PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

coachtf
01-01-2005, 03:21 PM
I know many may not agree but I think Pop got kicked out of the game for two reasons. 1. He had a legit beef and wanted to make a stand and send a message. 2. It was his way of letting PJ get some face time knowing he was on the short list for the Denver job. One of the things about Pop is he does things in his own way and he is always looking out for people that he respects. Make no mistake he was pissed but Pop was asking to get tossed. Just a thought! :smokin

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:24 PM
No....he had a New Years party to go to in Hollywood. :)

thispego
01-01-2005, 03:31 PM
he had a secret mission for the cia that came up that he had to leave for

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:36 PM
^^^that too! :lol

Bandit2981
01-01-2005, 03:40 PM
mikey is on the right track...Pop wanted to get a head start with the wine and champagne for new years :lol

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:49 PM
maybe he just pulled a Cartman..."Screw you guys, i'm goin' home!" :)

Bandit2981
01-01-2005, 03:57 PM
didnt larry brown do that once recently? where he got booted from a game on purpose because he wanted the night off or something?

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:59 PM
not sure but wouldn't have surprised me.

Solid D
01-01-2005, 04:56 PM
It changed the game. The Spurs weren't in sync and not playing with much intensity. They needed to wake up. I think Pop wanted to shake things up.

I also think that Eddie F. Rush missed a good game.

missmyzte
01-01-2005, 05:22 PM
I thought about that, too, that he wanted to give PJ some headcoaching time as a sort of audition for Denver. Of course, there were the hot LA parties he wanted to get a jump on so it worked out best all around.

Slomo
01-01-2005, 05:27 PM
OT: Nice new avatar Ms.Myzte :)

missmyzte
01-01-2005, 05:38 PM
OT: Nice new avatar Ms.Myzte :)
Thanks! I like it. :eyebrows

whottt
01-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Seems to me that if Pop wanted to show off what a good coach PJ was he would have just let PJ coach a game straight up to show how much confidence he had in PJ.

No need to be coy about it. Being upfront about it would have helped PJ more...plus, it didn't exactly look like we were going to win that game when Pop got himself thrown out.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-01-2005, 06:22 PM
It's too bad the X-Files wasn't still on the air because some of the bullshit conspiracy theories bouncing around this forum would give their writers endless material.

Pop got tossed for one reason and one reason only; Eddie F. Rush is a sack of shit that has had a hardon for the Spurs for as long as I can remember and Pop wasn't in the mood to put up with his crap.

End of discussion.

boutons
01-01-2005, 06:25 PM
"let PJ coach a game straight up"

aka, 'Nellie coaching" :)

whottt
01-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Actually, Nellie wasn't doing that to showcase AJ...he was doing it to break AJ in as a head coach.

PJ doesn't need that...and if Pop really wanted to show what a great coach he thinks PJ is he would just show he has the confidence to let him coach without extenuating circumstances.

Pop got thrown out because he was pissed and because it looked like it was going to be one of "those" games.

Pop punched the right button and he has been doing that a lot lately...that's all it was...

ALVAREZ6
01-01-2005, 06:42 PM
maybe he just pulled a Cartman..."Screw you guys, i'm goin' home!" :)

:lol :lmao :makemyday

2pac
01-01-2005, 06:53 PM
I am not sure you could classify that as a thought.

Spurbanana
01-02-2005, 02:32 AM
A question, because I am highly and disgustingly uninformed...do the coaches that are ejected have to leave the building, or stay in the locker room, or what? Can they still give the halftime Serbian scr....speech?

Tek_XX
01-02-2005, 02:45 AM
I don't think Pop would purposely get kicked out of a game, not that he doesn't want PJ to get some good air time, but he probably takes his job a little more seriously than that.

I would imagine that they have to go to the locker room

Duff McCartney
01-02-2005, 02:53 AM
I think Pop can do everything short of murdering Tim Duncan and still have a job in this town. He has a complete grasp on the Spurs organization..not in a bad way. It's hard to imagine the Spurs being coached without Pop. He's been here a really long time.

ShoogarBear
01-02-2005, 12:44 PM
A question, because I am highly and disgustingly uninformed...do the coaches that are ejected have to leave the building, or stay in the locker room, or what? Can they still give the halftime Serbian scr....speech?

They have to go to the locker room, but don't have to leave the building. They apparently can address the team during halftime.

The story I heard, however, is that Pop completely left the arena after the ejection. Maybe Kori can confirm or deny.