PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Mill: Mallet to Tenn and Carrol to NFL (Falcons)

NoMoneyDown
01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
stay tuned ...

MajorMike
01-09-2008, 03:26 PM
The only rumor about Carrol is that the Falcons want to talk to him; I don't even think they have met yet.

JamStone
01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Carroll would be an idiot to leave USC for the NFL, unless more shit about NCAA violations are about to come to light again.

samikeyp
01-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Why would Carroll go to the Falcons...his current team is better. :)

MajorMike
01-09-2008, 03:35 PM
He wouldn't necessarily be an idiot to leave for the NFL; however he would be an idiot to leave for the Falcons.

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Why would Carroll go to the Falcons...his current team is better. :)
Unless there's a lot more to the Bush story and Carroll's name is about to take a serious hit. I still wouldnt go to the Falcons.

degenerate_gambler
01-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Carroll would be an idiot to leave USC for the NFL, unless more shit about NCAA violations are about to come to light again.

The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do shit to USC..

MajorMike
01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Let's be honest; a pro owner/GM isn't going to give one rat's ass if Carroll wrote personal checks to his entire team. They want to know what his teams did on the field and that's all.

JamStone
01-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Maybe not, but I don't think it necessarily would have anything to do with how the NCAA will react to such things. It's the hassle from the media and the possible damage his recruiting might suffer if other things came out.

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Let's be honest; a pro owner/GM isn't going to give one rat's ass if Carroll wrote personal checks to his entire team. They want to know what his teams did on the field and that's all.
Thats what Arthur Blank did with Petrino and look how that turned out. They will start to pay more attention to reputation and integrity, at least Blank will after all the shit he's had to deal with.

K-State Spur
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Thats what Arthur Blank did with Petrino and look how that turned out. They will start to pay more attention to reputation and integrity, at least Blank will after all the shit he's had to deal with.

The difference there would be that Petrino didn't have the first clue as to how to deal with a professional athlete (grown man that he couldn't intimidate into submission). Carroll has dealt with the pro athletes before, with mixed results obviously.

Kermit
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
If Mallett's QB coach goes to A&M, he'll be wearing maroon and white next season.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM

thats true. not only that, but i think you'll find Carroll and the staff had no knowledge of the Bush situation...if there was one.

JamStone
01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
thats true. not only that, but i think you'll find Carroll and the staff had no knowledge of the Bush situation...if there was one.

LMAO @ "if there was one"

QFB (quoted for bias)

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
The difference there would be that Petrino didn't have the first clue as to how to deal with a professional athlete (grown man that he couldn't intimidate into submission). Carroll has dealt with the pro athletes before, with mixed results obviously.

If it came out that Carroll was paying his players or had other transgressions I doubt Arthur Blank would hire him. He'd be an idiot to do so.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
LMAO @ "if there was one"

QFB (quoted for bias)

whats been proven? we'll see what happens, but i would bet a lot of money Carroll and the school had nothing to do with anything. hence, nothing will happen and its much ado about nothing.

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
whats been proven? we'll see what happens, but i would bet a lot of money Carroll and the school had nothing to do with anything. hence, nothing will happen and its much ado about nothing.

Do you realize all it takes is one ineligible player to get records and titles stripped? Especially one as important as Bush. I hope it doesn't happen, but Bush may have fucked everyone over with his bullshit.

johngateswhiteley
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Do you realize all it takes is one ineligible player to get records and titles stripped? Especially one as important as Bush. I hope it doesn't happen, but Bush may have fucked everyone over with his bullshit.

course, its happened before...but nothing will happen.

BeerIsGood!
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
course, its happened before...but nothing will happen.

I hope you're right. I don't want Oklahoma getting that title.

Marklar MM
01-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I hope you're right. I don't want Oklahoma getting that title.

Look at Ohio State and Clarett. Unless the school puts sanctions on itself (Like Michigan did to the basketball program), nothing big will happen.

JamStone
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM

Your "if there was one" quote referred to Reggie Bush, not Pete Carroll, at least that's how it read. I was laughing at your notion that there might not have been a "Reggie Bush situation," not at a notion that Carroll and USC might have known about it. I just find it disingenuous for a USC fan to claim Reggie Bush and his family may have not done anything. It's like someone saying, "it hasn't been proven that Mark McGwire did steroids so who knows about any steroid situation with McGwire ... if there was one."

MajorMike
01-10-2008, 08:46 AM

But the schools still get in trouble for what the NCAA calls "Lack of Institutional Control." This is what uo got in trouble for when a car dealership was paying kids not to work and SMU got the death penalty for when boosters freely gave cash to players. Had nothing to do with the school itself, but by the NCAA rules the player is the school's responsibility.

Holt's Cat
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
If Mallett's QB coach goes to A&M, he'll be wearing maroon and white next season.

He'll sit out next season, wherever he goes.

Holmes_Fans
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................... ............ no