No link yet.

:smokin

ChumpDumper
01-10-2008, 06:52 PM
That was quick.

timvp
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM
"Terms of the contract not disclosed."

However, I'm assuming a 10-day contract.

thispego
01-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Jason Richardson's lil bro?

tomcat
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Told ya :dramaquee

td4mvp3
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
who?

timvp
01-10-2008, 07:02 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/players_l/20071108/4241.jpg
Height: 6-7
Weight: 195
College: Delta State

Richardson excels as a scorer, showing a reliable mid-range game, and the ability to pull-up and score off the dribble from anywhere on the court.

Kori Ellis
01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have signed guard/forward Jeremy Richardson. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

The 6-7, 195-pound Richardson was signed by the Memphis Grizzlies on 12/20. He did not register a point in three games with Grizzlies and was waived on 1/7. Prior to joining the Grizzlies, Richardson was with the Fort Wayne Mad Antz in the NBA Development League. He was averaging a league-high 28.5 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.63 steals in 41.5 minutes in eight games. The 23-year-old spent the 2007 preseason with the Miami Heat before being cut on 10/29.

The Delta State alum had two call-ups last season, first with the Atlanta Hawks and then the Portland Trail Blazers, averaging 1.3 points in six games. The 23-year-old spent the majority of the 2006-07 season with the Forth Worth Flyers in the D-League where he earned All-NBA Development League Second Team honors. Richardson averaged 17.4 points, 3.0 rebounds and 1.7 assists in 34 games with Fort Worth.

Tippecanoe
01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
never heard of this guy

E20
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but this seems a bit uncharaecteristic from the Spurs FO, it seems a little panicky, with all these signings then a couple days later getting waived. Does the Spurs FO domestic scouting suck a hell of a lot more than I thought it did? I'm not holding my breath on this guy, would not be suprised if he got waived before the month was out.

timvp
01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey, ChumpDumper, if the Spurs end up waiving him, do you think the Toros would then have priority over the Mad Ants to acquire his services?

:stirpot:

P.S.

Obviously if he sticks with the Spurs, the Spurs would then be able to send him down to the Toros. Perhaps the Spurs are going to just concentrate on the 2008 D-League championship this year . . .

tomcat
01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Called up by Memphis for 9 games and saw pt in 3 games for a total of 15 mins. Went for 0-6 and never scored.

This is his 10 day audition. Hope he does better than his debut with Memphis or he's back to Motor City.

Kori Ellis
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but this seems a bit uncharaecteristic from the Spurs FO, it seems a little panicky, with all these signings then a couple days later getting waived. Does the Spurs FO domestic scouting suck a hell of a lot more than I thought it did? I'm not holding my breath on this guy, would not be suprised if he got waived before the month was out.

Regarding all the guys before him, they are just using their minor league club to give some young guys a test run. It's not panicky.

timvp
01-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but this seems a bit uncharaecteristic from the Spurs FO, it seems a little panicky, with all these signings then a couple days later getting waived. Does the Spurs FO domestic scouting suck a hell of a lot more than I thought it did? I'm not holding my breath on this guy, would not be suprised if he got waived before the month was out.The Spurs have had two motivations for their recent moves.

1) Check out some young players with decent potential. See not only how they play in games, but also how they play in practices and how they interact in the NBA environment. Richardson, by most accounts, is probably the best prospect out of Langford, Williams, Johnson and Washington. However, Richardson is still raw and tough to figure out at the moment. Might as well bring him in and see if he's good enough to keep.

2) All these moves have helped the Toros ... and thusly, the Spurs. By exploiting a couple D-League loopholes, the Spurs have been able to pack the Toros with some good talent. This is another move that has FBI Buford written all over it.

timvp
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Told ya :dramaqueeNice job.

:fro

JamStone
01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Why are the Spurs playing musical chairs with its roster and D-League guys?

timvp
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Why are the Spurs playing musical chairs with its roster and D-League guys?They're cheating, basically.

ChumpDumper
01-10-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey, ChumpDumper, if the Spurs end up waiving him, do you think the Toros would then have priority over the Mad Ants to acquire his services?:lol That's getting really greedy.

Nope. Fort Wayne would get him back.

Nice auditions. Wish we had tried out Brandon Bowman before he left for Europe.

Darkwaters
01-10-2008, 07:26 PM
I like this signing. Even if its simply another temporary thing I still don't mind trying out a long swingman that can shoot.

JamStone
01-10-2008, 07:27 PM
With the frequency that the Spurs are signing then dumping these D-leaguers, it looks almost like a perfect opportunity for a reality show ... something like "Elimi-D-leaguer" or "Signed and Cut in the SPUR of a Moment" or "Meet the Popovich as he pops-a-bitch"

Darkwaters
01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
With the frequency that the Spurs are signing then dumping these D-leaguers, it looks almost like a perfect opportunity for a reality show ... something like "Elimi-D-leaguer" or "Signed and Cut in the SPUR of a Moment" or "Meet the Popovich as he pops-a-bitch"

Perhaps during training camp next season they'll let us vote various players out of camp. Last man standing gets a roster spot. Heck, maybe T-Mobile will chip in and let us text our votes in as well!

Bruno
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Richardson was maybe the best one at Spurs workout in December but he wasn't available later in the month because he had signed with Memphis.

Anyway, I quite give up trying to understand what Spurs do. It's becoming too complicate.

AFBlue
01-10-2008, 07:35 PM
He must've really showed something in the workout with all the other prospects.

A guy with long-term potential that looks like he actually could contribute right away if given the opportunity... :tu

Fillmoe
01-10-2008, 07:36 PM
You should have made the headline "Spurs sign J Rich"

Darkwaters
01-10-2008, 07:43 PM
A guy with long-term potential that looks like he actually could contribute right away if given the opportunity... :tu

I'm not sure just how quickly he really could contribute. Memphis had him and opted to pass. So hes obviously not a "you'd be retarded not to keep him" type of guy...either that or the Memphis school systems are slipping.

But seriously, I think hes a high quality prospect, but maybe not a can't miss guy.

wildbill2u
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Ya gotta shuck a lot of oysters before ya find a pearl.

SenorSpur
01-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Don't know much about this guy either. I agree with you. I wont get excited about this guy either because he'll likely be gone by month's end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Spurs FO absolutely SUCKS at domestic scouting and development. They have for many, many years. Not because of this signing, but moreso because the Spurs have only one player on the roster that was drafted and developed - TIM DUNCAN. I mean, how hard was it to develop him?

For whatever reason, they made the one-sided decision, long ago, to forego the domestic market in lieu of the international market, which they've had tremendous success. They've also discovered the benefits of drafting overseas talent and allowed it to develop on someone else's dime. A very sound and practical approach. However my point has always been, "be proficient at both types of scouting and player development". There's no need to forego one for the other. There are good, young players in this country too.

loveforthegame
01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm not going to get excited either. He probably won't see any minutes for us to get a good look at him anyway.

I'm glad the Spurs are looking at players but it's hard to understand some of the moves.

Spurs Brazil
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/01/jeff_mcdonald_a_6.html

Jeff McDonald: Another new Spur (Or, no, this is not Groundhog Day)
The Spurs made yet another dip into the Developmental Leagues on Thursday, signing Jeremy Richardson to a 10-day contract.

Richardson becomes the fifth D-Leaguer to join the Spurs this season. Playing with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, Richardson, a 6-foot-7 swingman, was leading the D-League in scoring when the Memphis Grizzlies signed him on Dec. 20. He played in three games with the Grizzlies before being waived on Monday.

With Brent Barry still ailing, Richardson will likely be on the Spurs' active roster tonight against the Pistons. If the conditions are ripe, he might even get in the game.

As with the other players the Spurs have plucked from the D-League, however, it would be a bit of an upset if he sticks around after everyone gets healthy.

"We've had injuries," coach Gregg Popovich said. "If we hadn't had injuries, I probably wouldn't have brought anybody up."

Barry is expected to return to practice within the week, by the way, so we'd say Richardson's days as a Spur are already numbered.

SenorSpur
01-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm not going to get excited either. He probably won't see any minutes for us to get a good look at him anyway.

I'm glad the Spurs are looking at players but it's hard to understand some of the moves.

I'm glad they're looking too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
:tu Hopefully we get to see him tonight.

DisciplinaryOffice
01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Ya gotta shuck a lot of oysters before ya find a pearl.

OR...

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/rare.pearl.clams.2.621298.html

Rare Purple Pearl Found In $10 Plate Of Clams
Experts Say Pearl Worth Up To $25,000
LAKE WORTH, Fla. (CBS) ―

A $10 plate of clams served up the surprise of a lifetime for a Florida couple, a rare purple pearl.

George and Leslie Brock rarely order steamed clams, but on their last visit to a Lake Worth, Florida restaurant, they decided to be spontaneous and order seafood. Little did they know…

"I'm eating the clams and it felt like a stone in the clam," said George.

He quickly spit it out on his plate, reacting as anybody would have under the same circumstances; biting down on a foreign, unexpected object in a normally soft textured food. Upon taking a closer look, he noticed the stone was actually a purple pearl.

"He pulled it out and I went, Oh My God, that's a pearl. Do you realize that just came out of a clam, not even an oyster, but a clam," said Leslie Brock.

A purple pearl is extremely rare, and to come across one inside of a clam is even more unusual. Add the fact that ordering a plate of clams is not typical behavior for the couple.

"It's like a dream. I can't believe it. I can absolutely not believe it," Leslie said.

Their waitress couldn't believe her eyes either.

"I was surprised, yes. I think it's very good luck. Maybe it will be good luck for all of us in this new year," said the couple's server.

The couple took the pearl to a jeweler who confirmed it is indeed authentic, so authentic in fact it is believed to be worth as much as $25,000. Reason enough, according to the lucky couple, to sell.

"I just think if it's worth that much money, it's going to be a great new year." For them at least!

As news of the rare finding has circulated, a source close to the restaurant has said orders for clams have tripled.

Slomo
01-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Anyway, I quite give up trying to understand what Spurs do. It's becoming too complicate.

:lol

Damn, Bruno! Coming from you this is sig worthy! :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-10-2008, 10:43 PM
He's one ugly dude.

tomcat
01-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Played 1 minute vs Pistons.

Whoopee.

Any footage?

Budkin
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I just want the regular roster back in action at full health. They can waive all these other scrubs for all I care.

AFBlue
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't know much about this guy either. I agree with you. I wont get excited about this guy either because he'll likely be gone by month's end.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Spurs FO absolutely SUCKS at domestic scouting and development. They have for many, many years. Not because of this signing, but moreso because the Spurs have only one player on the roster that was drafted and developed - TIM DUNCAN. I mean, how hard was it to develop him?

For whatever reason, they made the one-sided decision, long ago, to forego the domestic market in lieu of the international market, which they've had tremendous success. They've also discovered the benefits of drafting overseas talent and allowed it to develop on someone else's dime. A very sound and practical approach. However my point has always been, "be proficient at both types of scouting and player development". There's no need to forego one for the other. There are good, young players in this country too.

The Spurs may not have been very successful in the draft with domestic prospects, but Richardson (and Washington, Langford, Johnson, et al) fit the trend of the Spurs going for "off the map" prospects and developing little known players. Guys like Bruce Bowen, Devin Brown, and Stephen Jackson are testaments to their success of finding domestic players that are previously unknown commodities and making them serviceable contributors.

Of course, the Spurs are going to be hit-and-miss on these prospects because they have flaws, which is obviously why they were overlooked in the first place.

I'm not saying that Jeremy Richardson is the guy, in fact I think he's a longer shot than some of the others the Spurs have brought in. But I wouldn't be suprised if Jeremy Richardson turns this opportunity into a long-term bid to stay with the Spurs.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Can someone give me a brief explanation of how the spurs are cheating and exactly what they're doing
i keep getting different stories

ChumpDumper
01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Can someone give me a brief explanation of how the spurs are cheating and exactly what they're doing
i keep getting different storiesThe Flash owners blog linked above is pretty accurate in describing what went on.

Other examples include RGV players (including one D-League vet) going through the local tryout process to get on Bob Hoffman's squad without going through the draft or player pool and the Flash trading for a guy who was holding out from entering the player pool until he was guaranteed he would play in the state he played college ball.

It happens often in many different ways, it's just that the Spurs' moves were at once the least subtle and the most effective.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Who?

ChumpDumper
01-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Some dude.

Budkin
01-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Any chance this guy actually makes the roster? I really like his length but haven't seen him play enough to have any other opinion.

Mr. Body
01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
He is listed as 24 years old but I believe he's only about 12 by the looks of him.

Budkin
01-12-2008, 11:15 PM
He is listed as 24 years old but I believe he's only about 12 by the looks of him.

:lmao I was thinking that at the end of the Pistons game when they put him in.

SequSpur
01-12-2008, 11:18 PM
scrub

loveforthegame
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
He looks ok but I thought the same thing about DerMarr Johnson and the Spurs waived him after a nice game.

If Barry is aiming for a Monday return I won't be surprised to see JR waived then.

T Park
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Looks like another James White to me.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Looks like another James White to me.
Exactly what I was thinking.

BRING BACK MARCUS!!

tomcat
01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
If you saw Marcus last night in the Toros game you would not be saying that!

Rummpd
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/hawks/feature/5_Questions_With_Jeremy_Richardson_020207.html

5 Questions With Jeremy Richardson
by Jonathan Carl

Bringing a soft shot and high energy to the Hawks, Jeremy Richardson was called up from the NBDL and signed by Hawks’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Billy Knight to a 10-Day Contract on January 27.

Richardson saw his first game action Wednesday, January 31 against the Golden State Warriors, where he went 2-3 and made his first shot in the NBA, a three-pointer. He also logged a steal and a rebound in eight minutes of playing time.

The 6-foot-7 Richardson started 15 games this season for the Fort Worth Flyers of the National Basketball Association Development League, averaging 18.5 ppg, 3.1 rpg and 1.5 apg (.466 FG%, .404 3FG%, .864 FT%). Drafted by the Flyers with the ninth pick of the second round in the 2006 D-League Draft, he is currently tied for 11th in the league in scoring.

Last season at Delta State University, Richardson averaged 17.8 ppg and 5.0 rpg (.492 FG%, .404 3FG%, .810 FT%), leading the Statesmen with 65 three-pointers made, and scoring 20-or-more-points 12 times. He put in 15.0 ppg and 4.2 rpg as a junior in 2004-05.

As the school’s 14th all-time leading scorer, Richardson was named First Team All-Gulf South Conference following both his junior and senior seasons. Richardson played his first two collegiate seasons at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Wesson, MS.

Jeremy Terrell Richardson was born February 11, 1983 in Allentown, PA, and attended Zachary HS in Zachary, LA.

We talked to Richardson after practice Thursday to see what the former Statesman thinks of Division II players in the NBA, his first NBA minutes and what he thinks he can bring to the Hawks table.

Hawks.com: You played for Delta State, a Division II school. Who’s the best NBA player who played D-II ball?

Jeremy Richardson: I don’t know too many that play in the NBA, but I hope in the future to become one of the best Division II players in the league.

Hawks.com: How do you think you can contribute most to this Hawks team?

JR: I think I can bring more energy and hard work to the team. When we’re playing some of the better guys, I can knock down an open shot.

Hawks.com: What did it mean to you to make your first shot, a three-pointer, in the NBA?

JR: It was a really big deal, a real confidence booster. My first shot I ever put up (in the NBA) I made, I think that will help me in the future. When I got in, I just wanted to make something happen, and I went two for three with one steal and one rebound. I was just trying to contribute to the team and give them an extra boost.

Hawks.com: Which upcoming game are you most looking forward to?

JR: Every game that I see while I’m on the bench, I am going to be excited about, just being able to be out there another night with the team. I’m really excited to see Kobe (Bryant) play, and I know it will be a challenge for us.

Hawks.com: Finish this sentence: The Atlanta Hawks are…

JR: On the rise.

Jonathan Carl is the PR Intern for the Atlanta Hawks

MySpace | Podcasts | Blog | RSS | e-news | Video

T Park
01-14-2008, 01:26 AM
Personally I'd rather they just keep Demarr up.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Bring Back Ron Mercer

T Park
01-14-2008, 01:31 AM
No thanks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Too bad he's retired.