PDA

View Full Version : Richardsons Out!

Nbadan
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
He's in, he's out, he's in......no, he's out....no, he's In

...eh...who cares?

MERRIMACK, N.H. - New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson ended his campaign for the presidency Wednesday after twin fourth-place finishes that showed his impressive credentials could not compete with his rivals' star power.

Richardson planned to announce the decision Thursday, according to two people close to the governor with knowledge of the decision. They spoke on a condition of anonymity in advance of the governor's announcement.

The Richardson campaign would not comment on the governor's decision, reached after a meeting with his top advisers Wednesday in New Mexico.

Richardson had one of the most wide-ranging resumes of any candidate ever to run for the presidency, bringing experience from his time in Congress, President Clinton's Cabinet, in the New Mexico statehouse as well as his unique role as a freelance diplomat. As a Hispanic, he added to the unprecedented diversity in the Democratic field that also included a black and a woman.

Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_el_pr/richardson)

Richardson drops out, but refuses to endorse any of the three leading Demo candidtates....

PixelPusher
01-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Phase One of "Operation Veep" completed.

T Park
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
I'd love to have 25% of the money he wasted on this half baked effort.

JoeChalupa
01-11-2008, 12:08 PM
He'd be a great VP.

T Park
01-11-2008, 12:19 PM
No thanks.

Anyone that served under Clinton doesn't need to go in there.

I'd vote for Obama before I'd vote for anyone or anything affiliated with Clinton being in there.

George Gervin's Afro
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
He'd be a great VP.

I agree. I like the guy alot..

JoeChalupa
01-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Have you even read up on Richardson? The man has foreign relations experience and is a non-tax raising democrat. Does that mean you won't vote for a Bush cronie?

JoeChalupa
01-11-2008, 01:19 PM
I agree. I like the guy alot..

I do too. A great man indeed.

Obama/Richardson...............yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh h!!!!

ChumpDumper
01-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I suppose he hasn't endorsed anyone because he hasn't gotten a promise to be a running mate/cabinet member yet.

JoeChalupa
01-11-2008, 04:37 PM
This is why he didn't attack anyone so his options are open.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Have you even read up on Richardson? The man has foreign relations experience and is a non-tax raising democrat. Does that mean you won't vote for a Bush cronie?

T Park just pushes that straight republican ticket button whenever he squeezes into a polling booth.

exstatic
01-13-2008, 04:55 PM
T Park just pushes that straight republican ticket button whenever he squeezes into a polling booth.
In 20 years, TPark will be AFE7Fatman or XrayZebra, talking about Dimmocraps. He's well on his way, with his mind already closed to someone because they worked for Clinton.