PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kaman getting screwed by All-Star voters

peskypesky
01-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Chris Kaman is 8th in voting for Western Conference center!!!???

Are you kidding me? Look at his numbers, fer chrissakes: 18pts, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, +25.5 EFF. And he's in 8th place??!?!

He's the leading rebounder in the West (tied with Camby).
He's 3rd in scoring for Western centers (tied with Aldridge).
He's 2nd in blocks for Western centers.
And he leads ALL Western centers in efficiency.

But he's 8th in voting?

What the f--- is wrong with people?

:madrun

Armando
01-08-2008, 11:51 PM
He plays in the West. Honestly would you vote for him over Stoudemire, Yao or Aldridge?

m33p0
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Problem: He's not sexy.
Solution: Get a tan so he can become the brown Tim Duncan.

lefty
01-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Problem: He's not sexy.
Solution: Get a tan so he can become the brown Tim Duncan.
:lol

If he gets a tan, he'll be more like Oberto

LakeShow
01-08-2008, 11:56 PM
so is Andrew

Armando
01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
so is Andrew

Too young he will get there but not for the next few years. Don't forget Oden also when he comes back next season he will likely be on the ballot.

Spawn
01-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Lesser more popular players are getting the nod over much more deserving players.

So what else is new?

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Lesser more popular players are getting the nod over much more deserving players.

So what else is new?

Is the All Star game! I see nothing wrong with people voting for players they want to see. Besides the voters usually pick the right players for the starters. The coaches will chose the players think are deserving.

I have no problem with the leading vote getters with maybe the exception of McGrady. I think Nash and Paul are getting snubbed for a player who is not even playing now. Is the Yao effect. In the East I think Billups is more deserving then Kidd.

remingtonbo2001
01-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Kaman isn't All-Star starting material. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he is voted on by coaches. I'd say about 40% chance. Again, the post position in the West is premium..There is Tim, Boozer, Yao, Amare, Aldridge....If Kaman were out in the East he'd be a lock to make the All-Star team.

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Kaman isn't All-Star starting material. However, it wouldn't surprise me if he is voted on by coaches. I'd say about 40% chance. Again, the post position in the West is premium..There is Tim, Boozer, Yao, Amare, Aldridge....If Kaman were out in the East he'd be a lock to make the All-Star team.

Even in the East he won't make it as a starter. He is not getting pick over Howard. As a reserve yes.

peskypesky
01-09-2008, 12:14 AM
He plays in the West. Honestly would you vote for him over Stoudemire, Yao or Aldridge?

I do vote for him. Every day.

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
I do vote for him. Every day.

Well I don't think he is starting material for the game but is your right to vote for who ever you want.

m33p0
01-09-2008, 12:29 AM

So what else is new?

I read an article about the quirkiness of the All-Star balloting, particularly those by the coaches. It explained how a less deserving player gets voted in instead of someone who does deserves the spot. The error is in the system.

I'll try to post the link if I could ever find the article again.

Armando
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
I read an article about the quirkiness of the All-Star balloting, particularly those by the coaches. It explained how a less deserving player gets voted in instead of someone who does deserves the spot. The error is in the system.

I'll try to post the link if I could ever find the article again.

Well I still can't figure out why Pachulia is on the ballot.

m33p0
01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Well I still can't figure out why Pachulia is on the ballot.
Antoine Walker is on the ballot as a guard. Go figure.

tlongII
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
The Clippers suck.

baseline bum
01-09-2008, 01:06 AM
It's easy to get lots of rebounds when your teammates can't hit a shot.

703 Spurz
01-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Chris Kaman is 8th in voting for Western Conference center!!!???

Are you kidding me? Look at his numbers, fer chrissakes: 18pts, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks, +25.5 EFF. And he's in 8th place??!?!

He's the leading rebounder in the West (tied with Camby).
He's 3rd in scoring for Western centers (tied with Aldridge).
He's 2nd in blocks for Western centers.
And he leads ALL Western centers in efficiency.

But he's 8th in voting?

What the f--- is wrong with people?

You do realize this shit happens every year right?

:madrun

sribb43
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
If Elton Brand couldnt get on the team a few years ago when the Clips sucked, i dont know how Kaman will get on the team this year...However the 2 centers taken IMO this year should be Kaman and Yao...Amare shouldnt be on the team

SpursDynasty
01-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Dwight Howard, LeBron James, and Josh Howard should not be on the All Star team

Fillmoe
01-09-2008, 02:33 PM
chris caveman is beasting this year..... heavily slept on..... hes averaging better stats than KG! aka god to some of you folks.