PDA

View Full Version : Lakers to seize control of the West

SpursDynasty
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I feel it coming.

Phoenix is unhealthy, Dallas is inconsistent. The Spurs are letting no-names hit shots on us.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2008, 01:11 AM
The Lakers are probably the sleeper team of the WC. Nobody expected them to be this good before the season started. The way they are winning is an encouraging sign that they are not gonna have a fluke start like last year. Top 10 in most defensive and offensive categories, and they have one of the better benches in the league. They have also had one of the toughest schedules to date, which makes their success even more impressive.

Still, if I had to put money on it, I'd say Dallas finishes with the best record in the WC. They are really picking up steam right now and are playing some good ball. Their team is just built to roll through the regular season. Playoffs are a different story though....

Unless the Spurs can pickup their level of play that 9-game rodeo trip is gonna be ugly.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2008, 01:14 AM
why are both of you posting from the same IP address?

SpursDynasty
01-11-2008, 01:16 AM

Based on what?

Matchman
01-11-2008, 01:18 AM
Looking forward to Bynum going Tim Thomas after his payday
Bynum acted like he is some real shit but in fact most of his points come from allyhoops and put-backs. Take out Kobe and Fisher and u got an average NBA center with potential.
Potential =/= Max Contract

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2008, 01:25 AM

Why does the internet attract so many idiots?

In all seriousness, it seems some of you actually believe me and SpursDynasty are the same person. Tell the mods to lookup our IP's, you'll probably find we are not even from the same state. I am talking to you straight, I am not SpursDynasty. Stop this nonsense.

LA24
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
The way they are winning is an encouraging sign that they are not gonna have a fluke start like last year.

We started 26-13 last year...then we lost 3 starters for most of the last 2nd half of the season. So last year's "fluke-ness" was due to injuries.

Still, I think next year is when we will really contend.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Bynum acted like he is some real shit but in fact most of his points come from allyhoops and put-backs. Take out Kobe and Fisher and u got an average NBA center with potential.

Not really. Watch some more games. He's only 20 and possesses a rare subset of skills only the elite centers of the NBA have. His post game was on display against NOH, lookup the highlights.

If there is one thing the Lakers know it's good centers. They've had the best centers to ever play the game play in a Laker uniform (Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, etc.). There is a reason Bynum was not traded. He's as close to legit as you can get. And before you mention Kwame Brown, he was initially brought in to play the 4 not the 5.

SpursDynasty
01-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Andrew Bynum is probably the best center in the league.

LA24
01-11-2008, 01:34 AM

You obviously don't watch many Laker games.
His post game is starting to come along. Also, his teammates
have a tendency to not pass him the ball.

Bynum becoming Tim Thomas ? :dizzy Ain't happening.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2008, 02:24 AM

:lmao

ludda
01-11-2008, 02:25 AM
this thread is pointless, the Heat are going to win the championship.

I feel it coming.

m33p0
01-11-2008, 06:15 AM
this thread is pointless, the Heat are going to win the championship.

I feel it coming.
post 3 years too late.

DallasFan
01-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Why does the internet attract so many idiots?

In all seriousness, it seems some of you actually believe me and SpursDynasty are the same person. Tell the mods to lookup our IP's, you'll probably find we are not even from the same state. I am talking to you straight, I am not SpursDynasty. Stop this nonsense.

:cop :hang

703 Spurz
01-11-2008, 10:41 AM

What the fuck league are you speaking of?

TheNextGen
01-11-2008, 11:28 AM
i think bynum is #3 center in the league..

Medvedenko
01-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes, he's good and does actually possess post moves. This is actually promising for the Lakers and if a pay day is what's driving him...that's the point...this is their job you know.

Shank
01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
It's more than coincidence that DazedAndConfused posts almost immediately after SpursDynasty. He's either his conjoined twin or a Kuato.

DazedAndConfused
01-11-2008, 02:29 PM
based on the fact that you're both posting from the same IP address.

Too bad we are not. Prove to me that we are.

SpursDynasty
01-11-2008, 03:29 PM
i think bynum is #3 center in the league..

Ok, so maybe Yao Ming is the best center.

Then it's Andrew Bynum.

ancestron
01-11-2008, 04:28 PM
dude, why dont you go work for ESPN?
none of those guys know what they're talking about either. You'd fit right in.

endrity
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Ok, so maybe Yao Ming is the best center.

Then it's Andrew Bynum.
Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Kamman
Right now he is no better than Chandler and Camby, but obviously the kid can be the best center in the league in the next 3-4 years. Well, second best. The Centaur is going to be the best center in the league for the next decade.

JamStone
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
I don't know. As wacky as SD is, he might be right. It is probably a little premature, but it's at least arguable right now. As far as a true center that really scores out of the post and still rebounds and blocks shots, Bynum might be one of the top 3 centers in the league. Bynum already has better post moves than Dwight Howard. He doesn't need the pick-and-roll to score like Stoudemire, and he is more dominating than K-man.

Lakers all of a sudden are fun to watch again.

Medvedenko
01-12-2008, 01:53 AM
Yes Bynum is top 5 now...I'm convinced. He has more moves than anyone outside Yao. Oh, and he's only 20. Look out league. Oh, and I still think we're one more season away from serious contention. I would love for us to get Mike Miller to go along with Kobe, Odom, Bynum and Fish. That would be my perfect five for this team. Not going to happen though, but that would be sweet. I like Walton and I love Ariza, but if the Lakers had a shooter like Miller in their starting 5...watch the fuck out.

Medvedenko
01-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Tonight's game....vs the bucks:

10-13 25 points 5-8 from the freethrow line 17 rebounds

Kobe (battling an illness)

12-25 37 points 5-9 3pts 5 rebounds 7 assists

Bynum should have had more touches :)