PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs done?

tlongII
01-10-2008, 11:13 PM
It's a legitimate question. Perhaps their window of opportunity is now closed? They had a nice run after all. They won 2 legitimate championships over a 9 year span. Not bad. :clap

Armando
01-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Nope they just need Pop's annual soft speech routine.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope this stretch shows the value of smallball.

debo
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
It's a legitimate question.

for a legitimate retard

greyforest
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
spurs are done, put the fork in them, the first half of the regular season is the sole determinant of the franchise's future

bigfundamental21
01-10-2008, 11:21 PM
It's a little early to say they are done. They are definitely not playing what I would call Spurs Basketball, but I would never say they are done. It's a long season and there is no need to panic after only 34 games. It's not like we are in last place. We will get it done and our team will come together at the right time. If you are a true Spurs fan, you know how to ride the ups and downs of the season and know that in the end, our team will rise to the top.

peskypesky
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM
It's a legitimate question. Perhaps their window of opportunity is now closed? They had a nice run after all. They won 2 legitimate championships over a 9 year span. Not bad. :clap

Fuck off and go die in a hole.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-10-2008, 11:30 PM

I thought you were better than cheap asterisk shots. :nope

It's January. Let's talk in April

Budkin
01-10-2008, 11:33 PM
You know, Karma is going to fuck with you tlong.

FirebatMIV
01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
The only legitimate question posed in this thread is whether or not tlong has officially become a garden variety troll.

m33p0
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
is oden done? he hasn't played a single NBA game yet and he's already deep fried to a crisp.

m33p0
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
The only legitimate question posed in this thread is whether or not tlong has officially become a garden variety troll.
the one that you stick the butt into the ground. :lol

Dex
01-10-2008, 11:51 PM
I need to start bookmarking these threads and bumping them after the Spurs are holding up another Larry O' Brien Trophy.

resistanze
01-10-2008, 11:57 PM
You know, Karma is going to fuck with you tlong.
It already did. Isn't Oden like 500 pounds now?

duncan228
01-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I need to start bookmarking these threads and bumping them after the Spurs are holding up another Larry O' Brien Trophy.

Thank you.
I don't know what's worse tonight, the trolls or the Spurs fans heading for the ledge.

This team does this every year. They go through stretches of playing horribly.
Then comes the RRT, and no matter what the win/loss record is on the trip, they come out a team on the same page.
Then comes SPAM.
By the Playoffs they're playing some of the best ball in the league.

I think because they play so well at the end of the season that it's easy to forget how rough the road is to get there.

I believe in this team. I believe they, especially Duncan, want the repeat.
And I believe they can get there.

There will be more losses. There will be games they play horribly.
But when it matters they will be focused, driven, and heading for the Finals.

Holt's Cat
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I thought they were "done" about this time last year?

m33p0
01-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you.
I don't know what's worse tonight, the trolls or the Spurs fans heading for the ledge.

Then comes the RRT, and no matter what the win/loss record is on the trip, they come out a team on the same page.
Then comes SPAM.

I think because they play so well at the end of the season that it's easy to forget how rough the road is to get there.

amen to that.

exstatic
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
You would blow David Stern repeatedly if he could somehow bestow one of those "illegitmate" championships on your FAILBlazers, Tbong.

FromWayDowntown
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
probably. I'm giving up.

Seriously.

No really, I am.

exstatic
01-11-2008, 12:07 AM
i dont know if i would say done. but they sure need to change directions. i cant recall them looking this slow before. i know they have always turned it up in the playoffs, but i honestly cant say ive ever seen the spurs look this slow. even when in the standard slumps that all teams go through. this looks like its a little deeper than what ive seen in them before.
You don't watch them much, do you. We have SPAM every year, when they come to life, but before that, we have the dreaded January Collywobbles. It happens EVERY FUCKING YEAR. You're excused for not knowing about it, not being a Spurs fan, but the ledge jumpers should know better.

duncan228
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
probably. I'm giving up.

Seriously.

No really, I am.

:lol

Armando
01-11-2008, 12:16 AM
The annual tradition lives on

mFFL03
01-11-2008, 12:19 AM
it seems as though the spurs are done.....we all heard it tonight......pops has only one thing left on his mind....the only thing rotting his mind and team away.....

thank you budweiser, you king of beers you, thank you

Texas_Ranger
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
No.

Dex
01-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Thank you.

Then comes SPAM.

Glad to see I'm not the only one not headed for the shower rod.

It's like I said in the Game Blog, these games should be like a rite of passage to Spurs fans at this point. Anybody who has been following this team through the Duncan Era should know and be used to this.

Sure, it sucks to watch them play bad. It's never satisfying to watch your team lose games.

But this is how teams figure things out. This is where the forging happens. A little humility can go a long way in this League, and there has never been a Spurs Championship Squad that wasn't humbled at least a couple times. Teams don't get better by never facing adversity; they just don't know how to react when they are forced to. (Ask the 06-07 Mavericks)

If anything, this is the fuel Pop has been waiting for. We, as fans, should be glad that our yearly routine is as consistent as it is. Not to mention the results it has yielded.

Until someone has this team facing elimination and up against it, I tend not to worry too much. And that hasn't treated me TOO bad over the last ten years.

tlongII
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Spurs need refuel.

FromWayDowntown
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
They won 2 legitimate championships over a 9 year span. Not bad. :clap

[/Insert routine smack about the fact that the Blazers have won 1 legitimate championship over a 37 year span.]

team-work
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Of course not. No team is done until it is eliminated in the playoffs.

There's a Chinese saying which roughly translates like this : "you have to be pushed to the corner of death before you survive". Last year was the best example. Things still went wrong during the annual RRT, ending up in the humiliating loss in Orlando when Dwight Howard did that alley oop on Duncan. The Spurs would lose to the Heat in the next game, but they turned the corner when the beat the Pistons in a B2B game. What happened after that was obvious.

Somewhere this season the Spurs will do the same

freemeat
01-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Are the Spurs done?

Probably.

At least 3 legitimate championships.

Dex
01-11-2008, 12:32 AM
By the way...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/09/large_PX00175_7.JPG

Good call, guys.

spursfan09
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
This happens every year. The Spurs play through a stretch where they suck like they've never sucked before. Then playoffs get closer and closer, and they go on a 13 game winning streak, then they beat the Suns even though they're the ones with the home court advantage, then some team out of the east comes and poses the biggest threat. Then its another celebration downtown SA.

tlongII
01-11-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm only posting the threads I'm supposed to post.

duncan228
01-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Well said Dex. :tu

Fabbs
01-11-2008, 12:57 AM
for a legitimate retard
:lol

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2008, 01:14 AM
The only issue for the Spurs is health. If they can stay healthy and avoid injuries to the big 3 and key role players they will be the team to beat come playoff time. Tlong stop smoking pot.

SpursDynasty
01-11-2008, 01:23 AM
We are 17-5 when TD, TP, and Manu are healthy, does anything else really matter? We've only had 3 games where we've had our big three back since that stretch where either Duncan, TP, or Manu was out. One was a win, the other was a loss in overtime, tonight was just a bad loss.

Seriously, wtf is there to worry about?? Oh, and with the Spurs "struggling", we are still tied with all of the other "non-struggling teams" such as Dallas, Phoenix, and LA in the loss column, all battling for the #1 spot in the West.

Quityerbitchin' and quityerworryin'.

manubili
01-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Thank you! I was worried. I ve been reading "spurs are done" threads since 2005. There was something missing. Now we're ready for the fifth.

m33p0
01-11-2008, 08:35 AM
we'll know for sure after the ASG if they are done....

....playing games.

TampaDude
01-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Isn't this just another typical Spurs year?

Start off looking solid.
Play .500 ball in January.
Pick it up after the ASG.
Finish strong and make the playoffs.
Win yet another Championship.

:toast

703 Spurz
01-11-2008, 10:03 AM

Of course this douchebag wouldn't open his yap if Portland was theit typical 12-21 at this point in the season.

Why let him stir up trouble? Better yet, why does a guy get off on talking shit on a message board?

703 Spurz
01-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm only posting the threads I'm supposed to post.

:nope