probing of the defense, esp in transition, keeps enormous pressure on the defense to stay alert, or give up 2 points. If the defense doesn't get the message, Tony will rip it up for a quick 15 points in a quarter.

His recent high FG% is reflects his layups, and hides the fact that he could use a few more % points in jump shooting reliability. When the defense denies the layups, Tony is a lot less effective scorer.

2pac
01-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Parker dominated the supposed MVP of the league and this week's play is on top of a similar week last week.

Right now he is no worse than #2 PG in West and I am having a hard time picking anyone I would rather have for this team.

MadDoc

Mike Bibby says hold the F on there.

boutons
01-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Tony was struggling when SAC@SA in the first game of season. Spurs had a blowout, but hot Bibby shot a great game compared with cold Tony.

http://www.nba.com/games/20041103/SACSAS/boxscore.html

I'm sure Tony will be playing to reverse that comparison, and the reversal will be sweeter @SAC. Tony should have a good game in the paint against SAC's wimpy defense that allows as many PPG as PHX.

2pac
01-01-2005, 01:29 PM
My point is that it is ignorant to say TP is clearly the #2 PG in the West.

Bibby has less TOs game, has more APG, more PPG, more SPG, more RPG, better 3FG%, and better FT%.

Take off the Black and Silver glasses.

1Parker1
01-01-2005, 01:41 PM
RobinsontoDuncan, I do not have a biased view on Tony. Sure, I'm a big fan of his, but that doesn't mean I don't see his faults and acknowledge them. I never came out and said he's the #1 or #2 PG in the league or even that he should be an ALL STAR. The stats speak for themselves and Tony has been awesome of late. I give credit where credit is due--you should try that also.

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 02:40 PM
She was referring to what the thread was about, TP being player of the week....right now he is a good a candidate as anyone. To say that does not mean one is biased. His stats of late validate this.

thispego
01-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Do Yall Think Parker Will Be Good In 5 Years?
Or Bad?

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 02:49 PM
I think he will be pretty good. He has still plenty of room to grow in his game.

thispego
01-01-2005, 02:51 PM
he's got to get more mins with beno
thats a better combo than nash/van exel or bibby/b jackson

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I think its a little early for that but I would like to see more of Beno.

T Park
01-01-2005, 07:42 PM
Mike Bibby???

pffff hahahahahhha

good for him averaging more points, how much older is Bibby than Parker???

about 6 years??

Parker is a much better defender, and a much better penetrator than Bibby.

So take off the Purple and white glasses 2pac.

The assists arguement is such BS, because the offensive ball movement doesnt garuntee just ONE person a certain amount of assists.

But, that doesnt matter right.

2pac
01-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Mike Bibby???

pffff hahahahahhha

good for him averaging more points, how much older is Bibby than Parker???

about 6 years??

Parker is a much better defender, and a much better penetrator than Bibby.

So take off the Purple and white glasses 2pac.

The assists arguement is such BS, because the offensive ball movement doesnt garuntee just ONE person a certain amount of assists.

But, that doesnt matter right.

Bibby is 26.

Bibby is a decent defender in his own right.

Its ignorant to make a blanket statement like "TP is the second best PG in the conference," when there are two PGs with better stats across the board. I am in no way, shape or form a Kings fan. However, I am not an idiot.

T Park
01-01-2005, 09:35 PM
better stats

stats dont mean shit.

If stats meant anything then Tracy Mcgrady's huge numbers mean that he should be MVP.

Bibby's defense is mediocre at best.

ducks
01-01-2005, 09:39 PM
tp should be listen as a candiate anyhow
if he does not get it

ducks
01-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Not enough assists.

11 assists vs Clips
4 assists vs portland
2 assists vs phoenix
6 assists vs boston

23 assist in 4 games is almost 6

in the spurs o that is good for the point guard
also if you factor what the opposing point guard shot and did against him
you would say his stats were pretty good

Supergirl
01-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Parker should definitely be WC player of the week. I find it rather pathetic that the team with the 2nd best record in the NBA has not had ANY players named so far this year.

Also, on NBA.COM, there's a poll for the "best duo" in the NBA right now, and Parker-Duncan is not even listed as an option.

Nothing new, of course, but frustrating nevertheless.

Rummpd
01-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Parker at his current level leaves Bibby in his dust period.

Remember Parker not playing full games due to savy backup Beno while Jackson out in Sac.

The truth during their times on floor last several weeks Parker has been as effective as any point in WC in breaking down defenses to set up offense.

MadDoc