PDA

View Full Version : Heat's Riley ponders giving up coaching duties after season

LakeShow
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/10567271

Heat's Riley ponders giving up coaching duties after season

Jan. 9, 2008
CBSSports.com staff

His team mired in the Eastern Conference cellar less than two years after winning the NBA title, Miami Heat coach Pat Riley is leaning toward stepping aside after the season, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel said Wednesday.

Riley, 62, said it might be in the franchise's best interest if he focuses solely on his role as team president. But the decision is not imminent.

"That's after this season," Riley said. "That's not now."

Riley said he was torn by the commitment he made to owner Micky Arison to hold the dual roles over the remaining two-plus seasons on his Heat contract.

"I feel like now, more than ever, I might be butting heads with both jobs," he said. "And I've revisited that over and over again."

Miami is 8-27 heading into Wednesday night's game in Milwaukee. The Heat lost to league-worst Minnesota on Tuesday.

Yeah right, I look for him to go sooner than that!

resistanze
01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
He seems to be buttting heads with both jobs whenever one of those jobs is going shitty.

ancestron
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Yep, the Heat are in the cellar, time for Riley to jump ship.

LakeShow
01-09-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm surprised he didn't go with "health reasons" why he must step down. It's funny his double duty was no problem when he fired Stan and had a championship team, now it's a problem because they're sucking. :dramaquee

lurker
01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I've actually been surprised that he hasn't taken a leave of absence yet. He's ditched them for less.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I, for one, am shocked Pat Riley is considering giving up when the Heat need him most.

resistanze
01-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I, for one, am shocked Pat Riley is considering giving up when the Heat need him most.
Yeah, me too.

I mean, who's next? Shaq?