PDA

View Full Version : This team will win when...

TDfan2007
01-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Manu's hand heals and someone besides Tim can do shit offensively...

Manu, Tony, and Finley have been horrible offensively as of late and Tony's defense has been almost non-existent as well. Worst of all, only one of these guys has a legit excuse for their shittacular offensive production.

Otherwise our defense, except for that one abberation against GS, has been pretty solid. Now our offense blows balls.

Can someone please go to Denver to pick up Michael Finley's jumpshot?

Oh and someone tell Pop that Rob belongs on the bench until March.

debo
01-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Otherwise our defense, except for that one abberation against GS, has been pretty solid.

maybe by traditional standards. but im a spurs fan, and to me our defense right now is shit.

T Park
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Is this the same Michael Finley who had been the second best player on the Spurs for quite a while?

Go away.

loveforthegame
01-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Finley hasn't been the problem. Besides the Clippers game and tonight he has been one of the most realiable Spurs.

Obstructed_View
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
The Spurs haven't played consistent defense for any significant stretch in about a month.

Budkin
01-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Finley and Timmy were good tonight... everyone else except for maybe Manu didn't show up.

loveforthegame
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Spurs need to get something out of the center position. Oberto, Elson, and Horry are struggling, collecting DNP's, or reserved for garbage minutes.

And the bench is too up and down. I know injuries to Ginobli and Barry are a big reason for that but Bonner, Udoka, and Vaughn are never on the same page.

No need to hit the panic buton because the Spurs always struggle then pull it together but I don't remember it being this hard to watch the last couple years.

T Park
01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Personally I thought Oberto was solid.

The numbers didn't show it, but he fought hard, and played well.

but I don't remember it being this hard to watch the last couple years.

Oh please.

Armando
01-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Much ado about nothing. Did the Spurs at this time last season played like they are playing now? I want to see if they pick it up after the All Star weekend like they did last year before I say anything.

m33p0
01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Much ado about nothing. Did the Spurs at this time last season played like they are playing now? I want to see if they pick it up after the All Star weekend like they did last year before I say anything.
last year 8-7 to this year's 7-8 in the same stretch of games. jan 10 last year, the spurs were 26-11 to this year's 23-11.

Armando
01-10-2008, 11:49 PM
last year 8-7 to this year's 7-8 in the same stretch of games. jan 10 last year, the spurs were 26-11 to this year's 23-11.

Yeah but you can attribute that to injuries. Besides how many teams out there you think would love to have that record?

m33p0
01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Yeah but you can attribute that to injuries.

i dunno. i don't watch alot of spurs basketball in mid-season. i only begin to really tune in when march rolls along. anyway, i only posted the records for reference.

Besides how many teams out there you think would love to have that record?
the timberwolves and the heat comes to mind.

dav4463
01-10-2008, 11:56 PM
I get worried every year about this time when other team's start looking better than the Spurs. This team always pulls through and gives an honest effort at playoff time and wins championships like no other. No need to worry, but sometimes I can't help it! I was more worried last year when Dallas was rolling towards 70 wins and the Suns were crowned champs by the media...then reality set in!

Armando
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
I get worried every year about this time when other team's start looking better than the Spurs. This team always pulls through and gives an honest effort at playoff time and wins championships like no other. No need to worry, but sometimes I can't help it! I was more worried last year when Dallas was rolling towards 70 wins and the Suns were crowned champs by the media...then reality set in!

I don't remember the media ever saying the Suns were going to be the champs. Sure they would say they would contend for one but all the talk was Dallas and thier 67 wins that is until they ran into Golden State. I was actually hoping for Denver to at least extend the Spurs to 6 or 7 games to wear them out but they let me down yet again. The Suns actually got a good road win in San Antonio in Game 4 which I thought turned the series in our favor but then........................ the Spurs swept Cleveland in the Finals. My memory is fuzzy after Game 4.

BigBeezie
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Maybe this is their year off? I don't know how to otherwise explain it... They don't have any desire right now. If they are doing this poorly in a month, then these guys will be planning their summer vacations early.

T Park
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
lmao ^^^^ :rolleyes

WalterBenitez
01-11-2008, 01:37 AM
We need Beno back, some good trade to renew this old team.