PDA

View Full Version : OSU Coach Turns Down A&M Offer

MajorMike
01-10-2008, 06:54 PM
From the Tulsa World:

Despite strong pursuit by new Texas A&M head coach Mike Sherman for the a position on the staff he's assembling in College Station, Oklahoma State running backs and assistant head coach Curtis Luper is staying at his alma mater.

"I'm a Cowboy," Luper said. "It's about family. My own family, and my OSU family."

Luper's value as a coach and recruiter can't be overstated, and he has had great success in the Dallas-Fort Worth area the last two seasons.

RonMexico
01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
That's good for him... at least there's a small amount of loyalty left in college football.

ReggieF
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
he'll be regretting that decision when Gundy is run off after this season, this year was the Poke's chacne to move up int eh conference and they didn't do it. Losing Bowman and Savage is going to make it harder for that offense to outscore people.

MajorMike
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
I really think that Dez Bryant (who was a true Frosh) is going to be a better WR than Bowman. Savage's backup (Hunter) was also a true Frosh and he ran for 700 yards this year. Zac will only be a Junior next year after his 1st year of starting. We signed a 4-star JUCO RB (which is exactly what Savage was when he came to OSU). Pettigrew (1st Team All B12 TE) should return also, unless he opts for the NFL Draft.

One thing I'm never worried about at OSU is the offense.

ReggieF
01-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Hunter will wear down if he has to carry the load by himself, he is very small which is why he ended up at OSU, agree on Dez provided he can keep his grades in order although having Bowman on the other side would make him even better.

MajorMike
01-11-2008, 02:07 PM
We will get Artie Woods back at WR from his back injury and we have a couple of other RBs as well. We have a redshirt RB who was #14 overall in Texas last year, plus some other bench guys, including Keith Toston, who was the #2 to start the year but lost his job because of the fumbllitis against Troy.

samikeyp
01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Is Artie Woods part of the Donovan/Rashawn/D'Juan/D'Lightful/D'Lovely Woods family tree?

j-6
01-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Is Artie Woods part of the Donovan/Rashawn/D'Juan/D'Lightful/D'Lovely Woods family tree?

I know you're kidding, but I remember during the UT/Okie State game this year the announcers mentioned the final Woods brother was playing his senior season.

I think this one was a DB, another one was a QB, and Donovan I know played WR - the Niners drafted him. I thought there was another one that played wideout because he played at the same time as the QB brother.

CaptMike, some clarification, por favor?

MajorMike
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
No, seriously. Donovan was the QB (started as a Frosh) turned DB (started Soph/Jr) turned LB (started this year) and was the Insight Bowl defensive player of the game. D'Juan and Rashaun were the WRs. Rashaun is the one that holds all the B12 records and was drafted. He pulled a hammy in minicamp and was never heard from again in the NFL.

Artrell (Artie) is no relation. He broke his back in the offseason, and was the #2 WR.

samikeyp
01-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Actually...I wasn't kidding. :)

I knew about Rashaun, Donovan and D'Juan...just didn't know if there were anymore.

MajorMike
01-11-2008, 03:12 PM
No. ttek's Shannon Woods was a cousin, tho.

ReggieF
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Artrell WOoods is a Bryan High kid who was showing some potential before the back injury, that said I don't think you want to count on a kid who is coming off a broken back...OSU will be solid but I still think they missed thier window this year whne the conference was down a bit.Tech will be the same as always under Leach, good but fold in a game that is unexpected, Baylor has to be better Briles is a huge upgrade over Morris, Sherman is scrapping the junk Fran Offense and tu and ZeroU will be strong as always, in fact you could argue Gundy is the worst coach in the south at this time.

MajorMike
01-12-2008, 05:24 PM
He is the least paid, for sure.