PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Got Rid Of Johnson And Langford...

SKINNYPIMP210
01-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Spurs Waive Johnson And Langford

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have waived guard/forward DerMarr Johnson and guard Keith Langford.

Johnson appeared in three games and averaged 4.0 points in 4.0 minutes. Langford averaged 1.0 point and 1.0 rebound in games games.

It's on nba.com/spurs or whatever.

I really don't know why they got ride of Johnson? That dude seemed pretty good. Oh well.

travis2
01-09-2008, 08:08 AM
What kind of ride would that be?

SKINNYPIMP210
01-09-2008, 08:19 AM
What kind of ride would that be?

LOL! Good one, thank for that. Sorry I just woke up!
:lol

spurscenter
01-09-2008, 08:20 AM
http://www.gameguru.in/images/pmr-one.jpg

fyatuk
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Sounds about right. Must mean their about to hit luxory tax threshhold.

ancestron
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
it was Johnson's hair

703 Spurz
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM
I don't understand why they bring guys on board for a few games then shit-can them.

Oh well

Dario
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
All in all that had to give some bad rep for spurs, with all that toying around with players. So they go back to toros like nothing happened or they need to find new teams?

tomcat
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I suspect they will start using 10 day contracts soon. Do not be surprised to see Williams, Langford, Johnson and some other guys the Spurs have eyes on to make it back on board.

spurscenter
01-09-2008, 10:10 AM
demarr is good. surprised

CubanMustGo
01-09-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't understand why they bring guys on board for a few games then shit-can them.

Oh well

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/all_about_benjamins_small.jpg

duncan228
01-09-2008, 12:26 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84569

TDMVPDPOY
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
johnson wouldve helped alot in that GSW game...damn you pop and smallballs teams

SenorSpur
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
johnson wouldve helped alot in that GSW game...damn you pop and smallballs teams

Agreed. The kid still has to improve him lateral movement (if he can), but the team could always utilize his length and seemingly hot-shooting hand.

I would've loved to have seen more of Johnson pitted against one of the many long, athletic 2-3 men that every team in the league (besides the Spurs) seem to have. Seeing as how Pop is hell-bent on playing small-ball, I still am of the belief that Johnson could provide some end-of-the bench contribution.

CaptainLate
01-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Pop needs to convince the cheap owners to keep DJ. Giving him some PT vs. GSW would have provided another opportunity. They still would have beat the d/l of Jan. 10 if they wanted to waive him.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2008, 01:14 PM
DerMarr is not worth $3-4 million for half a season. If they want him back, he'll have to wait.

SenorSpur
01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
DerMarr is not worth $3-4 million for half a season. If they want him back, he'll have to wait.

Agree. I wonder if they feel he's worth another look.

CaptainLate
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM

That's where stinkin' unions screw their members.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2008, 01:22 PM
That's where stinkin' unions screw their members.The luxury tax was not the union's idea.

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Alba Berlin, Germanys Number one at the moment, wants to sign Langford for the rest of the season. They offered him 40.000$ per month and the 20.000$ Buyout.

Streakyshooter08
01-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Alba Berlin, Germanys Number one at the moment, wants to sign Langford for the rest of the season. They offered him 40.000$ per month and the 20.000$ Buyout.

Interesting. :) Willkommen. :toast

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Interesting. :) Willkommen. :toast

Hey, es gibt hier ja doch noch deutsche Spursfans
:downspin: Fein, ich dachte schon ich müsste die Fahne hier allein hochhalten :-)

ChumpDumper
01-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I guess that's an ok offer for Langford. He might do better to stay a week and have everybody take a good look at him at the showcase.

Mr. Body
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Es gibt deutschsprachige Leute in Texas, aber nicht vieles. Sie kennen vielleicht ein Mindesten Woerter - wie Wilkommen - aber das ist alles. ...Oder Streakyshooter08 spricht aber gut deutsch, ich weiss nicht... :toast

Edit: ich habe ueberhaupt die deutsche Fahne nicht mitgekriegt - tut mir leid!

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I guess that's an ok offer for Langford. He might do better to stay a week and have everybody take a good look at him at the showcase.

The problem is after his stay in Italy he doesn't want to come back to Europe. Let's see what will happen.

ChumpDumper
01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
The problem is after his stay in Italy he doesn't want to come back to Europe. Let's see what will happen.What happened to him there? I guess his playing through the showcase is a no-brainer then. Good news for the Toros.

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Es gibt deutschsprachige Leute in Texas, aber nicht vieles. Sie kennen vielleicht ein Mindesten Woerter - wie Wilkommen - aber das ist alles. ...Oder Streakyshooter08 spricht aber gut deutsch, ich weiss nicht... :toast

Edit: ich habe ueberhaupt die deutsche Fahne nicht mitgekriegt - tut mir leid!

I know that German is the biggest ancestry group in Texas. But most of them can't speak german. But that's no problem. My english is not the best, but it's good enough to talk about basketball :-)
But nice to see that here are some german speakers. You have to know that the Spurs are not very popular in Germany. So I'm always happy to meet someone, who speaks german and loves this franchise!

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 03:02 PM
What happened to him there? I guess his playing through the showcase is a no-brainer then. Good news for the Toros.

Oh, nothing happend there. He played very well in Italy's second Division. 19,7 PPG, 4,9 RPG. I can only say the thnigs, I've read in a German Basketball Community. And he would prefer playing in the States.

Mr. Body
01-09-2008, 03:04 PM
I know that German is the biggest ancestry group in Texas.

Of white people! Lots of Czechs, too.

Your English is as impeccable as most Germans' English.

tomcat
01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Apparently Langford made good money overseas last season - drives a $60K Hummer H2.

Should be in good shape financially to play another month or so in the dleague. A 10 day call up from a team is realistic for Langford and $45K is not a shabby pick up. He is making the A salary in the dleague and just picked up another $24K from the Spurs.

As far as Johnson is concerned, he made good last season with Denver at $960K and money is not an issue with him but his work ethic (reason for his overseas release) and defense or lack thereof is going to hinder him. 18ppg in the dleague for a 7 year NBA vet is not good.

Spurs will take another good look at these guys but I don't look for a keeper on the roster until around March. Besides, they have not given Jeremy Richardson a serious look yet which I think they will.

Bruno
01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Wilkommen Michi_Germany. Du hast das beste Spursforum der Welt gefunden.

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Of white people! Lots of Czechs, too.

Your English is as impeccable as most Germans' English.

I've taken the fact with the ancestry group from

here (http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ADPTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=04000US48&-qr_name=ACS_2006_EST_G00_DP2&-ds_name=&-_lang=en&-redoLog=false)

Thank you very much. Sometimes a word, i want to say, is missing. But it's always enough for a conversation :-)

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Wilkommen Michi_Germany. Du hast das beste Spursforum der Welt gefunden.

Wow, noch jemand der Deutsch spricht. Bist du aus Deutschland, oder aus den USA?
Danke, ich denke ich werde viel Spaß hier im Forum haben. In Deutschland gibt es nur Dallas-Foren :-)

Bruno
01-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow, noch jemand der Deutsch spricht. Bist du aus Deutschland, oder aus den USA?
Danke, ich denke ich werde viel Spaß hier im Forum haben. In Deutschland gibt es nur Dallas-Foren :-)

Ich bin Franzose. Deutsch war die erste Sprache, das ich in der Schule gelernt habe. Leider, ich habe fast alles verloren.

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Ich bin Franzose. Deutsch war die erste Sprache, das ich in der Schule gelernt habe. Leider, ich habe fast alles verloren.

Fast alles verloren? Wohl eher fast alles behalten. Ich versteh dich sehr gut. Ich kann leider kein Wort französisch.

Bruno
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Danke schön. :)

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Danke schön. :)

Dank nicht mir, danke deinem Deutschlehrer :-)

howbouthemspurs
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Yay!

Dario
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Ich denke das es besser ist wenn sie english sprachen wurde, so das alle sie verstanden konte.

Michi_Germany
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Ich denke das es besser ist wenn sie english sprachen wurde, so das alle sie verstanden konte.

No problem. Was just a smalltalk in german

Ocotillo
01-09-2008, 04:43 PM
I guess Germany has mostly Maverick fans due to Dirk.

rAm
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Alles, was Sie Deutsch sprechen Arschlöcher, warum Sie nicht Crawling wieder unter den Anus birthed Sie Ihrer Mutter aus.

Ich werde meine schieben riesigen weinerschnitzel in Ihrer Mutter rektale Hohlraum von Sonnenuntergang

temujin
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh, nothing happend there. He played very well in Italy's second Division. 19,7 PPG, 4,9 RPG. I can only say the thnigs, I've read in a German Basketball Community. And he would prefer playing in the States.

Sure enough nobody in the top league would offer him a contract here.

Mr. Body
01-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Alles, was Sie Deutsch sprechen Arschlöcher, warum Sie nicht Crawling wieder unter den Anus birthed Sie Ihrer Mutter aus.

Ich werde meine schieben riesigen weinerschnitzel in Ihrer Mutter rektale Hohlraum von Sonnenuntergang

You misspelled Wienerschnitzel.

VaSpursFan
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
wow...so may here speak German. pretty cool.

Ich liebe Deutschland.

freemeat
01-10-2008, 12:12 AM
JMk5Vo_YRMU

timvp
01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Ich kante vorcher Deutsches aber mich hatte vergeszen jetzt die sprache.

Michi_Germany
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Ich kante vorcher Deutsches aber mich hatte vergeszen jetzt die sprache.

No problem - I think german is more difficult to learn than english. Aber ich habe dich verstanden :-) :toast

Michi_Germany
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
wow...so may here speak German. pretty cool.

Ich liebe Deutschland.

Why do you love Germany?
:spin

eisfeld
01-10-2008, 02:27 PM
No problem - I think german is more difficult to learn than english. Aber ich habe dich verstanden :-) :toast

In fact it is more difficult to learn because of all the articles, declinations and so on. But wow, besides some friends of mine from denver I've never saw Americans speak German that well.

btw. Grüße aus Österreich ;)

Dario
01-10-2008, 03:42 PM
German is far more difficult to learn that english, but i would love to hear some american speak proper karnten osterreicher german. That would be hillarious :D

rAm
01-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Ich werde den Sack cut off von allen, die Beiträge in diesem Thread Sie schmutzig Arschloch fuckers

VaSpursFan
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Why do you love Germany?

I lived in Kiel for one year as an austauschstudent and I had a blast. In fact, my favorite beer is german, I love Kolsch. Koln is a great city and I love Karneval.

Mein Deutsch ist schlecht geworden weil ich nicht jeden tag Deutsch spreche. Aber, ich noch lese Deutsch ganz gut. Es freut mich sehr das es gibt Spurs Fans in Deutschland. In welche stadt wohnen Sie?

temujin
01-10-2008, 06:13 PM
yeap.

German is more difficult than English.

In fact, one has to even study it.

Amazing.

Michi_Germany
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I lived in Kiel for one year as an austauschstudent and I had a blast. In fact, my favorite beer is german, I love Kolsch. Koln is a great city and I love Karneval.

Mein Deutsch ist schlecht geworden weil ich nicht jeden tag Deutsch spreche. Aber, ich noch lese Deutsch ganz gut. Es freut mich sehr das es gibt Spurs Fans in Deutschland. In welche stadt wohnen Sie?

Wow, in Kiel. Kiel is a very nice City. I like all the citys near to the sea. Cologne is really nice too, but my favorite City is Hamburg. In my opinion the best City to live in Germany.
At the moment I live not so far away from Cologne in Bochum. It's between Dortmund und Düsseldorf.
Dein Deutsch ist übrigens klasse! Wahrscheinlich besser als mein Englisch

Michi_Germany
01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
In fact it is more difficult to learn because of all the articles, declinations and so on. But wow, besides some friends of mine from denver I've never saw Americans speak German that well.

btw. Grüße aus Österreich ;)

Servus
:toast Schicke mal nen Gruß über die Alpen!