PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: So What's Wrong With These Guys?

duncan228
01-11-2008, 12:10 PM
So...What's McDonald's user name on ST? :)

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/01/jeff_mcdonald_s_3.html

Jeff McDonald: So what's wrong with these guys?

For the first month of the season, the Spurs looked like the second coming of the 1995 Bulls. Since, they've looked like the second coming of any Clippers team from 1984 to the present.

They've dropped eight of their past 14 games and, after Thursday night's loss to Detroit, find themselves in second place in the Southwest Division for the first time this season (Dallas, much to Mark Cuban's delight, is in first).

So what gives? Here are a couple of theories. In the spirit of this election season, we will let you, gentle reader(s), decide. Leave your answers in the comments section below.

The Spurs are struggling because:

A) They're too old.
B) It's too early.
C) They've been hurt.
D) Tony Parker shoots too much.
E) Manu Ginobili comes off the bench.
F) Other: ____________

SenorSpur
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
A, B, C, & D

Findog
01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
They're just losing to the teams they're supposed to lose to. When they win, they hit some fake lucky shots. No surprises there.

CubanMustGo
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I take it McDonald didn't follow the Spurs before this year.

F. SPAM

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Spurs are too old

and Parker shoot WAY too much, he forces the issue to pad the stats, when it was obvious TD was getting what he wanted Parker still rather up his point total

theroc5
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
F. Heart

We will be fine and win another ship if we find one but until then we shouldnt even make the playoffs. We have to find our championship heart.

MoSpur
01-11-2008, 12:54 PM
E. Other
The Spurs want the Mavs fans to believe they have a chance so they we can see the disappointment on their faces and on Mark Cuban's face.

Hemotivo
01-11-2008, 01:06 PM
A B C D E

telecomguy
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Spurs are too old

and Parker shoot WAY too much, he forces the issue to pad the stats, when it was obvious TD was getting what he wanted Parker still rather up his point total

When you have a shoot-first PG who is sort of a one-dimensional player (i.e. drive-layup) with no jump shot, it isn't too hard for good defensive teams to stop the Spurs. Last night, we basically played with two scoring guards and no PG, which explains the lack of ball movement. Coupled with the fact that neither TP nor Gino could make a jump shot, and it's easy to understand why Pistons could just pack the lane and stop the two Scoring Guards-With No Jump Shot, stone cold.

Earlier in the year, TP was actually making lot more passes, getting more assists and even shooting jumpers once in awhile. Lately in the past month or two, he has reverted back to the non-passing one-dimensional PG who forces too much and makes lot of turnovers.

Let's hope TP remembers that he is a PG even if not a true PG. Without ball movement we are going to have to rely on TD fighting double teams and burning him out in the paint while the rest of the players watch him.

timmy21_4rings
01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
A & D

nkdlunch
01-11-2008, 01:43 PM
parker sucked last night, he was playing like 19 yr old parker. The problem was that Pop just let him be

ata
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
F: Other - pop doesn't want to attend ASG

Kibic
01-11-2008, 03:10 PM
When you have a shoot-first PG who is sort of a one-dimensional player (i.e. drive-layup) with no jump shot, it isn't too hard for good defensive teams to stop the Spurs. Last night, we basically played with two scoring guards and no PG, which explains the lack of ball movement. Coupled with the fact that neither TP nor Gino could make a jump shot, and it's easy to understand why Pistons could just pack the lane and stop the two Scoring Guards-With No Jump Shot, stone cold.

Earlier in the year, TP was actually making lot more passes, getting more assists and even shooting jumpers once in awhile. Lately in the past month or two, he has reverted back to the non-passing one-dimensional PG who forces too much and makes lot of turnovers.

Let's hope TP remembers that he is a PG even if not a true PG. Without ball movement we are going to have to rely on TD fighting double teams and burning him out in the paint while the rest of the players watch him.

Yeah...we need a pass-first PG. How for god... we came into this situation...

Kori Ellis
01-11-2008, 03:17 PM
When you have a shoot-first PG who is sort of a one-dimensional player (i.e. drive-layup) with no jump shot, it isn't too hard for good defensive teams to stop the Spurs.

I am glad Tony had a horrible game so you could start your same crap from last year :lol

Kori Ellis
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM

and you too. :lol

SenorSpur
01-11-2008, 03:20 PM
How about some frickin' frontline help for Duncan?

urunobili
01-11-2008, 03:26 PM
How about some frickin' frontline help for Duncan?
i had a dream it was Kaman... :sleep

Phenomanul
01-11-2008, 04:42 PM
F: Other - pop doesn't want to attend ASG

This was my vote.

WalterBenitez
01-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I think they really miss Beno, and that's why we suck!

ricketts
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
B and C and a little D (when he's off he shouldnt try and force it. dish to T.D. or anyone else who is on.)

td4mvp21
01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
FOr all the people who bitch about Tony taking too many shots-which he usually makes a good percentage of the ones he takes-this is what happens. Our offense sucks and we lose badly. We need Parker to shoot.

Dave McNulla
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
what's wrong is they aren't playing playoff basketball the way we know they can play playoff basketball.

good thing they aren't in the playoffs right now. they got 3 months and 10 days to get it together.

Spurs Brazil
01-11-2008, 06:46 PM
F - January