PDA

View Full Version : mission accomplished

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
It's been hard, but the Spurs have finally gotten themselves out of first place in the West!

Amen!!

Pop's desire to avoid coaching the all-star game has been realized, attention is now being deflected away from San Antonio, and the best team in major sports can continue their annual pattern of sneaking up on people when the real season starts.

Everyone doubts the Spurs in January. If you don't believe me search old threads for the last few years.

Call me in March, bitches. I'm putting on my Robert Horry jersey and taking a nap. :sleep

bull62400
01-11-2008, 12:26 PM
lol!! well said!

carina_gino20
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
wise words from the SPAM-master :smokin

DubMcDub
01-11-2008, 12:36 PM
The Spurs don't fly under anyone's radar, except maybe the media. You're kidding yourself (that is, if your post wasn't completely tongue in cheek, which it may have been).

Every single player and coach in the NBA knows what's out there when they are playing the Spurs. Doesn't matter if you're the 1 seed or the 8 seed.

ancestron
01-11-2008, 02:19 PM
As a Mav fan, I'm sure you now know all about it not mattering if you're the #1 seed or the #8 seed.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM
The Spurs don't fly under anyone's radar, except maybe the media. You're kidding yourself (that is, if your post wasn't completely tongue in cheek, which it may have been).

Every single player and coach in the NBA knows what's out there when they are playing the Spurs. Doesn't matter if you're the 1 seed or the 8 seed.

The moral of my post is that the first 50 games are nothing more than extended preseason to both the coaches and players.

Makes season tickets very desirable!! :tu

E20
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
The seedings aren't that different at all. Suns lost last night and the only team that has gotten an edge is the Mavs, but it's pretty much the same situation, a game here or there and the Spurs are number 1 seed again.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-11-2008, 02:38 PM
As a Mav fan, I'm sure you now know all about it not mattering if you're the #1 seed or the #8 seed.

Damn :lol

DubMcDub
01-11-2008, 03:30 PM

Oh, I get it! You're saying that because the Mavs were the #1 seed but they actually LOST to the #8 seed!!! :lol :lol :lol OMG, that's so funny!1!

..... :rolleyes

bigfundamental21
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks, Helicopter Jones. Sometimes you just need to go right out and speak the truth. It's January and everyone is in a panic, trying to figure out what is wrong. Nothing is wrong. This is the Spurs MO. We will be there when it counts.

ClingingMars
01-11-2008, 09:37 PM
it's the regular season, boys

-Mars

BonnerDynasty
01-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Pop better play balls out against Boston.

I don't care if they lose all the others on purpose just entertain us for once.

Tippecanoe
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
wtf, spurs went from 1st in the west to 5th in one night

the west is crazay :wow

lefty
01-11-2008, 10:36 PM

So why was every body talking about Dallas and Phoenix last season ?

Armando
01-11-2008, 11:05 PM
The Spurs maybe under the media's rader but I doubt they are being overlook by other teams. When I look at the Suns schedule I am not thrilled when I see SAS on it.

Armando
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
So why was every body talking about Dallas and Phoenix last season ?

Maybe becuase of Dallas's record and the Suns 17 game winning streak.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-11-2008, 11:55 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/frozenpinky/unknowngirl.gif

What?

RC's Boss
01-12-2008, 12:00 AM

What?
Titties bouncing!

td4mvp21
01-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh, I get it! You're saying that because the Mavs were the #1 seed but they actually LOST to the #8 seed!!! :lol :lol :lol OMG, that's so funny!1!

..... :rolleyes

It was funny.

BonnerDynasty
01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
So in a western conference where the top 6 teams will be legitimate contenders...

Home court advantage must mean jack shit to Pop?

Pistonfan1
01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Pistons >>>>> Spurs. Sheed/Billups can lock down Duncan/Parker on any given night. Sadly you cant say the same vice versa wise.

Udrihlooms
01-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Pistons >>>>> Spurs. Sheed/Billups can lock down Duncan/Parker on any given night. Sadly you cant say the same vice versa wise.

So, are you trying to tell us that Sheed>Duncan on any given night?

Sadly I think you're an idiot.

polandprzem
01-12-2008, 04:55 AM
The seedings aren't that different at all. Suns lost last night and the only team that has gotten an edge is the Mavs, but it's pretty much the same situation, a game here or there and the Spurs are number 1 seed again.

Shit!

They need to srop tree more !

spurms
01-12-2008, 05:39 AM
So, are you trying to tell us that Sheed>Duncan on any given night?

Sadly I think you're an idiot.

sheed can shoot 3s, duncan can't. :donkey

nfg3
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM

Agreed but Sheed, for all his talent and he is incredibly talented, is a head case. Frankly I never know which Sheed will show up. The one who beat us the other night and played great or the one who played agianst the Cavs last year. As Flip was quoted Sheed's greatest strength and weakness is his emotions. How his emotions effect him decides how he plays. On the other hand TD is solid as a rock. He has never lost a game/series due to his emotions like Sheed did last year against the Cavs IMO. Though there are many who will say that it was team effort to lose to the Cavs I still believe that his outbursts - especially in game 6 were if the Pistons had come back to win Sheed would have been suspended due to his second T - played a significant role in the defeat. I'll take TD's consistency over Sheed's occasional spectacular play any day. Though I would love to have both. Now those two would be a pretty spectacular twin tower combo.

Hemotivo
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
:wtf

ClingingMars
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM

You, sir, just lost all credibility on this board.

Come back in March, dumbass.

-Mars

m33p0
01-12-2008, 08:36 PM
*cue old duncan atari commercial*

duncan doesn't shoot 3s but it doesn't mean that he can't. btw, i seem to remember a duncan 3 against you're very own pistons in the '05 championship.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2008, 08:57 PM

What?Masterful thread hijack.

ShoogarBear
01-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Pistons >>>>> Spurs. Sheed/Billups can lock down Duncan/Parker on any given night. Sadly you cant say the same vice versa wise.Dude, you need to change your name to PistonsDynasty. Seriously. :tu

Vingianx
01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Spurs >>> Pistons it's already a proven fact, regular season means jack ish